Tharja (Fire Emblem) Discussion: The Dark Mage Bookworm

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ace74300
Level 1 CPU
Ace74300

Sp.Relinquished

Tharja (Fire Emblem) Discussion: The Dark Mage Bookworm Empty
PostSubject: Tharja (Fire Emblem) Discussion: The Dark Mage Bookworm   Tharja (Fire Emblem) Discussion: The Dark Mage Bookworm EmptySun Dec 06, 2015 1:32 pm

Tharja
Why should she be in the game? She's an amazing Fire Emblem representative who's even on the cover. One of the most popular FE:Awakening characters out there. She's a Fire Emblem character that doesn't use a sword at all, and She's a girl, keeping gender diversity. And she's from a more recent Fire Emblem. Unlike Marth, Ike, and Roy the "Most Popular". And unlike Robin, Chrom, and Lucina who are honestly more recognizable from the most recent game, the three can't really do what hasn't been done before.

the tomes do not have to exhaust use and change appearance on moves. If they did then you would have to keep track of so much considering the plethora of magic she can only use.

-She will be in Dark mage class to keep her typical outfit in her official art.

-Dark Mage classes can only use Tomes, but unlike normal mage classes they can use DARK MAGIC. Which 90% of the time heals the user a percentage of damage it deals. I tried to keep her moves in range of teh game she is, so all Tomes, skills, and other are in Fire Emblem: Awakening.

Neutral Special- Aversa's Night, sends out a short range ball of darkness that if made contact Darkness shrouds the enemy and damages them for a few seconds, must recharge to prevent spam. Enemy doesn't flinch and Tharja heals 1%

Side special- Mire, Sends out a slow long ranged green ball of magic (More looking like smoke
than a ball) and can stun the enemy. Chargeable.

Up Special- Wilderwind, it looks like the cliche ninja wind they disappear in, complete with leaves! And seeing that while playing makes me think this would be a good up special. but instead of the classic disappear and teleport, She creates the wind and then launches her skyward to recover. The damage would only be dealt on initial activation, a.k.a where the wind would be. When she launches upwards then the wind could stay where it was for a second or two and the disperse. So the wind acts like a cannon.
Tharja (Fire Emblem) Discussion: The Dark Mage Bookworm Latest?cb=20140914083248

Down Special- Not a real Tome, but rather a skill: Hex. a move were she surrounds herself in
darkness damaging people who get close, damages Tharja, makes enemies flinch when she touches
them.

Forward smash- Excalibur, A strong wind magic that looks liek a large cresent. It would go farther the longer charged up, and would be more powerful when it makes contact closer to Tharja than when it's farther. The range on it would still be short.

Up Smash- A dark magic ball would appear over her head and then fall like in the example, when falling though it would lose it's power and thus just launch the opponent. The charge up can be like the gif shown.
Tharja (Fire Emblem) Discussion: The Dark Mage Bookworm Latest?cb=20080602162809

Down Smash- Celica's Gale (My favorite wind magic in terms of design) It's a red wind magic than can be used to pull enemies in closer, then disperse causing them to launch.
Tharja (Fire Emblem) Discussion: The Dark Mage Bookworm Latest?cb=20140914083348

Forward tilt- Ruin, It's an x shaped damaging dark magic spell. It would be close range.

Down tilt- Rexcalibur, This is the only Tome use i suggest doesn't have what FEA has. You use it and a small tri-pillar ice form comes out of the ground and freezes the opponent, This representation isn't as powerful as it is in the previous FE installments nor what it looks like in FEA but it works perfectly here.

Up tilt- Elfire, a weaker fire magic. She holds her hand upwards and fire ignites upon it.

Neutral Air- Anathema, it's like Hex but wont damage Tharja. It also wont do as much damage as hex or have the range that hex would.

Forward air- Bolganone, a B ranked fire magic that would appear in front of Tharja. It is a fire plume that rises from he spell circle, it would have a small amount of time to cast, showing the circle then the lava plume.

Back air- Dying Blaze, an E ranked fire magic that shoots a small ember that dies quickly. It would hit the enemy but not launch them. It would have a short range shooting behind her. Possible opponent getting set on fire.

Down air-  Superior Jolt, A B ranked Lightning magic that would shoot an upside down W shaped lightning bolt below her but it be wide. the middle point on the W would be a meteor smash while the other two launch.

Taunt- Hugs book, like her typical portrait in the game.
Tharja (Fire Emblem) Discussion: The Dark Mage Bookworm 177?cb=20151114210139

Final Smash- Vengeance + Goetia combo. Let me explain, Vengeance activates (It will act
differently in this than in FEA) and if possible the activator sequence from FEA would be an awesome addition. (Where their picture shows up inside of a little bar like so) and have her giggle which is one of three things she can say when that activates, Vengance powers up her magic then she rises in the air and uses Goetia, A Devastating dark magic lightning looking attack that is huge and appears like a tower
when hitting the enemy (Or ground).
Tharja (Fire Emblem) Discussion: The Dark Mage Bookworm HqdefaultTharja (Fire Emblem) Discussion: The Dark Mage Bookworm Latest?cb=20140914084816
Back to top Go down
http://normalgamers.weebly.com
Slissith

Slissith

( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

PostSubject: Re: Tharja (Fire Emblem) Discussion: The Dark Mage Bookworm   Tharja (Fire Emblem) Discussion: The Dark Mage Bookworm EmptySun Dec 06, 2015 2:05 pm

Finally ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: Tharja (Fire Emblem) Discussion: The Dark Mage Bookworm   Tharja (Fire Emblem) Discussion: The Dark Mage Bookworm EmptySun Dec 06, 2015 5:54 pm

I don't really see a good reason for this character. Yeah she's popular, but will she still be popular when Crusade is "finished?" Plus wouldn't it be weird if we had Marth and Tharja and that's it? That'd be like having Mario and Nabbit. And even if we were going to get Ike, Roy, and Robin, Tharja would still be the odd one out.

You did really good on the moveset tho.
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Tharja (Fire Emblem) Discussion: The Dark Mage Bookworm   Tharja (Fire Emblem) Discussion: The Dark Mage Bookworm EmptySun Dec 06, 2015 6:08 pm

You realize the cover has Kellam on it right? (my favorite character but very unpopular). The cover does not matter.

Being a girl isn't points for her to get in.

The only Awakening rep we need is Robin. Not a character you can actually kill and not recruit in the game.

The moveset itself is good. I can see she's a pure mage character. But the thing is there are so many better choices for a pure mage.

I can't support.
Back to top Go down
eris27100
Level 3 CPU
eris27100

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Tharja (Fire Emblem) Discussion: The Dark Mage Bookworm   Tharja (Fire Emblem) Discussion: The Dark Mage Bookworm EmptySun Dec 06, 2015 8:10 pm

Personally like others have said some of the pros aren't very effective at proving a point but the move set alone makes me support, also she is going to be in the Shin Megami tensei X fire emblem game not sure if that changes anything
Back to top Go down
MarioStrikerMurphy1994
Level 5 CPU
MarioStrikerMurphy1994

PostSubject: Re: Tharja (Fire Emblem) Discussion: The Dark Mage Bookworm   Tharja (Fire Emblem) Discussion: The Dark Mage Bookworm EmptySun Dec 06, 2015 9:16 pm

Not bad. We need more Fire Emblem characters.

So, support!
Back to top Go down
SageHarpuiaJDJ

SageHarpuiaJDJ

PostSubject: Re: Tharja (Fire Emblem) Discussion: The Dark Mage Bookworm   Tharja (Fire Emblem) Discussion: The Dark Mage Bookworm EmptySun Dec 06, 2015 9:36 pm

I honestly wouldn't mind seeing her being repped as the Mage, since Awakening is pretty hype right now, and tbh, I don't a lot of people know notable FE mages. (I would kill to see Sophia or Nino get repped somehow.) Supporting.

Though, just a suggestion, as cool as Wilderwind looks in Awakening, I think that It'll be more fitting to have Waste as the Up special just cause it's dark magic. Up to you though.
Back to top Go down
Ace74300
Level 1 CPU
Ace74300

Sp.Relinquished

PostSubject: Re: Tharja (Fire Emblem) Discussion: The Dark Mage Bookworm   Tharja (Fire Emblem) Discussion: The Dark Mage Bookworm EmptyMon Dec 07, 2015 1:00 pm

Thank you for your opinions everyone ^-^ (Sorry I had school) I see now I got to work harder on why someone should be a character in Crusade, but I'm glad you like the moveset!

And I couldn't think of a cool way to use Waste as a recovery, unless we used it like Wilderwind but instead have it dark magic which could work too.
I'll see if I can think of a moveset for an obscure but still reasonable Fire Emblem character, so we can see the franchise more represented. I'm just sick of seeing swordmen that are essential to the story.
But still everyone, thank you for your input! I know my strengths and weaknesses for character building now.
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Tharja (Fire Emblem) Discussion: The Dark Mage Bookworm   Tharja (Fire Emblem) Discussion: The Dark Mage Bookworm EmptyMon Dec 07, 2015 1:06 pm

Ace74300 wrote:
Thank you for your opinions everyone ^-^ (Sorry I had school) I see now I got to work harder on why someone should be a character in Crusade, but I'm glad you like the moveset!

And I couldn't think of a cool way to use Waste as a recovery, unless we used it like Wilderwind but instead have it dark magic which could work too.
I'll see if I can think of a moveset for an obscure but still reasonable Fire Emblem character, so we can see the franchise more represented. I'm just sick of seeing swordmen that are essential to the story.
But still everyone, thank you for your input! I know my strengths and weaknesses for character building now.
I mean...of course we're going to get swordsmen essential to the story. They're the main characters.

We should see Lyn and Hector for non-swordusers first off.
Back to top Go down
Roy
Level 7 CPU
Roy

RoyMaster4

PostSubject: Re: Tharja (Fire Emblem) Discussion: The Dark Mage Bookworm   Tharja (Fire Emblem) Discussion: The Dark Mage Bookworm EmptyMon Dec 07, 2015 4:05 pm

Lego Shaq wrote:
I mean...of course we're going to get swordsmen essential to the story. They're the main characters.

... Lyn? Non-sworduser? That's like saying Lucina isn't a sword user (she can optionally use lances or reclass into something else, like Lyn can optionally use bows... but primarily sword based). And technically Hector can use swords (though axe is his primary weapon). Though, there are plenty of non-sword user options...

I like Tharja, but I don't know if she's deserving...
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Tharja (Fire Emblem) Discussion: The Dark Mage Bookworm   Tharja (Fire Emblem) Discussion: The Dark Mage Bookworm EmptyMon Dec 07, 2015 4:44 pm

Roy wrote:
Lego Shaq wrote:

... Lyn? Non-sworduser? That's like saying Lucina isn't a sword user (she can optionally use lances or reclass into something else, like Lyn can optionally use bows... but primarily sword based). And technically Hector can use swords (though axe is his primary weapon). Though, there are plenty of non-sword user options...

I like Tharja, but I don't know if she's deserving...
I got mixed up there.

Hector is iconic for using his axe, he can be reclassed into a sworduser, but that doesn't change what he mainly is.
Back to top Go down
Ace74300
Level 1 CPU
Ace74300

Sp.Relinquished

PostSubject: Re: Tharja (Fire Emblem) Discussion: The Dark Mage Bookworm   Tharja (Fire Emblem) Discussion: The Dark Mage Bookworm EmptyMon Dec 07, 2015 6:00 pm

I honestly can't think of a character that would use a purely mage based moveset... And honestly when I get to thinking about it, FE: fates Birthright, Conquest, and Revalations are all coming this Feburary to America. Maybe I'll try to make a moveset for the avatar or the amazing looking Main Character...
Tharja (Fire Emblem) Discussion: The Dark Mage Bookworm Aqua_w11 Tharja (Fire Emblem) Discussion: The Dark Mage Bookworm Main11 Tharja (Fire Emblem) Discussion: The Dark Mage Bookworm Robin11
(Pictures for those who haven't seen their design yet) She uses Spears it looks like. I've been avoiding looking into it.
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Tharja (Fire Emblem) Discussion: The Dark Mage Bookworm   Tharja (Fire Emblem) Discussion: The Dark Mage Bookworm EmptyMon Dec 07, 2015 6:08 pm

Ace74300 wrote:
I honestly can't think of a character that would use a purely mage based moveset... And honestly when I get to thinking about it, FE: fates Birthright, Conquest, and Revalations are all coming this Feburary to America. Maybe I'll try to make a moveset for the avatar or the amazing looking Main Character...
Tharja (Fire Emblem) Discussion: The Dark Mage Bookworm Aqua_w11 Tharja (Fire Emblem) Discussion: The Dark Mage Bookworm Main11 Tharja (Fire Emblem) Discussion: The Dark Mage Bookworm Robin11
(Pictures for those who haven't seen their design yet) She uses Spears it looks like. I've been avoiding looking into it.
I mean, why does the mage have to be a Fire Emblem character though?
Back to top Go down
Roy
Level 7 CPU
Roy

RoyMaster4

PostSubject: Re: Tharja (Fire Emblem) Discussion: The Dark Mage Bookworm   Tharja (Fire Emblem) Discussion: The Dark Mage Bookworm EmptyMon Dec 07, 2015 9:36 pm

Lego Shaq wrote:
We're going to have other mages most likely (Zelda, Kamek, etc). The question here is if Fire Emblem should have a mage representatitve. While almost all main characters use melee weapons as their primary form of attack (Micaiah being the notable exception), a good chunk (1/3 or so) of characters use magic... though, I think Robin and Anna are probably plenty for magic users.

Not sure if there's a good pick for a major character who just uses magic, while also not overrepping a current game. Lyn and Hector get priority over someone like Nino, so maybe Micaiah is the only option...
I'm partial to Lilina, but that's mainly because she's the secondary character to Roy in FE6.
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Tharja (Fire Emblem) Discussion: The Dark Mage Bookworm   Tharja (Fire Emblem) Discussion: The Dark Mage Bookworm EmptyMon Dec 07, 2015 11:38 pm

If Corrin (the avatar from Fire Emblem Fates) becomes playable, then maybe his Final Smash could be him turning into a dragon.
After all, Corrin is a manakete (not sure if I spelled that term correctly), from what I remember (it's obvious I never actually played that game and heavily relied on the internet for informations).
Back to top Go down
SageHarpuiaJDJ

SageHarpuiaJDJ

PostSubject: Re: Tharja (Fire Emblem) Discussion: The Dark Mage Bookworm   Tharja (Fire Emblem) Discussion: The Dark Mage Bookworm EmptyTue Dec 08, 2015 2:52 am

Roy wrote:
Lego Shaq wrote:
We're going to have other mages most likely (Zelda, Kamek, etc). The question here is if Fire Emblem should have a mage representatitve. While almost all main characters use melee weapons as their primary form of attack (Micaiah being the notable exception), a good chunk (1/3 or so) of characters use magic... though, I think Robin and Anna are probably plenty for magic users.

Not sure if there's a good pick for a major character who just uses magic, while also not overrepping a current game. Lyn and Hector get priority over someone like Nino, so maybe Micaiah is the only option...
I'm partial to Lilina, but that's mainly because she's the secondary character to Roy in FE6.

I honestly forgot about Micaiah. She could be a good rep as a Mage.
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Tharja (Fire Emblem) Discussion: The Dark Mage Bookworm   Tharja (Fire Emblem) Discussion: The Dark Mage Bookworm EmptyTue Dec 08, 2015 8:55 am

Also, since Lilina is a secondary to Roy, she cannot be playable before Roy becomes playable.
You know what to do, guys. Kappa
Back to top Go down
Ace74300
Level 1 CPU
Ace74300

Sp.Relinquished

PostSubject: Re: Tharja (Fire Emblem) Discussion: The Dark Mage Bookworm   Tharja (Fire Emblem) Discussion: The Dark Mage Bookworm EmptyTue Dec 08, 2015 1:03 pm

TrinitroMan wrote:
If Corrin (the avatar from Fire Emblem Fates) becomes playable, then maybe his Final Smash could be him turning into a dragon.
After all, Corrin is a manakete (not sure if I spelled that term correctly), from what I remember (it's obvious I never actually played that game and heavily relied on the internet for informations).

Woah spoilers XD

And anyway, I was thinking that maybe a Mage rep could be from Final Fantasy instead (Maybe)
But that still begs the question... Who could be a good Fire Emblem rep that doesn't use a sword? I don't want to believe that no one is eligible. I just can't think of the characters.
(Partially because, I must confess I was late into the Fire Emblem scene... I got into it with Awakening)
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Tharja (Fire Emblem) Discussion: The Dark Mage Bookworm   Tharja (Fire Emblem) Discussion: The Dark Mage Bookworm EmptyTue Dec 08, 2015 1:35 pm

Ace74300 wrote:
TrinitroMan wrote:

Woah spoilers XD

And anyway, I was thinking that maybe a Mage rep could be from Final Fantasy instead (Maybe)
But that still begs the question... Who could be a good Fire Emblem rep that doesn't use a sword? I don't want to believe that no one is eligible. I just can't think of the characters.
(Partially because, I must confess I was late into the Fire Emblem scene... I got into it with Awakening)
As I said, Hector.
Back to top Go down
Roy
Level 7 CPU
Roy

RoyMaster4

PostSubject: Re: Tharja (Fire Emblem) Discussion: The Dark Mage Bookworm   Tharja (Fire Emblem) Discussion: The Dark Mage Bookworm EmptyWed Dec 09, 2015 9:04 am

To be fair, swinging an axe is pretty similar to swinging a sword (even along the lines of doing more damage at the blade instead of the handle).

Ephraim uses a lance, but that's pretty similar to Waddle Dee..
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Tharja (Fire Emblem) Discussion: The Dark Mage Bookworm   Tharja (Fire Emblem) Discussion: The Dark Mage Bookworm EmptyWed Dec 09, 2015 9:25 am

Yeah, but Waddle Dee isn't playable yet (and no signs of Waddle Dee ever becoming playable), so Ephraim might still have a shot.
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Tharja (Fire Emblem) Discussion: The Dark Mage Bookworm   Tharja (Fire Emblem) Discussion: The Dark Mage Bookworm EmptyWed Dec 09, 2015 4:20 pm

TrinitroMan wrote:
Yeah, but Waddle Dee isn't playable yet (and no signs of Waddle Dee ever becoming playable), so Ephraim might still have a shot.
Uh, there's no signs of ANYONE becoming playable. Bandana Dee is extremely likely anyways.
Back to top Go down
Slissith

Slissith

( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

PostSubject: Re: Tharja (Fire Emblem) Discussion: The Dark Mage Bookworm   Tharja (Fire Emblem) Discussion: The Dark Mage Bookworm EmptyWed Dec 09, 2015 4:42 pm

Lego Shaq wrote:
Uh, there's no signs of ANYONE becoming playable.

Tharja (Fire Emblem) Discussion: The Dark Mage Bookworm Storkrox-3423055_500_375
Back to top Go down
Ace74300
Level 1 CPU
Ace74300

Sp.Relinquished

PostSubject: Re: Tharja (Fire Emblem) Discussion: The Dark Mage Bookworm   Tharja (Fire Emblem) Discussion: The Dark Mage Bookworm EmptyWed Dec 09, 2015 4:53 pm

Vegeta confirmed?
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Tharja (Fire Emblem) Discussion: The Dark Mage Bookworm   Tharja (Fire Emblem) Discussion: The Dark Mage Bookworm EmptyThu Dec 10, 2015 11:20 am

He was confirmed a long time ago.
Also, the Grandma from Cookie Clicker is also gonna be in Smash Bros Crusade. Data miners have found a sprite of her.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tharja (Fire Emblem) Discussion: The Dark Mage Bookworm   Tharja (Fire Emblem) Discussion: The Dark Mage Bookworm Empty

Back to top Go down

Tharja (Fire Emblem) Discussion: The Dark Mage Bookworm
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1