View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

Princess Peach Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Princess Peach Discussion   Princess Peach Discussion EmptyThu Oct 02, 2014 2:09 pm

Discuss, share opinions, ideas, etc. about Princess Peach.
Back to top Go down
HypeConduit
Level 6 CPU
HypeConduit

Klonoa
  XMister_RatburnX

PostSubject: Re: Princess Peach Discussion   Princess Peach Discussion EmptyThu Nov 27, 2014 3:15 pm

I've been thinking a little bit about Peach and how the Vibe Scepter could be incorporated into her moveset. I think these changes could make her more fun to play with, not to mention dynamic. Here's what I thought up:

The Vibe Sceptor would take place of her Toadsworth counter, which would be moved to her side special. The Peach Bomber would be removed. How the Vibe Sceptor would work could be something akin to Shulk's Monado arts.

~Rage: Slow, but has better ground attacks. Jump is lowered.
~Gloom: Fast, with weaker, but quicker ground attacks attacks.
~Joy: Not a very good ground game, and runs a bit slower, but jumps a bit higher and has better aerial attacks.
~Calm: Bad everything movement and attack, but great defense. Slowly heals.

The meter for these vibes would be shared, so you couldn't immediately switch from one to the next if the meter is out. The meter would be slow recharging. I'd guess around 20 seconds for the meter to completely charge.
Back to top Go down
C_Mill24
Level 9 CPU
C_Mill24

C-Mill24

PostSubject: Re: Princess Peach Discussion   Princess Peach Discussion EmptyThu Nov 27, 2014 4:26 pm

So the vibe scepter works just like Shulk's monado arts? I kind of like that idea.
Back to top Go down
HypeConduit
Level 6 CPU
HypeConduit

Klonoa
  XMister_RatburnX

PostSubject: Re: Princess Peach Discussion   Princess Peach Discussion EmptyThu Nov 27, 2014 4:45 pm

C_Mill24 wrote:
So the vibe scepter works just like Shulk's monado arts? I kind of like that idea.

Mainly, except that to keep the game fair, the buff time and cool-down is shared between the vibes, whereas the Monado lets you switch to something immediately different after you're done with one art.
Back to top Go down
Dr. CanadianBacon
Level 6 CPU
Dr. CanadianBacon

Dr.CanadianBacon

PostSubject: Re: Princess Peach Discussion   Princess Peach Discussion EmptyThu Nov 27, 2014 7:12 pm

Vibe Scepter is so dirty.

Lol

It'd be a neat idea though!
Back to top Go down
Dry

PostSubject: Re: Princess Peach Discussion   Princess Peach Discussion EmptyFri Nov 28, 2014 12:23 am

Only if you want it to be dirty Lil Dolan

I'd be more fond of the idea if the Vibe Scepter was a bit less generic stat-boosting and more unique somehow. Here are some example ideas:

Rage: Peach could be covered by a translucent fireball, like in the game itself. The aura could do steady damage over time, but no knockback or hitstun for balance's sake. With this on, Peach could do an insane amount of damage at close range very quickly. The damage rate can be adjusted for balance.

Gloom: Peach's tears could make the ground "slippery", increasing everyone's ground speed but reducing their traction. Also adds a random trip chance Alternatively, Peach's tears could cause a sprout to grow every second or something, which deals a certain amount of knockback and hitstun. Obviously, both ideas only work on the ground.

Joy: Peach gets the ability to float indefinitely. Alternatively/additionally, she can control the vertical height of her float using up and down, while floating. The vibe gauge prevents this from infinite stalling. Together with Gloom, this keeps the ground/air contrast that Hype had.

Calm: Yeah, slowly healing is fine. Not sure if the "stat" changes are necessary.
Back to top Go down
HypeConduit
Level 6 CPU
HypeConduit

Klonoa
  XMister_RatburnX

PostSubject: Re: Princess Peach Discussion   Princess Peach Discussion EmptyFri Nov 28, 2014 10:27 am

Dry wrote:
Only if you want it to be dirty Lil Dolan

I'd be more fond of the idea if the Vibe Scepter was a bit less generic stat-boosting and more unique somehow. Here are some example ideas:

Rage: Peach could be covered by a translucent fireball, like in the game itself. The aura could do steady damage over time, but no knockback or hitstun for balance's sake. With this on, Peach could do an insane amount of damage at close range very quickly. The damage rate can be adjusted for balance.

Gloom: Peach's tears could make the ground "slippery", increasing everyone's ground speed but reducing their traction. Also adds a random trip chance Alternatively, Peach's tears could cause a sprout to grow every second or something, which deals a certain amount of knockback and hitstun. Obviously, both ideas only work on the ground.

Joy: Peach gets the ability to float indefinitely. Alternatively/additionally, she can control the vertical height of her float using up and down, while floating. The vibe gauge prevents this from infinite stalling. Together with Gloom, this keeps the ground/air contrast that Hype had.

Calm: Yeah, slowly healing is fine. Not sure if the "stat" changes are necessary.

I actually like your applications better. Well thought! Smile
Back to top Go down
Telara
Level 2 CPU
Telara

PostSubject: Re: Princess Peach Discussion   Princess Peach Discussion EmptyThu Feb 26, 2015 9:13 am

I wasn't sure whether to post this here or in the Suggestions board, but since the Vibe Scepter idea was posted here, here's my two cents.
http://mfgg.net/index.php?act=resdb&param=02&c=1&id=30843
These AMAZING Peach sprites by Hans-460, the same guy who did Peach's current sprites, got uploaded to MFGG not long ago. Maybe these could be used?
Back to top Go down
http://chao.hippotank.com/forum/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Princess Peach Discussion   Princess Peach Discussion EmptyThu Feb 26, 2015 10:19 am

To be honest, I'm not really found of the Vibe Scepter idea.
Then again, the vibes were also the reason why I didn't liked SPP in the first place.
Back to top Go down
AmareTSM

AmareTSM

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Princess Peach Discussion   Princess Peach Discussion EmptyFri Jul 24, 2015 3:31 pm

Am I the only one who thinks Peach should have a Daisy alt? Not just a palette, but like, voice clips and stuff, like WFT, Robin, etc. Just an idea. (I mean, I could see Daisy having an original moveset, but I don't really think it would be worth it, yet I do think she should be in Smash in some way.)
Back to top Go down
Dustination

Mach Rider
  Dustination

PostSubject: Re: Princess Peach Discussion   Princess Peach Discussion EmptyFri Jul 24, 2015 4:11 pm

A requirement for an alt is that it must be the same character. While it would be neat unfortunately Daisy is not the same character as Peach.
Back to top Go down
https://projectcrusade.forumotion.com/
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Princess Peach Discussion   Princess Peach Discussion EmptySat Jul 25, 2015 2:24 pm

Yeah, a Daisy alt would require more than just a different pallete and a different voice: a reskin of Peach's Neutral B, because it wouldn't make sense for Daisy to use Toad or Toadsworth.
Not to mention that Daisy is objectively among the worst Mario characters. Kappa
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: Princess Peach Discussion   Princess Peach Discussion EmptySat Jul 25, 2015 3:27 pm

This children, is how you sound like big jerkface on the internet.

Don't do it
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Princess Peach Discussion   Princess Peach Discussion EmptySat Jul 25, 2015 9:40 pm

What should I not do? State my own opinion?
Boy, I'm not breaking any rules with it, and I have a right to have my own opinion.
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: Princess Peach Discussion   Princess Peach Discussion EmptySat Jul 25, 2015 9:43 pm

You can state your opinion, you just shouldn't state your opinion like you did.

It should of been more like "I don't like Daisy all that much."
Back to top Go down
AmareTSM

AmareTSM

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Princess Peach Discussion   Princess Peach Discussion EmptySun Jul 26, 2015 3:14 pm

Also, I'm not sure if this means anything, but Alph is an alt for Olimar in SSB4, and they're different characters. I know that SSB4 and SSBC probably have different rules as to what makes an alt, but just thought I'd point that out.
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: Princess Peach Discussion   Princess Peach Discussion EmptySun Jul 26, 2015 3:17 pm

it's because they are very similar and would have the same moveset anyway.
Back to top Go down
Dustination

Mach Rider
  Dustination

PostSubject: Re: Princess Peach Discussion   Princess Peach Discussion EmptySun Jul 26, 2015 3:24 pm

The issue is that if an alternate is purely cosmetic it takes up a lot of unnecessary space.
Back to top Go down
https://projectcrusade.forumotion.com/
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: Princess Peach Discussion   Princess Peach Discussion EmptySun Jul 26, 2015 3:25 pm

indeed
Back to top Go down
MarioStrikerMurphy1994
Level 5 CPU
MarioStrikerMurphy1994

PostSubject: Re: Princess Peach Discussion   Princess Peach Discussion EmptyFri Nov 27, 2015 6:33 pm

HypeConduit wrote:
I've been thinking a little bit about Peach and how the Vibe Scepter could be incorporated into her moveset. I think these changes could make her more fun to play with, not to mention dynamic. Here's what I thought up:

The Vibe Sceptor would take place of her Toadsworth counter, which would be moved to her side special. The Peach Bomber would be removed. How the Vibe Sceptor would work could be something akin to Shulk's Monado arts.

~Rage: Slow, but has better ground attacks. Jump is lowered.
~Gloom: Fast, with weaker, but quicker ground attacks attacks.
~Joy: Not a very good ground game, and runs a bit slower, but jumps a bit higher and has better aerial attacks.
~Calm: Bad everything movement and attack, but great defense. Slowly heals.

The meter for these vibes would be shared, so you couldn't immediately switch from one to the next if the meter is out. The meter would be slow recharging. I'd guess around 20 seconds for the meter to completely charge.

Not bad your ideas, buddy.

But, I think her Rage Vibe could be better her Final Smash XD.
Back to top Go down
MarioStrikerMurphy1994
Level 5 CPU
MarioStrikerMurphy1994

PostSubject: Re: Princess Peach Discussion   Princess Peach Discussion EmptyWed Dec 30, 2015 6:33 pm

About Peach's voice, which one do you prefer more for her?

A) Her voice in Super Mario Kart 64 (Leslie Swan)
B) Her voice in SSBM (Jen Taylor)
C) Her voice in Brawl and in SSB4 (Samantha Kelly)

Honestly, I prefer more her voice by jen Taylor (about Smash voices), and her voice from SMK64 (in general)...But well...
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: Princess Peach Discussion   Princess Peach Discussion EmptyWed Dec 30, 2015 7:42 pm

Mario Kart 64 Peach is sort of bland.

Melee Peach makes me want to choke someone. That taunt makes me more angry than Kirby.

Keeping the newest voiceclips seems like the best choice to me.
Back to top Go down
MarioStrikerMurphy1994
Level 5 CPU
MarioStrikerMurphy1994

PostSubject: Re: Princess Peach Discussion   Princess Peach Discussion EmptyWed Dec 30, 2015 7:46 pm

About some changes for her, I'm suggesting these:

-Neutral Special: She uses Perry (the parasol from Super Princess Peach) which damages opponents. However, if somebody hits Peach while she uses the parasol, Perry will take a blow and counter the opponent's attack with spores.

-Up Special: Joy Vibe: Peach starts to laugh, and floats upwards, surrounded by a tornado

-Final Smash: Rage Vibe: She gets enraged, and surrounded by a fire forcefield, dagaing anybody who tries to hit her, and also, increasing her strength.

What do you think? Comment, please.
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: Princess Peach Discussion   Princess Peach Discussion EmptyWed Dec 30, 2015 7:58 pm

Why should her attacks go from iconic to obscure? I don't get it
Back to top Go down
MarioStrikerMurphy1994
Level 5 CPU
MarioStrikerMurphy1994

PostSubject: Re: Princess Peach Discussion   Princess Peach Discussion EmptyWed Dec 30, 2015 8:01 pm

OmegaSteve777 wrote:
Why should her attacks go from iconic to obscure? I don't get it

The thing that happens, buddy, is that I visualize her better with attacks extracted from Super Princess Peach, due to this game was the only game where she's the main heroine (uncounting Super Mario Bros. 2/Super Mario USA and Super Mario 3D World)...
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: Princess Peach Discussion   Princess Peach Discussion EmptyWed Dec 30, 2015 8:15 pm

I was trying to say that the attacks from SPP isn't a very good idea for various reasons, I just didn't want to list them...

I guess I have to now.
1. Her attacks from Smash are more iconic than the ones from SPP.
2. If we needed to give her emotions from SPP, then we'd need to represent all of them. (Which isn't a good idea)
Back to top Go down
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
Braystar

Waluigi
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Princess Peach Discussion   Princess Peach Discussion EmptySat Feb 27, 2016 9:36 pm

I like the Vibes, but the Peach Bomber is iconic in Smash. I say get rid of Toadsworth. Toad's Neutral B almost does the same thing.
Back to top Go down
Nohrian Sadist

Nohrian Sadist

cheezetime

PostSubject: Re: Princess Peach Discussion   Princess Peach Discussion EmptySat Feb 27, 2016 10:34 pm

Braystar wrote:
I like the Vibes, but the Peach Bomber is iconic in Smash. I say get rid of Toadsworth. Toad's Neutral B almost does the same thing.

I disagree with this line of thinking.
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Princess Peach Discussion   Princess Peach Discussion EmptySun Feb 28, 2016 12:58 am

Yeah, replace Toadsworth with a regular Toad, but color the Toad blue in order to differentiate it from the playable Toad (who is red).
Back to top Go down
AmareTSM

AmareTSM

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Princess Peach Discussion   Princess Peach Discussion EmptySun Feb 28, 2016 7:29 am

Peach is fine guys, no need to fix what isn't broken.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Princess Peach Discussion   Princess Peach Discussion Empty

Back to top Go down

Princess Peach Discussion
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next