View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

Crash Bandicoot Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Crash Bandicoot Discussion   Crash Bandicoot Discussion EmptyThu Oct 02, 2014 12:00 am

Discuss, share opinions, ideas, etc. about Crash Bandicoot.
Back to top Go down
SP

cellularSP

PostSubject: Re: Crash Bandicoot Discussion   Crash Bandicoot Discussion EmptyThu Oct 02, 2014 8:23 am

His up throw is really good
Back to top Go down
SP

cellularSP

PostSubject: Re: Crash Bandicoot Discussion   Crash Bandicoot Discussion EmptyFri Oct 10, 2014 10:07 am

After playing as Crash some more.

I feel as if Crash should be able to break his crates, whether it be via attacks or something. It feels weird punching the crates and nothing happens. It'd also be fun to blow up TNTs and Nitros from a distance with DSpecial.

But overall Crash has really fast attacks and good reliable kill moves (Up throw is almost certain KO around 80-100%, give or take). He feels nice.
Back to top Go down
HypeConduit
Level 6 CPU
HypeConduit

Klonoa
  XMister_RatburnX

PostSubject: Re: Crash Bandicoot Discussion   Crash Bandicoot Discussion EmptyFri Oct 10, 2014 12:25 pm

His Down Special feels sort of unnatural. Like Sheik's chain style unnatural. I guess it's okay, but I'd use his crates in almost any situation where I could use the canon.
Back to top Go down
SP

cellularSP

PostSubject: Re: Crash Bandicoot Discussion   Crash Bandicoot Discussion EmptyFri Oct 10, 2014 1:00 pm

The wumpa launcher is fairly awkward to use, I agree. It is decent for edge-guarding purposes, though. That seems to be its only practical use at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Fella
Level 1 CPU
Fella

PostSubject: Re: Crash Bandicoot Discussion   Crash Bandicoot Discussion EmptyFri Oct 10, 2014 8:19 pm

I personally don't like the wampa bazooka. So many times I run into situations that the throwing crates would be a better option. I kinda wish they were faster thrown. Back to the RPG, its perhaps the most tidus side arm for Crash. You get it on and you can't get it off unless you do the same combo to get it off. Thats really annoying to me, so I try my best not to use it.
Back to top Go down
SP

cellularSP

PostSubject: Re: Crash Bandicoot Discussion   Crash Bandicoot Discussion EmptyFri Oct 10, 2014 9:31 pm

I know you can shield/grab to end it I think.
Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

PostSubject: Re: Crash Bandicoot Discussion   Crash Bandicoot Discussion EmptySat Oct 11, 2014 3:35 pm

Down B or shield will get you out of the down B. Unfortunately it's an awkward move by nature, not much else we can do with it. But in the right situations it can be pretty good.

Crates have a lot planned for them, just hasnt been coded to it's fullest yet.
Back to top Go down
SP

cellularSP

PostSubject: Re: Crash Bandicoot Discussion   Crash Bandicoot Discussion EmptySun Jan 18, 2015 1:06 pm

I had an idea for replacing the down special, since it seems rather useless.

In Crash of the Titans, Crash can use Aku Aku as a shield to block attacks. Im thinking this could be Crash's new down special, allowing Crash to block lighter-damaging attacks, reflect projectiles, and maybe deal light damage and push back opponents who are near Crash when he uses Aku. Thoughts? It could give Aku more reason to be with Crash outside of his final smash. The wumpa launcher could maybe become a general item.
Back to top Go down
Johnny64

Johnny64

Snake

PostSubject: Re: Crash Bandicoot Discussion   Crash Bandicoot Discussion EmptySun Jan 18, 2015 7:30 pm

So basically, Pit's Down B. It could work, but I dunno.

I'd say that you guys could make his dash attack(The Slide) his down b, and when he uses Down B, Crash can Jump out of it, and gain speed and height on his jump, And of course, the slide itself could do damage and setup for an aerial.

However, in the air, i haven't thought about something.
Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

PostSubject: Re: Crash Bandicoot Discussion   Crash Bandicoot Discussion EmptySun Jan 18, 2015 8:28 pm

You know crash's dash attack is currently jump cancellable, right?
Back to top Go down
SP

cellularSP

PostSubject: Re: Crash Bandicoot Discussion   Crash Bandicoot Discussion EmptySun Jan 18, 2015 8:57 pm

Perfect Hell wrote:

I actually didn't know that, the more you know.

@Johnny

I'd argue its more useful than Crash's current DSpecial. Crash's current side b is so good that you don't really need another projectile, let alone one that is awkward to use. I do suppose it's similar to Pit's down B, but at the same time characters in Smash brothers have had similar attacks before, just look at Smash 4 with all the counters.
A while ago I was watching a LP of the game and when they first used the Aku shield, one person said "why isnt Crash in Smash bros?" People might be against repping the newer Crash games, and I can understand that, but they weren't awful games on their own merit, just bad when comparing them to the previous games that were made. Giving Crash a single move from the game that makes sense isn't a terrible idea in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Johnny64

Johnny64

Snake

PostSubject: Re: Crash Bandicoot Discussion   Crash Bandicoot Discussion EmptySun Jan 18, 2015 10:07 pm

Perfect Hell wrote:

Honestly, I forgot Razz

And SP, I get where you're coming from, most people hated the new games.
The only games I loved after the PERFECT PS One Games are Crash 4 AND Crash Twinsanity, so I guess I'm blinded because i haven't played games AFTER those.

Yes, i know Counters there are a lot of characters with similar attacks, but it just bugs me, imagining Aku Aku as a shield.

If that were to be his new Down Special, what's unique about that particular move? How does it work on the actual game? Is it something you can do pretty much anywhere? or just for progressing the game?
Back to top Go down
SP

cellularSP

PostSubject: Re: Crash Bandicoot Discussion   Crash Bandicoot Discussion EmptySun Jan 18, 2015 10:21 pm

Aku Aku's role in Crash games has generally been to protect Crash. Crash 1-3, grab an Aku Aku (or more) to block an attack. Crash kart games, Aku Aku acts like an invincibility star. Aku Aku has always been a shield for Crash, honestly. This move is just a bit more literal, referencing a newer Crash game.

As for the move itself in the game, it can be used anywhere. You use it to block attacks.
Back to top Go down
Johnny64

Johnny64

Snake

PostSubject: Re: Crash Bandicoot Discussion   Crash Bandicoot Discussion EmptySun Jan 18, 2015 10:29 pm

Yes, i do know Aku's Role, he protects Crash (dunno why, Aku is Strange).
Anyways, i thought the move was something that would rarely be used IN the game.

Maybe it could work
Back to top Go down
squiithefish
Level 1 CPU
squiithefish

PostSubject: Re: Crash Bandicoot Discussion   Crash Bandicoot Discussion EmptyThu Jan 29, 2015 6:10 pm

Hey everyone really new here and really new to smash crusade so please take my opinion with a grain of salt.

Kinda messed around with Crash in Practice mode for a few hours at work since it got slow, and after playing 80% of the cast today i can say with honesty that crash is DEFINITELY one of the more viable characters in this game. Especially with wave dashing on.

Up-smash is Melee Fox tier and up-throw kinda reminds of 3.02 PM Lucas's (Which btw is very good).

But yeah Crash could use some tweaks but bravo on this moveset and character I absolutely love it.

I actually like the bazooka. The thought of a shield/reflector (shine?) in the form of aku aku would be cool but... i dunno I kinda think the bazooka is more unique. But thats just me yeah know?

First off Bazooka maybe needs more frame on startup to make it come out slower, this is a completely uneducated guess but is it like a 15-20 (EDIT ITS PROBABLY 7 FRAMES SORRY) frame start-up? Ah I don't know sorry if I am coming off as a idiot. It needs to be increased by 5-7 frames me thinks. And in return putting away the bazooka should take half as many frames as it does now to compensate for the start up time.

Please note that this should only be considered if the bazooka will still be able to shoot through the stage in the future version.

The rate of fire and range is fine. i mean... the thing can fire through the freaking stages. This is a hardcore ness/lucas killer.

In regards to boxes, it has been mentioned that there has already been plans. BUT may i suggest that crash ANY CHARACTER be able to break the normal boxes thus extending whatever hitbox he has around the breaking box. Kinda like how wario farting on his bike is smash 4 extends the fart hit box. Also a little bounce effect (short hop vertical distance?) would be nice when jumping on TNT and normal boxes would be cool.

Not sure how to handle the box throwing start up, obviously you have played around with this a lot so i don't know. its obviously a very good move.

By the way whats the chances of pulling out a nitro box instead of a regular TNT or wumpa crate?

Last edited by squiithefish on Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Crimson Heights
Level 4 CPU

Hyperbeam Canon

PostSubject: Re: Crash Bandicoot Discussion   Crash Bandicoot Discussion EmptyThu Jan 29, 2015 6:14 pm

What kind of job let's you play a video game when it's slow? Tell me I wanna sign up!

Crash is really a unique character in the roster. That's what I like about Crusade so far, you have fighters that have very different movesets.
Back to top Go down
Slissith

Slissith

( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

PostSubject: Re: Crash Bandicoot Discussion   Crash Bandicoot Discussion EmptyThu Jan 29, 2015 7:00 pm

It'd be cool if Crash could pull out bounce boxes (wooden boxes with an yellow arrow on them that goes up, especially useful for bouncing in the games). The benefit to them would be that you could throw other boxes onto them, making them bounce!
Back to top Go down
SP

cellularSP

PostSubject: Re: Crash Bandicoot Discussion   Crash Bandicoot Discussion EmptyThu Jan 29, 2015 8:51 pm

Thanks for the compliments on the moveset, a few people collaborated and put it together.

For the chance for a crate, TNT, or Nitro, Im pretty sure its random. Im not sure if some appear more than others, though. I do know that nitros are deadly.
Back to top Go down
squiithefish
Level 1 CPU
squiithefish

PostSubject: Re: Crash Bandicoot Discussion   Crash Bandicoot Discussion EmptyThu Jan 29, 2015 9:28 pm

StayPuft wrote:
Thanks for the compliments on the moveset, a few people collaborated and put it together.

For the chance for a crate, TNT, or Nitro, Im pretty sure its random. Im not sure if some appear more than others, though. I do know that nitros are deadly.

Random? ah ok. I think its 1 out of 9 chance for nitro but I could be wrong. 4 out of ten for TNT? Eh i dunno

Crimson Heights wrote:
What kind of job let's you play a video game when it's slow? Tell me I wanna sign up!

Crash is really a unique character in the roster. That's what I like about Crusade so far, you have fighters that have very different movesets.

Ah i work at home doing call center work. its pretty swag tbh.

And i love crash in this game
Back to top Go down
FunkyPanda_
Level 1 CPU
FunkyPanda_

PostSubject: Re: Crash Bandicoot Discussion   Crash Bandicoot Discussion EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 7:36 pm

Lets Talk Some Facts Crash Is HardCore Campy GoodNess
AnyOne Who is Anyone That Won Crusade Matches
Would Know that But What I want to Address
ARE HIS SKIN COLORS Can We See A purple Skin
What about A Green Skin

I Love Crash As He Is my New Main If you love crash Tell me what you like?
Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

PostSubject: Re: Crash Bandicoot Discussion   Crash Bandicoot Discussion EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 9:37 pm

6/12 for normal crate, 5/12 for TNT, 1/12 for Nitro
Back to top Go down
Mp3 Toaster

Mp3 Toaster

Lucario
  Mp3_Toaster

PostSubject: Re: Crash Bandicoot Discussion   Crash Bandicoot Discussion EmptySun Feb 08, 2015 8:48 am

So what is the general consensus for his voice? As of now it seems like that it's not popular. But I ask this here anyway so I can tell if I am correct on this or not.
Back to top Go down
Slissith

Slissith

( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

PostSubject: Re: Crash Bandicoot Discussion   Crash Bandicoot Discussion EmptySun Feb 08, 2015 8:49 am

Mp3 Toaster wrote:
So what is the general consensus for his voice? As of now it seems like that it's not popular. But I ask this here anyway so I can tell if I am correct on this or not.

> Whoa
> Jump Sounds
Back to top Go down
Johnny64

Johnny64

Snake

PostSubject: Re: Crash Bandicoot Discussion   Crash Bandicoot Discussion EmptyMon Feb 09, 2015 9:35 pm

Mp3 Toaster wrote:

I would had loved the old PS1 era voice, but this one fits it nice.

Where are the voices from? Mind Over Mutant? something new?
Back to top Go down
SP

cellularSP

PostSubject: Re: Crash Bandicoot Discussion   Crash Bandicoot Discussion EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 5:58 am

His current voice is from Crash Nitro Kart.
Back to top Go down
HypeConduit
Level 6 CPU
HypeConduit

Klonoa
  XMister_RatburnX

PostSubject: Re: Crash Bandicoot Discussion   Crash Bandicoot Discussion EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 10:53 am

For those of you that watched the tournament, do any of you remember the Crash player shield breaking with neutral special? Is this an intentional use of the move, or is it an oversight?

It makes a lot of sense at first, but keep in mind that almost all shield breakers in Smash Bros have a fair amount of startup time. I'm aware that Neutral Special isn't an instant shield breaker, but it seems like an almost inescapable move in that situation. (however dire that may be may require a couple personal tests.)
Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

PostSubject: Re: Crash Bandicoot Discussion   Crash Bandicoot Discussion EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 12:59 pm

It was an oversight with shieldstun too high, it has been taken out. The first hitbox is intended to be strong including in shield damage but every hitbox after that when mashing B is supposed to be weak and punishable. Shield stun was too high on these later ones and you couldnt get out of your shield.
Back to top Go down
Falcon8r

Falcon8r

PostSubject: Re: Crash Bandicoot Discussion   Crash Bandicoot Discussion EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 2:13 pm

Perfect Hell wrote:
It was an oversight with shieldstun too high, it has been taken out.  The first hitbox is intended to be strong including in shield damage but every hitbox after that when mashing B is supposed to be weak and punishable.  Shield stun was too high on these later ones and you couldnt get out of your shield.

Why is there no shield pushback on this move? Seems like that would help to alleviate the issue at least when near edges. In fact, if the push back was high enough, it could even make it impossible or much more difficult to break shields with this move.

Though I agree. Lowering shield stun would also probably do the trick, just being mindful of frame traps.
Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

PostSubject: Re: Crash Bandicoot Discussion   Crash Bandicoot Discussion EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 8:28 pm

Shield pushback actually cant be altered on a hitbox as a property, it's purely in the engine based on various variables, none of which i want to change on this move. Shieldstun is the best option.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Crash Bandicoot Discussion   Crash Bandicoot Discussion Empty

Back to top Go down

Crash Bandicoot Discussion
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next