Dante (Devil May Cry) BklTYr4

Project Crusade Community

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Dante (Devil May Cry)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

Dante (Devil May Cry) Empty
PostSubject: Dante (Devil May Cry)   Dante (Devil May Cry) EmptyMon Aug 03, 2015 9:44 pm

Dante (Devil May Cry) Latest?cb=20100723225132

Character Bio
Born from the union of an angel and a devil, Dante harnesses super-human powers granted by his supernatural heritage to battle supernatural forces which threaten mankind. As stylish as he is dangerous, Dante uses a plethora of weapons including his twin handguns, “Ebony and Ivory,” as well as his sword, “Rebellion,” to dispatch his foes

Neutral Attack: Hacker - Dante lets loose on the opponent with three slashes. If all three connect, sends the opponent flying

Up Tilt: High Time - Dante hits the foe with a weak upward slash, sending them into the air.

Side Tilt: Stinger - Dante steps forward and stabs with Rebellion.

Down Tilt: Kablooey - Dante fires off a timed explosive at his feet which will detonate when either he, or another player touches it. Similar to Snake's Down Smash.

Dash Attack: Kicker - Dante uses his forward momentum to slide into an enemy with his foot sticking out, kicking them for minor damage.

Neutral Aerial Rave - Dante does three quick slashes in midair. Like his grounded neutral attack, if all three connect, sends the foe flying.

Upward Aerial: Roulette Spin - Dante slashes upwards with his sword, lifting him and his victim into the air

Forward Aerial: Streak - Dante lunges forward with Osiris and does a weak, multi-hitting horizontal slash.

Downward Aerial: Helm Breaker - Dante slams an opponent overhead with Rebellion, dragging them down with a meteor smash effect. If Dante has not double jumped prior to using this, he can jump cancel out of it after striking an enemy.

Up Smash: Prop - Dante spins his scythe, Osiris, catching any opponent he touches in a small juggle. If the Smash is fully charged, the attack will automatically switch to the longer "Shredder"

Side Smash: Tremor - Dante smashes his axe, Arbiter, into the ground, causing a shockwave that will trip any opponents to be hit by it. The axe itself deals massive damage, but has a long recovery time, leaving Dante open to counterattacks if he misses.

Down Smash: Stomp - Dante uses his demonic gauntlets, Eryx, to punch the ground and deliver a small shockwave that hits on both sides of him.

Neutral Special: Drive - Dante focuses energy into Rebellion, and then lets loose 1 slash (uncharged), or 3 (fully charged), with accompanying shockwaves.S

Side Special: For Tony Redgrave - Similar to Samus' Side B, this move has two variations. Use it while moving, and Dante fires off some rapid shots from Ebony and Ivory. Deals chip damage like in PSASBR. Use it while stationery, and Dante pulls out his shotgun, blowing the opponent away. Stronger, but slower to recover from.

Up Special: Angel Lift: Dante latches onto either the edge of a stage, OR an enemy, and pulls himself up to it/them.

Down Special: Tornado - Dante uses his angelic weapon, Aquila, to rapidly spin and slash enemies that get too close. Move can be extended by mashing B.

Pummel: Dante hits rapidly with his Rebellion

Forward and Backward Throw: Hammer Punch - Dante jumps off the opponent after grabbing them, and punches them, knocking them to the ground.

Upward Throw: Payoff - Dante punches the opponent, launching them upwards.

Downward Throw: Kicker -Dante does a roundhouse kick forwards, sending the enemy away.

Final Smash
Devil Trigger: Dante dons his signature red coat/white hair mix, and slows time in a small area of the stage (like Luigi's FS). Any attacks done in the air during this state will be made significantly stronger, while grounded attacks become slightly weaker. Dante also heals about 15% of life during the attack.

Last edited by Playtimebro on Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Shiruza
Level 5 CPU
Shiruza

PostSubject: Re: Dante (Devil May Cry)   Dante (Devil May Cry) EmptyMon Aug 03, 2015 10:01 pm

So outside of the obligatory meme, why Dante? Come to think of it, was he ever even on a Nintendo system before?

Aside from that I like the moveset, mostly because of the variety that Dante and his arsenal can bring to the fray. A few recommendations though;

1) Have his F-Throw be his throw from MvC3, both for cool points and for some variety. His B-Throw can still be Hammer Punch. Reversing them works too, just incorporate the MvC3 throw one way or another as opposed to doing the same attack twice.

2) You mention that, during Devil Trigger, Dante "dons his signature red coat/white hair mix", almost as if this was originally intended for Donte. Though I'm sure that was just... a bit of confusion. Right? I do like the concept of it, though, mostly because it's more than just a speed/power buff and actually incorporates a slowdown mechanic to both give the feel of being faster than your opponent without relinquishing control and player reaction times.

3) Will he spout one-liners? Make him spout one-liners. Please make him spout one-liners.

4) As for attack cohesion, how do his attacks compliment each other? Are some meant to obviously chain into others, or do they simply exist to function by themselves? While I usually wouldn't bother with such a complicated thing for other characters, this is Dante we're talking about; He's from the Devil May Cry series, and every knows that the Devil May Cry series features insanely over-the-top combos.

Overall I can't support just yet because while his abilities certainly bring variety, the actual choice of Dante confuses me due to be the large amount of Capcom in SSBC already and also because I can't actually think of a single game that was both on a Nintendo platform and also featured Dante.
Back to top Go down
HypeConduit
Level 6 CPU
HypeConduit

Klonoa
  XMister_RatburnX

PostSubject: Re: Dante (Devil May Cry)   Dante (Devil May Cry) EmptyMon Aug 03, 2015 10:11 pm

Me and my friend have wanted this rad cool dude in Crusade for a while. I was kinda wondering which incarnation he'd...

wait... Arbiter?... Osi.... Oh god no PLEASE NOOOOOO!

I mean, you had the DMC4 Dante picture and I was ready for something new and interesting but please oh PLEASE don't tell me you'd actually want DMC: DmC Dante for Crusade. His design and execution in PSASBR was a total joke, with the game not even being out or complete, when they could have waited a bit longer so they could incorporate the gauntlets, glaives, and whips into his moveset. But no. Thristy, thristy advertisement for a game that already poisoned the well before it even hit shelves.

However, it's a fair game, and you actually took it upon yourself to incorporate the missing Devil Arms into his moveset. Well played.

I would prefer DMC3 Dante, but I'd really like to see something really new and see DMC4 Dante, one that hasn't been covered by UMvC3 yet and that has fair potential.

I'll withhold support for now, but you could convince me with the Dante I want. Sorry.
Back to top Go down
VultureDuck
Level 6 CPU
VultureDuck

PostSubject: Re: Dante (Devil May Cry)   Dante (Devil May Cry) EmptyMon Aug 03, 2015 11:39 pm

(I want no part of this anymore)

Last edited by VultureDuck on Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dustination

Mach Rider
  Dustination

PostSubject: Re: Dante (Devil May Cry)   Dante (Devil May Cry) EmptyTue Aug 04, 2015 12:45 am

@Shiruza, Hype

It's pretty obvious that Playtimebro copy/pasted this moveset off the Internet somewhere, he probably didn't even notice the moveset was based off of Donte, hence the Dante image.
Back to top Go down
https://projectcrusade.forumotion.com/
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Dante (Devil May Cry)   Dante (Devil May Cry) EmptyTue Aug 04, 2015 3:24 am

Ergo, he made a topic about a character from a game series he never ever played in his life.
...seems legit.
Back to top Go down
Sigman
Level 1 CPU
Sigman

[i]N/A[/i]

PostSubject: Re: Dante (Devil May Cry)   Dante (Devil May Cry) EmptyTue Aug 04, 2015 4:37 am

Shiruza wrote:
So outside of the obligatory meme, why Dante? Come to think of it, was he ever even on a Nintendo system before?
Overall I can't support just yet because while his abilities certainly bring variety, the actual choice of Dante confuses me due to be the large amount of Capcom in SSBC already and also because I can't actually think of a single game that was both on a Nintendo platform and also featured Dante.
Dante (Devil May Cry) ProjectXZone
Back to top Go down
SP

cellularSP

PostSubject: Re: Dante (Devil May Cry)   Dante (Devil May Cry) EmptyTue Aug 04, 2015 6:25 am

Super Smash Bros. Crusade

& Knuckles

FEATURING DANTE FROM THE DEVIL MAY CRY SERIES
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Dante (Devil May Cry)   Dante (Devil May Cry) EmptyTue Aug 04, 2015 7:17 am

For Wii U & 3DS
Back to top Go down
Roy
Level 7 CPU
Roy

RoyMaster4

PostSubject: Re: Dante (Devil May Cry)   Dante (Devil May Cry) EmptyTue Aug 04, 2015 8:18 am

I've only played 10 minutes of DMC1 and as him in PSASBR (which is the wrong version). All I know is that he has a sword and guns... but so does Saki. What makes Dante unique?
Back to top Go down
Dustination

Mach Rider
  Dustination

PostSubject: Re: Dante (Devil May Cry)   Dante (Devil May Cry) EmptyTue Aug 04, 2015 9:43 am

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/66892404
Back to top Go down
HypeConduit
Level 6 CPU
HypeConduit

Klonoa
  XMister_RatburnX

PostSubject: Re: Dante (Devil May Cry)   Dante (Devil May Cry) EmptyTue Aug 04, 2015 10:08 am

Dustination wrote:

FUCK ME IN THE ASS.
Back to top Go down
Slissith

Slissith

( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

PostSubject: Re: Dante (Devil May Cry)   Dante (Devil May Cry) EmptyTue Aug 04, 2015 10:16 am

HypeConduit wrote:
Dustination wrote:

FUCK ME IN THE ASS.

Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Dante (Devil May Cry)   Dante (Devil May Cry) EmptyTue Aug 04, 2015 10:37 am

Okay, this pretty much confirms it:
Playtimebro is suggested Dante from the Devil May Cry series (heh) without having even played any of the Devil May Cry games.
I mean, come on, how can a DMC player not be aware that the moveset belongs to DmC Donte and not the Dante that is shown in the picture?!
Back to top Go down
Slissith

Slissith

( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

PostSubject: Re: Dante (Devil May Cry)   Dante (Devil May Cry) EmptyTue Aug 04, 2015 11:19 am

Is Donte to Dante what Sanic is to Sonic, basically?
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Dante (Devil May Cry)   Dante (Devil May Cry) EmptyTue Aug 04, 2015 12:56 pm

Kinda, except Donte is an official creation while Sanic isn't.
Back to top Go down
Slissith

Slissith

( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

PostSubject: Re: Dante (Devil May Cry)   Dante (Devil May Cry) EmptyTue Aug 04, 2015 1:04 pm

Poor Dante...
Back to top Go down
HypeConduit
Level 6 CPU
HypeConduit

Klonoa
  XMister_RatburnX

PostSubject: Re: Dante (Devil May Cry)   Dante (Devil May Cry) EmptyTue Aug 04, 2015 1:45 pm

Donte is a simple term people use to describe Dante from DMC: DmC

Pic of Donte:

Also, request wall of shame for blatant content stealing?
Back to top Go down
Naughty Ottsel
Level 5 CPU
Naughty Ottsel

Captain Falcon
  Vanillogic

PostSubject: Re: Dante (Devil May Cry)   Dante (Devil May Cry) EmptyTue Aug 04, 2015 8:21 pm

Roy wrote:
I've only played 10 minutes of DMC1 and as him in PSASBR (which is the wrong version). All I know is that he has a sword and guns... but so does Saki. What makes Dante unique?

Dante's main gig should be his combo potential, since DMC (and DMC: DmC) is known for it's crazy awesome combos. But aside from that, he's also got a variety of demonic powers and a bunch of 'Devil Arms', aka other demonic weapons. There is a lot of stuff to draw from for a really good moveset. It's just not here.

Now, as some people here may be well aware of, I actually like DmC. Not as much as I like Devil May Cry, but I don't think it's anywhere near as awful as a lot of people say. In fact, I think the main thing that puts people off of it is its reworking of the lore and Donte's character. It still has that badass hack n' slash gameplay and insane combo-working we love DMC for.

Anyways, what I'm saying is representing some of Donte's moves (some; I still like DMC way more) shouldn't be out of the question. Does that mean I think Ifrit should ever be replaced by Eryx? No. Never. But it could work. Dante is both iconic and beloved enough to warrant consideration for a place on the roster.

As for his moveset, if anyone wants to make a proper Dante suggestion, I strongly recommend looking up a ps2 Dante playthrough of Viewtiful Joe. Fast-paced sidescrolling 2.5D beat-em-up made by the devs of Okami. Ps2 version has Dante as a playable character, and I'll be damned if they didn't nail perfectly what he should play like on a 2D plane.

Dante deserves support, but he also deserves a decent suggestion.
Back to top Go down
Dustination

Mach Rider
  Dustination

PostSubject: Re: Dante (Devil May Cry)   Dante (Devil May Cry) EmptyTue Aug 04, 2015 8:38 pm

Rest in peace Playtimebro.
He did it himself by the way.
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Dante (Devil May Cry)   Dante (Devil May Cry) EmptyTue Aug 04, 2015 9:45 pm

Playtimebro's reign ends
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Dante (Devil May Cry)   Dante (Devil May Cry) EmptyTue Aug 04, 2015 10:49 pm

Welp, it ended pretty predictable for something that is pretty much a Crusade Character Suggestion Thread version of "cumming prematurely".
Sooooooo...to the Wall of Shame with it?
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: Dante (Devil May Cry)   Dante (Devil May Cry) EmptyTue Aug 04, 2015 10:58 pm

yes pls

wall of shame
Back to top Go down
Chris
Level 4 CPU
Chris

Wario
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Dante (Devil May Cry)   Dante (Devil May Cry) EmptyFri Feb 04, 2022 8:16 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dante (Devil May Cry)   Dante (Devil May Cry) Empty

Back to top Go down

Dante (Devil May Cry)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1