Evil Ryu Discussion

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

Evil Ryu Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Evil Ryu Discussion   Evil Ryu Discussion EmptyThu Oct 02, 2014 12:02 am

Discuss, share opinions, ideas, etc. about Evil Ryu.
Back to top Go down
Falcon8r

Falcon8r

PostSubject: Re: Evil Ryu Discussion   Evil Ryu Discussion EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 10:15 am

New Evil Ryu = win. I really like new Smashes and Down Aerial.

Also, something cool I noticed: He can crouch-cancel his second Jab. This leads to fun extended combos, such as Jab x2, crouch cancel, Down Tilt, Up B. Probably doesn't work with SDI, but still cool.
Back to top Go down
sluigi123
Level 3 CPU
sluigi123

PAC-MAN
  Sluigi123

PostSubject: Re: Evil Ryu Discussion   Evil Ryu Discussion EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 4:13 pm

Evil Ryu is truly awesome. All I think he needs is the same treatment as Ryu's, which is just a choice between two Final Smashes, which I thought was "Raging Demon" and Messatsu Go-Shoryu" on demo 0.8.4.

That's really all he needs at the moment. I forgot, can you crouch cancel his down special?
Back to top Go down
Doq
Level 6 CPU
Doq

Ask in 20 years.

PostSubject: Re: Evil Ryu Discussion   Evil Ryu Discussion EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 5:08 pm

Raging Demon was the . in 8 Patch 4.
Back to top Go down
http://www.doqk.ml/
ensane

ensane

PostSubject: Re: Evil Ryu Discussion   Evil Ryu Discussion EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 7:07 pm

SF characters can run cancel downB
Back to top Go down
Falcon8r

Falcon8r

PostSubject: Re: Evil Ryu Discussion   Evil Ryu Discussion EmptySat Oct 04, 2014 1:57 pm

I really do miss Raging Demon. I'm pretty sure the code for it is still around. Was there some reason it got removed?
Back to top Go down
Daw/Dave
Level 2 CPU
Daw/Dave

PostSubject: Re: Evil Ryu Discussion   Evil Ryu Discussion EmptySat Oct 04, 2014 2:02 pm

Always prefered Evil Ryu over Ryu.
Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

PostSubject: Re: Evil Ryu Discussion   Evil Ryu Discussion EmptySat Oct 04, 2014 7:05 pm

Chun li and Evil Ryu will both have 2 final smashes in a future update.
Back to top Go down
Doq
Level 6 CPU
Doq

Ask in 20 years.

PostSubject: Re: Evil Ryu Discussion   Evil Ryu Discussion EmptySat Oct 04, 2014 9:04 pm

Smash King wrote:

Discuss, share opinions, ideas, etc. about Luigi.
I just realized this.
Back to top Go down
http://www.doqk.ml/
demonceage
Level 1 CPU

PostSubject: Re: Evil Ryu Discussion   Evil Ryu Discussion EmptySat Oct 25, 2014 7:51 pm

i prefer the old Evil ryu move set. the new one don't feel right. plus they took out the Messatsu goshoryu.
Back to top Go down
Falcon8r

Falcon8r

PostSubject: Re: Evil Ryu Discussion   Evil Ryu Discussion EmptySat Oct 25, 2014 8:51 pm

demonceage wrote:
i prefer the old Evil ryu move set. the new one don't feel right. plus they took out the Messatsu goshoryu.  
I believe Evil Ryu will be getting one of his old Final Smashes back, not sure which yet. Hopefully, it's Raging Demon honestly.
Back to top Go down
demonceage
Level 1 CPU

PostSubject: Re: Evil Ryu Discussion   Evil Ryu Discussion EmptySat Oct 25, 2014 9:47 pm

Falcon8r wrote:
demonceage wrote:
I believe Evil Ryu will be getting one of his old Final Smashes back, not sure which yet. Hopefully, it's Raging Demon honestly.

the supers are not main issue. its the move set.
Back to top Go down
Falcon8r

Falcon8r

PostSubject: Re: Evil Ryu Discussion   Evil Ryu Discussion EmptySun Oct 26, 2014 9:58 am

demonceage wrote:
I honestly like the new moveset a lot. I like that he's more like his SSF4AE self, having the Axe Kick as his Up Smash and an actual Focus Attack. I only have two complaints.

- I kinda miss having a Hurricane Kick. Ashura Senkuu is cool, but it's not nearly as useful as the old Hurricane Kick (kinda invalidated anyway since his regular Shoryuken is better as a combo ender now than it used to be).
- Up Aerial is weird looking now. I think if he had the same one as before it would be better.

Otherwise his new moveset is kinda great. Down Aerial is one of my favorites, and Down Smash is awesome, even if it's nigh-impossible to land it outside punish situations.
Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

PostSubject: Re: Evil Ryu Discussion   Evil Ryu Discussion EmptySun Oct 26, 2014 11:14 am

Evil Ryu's moveset represents his character so much better now, especially the Ashura Senku. Hurricane Kick was useful and so it's quite an adjustment to have a brand new side special, BUT this move is so much more important to the canonical character that the change was practically required. Plus, it's not like this move isn't useful. It has enough hitstun to set up a free combo when it hits, which is devastating in this character's case. It also has complete invincibility while moving, and though the invincibility ends when you punch, you can keep holding B to move past your opponent and then let go once behind them to attack from the back. This makes the move safe, acting like a dodge counter and if shielded, is immune to shield grabbing. Very, very useful move.
Back to top Go down
lordvaati
Level 2 CPU
lordvaati

PostSubject: Re: Evil Ryu Discussion   Evil Ryu Discussion EmptyTue Jan 05, 2016 3:46 pm

After seeing Bayonetta's Final Smash, I wonder now if Evil Ryu gets back the SGS if it will have the same "danger zone" effect of killing a target over 100%.
Back to top Go down
Carlos Emmanuel
Level 1 CPU
Carlos Emmanuel

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Evil Ryu Discussion   Evil Ryu Discussion EmptyTue Jan 19, 2016 3:00 pm

Evil Ryu say it would be good to put two smashes late version 0.8.4 , it was right and what your big picture the character of demonstration . It is not as it looks , he sees evil ryu street fighter 4 and the fight is on Street Fighter Alpha with the color palette of evil ryu sf4

Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Evil Ryu Discussion   Evil Ryu Discussion EmptyTue Jan 19, 2016 3:05 pm

Carlos Emmanuel wrote:
Evil Ryu say it would be good to put two smashes late version 0.8.4 , it was right and what your big picture the character of demonstration . It is not as it looks , he sees evil ryu street fighter 4 and the fight is on Street Fighter Alpha with the color palette of evil ryu sf4

Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool  
What

EDIT: Carlos, welcome to the forums; I just..cannot understand what you're saying. Are you an English speaker?

Last edited by Lego Shaq on Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
procrastinatingDestiny
Level 6 CPU
procrastinatingDestiny

DestinyIntwined

PostSubject: Re: Evil Ryu Discussion   Evil Ryu Discussion EmptyTue Jan 19, 2016 3:08 pm

yep
Back to top Go down
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
Braystar

Waluigi
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Evil Ryu Discussion   Evil Ryu Discussion EmptyTue Jan 26, 2016 6:13 pm

Carlos, all I have to say is this.

WAT
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Evil Ryu Discussion   Evil Ryu Discussion EmptyWed Jan 27, 2016 1:00 am

what
Back to top Go down
Captain Berzerk
Level 4 CPU
Captain Berzerk

Krystal
  20GX_Berzerk

PostSubject: Re: Evil Ryu Discussion   Evil Ryu Discussion EmptySat Dec 02, 2017 9:48 pm

Heres a Quick Rundown of 9.1.1 Evil Ryu
Evil Ryu Discussion Ssbc_917
Evil Ryu Discussion Ssbc_918
Back to top Go down
Captain Berzerk
Level 4 CPU
Captain Berzerk

Krystal
  20GX_Berzerk

PostSubject: Re: Evil Ryu Discussion   Evil Ryu Discussion EmptySat Dec 02, 2017 9:54 pm

and Evil Ryu's New Upb Finisher aka Messatsu Combo/Suicide
does what the name says it does and after a EX Shoryuken (that hits all the hits) u can press B again to do the Finisher. and it launches upwards on stage, and it has a weaker Suicide Effect when it hits off stage (like Ganondorfs Side b aka Wizards Choke)
Back to top Go down
Captain Berzerk
Level 4 CPU
Captain Berzerk

Krystal
  20GX_Berzerk

PostSubject: Re: Evil Ryu Discussion   Evil Ryu Discussion EmptyThu Dec 28, 2017 9:50 pm

some more Eryu knowledge for archive purposes i guess
Evil Ryu Discussion Evil_r10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Evil Ryu Discussion   Evil Ryu Discussion Empty

Back to top Go down

Evil Ryu Discussion
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1