Share | 

Crash Bandicoot Discussion

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Falcon8r

PostSubject: Re: Crash Bandicoot Discussion   Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:05 pm

Perfect Hell wrote:
Shield pushback actually cant be altered on a hitbox as a property, it's purely in the engine based on various variables, none of which i want to change on this move.  Shieldstun is the best option.

I think in general shield pushback is a bit low in this version though. In fact, it seems odd that so many moves have 0 pushback. Even in older versions there was some push back on just about everything. Is this somehow related to the fact that a lot of wavedashes also got shorter?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Perfect Hell

PostSubject: Re: Crash Bandicoot Discussion   Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:28 pm

Not related. It'll increase though.

SSBC Head Character Balancer

SSBC Programmer

SSBC Back Room Founder

SSF2 Back Room Member

Competitive discussion is what I do

Crusade Movesets:  projectcrusade.forumotion.com/t1613-pending-moveset-topic#45702
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Braystar
Level 7 CPU

Waluigi
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Crash Bandicoot Discussion   Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:26 pm

With the crates, another type could be the iron crate, that would have better damage and knockback, but low throw angle and can't be broken, it must despawn naturally. Bonus: Could break other crates when thrown
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AmareTSM

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Crash Bandicoot Discussion   Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:59 am

I feel we could make Down B feel less awkward without removing it by switching around some of his specials. Here are my ideas:

Neutral Special: Wumpa Bazooka (Former Down Special).
Side Special: Spin Attack (Former Neutral Special).
Down Special: Crates (Former Side Special).

I know some of this might seem a bit weird, but hear me out.

Wumpa Bazooka is Neutral Special to help it feel less awkward. Part of why it sucked (for me at least) is because whenever I would pull it out, I would be aiming down, because, I press Down B, and by the time I adjusted, I was already getting hit. By moving it to N-Spec, it's already aiming directly in front of him and ready to go. I also think this move should have much less start up and end time so it can be used like a normal projectile; as of right now it can BARELY edgegaurd. Maybe it could fire individual shots, but I feel like that would make the move less unique.

Spin Attack (I'm sure there's a proper name for it) is now Side Special. The only reason I'm making this change is to make room for the other two changes; it was perfectly fine as Neutral Special.

The Crates are now Down Special. This is because most "items" are Down Specials. Not a crucial reason, but I thought it made more sense. While I understand that the move isn't technically an "item" it behaves like one and I feel like it should be treated as one in this sense. I could also see Spin Attack as D-Spec and this staying at Side-Spec, but I felt like this change was more ideal.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MonadoBoy16
Level 4 CPU

Crash Bandicoot
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Crash Bandicoot Discussion   Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:28 am

WHOA!!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Braystar
Level 7 CPU

Waluigi
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Crash Bandicoot Discussion   Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:37 pm

Thanks for adding that comment here, that truly did contribute to the post in a very meaningful way
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Captain Berzerk
Level 3 CPU

Krystal
  20GX_Berzerk

PostSubject: Re: Crash Bandicoot Discussion   Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:38 pm

Well heres some good crash info
in 9.1.1 as of rn hes known as "3 Moves The Character" for a reason Box Toss, Spin , and Down Air is all u need to use as crash to get Wins and or a Extent of easy win streaks

View user profile
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: Crash Bandicoot Discussion   Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:37 am

AmareTSM wrote:
I feel we could make Down B feel less awkward without removing it by switching around some of his specials. Here are my ideas:

Wumpa Bazooka is Neutral Special to help it feel less awkward. Part of why it sucked (for me at least) is because whenever I would pull it out, I would be aiming down, because, I press Down B, and by the time I adjusted, I was already getting hit. By moving it to N-Spec, it's already aiming directly in front of him and ready to go. I also think this move should have much less start up and end time so it can be used like a normal projectile; as of right now it can BARELY edgegaurd. Maybe it could fire individual shots, but I feel like that would make the move less unique.

Spin Attack (I'm sure there's a proper name for it) is now Side Special. The only reason I'm making this change is to make room for the other two changes; it was perfectly fine as Neutral Special.

The Crates are now Down Special. This is because most "items" are Down Specials. Not a crucial reason, but I thought it made more sense. While I understand that the move isn't technically an "item" it behaves like one and I feel like it should be treated as one in this sense. I could also see Spin Attack as D-Spec and this staying at Side-Spec, but I felt like this change was more ideal.

I couldn't agree more and willing to bet that Crash players will feel much more comfortable.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
crazybark
Level 4 CPU

Klonoa
  crazybark

PostSubject: Re: Crash Bandicoot Discussion   Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:27 am

why not just make the aiming of the bazooka faster and the exiting of it faster
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MonadoBoy16
Level 4 CPU

Crash Bandicoot
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Crash Bandicoot Discussion   Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:06 am

Perfect Hell wrote:
6/12 for normal crate, 5/12 for TNT, 1/12 for Nitro
6/12 simplified is 1/2
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MonkeyDLenny
Level 1 CPU

PAC-MAN
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Crash Bandicoot Discussion   Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:35 am

Smash King wrote:
AmareTSM wrote:

I couldn't agree more and willing to bet that Crash players will feel much more comfortable.

I too am very on board with this line of thinking
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Crash Bandicoot Discussion   

Back to top Go down

Crash Bandicoot Discussion
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2