Emerald Coast (Sonic Adventure) discussion

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mellon
Level 5 CPU
Mellon

mellon1111

Emerald Coast (Sonic Adventure) discussion Empty
PostSubject: Emerald Coast (Sonic Adventure) discussion   Emerald Coast (Sonic Adventure) discussion EmptyWed Oct 07, 2015 2:44 am

I've noticed that most of the 3rd party stages in Smash are either from the character's most recent adventure (Windy Hill) or from old classics (Every other stage). The same goes for Crusade, where all of the Sonic stages are from the genesis era. Thus I suggest we add the first level of Sonic Adventure, Sonic's most iconic 3D game, into crusade.

Emerald Coast (Sonic Adventure) discussion 28rcm1c
Image of a section in Emerald Coast, which will be the main inspiration for this stage.

So, this stage would be split into two sections of the boardwalk. One upper half with a long, non-solid platform, with slants on the end. With hazards turned on, these slants are walk-offs. On the bottom half are two platforms below the slants, with a spring on the edge of each boardwalk. The springs would launch the users up to the upper platform and will be removed in the no hazards version. The two bottom platforms have walk offs, but once again they will be removed when hazards are turned off.

In the background, you would be able to see a stone loop de loop and Big the cat fishing, along with some enemies and an Orca. Let me know what you think of this idea!
Back to top Go down
Mikael_Fernandes
Level 3 CPU
Mikael_Fernandes

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Emerald Coast (Sonic Adventure) discussion   Emerald Coast (Sonic Adventure) discussion EmptyWed Oct 07, 2015 9:42 am

i would prefer city escape,but this is cool! if there is a support count for stages,i support it!
Back to top Go down
Roy
Level 7 CPU
Roy

RoyMaster4

PostSubject: Re: Emerald Coast (Sonic Adventure) discussion   Emerald Coast (Sonic Adventure) discussion EmptyWed Oct 07, 2015 10:47 am

I always felt like Adventure 2 was the more iconic 3D game. Or maybe Unleashed nowadays (for the day level inspiration in Colors / Generations).

If we had a level from Adventure 1, I'm not sure I would even go with Emerald Coast. Sure, it's the most iconic from the game... but there's so many other good options too. Windy Valley is almost as iconic, Twinkle Park could be an amazing stage, Sky Deck / Hot Shelter serve as the more mechanical side of things... (Speed Highway is an option, but I feel like Radical Highway is similar and more iconic). Actually, we could just do one of the hub areas...

I agree we need at least one stage from the Adventure games. But should it be Emerald Coast? I'm not sold on that.
Back to top Go down
Mikael_Fernandes
Level 3 CPU
Mikael_Fernandes

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Emerald Coast (Sonic Adventure) discussion   Emerald Coast (Sonic Adventure) discussion EmptyWed Oct 07, 2015 11:01 am

radical highway is more iconic???? who got into sonic gerenations,buddy?
Back to top Go down
Mellon
Level 5 CPU
Mellon

mellon1111

PostSubject: Re: Emerald Coast (Sonic Adventure) discussion   Emerald Coast (Sonic Adventure) discussion EmptyWed Oct 07, 2015 12:20 pm

Mikael_Fernandes wrote:
i would prefer city escape,but this is cool! if there is a support count for stages,i support it!
Thanks for the support! I actually thought of suggesting City Escape, but since it's based on "Escaping from the city" I feel like making it into a stationary stage would be hard. If anything, it would most likely be a scrolling stage.

Roy wrote:
I always felt like Adventure 2 was the more iconic 3D game. Or maybe Unleashed nowadays (for the day level inspiration in Colors / Generations).

If we had a level from Adventure 1, I'm not sure I would even go with Emerald Coast. Sure, it's the most iconic from the game... but there's so many other good options too. Windy Valley is almost as iconic, Twinkle Park could be an amazing stage, Sky Deck / Hot Shelter serve as the more mechanical side of things... (Speed Highway is an option, but I feel like Radical Highway is similar and more iconic). Actually, we could just do one of the hub areas...

I agree we need at least one stage from the Adventure games. But should it be Emerald Coast? I'm not sold on that.
Windy Valley is a very good option, but I feel like having a calming beach level would just represent Sonic a tad more. I still support Windy Valley a lot though!

Twinkle Park is based on different attractions and it just wouldn't feel right if it wasn't a transforming stage like Castle Siege, which would feel kind of weird for a Sonic level. Speed Highway would be a nice choice too but I don't feel like we should have another city level in the game. Again, this is just what I think. I also don't think the other two stages are iconic enough to become Smash stages.

For me it comes down to Emerald Coast, Windy Valley and maybe Speed Highway. Out of the three, Emerald Coast just felt like the best choice. (Side note: Did you know that Emerald Coast was iconic enough to be added in Sonic Generations 3DS?) The hub areas are an option, but since Sonic games are based around speed and not so much exploration...no thanks.
Back to top Go down
Roy
Level 7 CPU
Roy

RoyMaster4

PostSubject: Re: Emerald Coast (Sonic Adventure) discussion   Emerald Coast (Sonic Adventure) discussion EmptyWed Oct 07, 2015 1:00 pm

Mikael_Fernandes wrote:
Simple explanation. You can only have 1 level from each game. City Escape covers Adventure 2, so you can't have Radical Highway. They also wanted a level variety, which explains why Emerald Coast wasn't in (Since Seaside Hill is very similar).
Besides, Radical Highway got into Generations 3DS, so... yeah.

Hm... I suppose Emerald Coast is probably the best option for Adventure 1 thinking about it more. However, I'd rather first have an Adventure 2 stage, and just how many Sonic stages are we expecting?
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: Emerald Coast (Sonic Adventure) discussion   Emerald Coast (Sonic Adventure) discussion EmptyWed Oct 07, 2015 3:22 pm

I don't really see a reason to support...it just looks like a generic beach.

Needs more killer whale
Back to top Go down
Mellon
Level 5 CPU
Mellon

mellon1111

PostSubject: Re: Emerald Coast (Sonic Adventure) discussion   Emerald Coast (Sonic Adventure) discussion EmptyThu Oct 08, 2015 1:17 am

OmegaSteve777 wrote:
I don't really see a reason to support...it just looks like a generic beach.

Needs more killer whale
One of the ideas I had for this stage was that it would take place on the wavy boardwalk, and that the Killer Whale would sometimes pop up and break it. I changed my mind when I found out that we're severely lacking in Compedatively viable singles stages.
Back to top Go down
Mellon
Level 5 CPU
Mellon

mellon1111

PostSubject: Re: Emerald Coast (Sonic Adventure) discussion   Emerald Coast (Sonic Adventure) discussion EmptyThu Oct 08, 2015 1:19 am

Roy wrote:
Mikael_Fernandes wrote:
Simple explanation. You can only have 1 level from each game. City Escape covers Adventure 2, so you can't have Radical Highway. They also wanted a level variety, which explains why Emerald Coast wasn't in (Since Seaside Hill is very similar).
Besides, Radical Highway got into Generations 3DS, so... yeah.

Hm... I suppose Emerald Coast is probably the best option for Adventure 1 thinking about it more. However, I'd rather first have an Adventure 2 stage, and just how many Sonic stages are we expecting?
Honestly I'd love a Sonic Adventure 2 stage as well, but the only really iconic stage from that game wouldn't work unless it was a scrolling stage, which we all hate. (Talking about City Escape fyi)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Emerald Coast (Sonic Adventure) discussion   Emerald Coast (Sonic Adventure) discussion Empty

Back to top Go down

Emerald Coast (Sonic Adventure) discussion
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1