Barry Steakfries (Jetpack Joyride) Discussion

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
thebuddyadrian
Level 5 CPU
thebuddyadrian

thebuddyadrian

Barry Steakfries (Jetpack Joyride) Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Barry Steakfries (Jetpack Joyride) Discussion   Barry Steakfries (Jetpack Joyride) Discussion EmptyFri Nov 28, 2014 3:49 pm

Now we're talking! Into a new world of gaming! Mobile gaming that is! Anyways, I think he would be a great character to represent mobile gaming!

Moveset: (Made by thecheesynacho)
jab- punch punch kick
Standard punch punch kick combo, like mario, sonic

ftilt- fruit ninja slash
For the forward tilt, Barry gets a little help from a ninja... a fruit ninja! The air in frnt of barry slices, hurting opponents nearby. This move is good for low percent combos.

utilt- ^
Same as before, except above Barry's head.

dtilt- flash tail sweep
Barry gets some help from Flash! The robotic dog sweeps his tail in front of him, kinda like fox's down tilt.

fsmash- shotgun
Of course, Barry's most recognizable weapon, the shotgun. Barry charges up and when released shoots shotgun in front of him.

usmash- gravity suit
Barry uses one of his gadgets, the gravity suit. While charging, The suit appears on Barry, and when released, he does a jump that has a landing hitbox. Opponent's nearby fly upwards!

dsmash- bomb
I'm really excited abput this one. You know how when you're playing and you lose, you get to spin the wheel, and one of the items you can get is a bomb?
Barry launches one upwards, and the bomb explodes when it makes contact with the ground. This is a really powerful move, but it comes with a risk: The bomb can also hurt (and KO) barry!

nair- zap
A zapper appears around barry, electrocuting him and any opponents nearby. Needless to say, this hurts Barry, but the sweetspot of the move (Barry's body while electrocuting) is really strong.

fair- shotgun
Yet again, Barry utilizes his shotgun. This move propels him backwards, kinda like Vaporeon in Super Smash Land or Orcane from RoA.

bair- fruit ninja slash
The Fruit Ninja strikes again!

uair- shoot upwards
really simple. Barry pulls out a gun and shoots upward. It has a lasting hitbox (think Mii Gunner uair)

dair- machine gun jetpack
The machine gun jetpack! Using this move gives Barry a little boost. Bullets travel SUUUUPEER far down and hurt, and if the enemy is right under Barry they get spiked.
But wait, if the machine gun jetpack isn't barry's up special, then what is?

uspecial- crazy freaking teleporter
Teleport back to the stage! The crazy freakin teleporter can be angled 360 degreees.

sspecial- missiles
This one's pretty cool. It's the red missiles that shoot at you in Jetpack Jyride, and they work exactly the same.
While using Barry, press side b and a little warning will appear from the side blastzone of the stage that is to your back. Then  moments later, a missile will shot at you while flying fast.
Barry can even use this move while in hitstun! Use it to escape combos or to pressure enemies, but be careful because the missiles can harm you as well!

dspecial- flash tackle

I'll be honest here. I hadn't read this thread before, and I thought of the same move as OP. what a coincidence!
Anyway, Barry tells Flash to tackle his enemy. You can hold down the button to make this move charge. 

nspecial- charge vehicle= lil stomper, bad as hog, profit bird, mr cuddles
Barry takes out a vehicle crate (idk how they're called) and starts charging up. Works like pacman's b in smash 4. 
One charge (1st vehicle) is the bad as hog. It goes in a straight line. This is the weaker of the vehicles.
2nd charge: profit bird. The profit bird bounces along the ground. Has high base knockback but little growth.
3rd charge: lil' stomper. It runs along the ground and buries any enemy it goes through, even if theu're shielding!
4th charge: mr cuddles. Mr cuddles flies at the enemy (kinda like a homing missile) while spitting fire.

final smash- sam
S.A.M.: Barry collects all the pieces to build it, then flies off to one side of the stage and comes back on S.A.M. Missiles come from the other side of the stage.
Opponent gets damage from missiles and from touching S.A.M. Really powerful.

Last edited by thebuddyadrian on Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:07 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
HypeConduit
Level 6 CPU
HypeConduit

Klonoa
  XMister_RatburnX

PostSubject: Re: Barry Steakfries (Jetpack Joyride) Discussion   Barry Steakfries (Jetpack Joyride) Discussion EmptySun Nov 30, 2014 1:46 am

I think that with a proper moveset, you could possibly convince me that Barry could be suitable for Crusade. I don't remember who mentioned it, but the whole jetpack U-Spec is a bit overplayed in custom movesets. Gravity Suit would be a lot better, or even the Teleporter N-Spec. Also, I feel that Down/Neutral Special should involve Lil' Stomper.

No support from me, but this could change. Mobile gaming isn't completely off the roster. CJ made a pretty substantial thread for Crazy Dave, albeit better received back in the Character Polls. (No offense, CJ  Razz)
Back to top Go down
SnivyKawaii
Level 6 CPU
SnivyKawaii

Snivy

PostSubject: Re: Barry Steakfries (Jetpack Joyride) Discussion   Barry Steakfries (Jetpack Joyride) Discussion EmptySun Nov 30, 2014 8:26 am

HypeConduit wrote:
I think that with a proper moveset, you could possibly convince me that Barry could be suitable for Crusade. I don't remember who mentioned it, but the whole jetpack U-Spec is a bit overplayed in custom movesets. Gravity Suit would be a lot better, or even the Teleporter N-Spec. Also, I feel that Down/Neutral Special should involve Lil' Stomper.

No support from me, but this could change. Mobile gaming isn't completely off the roster. CJ made a pretty substantial thread for Crazy Dave, albeit better received back in the Character Polls. (No offense, CJ  Razz)
I am very offended don't worry no problem
Back to top Go down
http://snivykawaii.tumblr.com/
TaXMaN
Level 6 CPU
TaXMaN

PAC-MAN

PostSubject: Re: Barry Steakfries (Jetpack Joyride) Discussion   Barry Steakfries (Jetpack Joyride) Discussion EmptySun Nov 30, 2014 1:25 pm

Interesting character suggestion. In response to Hype, jetpacks are a overused concept in up specials but Barry's machine gun jetpack is no ordinary jetpack. The fact that it fires bullets downwards (which would also deal damage to enemies below) makes it stand out from other up B's.
Back to top Go down
Slissith

Slissith

( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

PostSubject: Re: Barry Steakfries (Jetpack Joyride) Discussion   Barry Steakfries (Jetpack Joyride) Discussion EmptySun Nov 30, 2014 2:23 pm

It'd be interesting to see the bullets causing downward knockback.
Back to top Go down
Gab3
Level 1 CPU

PostSubject: Re: Barry Steakfries (Jetpack Joyride) Discussion   Barry Steakfries (Jetpack Joyride) Discussion EmptySun Dec 14, 2014 7:17 pm

Intersting...
Back to top Go down
GamingGryffindor
Level 6 CPU
GamingGryffindor

PostSubject: Re: Barry Steakfries (Jetpack Joyride) Discussion   Barry Steakfries (Jetpack Joyride) Discussion EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 8:14 pm

Has he ever appeared on a Nintendo system though?
Back to top Go down
C_Mill24
Level 9 CPU
C_Mill24

C-Mill24

PostSubject: Re: Barry Steakfries (Jetpack Joyride) Discussion   Barry Steakfries (Jetpack Joyride) Discussion EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 9:01 pm

Axel wrote:
Nope.
Back to top Go down
GamingGryffindor
Level 6 CPU
GamingGryffindor

PostSubject: Re: Barry Steakfries (Jetpack Joyride) Discussion   Barry Steakfries (Jetpack Joyride) Discussion EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 9:50 pm

Then doesn't that mean he is automatically inelligible?
Back to top Go down
thebuddyadrian
Level 5 CPU
thebuddyadrian

thebuddyadrian

PostSubject: Re: Barry Steakfries (Jetpack Joyride) Discussion   Barry Steakfries (Jetpack Joyride) Discussion EmptyMon Dec 29, 2014 8:27 pm

has ristar appeared on a nintendo console? I dont think so. So why is he in?
Back to top Go down
SP

cellularSP

PostSubject: Re: Barry Steakfries (Jetpack Joyride) Discussion   Barry Steakfries (Jetpack Joyride) Discussion EmptyMon Dec 29, 2014 9:19 pm

thebuddyadrian wrote:
has ristar appeared on a nintendo console? I dont think so. So why is he in?

his game appeared on the wii via the eshop

he was added in by the previous devteam, that's why he is in
Back to top Go down
Roy
Level 7 CPU
Roy

RoyMaster4

PostSubject: Re: Barry Steakfries (Jetpack Joyride) Discussion   Barry Steakfries (Jetpack Joyride) Discussion EmptyTue Dec 30, 2014 3:16 pm

Axel wrote:
That's not a requirement for Crusade. If you read over the rules, nowhere does it say that the character had to ever appear on a Nintendo console. The character simply has to not be 4th party (that is, a non-video game source) and not to be a meme/original character/something stupid.

Ristar was in Sonic Mega Collection for Gamecube, but that's irrelevent.

I'm not saying I support this character, though... don't really see a good reason for him. Seems like a generic iphone game to me.
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Barry Steakfries (Jetpack Joyride) Discussion   Barry Steakfries (Jetpack Joyride) Discussion EmptyTue Aug 25, 2015 6:11 am

With a touched-up moveset, I could easily support Barry, because I'm on a Halfbrick kick as off late and Jatpack Joyride is a legitimate good mobile game.
Maybe you can even take a look at other Halfbrick games for more moveset ideas.
Back to top Go down
Naughty Ottsel
Level 5 CPU
Naughty Ottsel

Captain Falcon
  Vanillogic

PostSubject: Re: Barry Steakfries (Jetpack Joyride) Discussion   Barry Steakfries (Jetpack Joyride) Discussion EmptyTue Aug 25, 2015 1:40 pm

Don't put that in, Barry
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: Barry Steakfries (Jetpack Joyride) Discussion   Barry Steakfries (Jetpack Joyride) Discussion EmptySun Oct 04, 2015 10:03 pm

You know what, I'll support Barry. I wanna shoot bullets at people with my jetpack.
Back to top Go down
ZaiWolfgang
Level 1 CPU

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Barry Steakfries (Jetpack Joyride) Discussion   Barry Steakfries (Jetpack Joyride) Discussion EmptyMon Oct 05, 2015 12:20 am

Not that I support this character but barry has been in more than one game. he was also in Monster Dash as well with some different Items that could be his different attacks.

I still don't think he would be a good fit though as he is simply from a mobile game (although popular) it didn't impact gaming as a whole to qualify his entry, he also has no real ties to nintendo. even joke characters like youngster Joey, Dan Hibiki and even a Goomba would be better off as new characters than Barry Steakfries (although now that I say that those would actually be really cool characters).

Aside From my resetti ing  There are a few more options to choose from in terms of attacks, grabs and specials.
Back to top Go down
thecheesynacho
Level 1 CPU
thecheesynacho

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Barry Steakfries (Jetpack Joyride) Discussion   Barry Steakfries (Jetpack Joyride) Discussion EmptyThu Jun 02, 2016 1:48 pm

So... I just found out about this thread..

Is it too late to suggest a new moveset?
Back to top Go down
TaXMaN
Level 6 CPU
TaXMaN

PAC-MAN

PostSubject: Re: Barry Steakfries (Jetpack Joyride) Discussion   Barry Steakfries (Jetpack Joyride) Discussion EmptyThu Jun 02, 2016 1:57 pm

thecheesynacho wrote:
So... I just found out about this thread..

Is it too late to suggest a new moveset?

Not at all! Go ahead. Smile
Back to top Go down
Nintensis
Level 4 CPU
Nintensis

jmf72115

PostSubject: Re: Barry Steakfries (Jetpack Joyride) Discussion   Barry Steakfries (Jetpack Joyride) Discussion EmptyThu Jun 02, 2016 2:25 pm

Well if we need a mobile gaming rep...
Support
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXcP_rB2DD03kDVk4qGFgpQ
thecheesynacho
Level 1 CPU
thecheesynacho

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Barry Steakfries (Jetpack Joyride) Discussion   Barry Steakfries (Jetpack Joyride) Discussion EmptyThu Jun 02, 2016 3:13 pm

Ok then, here we go Smile
I think Barry Steakfries has potential to be a fun character. I wanted to be as original as possible, so here is the first difference frm other characters: Barry will have his robotic dog (Flash) following him around as he battles. The dog will step in for some of the attacks. It can be pushed back by attacks, however, it cannot die. Flash will not be AI controlled, it only attacks when Barry calls him.
So, let's start with the moveset

jab- punch punch kick
Standard punch punch kick combo, like mario, sonic

ftilt- fruit ninja slash
For the forward tilt, Barry gets a little help from a ninja... a fruit ninja! The air in frnt of barry slices, hurting opponents nearby. This move is good for low percent combos.

utilt- ^
Same as before, except above Barry's head.

dtilt- flash tail sweep
Barry gets some help from Flash! The robotic dog sweeps his tail in front of him, kinda like fox's down tilt.

fsmash- shotgun
Of course, Barry's most recognizable weapon, the shotgun. Barry charges up and when released shoots shotgun in front of him.

usmash- gravity suit
Barry uses one of his gadgets, the gravity suit. While charging, The suit appears on Barry, and when released, he does a jump that has a landing hitbox. Opponent's nearby fly upwards!

dsmash- bomb
I'm really excited abput this one. You know how when you're playing and you lose, you get to spin the wheel, and one of the items you can get is a bomb?
Barry launches one upwards, and the bomb explodes when it makes contact with the ground. This is a really powerful move, but it comes with a risk: The bomb can also hurt (and KO) barry!

nair- zap
A zapper appears around barry, electrocuting him and any opponents nearby. Needless to say, this hurts Barry, but the sweetspot of the move (Barry's body while electrocuting) is really strong.

fair- shotgun
Yet again, Barry utilizes his shotgun. This move propels him backwards, kinda like Vaporeon in Super Smash Land or Orcane from RoA.

bair- fruit ninja slash
The Fruit Ninja strikes again!

uair- shoot upwards
really simple. Barry pulls out a gun and shoots upward. It has a lasting hitbox (think Mii Gunner uair)

dair- machine gun jetpack
The machine gun jetpack! Using this move gives Barry a little boost. Bullets travel SUUUUPEER far down and hurt, and if the enemy is right under Barry they get spiked.
But wait, if the machine gun jetpack isn't barry's up special, then what is?

uspecial- crazy freaking teleporter
Teleport back to the stage! The crazy freakin teleporter can be angled 360 degreees.

sspecial- missiles
This one's pretty cool. It's the red missiles that shoot at you in Jetpack Jyride, and they work exactly the same.
While using Barry, press side b and a little warning will appear from the side blastzone of the stage that is to your back. Then  moments later, a missile will shot at you while flying fast.
Barry can even use this move while in hitstun! Use it to escape combos or to pressure enemies, but be careful because the missiles can harm you as well!

dspecial- flash tackle

I'll be honest here. I hadn't read this thread before, and I thought of the same move as OP. what a coincidence!
Anyway, Barry tells Flash to tackle his enemy. You can hold down the button to make this move charge.

nspecial- charge vehicle= lil stomper, bad as hog, profit bird, mr cuddles
Barry takes out a vehicle crate (idk how they're called) and starts charging up. Works like pacman's b in smash 4.
One charge (1st vehicle) is the bad as hog. It goes in a straight line. This is the weaker of the vehicles.
2nd charge: profit bird. The profit bird bounces along the ground. Has high base knockback but little growth.
3rd charge: lil' stomper. It runs along the ground and buries any enemy it goes through, even if theu're shielding!
4th charge: mr cuddles. Mr cuddles flies at the enemy (kinda like a homing missile) while spitting fire.

final smash- sam
S.A.M.: Barry collects all the pieces to build it, then flies off to one side of the stage and comes back on S.A.M. Missiles come from the other side of the stage.
Opponent gets damage from missiles and from touching S.A.M. Really powerful.

That's it! I hope you like my ideas! Smile :v
Back to top Go down
wheeled_tank
Level 6 CPU
wheeled_tank

Phoenix Wright
  wheeled_tank

PostSubject: Re: Barry Steakfries (Jetpack Joyride) Discussion   Barry Steakfries (Jetpack Joyride) Discussion EmptyThu Jun 02, 2016 4:54 pm

He is a recognizable representative for mobile, even if he hasn't done anything major in thevery world of video games. If we get a mobile rep, I say this has my support.

And to the person above me, seems like a fun moveset. Kinda reminds me of Pichu with all of the self-damage.
Back to top Go down
thecheesynacho
Level 1 CPU
thecheesynacho

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Barry Steakfries (Jetpack Joyride) Discussion   Barry Steakfries (Jetpack Joyride) Discussion EmptyThu Jun 02, 2016 7:38 pm

wheeled_tank wrote:

And to the person above me, seems like a fun moveset. Kinda reminds me of Pichu with all of the self-damage.

It's actually kinda what I was going for. I know there are people who think of mobile games as "not videogames" (myself included) so he is kinda like a mix between a joke character and not a joke character. Idk if you get it haha
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Barry Steakfries (Jetpack Joyride) Discussion   Barry Steakfries (Jetpack Joyride) Discussion Empty

Back to top Go down

Barry Steakfries (Jetpack Joyride) Discussion
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1