Lucina [Fire Emblem] Discussion

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Dustination

Mach Rider
  Dustination

Lucina [Fire Emblem] Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Lucina [Fire Emblem] Discussion   Lucina [Fire Emblem] Discussion EmptySun Dec 27, 2015 1:01 pm

Discuss whether or not you think Lucina should be added to Super Smash Bros. Crusade.
Back to top Go down
https://projectcrusade.forumotion.com/
MarioStrikerMurphy1994
Level 5 CPU
MarioStrikerMurphy1994

PostSubject: Re: Lucina [Fire Emblem] Discussion   Lucina [Fire Emblem] Discussion EmptySun Dec 27, 2015 7:21 pm

Lucina is my most favourite girl from Fire Emblem saga, and, frankly, I found nice she was added to the characters list from SSB4.

She could be even a nice addition for SSBC; however, I'm suggesting some changes from SSB4, in order to further differentiate her from Marth.

Here are my Special Moves ideas:

-Neutral Special: Dashing Assault: Lucina charges her sword, for later deliver a thrust while dashing forward.

-Side Special: Dual Strike: Lucina gives a powerful slash, for later giving an extra slash which knocks back opponents behind her.

-Up Special: Crescent Slash: Lucina rises in an arc while attacking. Attacks at a steeper angle, but with less height. Does most damage at the midway point.

-Down Special: Inspire Courage: Lucina rises in high her sword, while a light shines on her. This move increases your attributes for 25%

-Final Smash: Critical Hit: Unlike Marth's Critical Hit, Lucina's version gives a series of slashes to the enemy, for finally giving a lethal thrust to the enemy.

What do you think? Comment, please.
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Lucina [Fire Emblem] Discussion   Lucina [Fire Emblem] Discussion EmptySun Dec 27, 2015 7:37 pm

Haha no. Literally a Marth clone, like it or not. Even with that moveset she's still very much a clone of Marth.

She doesn't need to be in Crusade. She didn't even need to be in SSB4. I like her as a character, but she's definitely out of Crusade in my book.
Back to top Go down
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
Braystar

Waluigi
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Lucina [Fire Emblem] Discussion   Lucina [Fire Emblem] Discussion EmptySun Dec 27, 2015 10:23 pm

Nah. If we have a Marth clone, it'll be Roy. He actually feels different than Lucy here
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: Lucina [Fire Emblem] Discussion   Lucina [Fire Emblem] Discussion EmptyMon Dec 28, 2015 12:18 am

The thing with clones is that in real Smash Bros. they take no development time. In Crusade they take as long as any other character. Seeing as how Lucina is supposed to Marth but female, it'd be kinda strange to declone her.

In other words no thx.
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Lucina [Fire Emblem] Discussion   Lucina [Fire Emblem] Discussion EmptyMon Dec 28, 2015 1:26 am

Yeah, but the thing is that in Awakening, Lucina has the same fighting style like Chrom, and Chrom's fighting style looks more like Ike's fighting style than Marth's.
So basically, Lucina being Female Marth is complete and utter bullshit.
She can only be a female Ike, at best. That's why I think that Lucina HAS to get an original moveset.
Back to top Go down
desu
Level 6 CPU
desu

Yoshi
  fanyoshixD

PostSubject: Re: Lucina [Fire Emblem] Discussion   Lucina [Fire Emblem] Discussion EmptyMon Dec 28, 2015 3:43 am

If Lucina gets in she should get a more powerful and faster moveset, with different moves.
Something like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-o3Ksw-ed0
I would still prefer Roy tho...
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Lucina [Fire Emblem] Discussion   Lucina [Fire Emblem] Discussion EmptyMon Dec 28, 2015 4:21 am

I would also prefer Roy over Lucina, but that's my fanbias towards Roy talking.
Back to top Go down
Roy
Level 7 CPU
Roy

RoyMaster4

PostSubject: Re: Lucina [Fire Emblem] Discussion   Lucina [Fire Emblem] Discussion EmptyMon Dec 28, 2015 8:24 am

If we want an Awakening rep, Robin exists.

As much as I like Fire Emblem, I gotta say no to Lucina, unless she is made into an alternate costume somehow without taking much in the way of development resources.
Back to top Go down
Athorment

Athorment

Ganondorf
  Athorment

PostSubject: Re: Lucina [Fire Emblem] Discussion   Lucina [Fire Emblem] Discussion EmptyFri Jan 08, 2016 11:08 pm

Support for Lucina right here!

I am also in favor of decloning her or actually giving her some of Roy's sm4sh moves. That blade of hers looks like could be stronger in the base of the blade and roy could abuse the "Fire Effects" on his sword of seals way better to be honest.
Back to top Go down
http://athorment.deviantart.com/
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Lucina [Fire Emblem] Discussion   Lucina [Fire Emblem] Discussion EmptyFri Jan 08, 2016 11:38 pm

B-b-but I want actual Roy in the game and not a Lucina with Roy's moves. Sad
Back to top Go down
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
Braystar

Waluigi
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Lucina [Fire Emblem] Discussion   Lucina [Fire Emblem] Discussion EmptySat Jan 09, 2016 12:32 am

^^^^^

Lucina will NOT take Roy's moves/special thing about him. Lucina will always be the 2nd worst clone in Smash (Pichu is no. 1)
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Lucina [Fire Emblem] Discussion   Lucina [Fire Emblem] Discussion EmptySat Jan 09, 2016 12:46 am

Finally someone who understand me!
Though I do have to say: Pichu would have been much better if he wouldn't suck so much in Smash.
Back to top Go down
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
Braystar

Waluigi
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Lucina [Fire Emblem] Discussion   Lucina [Fire Emblem] Discussion EmptySat Jan 09, 2016 12:59 am

True, but this isn't the place to talk about Pichu. Lucina brings nothing new to the table with Roy's 'base is stronger' thing. She'll still be a carbon copy of Marth.
Back to top Go down
MarioStrikerMurphy1994
Level 5 CPU
MarioStrikerMurphy1994

PostSubject: Re: Lucina [Fire Emblem] Discussion   Lucina [Fire Emblem] Discussion EmptySat Jan 09, 2016 1:01 am

Athorment wrote:

I am also in favor of decloning her or actually giving her some of Roy's sm4sh moves. That blade of hers looks like could be stronger in the base of the blade and roy could abuse the "Fire Effects" on his sword of seals way better to be honest.

Finally. Another one who supports Lucina aside me XP!

But, what do you think about the moveset I wrote for her above?
Back to top Go down
Athorment

Athorment

Ganondorf
  Athorment

PostSubject: Re: Lucina [Fire Emblem] Discussion   Lucina [Fire Emblem] Discussion EmptySat Jan 09, 2016 9:16 am

Braystar wrote:
Lucina will NOT take Roy's moves/special thing about him.
I think you mean "I don't like the idea of Tweaking Roy so much just to have Lucina in the game", which is a respectable opinion.
The way you worded it... it's like we haven't seen actual clone/semiclones tweaked in the past *cough* Ganondorf *cough* Wink

Braystar wrote:
Lucina brings nothing new to the table with Roy's 'base is stronger' thing. She'll still be a carbon copy of Marth.
So kinda like Dr. Mario you mean? Who is actually in the game... with a few different attributes? idk man, your argument sounds kinda familiar and already applied in the game :U

MarioStrikerMurphy1994 wrote:
What do you think about the moveset I wrote for her above?
Side B and Down B work, but i am not so sure about them...
My Side B and Up B would involve references to her smash trailer and awakening's art.
-Up B is still the same upwards slash, but she will always fall back down in the pose awakening's box art has. The perfect mix of Marth's Up B with Ike's/Cloud's falling part if you will.
-Side B would involve a mobility option where she dashes forward and slashes. Think of this as a mix of Lucario's Project M Down B and Little Mac's Jolt haymaker.
-Down B would still be a counter, but it can easily be made a more "Unique" Counter via delivering hitstun back instead of knockback. This way countering a Smash attack leaves an enemy open for a follow up. It may also not be able to activate the counter against projectiles since Lucina and Roy are kind of the more inexperienced sword wielders in smash (at least when compared to Marth and Ike).
-For Neutral B i have no new ideas so i would just give her the custom move that propels her during the stab or change it back to Marth's Melee Shield Breaker. lol

Though if none of this convinces you that the character can be worked on and decloned then take a look at this:
Lucina BrawlHack:
Back to top Go down
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
Braystar

Waluigi
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Lucina [Fire Emblem] Discussion   Lucina [Fire Emblem] Discussion EmptySat Jan 09, 2016 3:14 pm

She's still a shitty character in her own game tho
Back to top Go down
Athorment

Athorment

Ganondorf
  Athorment

PostSubject: Re: Lucina [Fire Emblem] Discussion   Lucina [Fire Emblem] Discussion EmptySat Jan 09, 2016 5:45 pm

Braystar wrote:

Irrelevant, Opinion. Anything else?
Back to top Go down
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
Braystar

Waluigi
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Lucina [Fire Emblem] Discussion   Lucina [Fire Emblem] Discussion EmptySat Jan 09, 2016 5:49 pm

Not an opinion if it's true. Anyway, if we're going to have a Marth clone Roy surpasses Lucina in everyway
Back to top Go down
Athorment

Athorment

Ganondorf
  Athorment

PostSubject: Re: Lucina [Fire Emblem] Discussion   Lucina [Fire Emblem] Discussion EmptySat Jan 09, 2016 5:59 pm

Braystar wrote:
Not an opinion if it's true. Anyway, if we're going to have a Marth clone Roy surpasses Lucina in everyway

The ironic thing about this post is that Roy is widely known for being horrible in his own game too.

As for your latter statement, You are implying that both Roy and Lucina can't receive the Crusade Ganondorf treatment. False. they can both be decloned if there's push for both.
Back to top Go down
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
Braystar

Waluigi
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Lucina [Fire Emblem] Discussion   Lucina [Fire Emblem] Discussion EmptySat Jan 09, 2016 6:02 pm

Yeah, because Lucina has SO MUCH to take for new movesets. Ganon had way much more to take than Lucina does, so that argument doesn't work
Back to top Go down
SageHarpuiaJDJ

SageHarpuiaJDJ

PostSubject: Re: Lucina [Fire Emblem] Discussion   Lucina [Fire Emblem] Discussion EmptySat Jan 09, 2016 8:24 pm

Athorment wrote:

I disagree with this strongly for two reason:
1. Roy's aesthetics do NOT fit Lucina at all.
2. Having a character recycle a gimmick from another is not unique in the slightest.

Your 'decloned' moveset sounds pretty bland too, tbh. Also, that PM mod's moveset was ungodly broken and looked absolutely rushed in presentation. The only move that actually looks like a proper smash move was the Aether side special.

Braystar wrote:
I'm sorry, but what?

She's actually pretty OP as a unit, tbh. In fact she's, if not, the strongest child unit in that game.

As a protagonist, she's alright, but there's better Lords, but that's already been mentioned.

Braystar wrote:
Yeah, because Lucina has SO MUCH to take for new movesets. Ganon had way much more to take than Lucina does, so that argument doesn't work

She doesn't have as much as Ganon, but she does have a fair amount of stuff to take from her game.

-When she's promoted, she can use Lances.
-When she's promoted, she can use Aether, which is an attack that drains the opponent's health by half of it's damage, then a dash attack that pierces defense.
-The Pavise/Aegis skills are skills that she can learn, which reduces damage for different weapon types.
-The Astra skill, which is a five hit combo where each hit does halve of the base damage.
-Depending on who Chrom marries, she can also have good magic, making her good to use the Levin Sword, which I know Robin uses in his moveset.
-Her fighting style and movement in general can be like in Awakening. Even her stance can be different. I think the only Marth like thing that she has movement wise is her dash attack when she uses Luna, which is the second attack of Aether.

I hate to ask, but did any of you two actually play the game that she's in? Cause this argument just seems to just blind bickering without any kind of source.
Back to top Go down
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
Braystar

Waluigi
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Lucina [Fire Emblem] Discussion   Lucina [Fire Emblem] Discussion EmptySat Jan 09, 2016 8:26 pm

I have Awakening. But she just seems like a whiny b**ch to me
Back to top Go down
SageHarpuiaJDJ

SageHarpuiaJDJ

PostSubject: Re: Lucina [Fire Emblem] Discussion   Lucina [Fire Emblem] Discussion EmptySat Jan 09, 2016 8:35 pm

Braystar wrote:
I have Awakening. But she just seems like a whiny b**ch to me

So you dislike the character. I can respect that actually. I've only really seen her as an amazing unit in gameplay, tbh.
Back to top Go down
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
Braystar

Waluigi
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Lucina [Fire Emblem] Discussion   Lucina [Fire Emblem] Discussion EmptySat Jan 09, 2016 8:38 pm

I just put her in support for Chrom, because he needs it after what Sakurai did to him
Back to top Go down
SageHarpuiaJDJ

SageHarpuiaJDJ

PostSubject: Re: Lucina [Fire Emblem] Discussion   Lucina [Fire Emblem] Discussion EmptySat Jan 09, 2016 8:42 pm

Braystar wrote:
I just put her in support for Chrom, because he needs it after what Sakurai did to him

Don't remind me. Poor Chrom. ;~;
Back to top Go down
Athorment

Athorment

Ganondorf
  Athorment

PostSubject: Re: Lucina [Fire Emblem] Discussion   Lucina [Fire Emblem] Discussion EmptySat Jan 09, 2016 8:59 pm

SageHarpuiaJDJ wrote:
2. Having a character recycle a gimmick from another is not unique in the slightest.

Your 'decloned' moveset sounds pretty bland too, tbh. Also, that PM mod's moveset was ungodly broken and looked absolutely rushed in presentation. The only move that actually looks like a proper smash move was the Aether side special.

What do you mean Roy Aesthetics? The fire effect? The backhanded grip? I was refering to the "Sweetspot on the Base/center" idea as a 2-part thing. My Roy decloned ideas are on the proper Roy Thread (I dont know how to directly link to my post, but it shouldn't be too hard to find), if he gets a treatment similar to what i posted then there's a similar chance to Lucina.
Also, sorry if the video's presentation looked "Bad" or if the animation was subpar to look "Smash-like" enough, but if "Broken" is the issue then it would only require balancing then.
Back to top Go down
SageHarpuiaJDJ

SageHarpuiaJDJ

PostSubject: Re: Lucina [Fire Emblem] Discussion   Lucina [Fire Emblem] Discussion EmptySat Jan 09, 2016 9:31 pm

Athorment wrote:
SageHarpuiaJDJ wrote:

What do you mean Roy Aesthetics? The fire effect? The backhanded grip? I was refering to the "Sweetspot on the Base/center" idea as a 2-part thing. My Roy decloned ideas are on the proper Roy Thread (I dont know how to directly link to my post, but it shouldn't be too hard to find), if he gets a treatment similar to what i posted then there's a similar chance to Lucina.
Also, sorry if the video's presentation looked "Bad" or if the animation was subpar to look "Smash-like" enough, but if "Broken" is the issue then it would only require balancing then.

I thought you meant the backhand grip so my apologies on that matter, but having Roy's sweetspot would not help with decloning in the slightest. Hell, gameplay wise she'll be a clone of Roy. The base sweetspot is something that changes Roy's playstyle, forcing the player to either be more offensive, or to bait out the opposing player. No matter how her moves may look or function, if she has that sweetspot, she'll just be a slightly better, or worse, Roy. If anything, Lucina shouldn't really have any sort of sweetspot gimmick, because that would make her no different from Marth or Roy.

The unnatural look of those animations aren't the only thing that makes them bad, the way the moves themselves work as smash moves, and I'm talking about the specials, just does not do official moves justice and just looked slapped together. For one thing, it would be easier and make more sense to have the moves in her side special be spread out throughout her whole moveset, not just a switch move that uses Marth's Side B as a base. Astra made me cringe at not only the way the move looks as the whole, but the fact that not only it is extremely unsafe looking, but it lacks any range and you can easily escape it from it appearance. Pavise having super armor is okay, but being able to act out of it is extremely broken and unfitting to the move in general. The rest are just unhuman, even for smash standard, sword based moves that was just added to be sword based moves.

Back to top Go down
lordvaati
Level 2 CPU
lordvaati

PostSubject: Re: Lucina [Fire Emblem] Discussion   Lucina [Fire Emblem] Discussion EmptySat Jan 09, 2016 10:39 pm

decloned Lucina, you say?

I can get behind that, yes.
Back to top Go down
Sean_McMuffin
Level 4 CPU
Sean_McMuffin

Mach Rider
  EnderSean311

PostSubject: Re: Lucina [Fire Emblem] Discussion   Lucina [Fire Emblem] Discussion EmptySun Jan 10, 2016 8:36 pm

I fully support! But please do not make her a Marth clone if she is added. Out of all the skills she has in fire emblem, there can be so many things to make her different. Even her stance would be real cool.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lucina [Fire Emblem] Discussion   Lucina [Fire Emblem] Discussion Empty

Back to top Go down

Lucina [Fire Emblem] Discussion
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next