Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 14 BklTYr4

Project Crusade Community

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 21 ... 28  Next
AuthorMessage
Gamey DJ
Level 6 CPU
Gamey DJ

nah

Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 14 EmptyFri Aug 29, 2014 7:33 pm

I just cant wait to see duck hunt dog's newcomer video. That will be sweet. Plus am I the only one hype for that smash bros music CD?
Back to top Go down
Dr. CanadianBacon
Level 6 CPU
Dr. CanadianBacon

Dr.CanadianBacon

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 14 EmptyFri Aug 29, 2014 7:46 pm

StayPuft wrote:
Dry wrote:
Maybe the logic was that DHD "replaces" ICs as a retro rep?

Not saying that that's a satisfactory reason (it's not), but it's probably what's going through their heads.

The only real disappointment on the roster for me was Lucina, and only because she's a clone. I'm fine with Dark Pit and Dr. Mario, because being easy to make means they're unlikely to take a spot away from another character. Kid Icarus doesn't really have many other reps, and there isn't a cap on Mario series reps. Lucina though, is different. Just like the other two, she's easy to make, but this time she does take another character's place. It's highly unlikely that there would be five or more Fire Emblem reps. Most people were expecting two or three, and were surprised by four. So Lucina has actually actively prevented Roy's return. That's my one gripe done.

It'd be interesting to see how Shulk is balanced. The cynic in me is facepalming already.

Clone replacing a clone, much disappointment

Yeah... I also feel like if Lucina wasn't in, there'd be nobody to fill her place honestly, just my thoughts though.
Back to top Go down
C_Mill24
Level 9 CPU
C_Mill24

C-Mill24

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 14 EmptyFri Aug 29, 2014 9:58 pm

Dr. CanadianBacon wrote:
StayPuft wrote:
Dry wrote:

Not saying that that's a satisfactory reason (it's not), but it's probably what's going through their heads.

The only real disappointment on the roster for me was Lucina, and only because she's a clone. I'm fine with Dark Pit and Dr. Mario, because being easy to make means they're unlikely to take a spot away from another character. Kid Icarus doesn't really have many other reps, and there isn't a cap on Mario series reps. Lucina though, is different. Just like the other two, she's easy to make, but this time she does take another character's place. It's highly unlikely that there would be five or more Fire Emblem reps. Most people were expecting two or three, and were surprised by four. So Lucina has actually actively prevented Roy's return. That's my one gripe done.

It'd be interesting to see how Shulk is balanced. The cynic in me is facepalming already.

Yeah... I also feel like if Lucina wasn't in, there'd be nobody to fill her place honestly, just my thoughts though.
Waifu is in Smash so I'm happy. Yeah she's a clone, but she'll most likely have a different playstyle than Marth, so there is some variety, but not much.
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 14 EmptySat Aug 30, 2014 1:41 am

anyone knows what happened at that conference at PAX?
Back to top Go down
Dustination

Mach Rider
  Dustination

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 14 EmptySat Aug 30, 2014 1:50 am

They said everything that was disclosed at the conference will remain behind closed doors until the Japanese release
Back to top Go down
https://projectcrusade.forumotion.com/
Dry

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 14 EmptySat Aug 30, 2014 2:55 am

C_Mill24 wrote:
Dr. CanadianBacon wrote:
StayPuft wrote:
Dry wrote:

Waifu is in Smash so I'm happy. Yeah she's a clone, but she'll most likely have a different playstyle than Marth, so there is some variety, but not much.

Well, I meant Roy returning in that he would be a de-cloned character. Lucina is similar enough to Marth to emulate him in the FE games, so she'd inevitably have clone-like qualities. Roy is much more different, and in fact we have our own moveset that changes him considerably. He wouldn't have been a Marth clone in Melee if he wasn't last-minute. So it's more like clone replacing a de-cloned character, much disappointment.
Back to top Go down
HypeConduit
Level 6 CPU
HypeConduit

Klonoa
  XMister_RatburnX

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 14 EmptySat Aug 30, 2014 3:41 am

Dry wrote:
Roy is much more different, and in fact we have our own moveset that changes him considerably.
Which moveset? Are you talking about a post, or are you talking about Crusade?
Back to top Go down
MercuryHg34

MercuryHg34

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 14 EmptySat Aug 30, 2014 4:23 am

HypeConduit wrote:
Dry wrote:
Roy is much more different, and in fact we have our own moveset that changes him considerably.
Which moveset? Are you talking about a post, or are you talking about Crusade?
Crusade
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 14 EmptySat Aug 30, 2014 4:36 am

Dustination wrote:
They said everything that was disclosed at the conference will remain behind closed doors until the Japanese release

thats stupid. then why bother making the public announcement of this closed conference in the first place?
Back to top Go down
Dr. CanadianBacon
Level 6 CPU
Dr. CanadianBacon

Dr.CanadianBacon

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 14 EmptySat Aug 30, 2014 7:09 am

Smash King wrote:
Dustination wrote:

thats stupid. then why bother making the public announcement of this closed conference in the first place?

I agree. Sorry for announcing it, I honestly thought stuff would be revealed, but alas, nothing.
I am curious what was discussed though... Damn it Sakurai.
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 14 EmptySat Aug 30, 2014 7:19 am

Smash King wrote:
Dustination wrote:

It really wasn't publicly announced. The only reason we knew it was going to happen was GameXplain. They probably figured that because everybody was going to be a PAX they should use the opportunity to give the press a head start.
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Ganonthegreat/
SP

cellularSP

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 14 EmptySat Aug 30, 2014 5:10 pm

Dry wrote:
C_Mill24 wrote:
Dr. CanadianBacon wrote:
StayPuft wrote:
Dry wrote:

Well, I meant Roy returning in that he would be a de-cloned character. Lucina is similar enough to Marth to emulate him in the FE games, so she'd inevitably have clone-like qualities. Roy is much more different, and in fact we have our own moveset that changes him considerably. He wouldn't have been a Marth clone in Melee if he wasn't last-minute. So it's more like clone replacing a de-cloned character, much disappointment.

Thats implying Sakurai would actually declone him
Back to top Go down
Dry

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 14 EmptySun Aug 31, 2014 1:25 am

Hm. Do you think Sakurai makes clones for the sake of making clones? I always thought it was more the fact that cloned characters (all the Melee ones, some of the Brawl ones, even Luigi in SSB64) were last-minute additions, and they'd certainly be more different if there had been the time.
Back to top Go down
SP

cellularSP

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 14 EmptySun Aug 31, 2014 8:05 am

Well Sakurai would probably make him different in a few varying areas

but looking at someone like Ganondorf who at the bare-bones is still captain falcon despite changes, I wouldn't believe that Sakurai would fully de-clone Roy
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 14 EmptyTue Sep 02, 2014 12:28 am

Wow today's POTD pretty much changed everything.

All-Star Mode is available from the start with characters added as you unlock them. Sakurai says the way to tell if there are still more characters to come is if there's a lock on the All-Star screen.

This is hugely significant to everybody following the leak. The menu screen shown for the leak contained a lock which means there's a very strong chance that the roster shown was incomplete and there still is more to come. Also a lot of people were worried because in the 5 minute trailer that accidentally confirmed Ganondorf there was a shot of All-Star Mode that featured Ridley's year but with a stunning lack of him.
Back to top Go down
Dr. CanadianBacon
Level 6 CPU
Dr. CanadianBacon

Dr.CanadianBacon

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 14 EmptyTue Sep 02, 2014 6:36 am

This is a good way to have all-star mode, because it wouldn't be difficult to add DLC!
Sakurai you genius.
Back to top Go down
Gamey DJ
Level 6 CPU
Gamey DJ

nah

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 14 EmptyTue Sep 02, 2014 8:27 pm

I just had a thought with this all star mode and the leaks.
and its in here. Leak spoilers:
Well? Any objections?
Back to top Go down
Dustination

Mach Rider
  Dustination

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 14 EmptyTue Sep 02, 2014 8:39 pm

Gamey DJ wrote:
I just had a thought with this all star mode and the leaks.
and its in here. Leak spoilers:
Well? Any objections?

I don't think there will be any character reveals after the Japanese version releases.
Back to top Go down
https://projectcrusade.forumotion.com/
Dr. CanadianBacon
Level 6 CPU
Dr. CanadianBacon

Dr.CanadianBacon

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 14 EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 4:55 am

Today's pic of the day shows every Samus outfit possible, it's pretty cool. I think one of them is also in Project M (Light Suit). Seeing that every character is having 8 costumes, that means there are 8 Pikachu hats, and 8 Jigglypuff hats. That's pretty neat.
Back to top Go down
ZS
Level 6 CPU
ZS

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 14 EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 6:20 am

One of them being Dark Samus. At least you can play as her, somewhat.
Back to top Go down
Dry

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 14 EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 9:49 am

Wait so are Lucina, Dark Pit and Dr. Mario alternate costumes? Are they playable characters? Would the second option make any sense at all?
Back to top Go down
HypeConduit
Level 6 CPU
HypeConduit

Klonoa
  XMister_RatburnX

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 14 EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 10:33 am

Dry wrote:
Wait so are Lucina, Dark Pit and Dr. Mario alternate costumes? Are they playable characters? Would the second option make any sense at all?

Lucina is a completely different character, and Dark Pit and Dr. Mario are expected to be as well.
Back to top Go down
Zoro90
Level 2 CPU
Zoro90

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 14 EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 11:00 am

i look the news characters

this killager

and this wft

and this STilt

this is good hein?  I love you
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 14 EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 11:18 am

I must say with characters like Robin, WFT, Villager and Mii's, Sakurai really seems to have a thing for non-descriptive human analogs.
Back to top Go down
HypeConduit
Level 6 CPU
HypeConduit

Klonoa
  XMister_RatburnX

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 14 EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 12:42 pm

Ganonthegreat wrote:
I must say with characters like Robin, WFT, Villager and Mii's, Sakurai really seems to have a thing for non-descriptive human analogs.

With fill-in-the-blanks characters like these, some players will probably have an easier time sinking in to Smash 4's environment. You have to admit, it's probably hard to place yourself in the shoes of characters like Shulk and Pit who have definitive profiles from a single game.
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 14 EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 12:59 pm

HypeConduit wrote:
Ganonthegreat wrote:

With fill-in-the-blanks characters like these, some players will probably have an easier time sinking in to Smash 4's environment. You have to admit, it's probably hard to place yourself in the shoes of characters like Shulk and Pit who have definitive profiles from a single game.
I suppose Robin has character, I don't think he/she's a silent protagonist. The other yeah they're pretty emotionless.
Back to top Go down
Dr. CanadianBacon
Level 6 CPU
Dr. CanadianBacon

Dr.CanadianBacon

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 14 EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 1:03 pm

Ganonthegreat wrote:
HypeConduit wrote:
Ganonthegreat wrote:

I suppose Robin has character, I don't think he/she's a silent protagonist. The other yeah they're pretty emotionless.

Robin does indeed have a character, I love his character (I recently bought Fire Emblem Awakening, great game honestly).

But I do agree with the other 3... probably because I only used the default Robin since I felt it was fitting.
Back to top Go down
HypeConduit
Level 6 CPU
HypeConduit

Klonoa
  XMister_RatburnX

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 14 EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 3:01 pm

I think of it at first as sort of a silly thing, but the more I think about it, Gender swaps for every character would be really, really cool. I obviously wouldn't ever suggest it to be put in the game, but if it were to happen, that would be neat. There's probably a good handful of characters you wouldn't want to see swapped, but regardless, it'd be interesting. If the Wii U ever gets full mod potential, I know what mod I'll be seeing first.
Back to top Go down
Dry

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 14 EmptyThu Sep 04, 2014 1:58 am

HypeConduit wrote:
There's probably a good handful of characters you wouldn't want to see swapped, but regardless, it'd be interesting. If the Wii U ever gets full mod potential, I know what mod I'll be seeing first.

By that you mean every character with a canon gender?
Back to top Go down
HypeConduit
Level 6 CPU
HypeConduit

Klonoa
  XMister_RatburnX

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 14 EmptyThu Sep 04, 2014 1:02 pm

Dry wrote:
HypeConduit wrote:
There's probably a good handful of characters you wouldn't want to see swapped, but regardless, it'd be interesting. If the Wii U ever gets full mod potential, I know what mod I'll be seeing first.

By that you mean every character with a canon gender?

Hey man, to each their own.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 14 Empty

Back to top Go down

Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 14 of 28Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 21 ... 28  Next