Shovel Knight (Shovel Knight) Discussion: Steel Thy Shovel! - Page 3 BklTYr4

Project Crusade Community

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Shovel Knight (Shovel Knight) Discussion: Steel Thy Shovel!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Sean_McMuffin
Level 4 CPU
Sean_McMuffin

Mach Rider
  EnderSean311

Shovel Knight (Shovel Knight) Discussion: Steel Thy Shovel! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shovel Knight (Shovel Knight) Discussion: Steel Thy Shovel!   Shovel Knight (Shovel Knight) Discussion: Steel Thy Shovel! - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 17, 2016 5:42 pm

Support! Should've seen this thread earlier!
Back to top Go down
Bedoop!
Level 4 CPU
Bedoop!

Rayman

PostSubject: Re: Shovel Knight (Shovel Knight) Discussion: Steel Thy Shovel!   Shovel Knight (Shovel Knight) Discussion: Steel Thy Shovel! - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 17, 2016 5:52 pm

Naughty Ottsel wrote:
Okay, that's not a bad idea. For those who know, how do the Rising Dagger and Tow Anchor exactly work? Does the Rising Dagger have the same re-usability as the Propeller Dagger? And how does the Tow Anchor function?
Comin' in to lend a hand
Tow Anchor is a literal grappling hook (Throw it in an upward arc, and if it hits something you go there)
Rising Dagger is 1:1 with Propeller Dagger in every aspect (Power, Usability, ETC), but it goes upward instead of forward
(Lots more stuff about Custom Butt can be found http://yachtclubgames.com/sk-amiibo-manual/ here ;D)
Back to top Go down
MarioStrikerMurphy1994
Level 5 CPU
MarioStrikerMurphy1994

PostSubject: Re: Shovel Knight (Shovel Knight) Discussion: Steel Thy Shovel!   Shovel Knight (Shovel Knight) Discussion: Steel Thy Shovel! - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 17, 2016 6:05 pm

Interesting.

He could be a good playable character in Crusade.

He's one of the most curious videogame characters I met ever due to his premise in the game (he uses a shovel as main weapon).

I still think that the rumours of his possible addition to SSB4 were based in a misconception about his Amiibo; however, I don't see a reason why he can't be playable in Crusade XD. So, support XD!

However, about Final Smash, here's my idea:
Justice In Spades: Shovel Knight raises his shovel-blade skyward, and Shield Knight drops in from above, facing the opposite direction to the opponent as Shovel Knight. Shield Knight smacks the opponent with her shield towards Shovel Knight, who responds by smacking them back to her with his shovel-blade in a back-and-forth, tennis-like fashion. This continues for the length of the attack, gradually getting faster and more dramatic (with lighting and effects and such) until Shovel Knight thrusts upward with his blade, catching the opponent and shooting them up, and hopefully, offscreen.

And, about his Special Abilities, which names you could give to them?
Back to top Go down
Naughty Ottsel
Level 5 CPU
Naughty Ottsel

Captain Falcon
  Vanillogic

PostSubject: Re: Shovel Knight (Shovel Knight) Discussion: Steel Thy Shovel!   Shovel Knight (Shovel Knight) Discussion: Steel Thy Shovel! - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 18, 2016 3:12 pm

Alright, added Rising Dagger as Up Special, made Pogo-Bounce the Down Air, incorporated Tow Anchor into Up Smash, and updated support list. Thanks to everyone!

Aside from the amiibo, Yacht Club and Nintendo both released teaser messages that many construed, understandably, as hinting at Shovel Knight's inclusion.

The specials? I guess they'd just be Trench Blade, Chaos Sphere, Mobile Gear, and Rising Dagger. Never really thought it important to name them.
Back to top Go down
Kzinssie
Level 5 CPU
Kzinssie

Shadow
  slothfulunchmeat

PostSubject: Re: Shovel Knight (Shovel Knight) Discussion: Steel Thy Shovel!   Shovel Knight (Shovel Knight) Discussion: Steel Thy Shovel! - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 23, 2016 8:04 pm

Support.
Back to top Go down
Naughty Ottsel
Level 5 CPU
Naughty Ottsel

Captain Falcon
  Vanillogic

PostSubject: Re: Shovel Knight (Shovel Knight) Discussion: Steel Thy Shovel!   Shovel Knight (Shovel Knight) Discussion: Steel Thy Shovel! - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 23, 2016 8:58 pm

Thanks! Added!
Back to top Go down
AmareTSM

AmareTSM

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Shovel Knight (Shovel Knight) Discussion: Steel Thy Shovel!   Shovel Knight (Shovel Knight) Discussion: Steel Thy Shovel! - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 24, 2016 11:39 am

Support
Back to top Go down
Naughty Ottsel
Level 5 CPU
Naughty Ottsel

Captain Falcon
  Vanillogic

PostSubject: Re: Shovel Knight (Shovel Knight) Discussion: Steel Thy Shovel!   Shovel Knight (Shovel Knight) Discussion: Steel Thy Shovel! - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 24, 2016 2:43 pm

And, added!
Back to top Go down
Lockhead
Level 1 CPU
Lockhead

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Shovel Knight (Shovel Knight) Discussion: Steel Thy Shovel!   Shovel Knight (Shovel Knight) Discussion: Steel Thy Shovel! - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 25, 2016 5:00 pm

Support, After all people really want him in smash.
Back to top Go down
Naughty Ottsel
Level 5 CPU
Naughty Ottsel

Captain Falcon
  Vanillogic

PostSubject: Re: Shovel Knight (Shovel Knight) Discussion: Steel Thy Shovel!   Shovel Knight (Shovel Knight) Discussion: Steel Thy Shovel! - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 25, 2016 6:27 pm

Thanks! Yes, yes we do!
Back to top Go down
wheeled_tank
Level 6 CPU
wheeled_tank

Phoenix Wright
  wheeled_tank

PostSubject: Re: Shovel Knight (Shovel Knight) Discussion: Steel Thy Shovel!   Shovel Knight (Shovel Knight) Discussion: Steel Thy Shovel! - Page 3 EmptyThu May 05, 2016 7:45 pm

If I want the character I suggested in (Lilac), than Shovel Knight has to be in first. SUPPORT
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Shovel Knight (Shovel Knight) Discussion: Steel Thy Shovel!   Shovel Knight (Shovel Knight) Discussion: Steel Thy Shovel! - Page 3 EmptyThu May 05, 2016 11:07 pm

Why does everyone think that Shovel Knight needs to be in first?

Sure, his game is awesome, but he really didn't do jackshit to the history of gaming, so in my eyes, Shovel Knight can be in, but doesn't have to be in in order to include other indie characters.

No, that honor still goes to Quote from Cave Story, because without Cave Story, indie games as we know them would have never existed.

So yeah, first Quote needs to be in, then we can include any indie character we want.
That includes both Sash Lilac and of course this shoveling knight, who I am ready to support as soon as Quote gets in.
Back to top Go down
wheeled_tank
Level 6 CPU
wheeled_tank

Phoenix Wright
  wheeled_tank

PostSubject: Re: Shovel Knight (Shovel Knight) Discussion: Steel Thy Shovel!   Shovel Knight (Shovel Knight) Discussion: Steel Thy Shovel! - Page 3 EmptyFri May 06, 2016 4:12 am

Well Trinitro, you just bumped the number of Indie Characters that (I think) should be in the game by 4 (this is including Shantae). The thing is, though, is that neither Shovel Knight, Lilac, nor Quote are going to be the first Indie character in the game because Shantae has already been confirmed.

People want Shovel Knight in first though because he is just so iconic and known (I had to look up what Cave Story is), though after reading about it, I do say that Quote, at the very least, deserves a spot.

(I see why I haven't heard of Cave Story; it was initially a Japanese game. I'll give it a try)

Edit: If you don't mind, these are the release date (on Nintendo) of what I would consider the "Big 4" indie characters (Latest period in which it would be released in NA, EU, and Japan)
Shantae: June 2, 2002 (NA)
Quote (Cave Story): March 22, 2010 (EU) (First released in 2004)
Sash Lilac (Freedom Planet): October 29, 2015 (EU) (First released July 2014)
Shovel Knight: June 30, 2016 (Japan) (First released June 2014)

Edit 2: I personally want Lilac in before Shovel Knight, but I know how it will happen if both make it in at different times

Last edited by wheeled_tank on Fri May 06, 2016 4:50 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Kzinssie
Level 5 CPU
Kzinssie

Shadow
  slothfulunchmeat

PostSubject: Re: Shovel Knight (Shovel Knight) Discussion: Steel Thy Shovel!   Shovel Knight (Shovel Knight) Discussion: Steel Thy Shovel! - Page 3 EmptyFri May 06, 2016 4:41 am

"Without Cave Story, indies as we know them would not have existed" is a hella reductive statement.

Cave Story is excellent, however
Back to top Go down
procrastinatingDestiny
Level 6 CPU
procrastinatingDestiny

DestinyIntwined

PostSubject: Re: Shovel Knight (Shovel Knight) Discussion: Steel Thy Shovel!   Shovel Knight (Shovel Knight) Discussion: Steel Thy Shovel! - Page 3 EmptyFri May 06, 2016 9:32 am

I want to play the full Cave Story...
Back to top Go down
Naughty Ottsel
Level 5 CPU
Naughty Ottsel

Captain Falcon
  Vanillogic

PostSubject: Re: Shovel Knight (Shovel Knight) Discussion: Steel Thy Shovel!   Shovel Knight (Shovel Knight) Discussion: Steel Thy Shovel! - Page 3 EmptyFri May 06, 2016 4:40 pm

Thanks for the support, wheeled_tank!

Now, Trinitro, here's the thing. Cave Story has irrefutable significance in the history of indie gaming, and is a superb game. No one's denying that. But it's purely a subjective viewpoint as to whether historical significance outweighs current relevance. Both games are immensely popular and critically acclaimed, but the people have been speaking for a while now. 17 supports to 4. In the end, though, it ultimately comes down to the devs decision, regardless of supports. They could just as easily say we're all mad and Quote deserves a spot far more than Shovel Knight as they could say Shovel Knight's support and modern significance earns him a spot. As Shaq has said multiple times, support doesn't guarantee characters spots on the roster, so let's stop looking at suggestions with our "But X deserves to be in first" goggles.

Also Nicalis said they don't want Quote in fangames, or something to that effect, so it may not matter whether or not we should put him.
Back to top Go down
Ajtkg
Level 2 CPU
Ajtkg

Mega Man

PostSubject: Re: Shovel Knight (Shovel Knight) Discussion: Steel Thy Shovel!   Shovel Knight (Shovel Knight) Discussion: Steel Thy Shovel! - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 08, 2017 3:27 pm

Support
Back to top Go down
Triforceriku
Level 3 CPU
Triforceriku

TriforcerikuX

PostSubject: Re: Shovel Knight (Shovel Knight) Discussion: Steel Thy Shovel!   Shovel Knight (Shovel Knight) Discussion: Steel Thy Shovel! - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 08, 2017 8:23 pm

Okay, so FIRST of all, how have i not supported this yet? SUPPORT
Back to top Go down
Naughty Ottsel
Level 5 CPU
Naughty Ottsel

Captain Falcon
  Vanillogic

PostSubject: Re: Shovel Knight (Shovel Knight) Discussion: Steel Thy Shovel!   Shovel Knight (Shovel Knight) Discussion: Steel Thy Shovel! - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 09, 2017 9:07 pm

Thanks, Ajtkg and Triforceriku! Appreciated and added to the Support List.
Back to top Go down
crazybark
Level 4 CPU
crazybark

Klonoa
  crazybark

PostSubject: Re: Shovel Knight (Shovel Knight) Discussion: Steel Thy Shovel!   Shovel Knight (Shovel Knight) Discussion: Steel Thy Shovel! - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 10, 2017 7:14 am

i support buttbutt
Back to top Go down
SSBCFan24
Level 1 CPU

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Shovel Knight (Shovel Knight) Discussion: Steel Thy Shovel!   Shovel Knight (Shovel Knight) Discussion: Steel Thy Shovel! - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 26, 2017 6:36 am

I support this. And i really hope the next SSBC includes Shovel Knight
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: Shovel Knight (Shovel Knight) Discussion: Steel Thy Shovel!   Shovel Knight (Shovel Knight) Discussion: Steel Thy Shovel! - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 27, 2017 2:35 am

Honestly, if Shantae wasn't already in Crusade and we had to pick an Indy character for the roster, I would have to pick Shovel Knight. While series like Shantae and Cave Story existed before, Shovel Knight is the series that really blew up and took the Indy scene to the next level.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shovel Knight (Shovel Knight) Discussion: Steel Thy Shovel!   Shovel Knight (Shovel Knight) Discussion: Steel Thy Shovel! - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Shovel Knight (Shovel Knight) Discussion: Steel Thy Shovel!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3