View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
procrastinatingDestiny
Level 6 CPU
procrastinatingDestiny

DestinyIntwined

Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion   Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 05, 2016 12:46 pm

Well someone agrees with me, he does more than that though, he kind of ruined my days of December thread with inapropriate things that I tried to tell him to censor, anyway great work on the sprites!
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion   Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 05, 2016 3:20 pm

DestinyIntwined wrote:
Well someone agrees with me, he does more than that though, he kind of ruined my days of December thread with inapropriate things that I tried to tell him to censor, anyway great work on the sprites!
While I agree his lyrics were pretty suckish, you act like he said he would destroy everyone you loved, not that Tingle dies

But anyways what is there to say about Giana people haven't said?
Back to top Go down
procrastinatingDestiny
Level 6 CPU
procrastinatingDestiny

DestinyIntwined

PostSubject: Re: Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion   Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 05, 2016 3:51 pm

I dunno, I'm just gonna lay this on to rest and see where it goes.
Back to top Go down
Mario123311
Level 4 CPU

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion   Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 05, 2016 4:42 pm

Giana is surprisingly criticically acclaimed despite her original concept. So if anything she's not that unheard of, and I feel she'd have a moveset much more different than the plumber.

It still makes me annoyed when people say "She'd be a Mario clone.".

Because her recent entries don't show any uniqueness, oh wait: They do though. Her main gimmick relies on her "Split Personalities" and such.

Also for derailing a topic and continuing to troll, I say he deserved to be called out.
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion   Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 05, 2016 4:51 pm

Who says he didn't deserve to be called out?

I'm pretty sure no one's saying she's a Mario clone. There's a lot of different reasons for not supporting her in this thread.
Back to top Go down
Mario123311
Level 4 CPU

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion   Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 05, 2016 5:46 pm

Then again, I am fine with people not liking something. But still, I reccomend you look into her series first before judging at least. Twisted Dreams has a nice lil demo on Steam for free too.
Back to top Go down
Kzinssie
Level 5 CPU
Kzinssie

Shadow
  slothfulunchmeat

PostSubject: Re: Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion   Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 22, 2016 11:28 pm

Support, just for the sake of Commodore characters.

That reminds me, I should make a Monty moveset...
Back to top Go down
Mario123311
Level 4 CPU

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion   Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 12, 2016 1:31 pm

May as well bump this. I'm still not seeing why people are simply dismissing her, though.

Figure since there really is no media or anything on this thread I'll post some of her games. Hopefully to spark some interest.
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion   Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 12, 2016 1:36 pm

Mario123311 wrote:
May as well bump this. I'm still not seeing why people are simply dismissing her, though.

Figure since there really is no media or anything on this thread I'll post some of her games. Hopefully to spark some interest.
Read like the past 3 pages to find out why
Back to top Go down
Mario123311
Level 4 CPU

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion   Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 12, 2016 2:35 pm

Simply dismissing the character off first appearance is baffling and a pretty dumb reason if you ask me, Because that's the only reason I am seeing these past 3 pages.
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion   Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 12, 2016 2:54 pm

Mario123311 wrote:
Simply dismissing the character off first appearance is baffling and a pretty dumb reason if you ask me, Because that's the only reason I am seeing these past 3 pages.
-No significance to gaming at all by now.
-Not a well known indie character. The only game I'd call popular is her most recent one which just basically went incognito.
-Is an indie character. I love indie games but for indie reps, why not just Shantae and Quote???

Nobody really knows her or would get excited for her except a select few. She's not really a good choice for an indie rep and isn't a gaming icon by any means.
Back to top Go down
Mario123311
Level 4 CPU

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion   Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 12, 2016 3:13 pm

Okay, That's more understandable so thank you. Not saying "I don't support her anymore" but to an extent she has a fairly loyal following and a pretty good track record with Nintendo. ((Having a physical DS game helps a bit.))

((Plus we are already getting Shantae, Just remember that.))
Back to top Go down
Kzinssie
Level 5 CPU
Kzinssie

Shadow
  slothfulunchmeat

PostSubject: Re: Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion   Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 12, 2016 3:21 pm

In addition to being an indie character, she also represents the C64/Amiga era and British gaming in general, which is a side of the gaming world I will always support getting rep.
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion   Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 12, 2016 4:32 pm

Mario123311 wrote:
Okay, That's more understandable so thank you. Not saying "I don't support her anymore" but to an extent she has a fairly loyal following and a pretty good track record with Nintendo. ((Having a physical DS game helps a bit.))

((Plus we are already getting Shantae, Just remember that.))
Of course I remembered we're getting Shantae, why do you think I said it lol.

Kzinssie wrote:
In addition to being an indie character, she also represents the C64/Amiga era and British gaming in general, which is a side of the gaming world I will always support getting rep.
Uh why does the Amiga era need rep? And I'm sure there's a far superior British gaming rep. Sackboy is a British character. Lara Croft is a British character.
Back to top Go down
Kzinssie
Level 5 CPU
Kzinssie

Shadow
  slothfulunchmeat

PostSubject: Re: Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion   Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 12, 2016 5:21 pm

The Amiga era needs rep because, as I said, it's woefully forgotten

This is a really dumb argument so I'm just gonna say I support Giana wholeheartedly and leave it at that
Back to top Go down
Mario123311
Level 4 CPU

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion   Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 09, 2016 6:31 pm

It's been a while so I guess... Have something?

Again, I'd be willing to do all the sprites myself if to save the devs trouble. Depends on what you think so far though, considering these were also intended to be given to Super Mario Flashback's custom skin feature.
Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion - Page 3 DlmZtaD

Let alone I haven't even gotten started on Punk Giana.
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion   Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 09, 2016 9:59 pm

it's tiny
Back to top Go down
Dustination

Mach Rider
  Dustination

PostSubject: Re: Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion   Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 09, 2016 11:29 pm

No
Back to top Go down
https://projectcrusade.forumotion.com/
Mario123311
Level 4 CPU

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion   Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 10, 2016 8:16 am

Dustination wrote:
No
...Sorry, Just confused on why you simply said this if anything...?

((If there is a place I can submit my spritework to apply for the team I'd like to know how.))
Back to top Go down
procrastinatingDestiny
Level 6 CPU
procrastinatingDestiny

DestinyIntwined

PostSubject: Re: Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion   Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 10, 2016 8:32 am

Mario123311 wrote:
Dustination wrote:
No
...Sorry, Just confused on why you simply said this if anything...?

((If there is a place I can submit my spritework to apply for the team I'd like to know how.))

I do believe there's an application form... somewhere
Back to top Go down
OrangeLyghtning
Level 1 CPU

yeoldedragon

PostSubject: Re: Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion   Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 12, 2016 1:08 pm

I know this isn't that related, but Rare is a British company, so there are plenty of characters from there alone that are choosable.
Back to top Go down
Mario123311
Level 4 CPU

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion   Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 12, 2016 2:05 pm

I feel it's worth mentioning Giana's developers/publishers are actually moreso based in the EU region in Germany. ((Rainbow Arts, Spellbound and Black Forest Games in particular.))
Back to top Go down
Xalciss
Level 4 CPU
Xalciss

Ness

PostSubject: Re: Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion   Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 12, 2016 3:38 pm

Sorry but that gameplay above looks very unappealing and the 3DS game looks like something you would find on a 2006 casual PC game.

I never even heard of Giana until this thread, so even if this character was up for consideration I say she should be the absolute last one added because there are many MANY more characters that deserve a spot over Giana.

I would even support Jin Kazuya or Heihachi before this tbh, seeing as we already have a well known Namco rep.
Back to top Go down
Mario123311
Level 4 CPU

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion   Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 12, 2016 5:18 pm

And you point was to just come in and start bashing away because...? I'm fine if you don't care or don't like her but you know what bugs me? It feels like people go on to simply look at her first game and dismiss her as "lolripoff" and that she would be a bad character to play as. The games are just about as much of a "clone" as Freedom Planet - Just because they are similar or like the Mario games, Even with the very first game, being blatant as all hell, doesn't just justify for calling it "bad". In fact, The original is quite praised - You'd be surprised.

...Also we already have 2 well known Namco Reps, Klonoa and Pac-Man. :V ((I'd be down for somebody like Mr. Driller though if you ask me.))
Back to top Go down
wheeled_tank
Level 6 CPU
wheeled_tank

Phoenix Wright
  wheeled_tank

PostSubject: Re: Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion   Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 12, 2016 5:33 pm

Mario123311 wrote:
The games are just about as much of a "clone" as Freedom Planet - Just because they are similar or like the Mario games...
As the creator of the Lilac Suggestion Thread...

As for me and Giana, I'm in a bit of a rough spot. I only know the "surface" of the game (so it seems like a clone), but the same can be said about Freedom Planet. The moveset seems decent, but I don't really know enough to properly support.

If I may ask, how many games does Giana have? It would help if she has appeared in multiple games.
Back to top Go down
Mario123311
Level 4 CPU

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion   Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 12, 2016 5:40 pm

She's had currently 3 games (not counting a spinoff "multiplayer" and DLC's for the third game, which also got an updated Re-Release sometime ago back in 2014 I believe.)

The Great Giana Sisters
Giana Sisters DS
Giana Sisters - Twisted Dreams

Moreso, Giana Sisters DS and ESPECIALLY Twisted Dreams aimed to distance her a bit more from her Mario escue roots. Twisted Dreams is actually on Steam as well as the Wii U eShop and has ganered quite the bit of praise. I think why I hold my respects to her is she was pretty much before Sonic, Back when Nintendo pretty much had no competition and they refused to make Computer Games, But I think what's more important his her age and legacy, Debuting in 1987 I could be wrong but I think that makes he one of the (if not THE) oldest Indie Game characters out there, and the original game pretty much to me is a great example of why even things, being blatantly similar doesn't make them automatically bad.

I think she along with Lilac (of course, being a supporter of her as well) would be excellent fits at least to me.
Back to top Go down
procrastinatingDestiny
Level 6 CPU
procrastinatingDestiny

DestinyIntwined

PostSubject: Re: Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion   Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 12, 2016 10:45 pm

Question, how good are you at fully animating a sprited move set for her?
Back to top Go down
Mario123311
Level 4 CPU

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion   Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 11, 2016 4:41 pm

Sorry this is late but it mostly takes motivation and whatnot especially for me to make the sprites but I remember having a few sprites just not stylized like the ones above for her moves I made a long time ago.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion   Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Giana (Giana Sisters) Discussion
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3