Project Crusade Community

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Online (hamachi / evolve) frequent disconnects

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
lemonlime
Level 1 CPU

Online (hamachi / evolve) frequent disconnects Empty
PostSubject: Online (hamachi / evolve) frequent disconnects   Online (hamachi / evolve) frequent disconnects EmptySat Sep 27, 2014 4:01 am

Hey guys
I just found out about ssbc tonight and im super stoked about it. I'm a pc gamer at heart, but ive been a huge fan of the console series (admittedly the only reason i purchased a Wii to begin with), and have several friends in the same boat. Not sure this exactly fits under the bug section, but if it does, feel free to move it Smile

Tried out the multiplayer over hamachi and evolve - and it is fantastically fun - when it works. the problem is, even when we have no connection issues otherwise, we get pretty frequent time outs. doesn't matter which program we use. we both have steady 40mbps+ connections and live very close to each other. we have also played games over hamachi with no issues. Not sure why the time outs are happening. anyone have any suggestions or ideas how we can get the game running a little more stable?

note: I checked my windows firewall - evolve, hamachi, and ssbc are all allowed via wan and lan, and had my buddy check the same. there really shouldn't be any connection issues to speak of.
Back to top Go down
Nights Owl
Level 4 CPU
Nights Owl

PostSubject: Re: Online (hamachi / evolve) frequent disconnects   Online (hamachi / evolve) frequent disconnects EmptySat Sep 27, 2014 8:13 am

I'll try to be as helpful as I can be. I'm no expert.

I know hamachi can cause D/C issues with certain things. I've experienced it myself. Your best bet is to learn how to port forward and try then with a direct connect instead of tunneling through Hamachi or Evolve. Though it could be that Crusades online is still a bit buggy, as someone from yesterday couldn't join or host a game without someone being timed out or disconnected immediately.
Back to top Go down
lemonlime
Level 1 CPU

PostSubject: Re: Online (hamachi / evolve) frequent disconnects   Online (hamachi / evolve) frequent disconnects EmptySat Sep 27, 2014 12:48 pm

I don't think it's an issue specifically with hamachi, because we tried evolve as well, and have had no trouble playing other games through hamachi. It may be a compatibility issue between ssbc and hamachi but it seems others are able to use it successfully. I would prefer not to broadcast my ip even if just to my friends, although i may be willing to if its the only way to play :p
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Online (hamachi / evolve) frequent disconnects   Online (hamachi / evolve) frequent disconnects Empty

Back to top Go down

Online (hamachi / evolve) frequent disconnects
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1