Pichu Discussion

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

Pichu Discussion  Empty
PostSubject: Pichu Discussion    Pichu Discussion  EmptyThu Oct 02, 2014 2:11 pm

Discuss, share opinions, ideas, etc. about Pichu.
Back to top Go down
The Real Rita Mordio
Level 2 CPU
The Real Rita Mordio

Pichu Discussion  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pichu Discussion    Pichu Discussion  EmptySun Dec 21, 2014 2:20 pm

I love Pichu to death, but there's one thing I don't fully 100% understand. His down special. It appears to absorb damage without the knock back for Pichu. Is there anything else it does?
Back to top Go down
C_Mill24
Level 9 CPU
C_Mill24

C-Mill24

Pichu Discussion  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pichu Discussion    Pichu Discussion  EmptySun Dec 21, 2014 7:04 pm

DRac0 wrote:
I love Pichu to death, but there's one thing I don't fully 100% understand. His down special. It appears to absorb damage without the knock back for Pichu. Is there anything else it does?
Pichu's down special is Endure, which absorbs damage done by an opponent. Use it in combination with its side special, Flail, and you can do monstrous damage if at a high enough percentage.

Speaking of which, is there a damage cap for Pichu's side special?
Back to top Go down
The Real Rita Mordio
Level 2 CPU
The Real Rita Mordio

Pichu Discussion  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pichu Discussion    Pichu Discussion  EmptyMon Dec 22, 2014 8:54 am

All I know for Pichu's side special is that it starts hitting SUPER hard after 100% of damage.
Back to top Go down
armatage
Level 3 CPU
armatage

[i]N/A[/i]

Pichu Discussion  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pichu Discussion    Pichu Discussion  EmptyMon Aug 03, 2015 5:17 pm

C_Mill24 wrote:
DRac0 wrote:
Pichu's down special is Endure, which absorbs damage done by an opponent. Use it in combination with its side special, Flail, and you can do monstrous damage if at a high enough percentage.

Speaking of which, is there a damage cap for Pichu's side special?

Even though the wiki mislabels endure and flail as nuzzle and skull bash, and it even says endure does nothing.
Back to top Go down
HypeConduit
Level 6 CPU
HypeConduit

Klonoa
  XMister_RatburnX

Pichu Discussion  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pichu Discussion    Pichu Discussion  EmptyMon Aug 03, 2015 9:52 pm

Do not use the wiki. It is outdated and as comprehensible as a Dingo Pictures animation re-enacted by elementary schoolers.
Back to top Go down
armatage
Level 3 CPU
armatage

[i]N/A[/i]

Pichu Discussion  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pichu Discussion    Pichu Discussion  EmptyMon Aug 03, 2015 10:20 pm

Then why doesn't someone update it so the information is more useful, or commission/hire a guy to do it?
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

Pichu Discussion  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pichu Discussion    Pichu Discussion  EmptyMon Aug 03, 2015 11:18 pm

HypeConduit wrote:
Do not use the wiki. It is outdated and as comprehensible as a Dingo Pictures animation re-enacted by elementary schoolers.
Yee don't like the wiki, don't Yee? :}
Back to top Go down
Dustination

Mach Rider
  Dustination

Pichu Discussion  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pichu Discussion    Pichu Discussion  EmptyTue Aug 04, 2015 12:49 am

Nobody likes the wiki
Afaik nobody significant even has the power to edit it
Back to top Go down
https://projectcrusade.forumotion.com/
desu
Level 6 CPU
desu

Yoshi
  fanyoshixD

Pichu Discussion  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pichu Discussion    Pichu Discussion  EmptyTue Aug 04, 2015 8:56 am

I think Pichu's side special in less than 100% could be a double hit that could be followed with any tilt and grabs in the ground and any aerial attack in the air.
And Pichu's down special could ''absorb'' the damage taken and heal.
Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

Pichu Discussion  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pichu Discussion    Pichu Discussion  EmptyTue Aug 04, 2015 2:12 pm

None of the above is true.

Pichu's side special is an attack whose power scales off Pichu's current damage %.

Pichu's down special can "tank" any single hit in the game. You will take the damage but incur no knockback or flinch, allowing you to then counter attack with anything you choose. Side special, for example. I believe over 100% there's actually a built in down b -> side b cancel or something. Over 100% side b starts hitting insanely hard.
Back to top Go down
desu
Level 6 CPU
desu

Yoshi
  fanyoshixD

Pichu Discussion  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pichu Discussion    Pichu Discussion  EmptyTue Aug 04, 2015 7:25 pm

Perfect Hell wrote:
None of the above is true.

Pichu's side special is an attack whose power scales off Pichu's current damage %.

Pichu's down special can "tank" any single hit in the game.  You will take the damage but incur no knockback or flinch, allowing you to then counter attack with anything you choose.  Side special, for example.  I believe over 100% there's actually a built in down b -> side b cancel or something.  Over 100% side b starts hitting insanely hard.

Sorry if I confused you, I was doing a suggestion because Pichu's side special is pretty useless at percents lower than 100%
Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

Pichu Discussion  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pichu Discussion    Pichu Discussion  EmptyTue Aug 04, 2015 9:20 pm

Ah, thanks for clarifying.

Side special being not that useful under 100% is kind of the point. And being able to heal with a counter would be flat-out broken.

Alternatively, Side B could be given it's melee use: distance and non-helpless, for recovery extension. Down B could give a ton of hitlag or some such thing to make it's purpose more obvious and easily taken advantage of.
Back to top Go down
Slissith

Slissith

( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

Pichu Discussion  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pichu Discussion    Pichu Discussion  EmptyWed Aug 05, 2015 4:29 am

+1 for extra hitlag on endure.
Back to top Go down
wheeled_tank
Level 6 CPU
wheeled_tank

Phoenix Wright
  wheeled_tank

Pichu Discussion  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pichu Discussion    Pichu Discussion  EmptyMon Apr 04, 2016 10:45 pm

I didn't know that Pichu's down special was a counter/damage tanking move. Opens up alot of possibilities.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Pichu Discussion  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pichu Discussion    Pichu Discussion  Empty

Back to top Go down

Pichu Discussion
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1