Why the heck is Waluigi so short in this game? BklTYr4

Project Crusade Community

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Why the heck is Waluigi so short in this game?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
mikeyn1gm
Level 3 CPU

Why the heck is Waluigi so short in this game? Empty
PostSubject: Why the heck is Waluigi so short in this game?   Why the heck is Waluigi so short in this game? EmptyMon Apr 21, 2014 9:19 pm

He's at least around Captain Falcon's Height.  (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxxDXt85iUc)

By any chance can he get a resprite like other characters including Goku?

This honestly was weird to me for a long time with Crusade but seeing as the other characters getting resprites, I'm putting it out there.

Another thing is that his Rep symbol just changed in SSB4 which is something I liked because I always argued that he should represent as a "Wario" character instead of a "Mario" character...... (https://i.imgur.com/yZ1gxTK.png)

Will his rep symbol change here too?

I always argued in other places that there was never any official statement that Smash Bros. went by whether a said character had to appear in the game of a franchise (In this case Waluigi being in a Wario game) to rep the symbol. This is something that Fans "Assumed" and have been following religiously for understandable reasons but now it takes a character like Waluigi to prove that wrong and that the symbol representation possibly has to do more with the strong influence, relationship and ties with the main character of the representation (In this case, it's important to note that Waluigi exists because of Wario not Mario who has his own symbol and set of games).

Either way, The main problem is his size for sure and I don't know how that hasn't been obvious lol.
Back to top Go down
Dustination

Mach Rider
  Dustination

PostSubject: Re: Why the heck is Waluigi so short in this game?   Why the heck is Waluigi so short in this game? EmptyMon Apr 21, 2014 10:01 pm

Waluigi is short because the old developers were "too lazy" to make their own sprites.
http://www.spriters-resource.com/resources/sheets/25/27504.png

You're going to have to wait and see which characters receive a resprite. If he does, he definitely is not at the front of the waiting list.

The symbol has already been looked into.
Back to top Go down
https://projectcrusade.forumotion.com/
mikeyn1gm
Level 3 CPU

PostSubject: Re: Why the heck is Waluigi so short in this game?   Why the heck is Waluigi so short in this game? EmptyTue Apr 22, 2014 2:20 am

Dustination wrote:
Waluigi is short because the old developers were "too lazy" to make their own sprites.
http://www.spriters-resource.com/resources/sheets/25/27504.png

You're going to have to wait and see which characters receive a resprite. If he does, he definitely is not at the front of the waiting list.

The symbol has already been looked into.

Thanks man. I thought you guys were always the same people developing the game.

Another small thing I wanna add is if you guys can make Wario's shoes green (Despite the fact that he legitimitaley had them purple in Wario Land 4 as you guys have him here).......if not then it's all cool, I'm just surprised nobody has ever made that small change to the Wario Land 4 sprite to perfect it.

"The symbol has already been looked into." - By that do you mean that the current symbol is final? or that you guys looked into the new symbol for him in the upcoming Nintendo game and are thinking about it?
Back to top Go down
SP

cellularSP

PostSubject: Re: Why the heck is Waluigi so short in this game?   Why the heck is Waluigi so short in this game? EmptyTue Apr 22, 2014 5:41 am

mikeyn1gm wrote:
Thanks man. I thought you guys were always the same people developing the game.

No, there was a hostile takeover a while back with much bloodshed and tears.

The old developers were told "screw you" and... we took over.

Not the prettiest thing, mind you. But still dark and spooky scary.

mikeyn1gm wrote:
Another small thing I wanna add is if you guys can make Wario's shoes green (Despite the fact that he legitimitaley had them purple in Wario Land 4 as you guys have him here).......if not then it's all cool, I'm just surprised nobody has ever made that small change to the Wario Land 4 sprite to perfect it.

Its arguably too much effort for a small detail like shoes...

mikeyn1gm wrote:
"The symbol has already been looked into." - By that do you mean that the current symbol is final? or that you guys looked into the new symbol for him in the upcoming Nintendo game and are thinking about it?

We mean that his icon is actually the Dragon Ball Z one now.
Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

PostSubject: Re: Why the heck is Waluigi so short in this game?   Why the heck is Waluigi so short in this game? EmptyTue Apr 22, 2014 11:11 am

We dont have to resprite him to make him taller, that can be coded.
Back to top Go down
mikeyn1gm
Level 3 CPU

PostSubject: Re: Why the heck is Waluigi so short in this game?   Why the heck is Waluigi so short in this game? EmptyTue Apr 22, 2014 12:13 pm

Can't shake the feeling that you guys are all being funny at the same time LMAO! xD

You guys got great personalities..........Whatever you do or don't do, Thanks for hearing me out! =D
Back to top Go down
Dustination

Mach Rider
  Dustination

PostSubject: Re: Why the heck is Waluigi so short in this game?   Why the heck is Waluigi so short in this game? EmptyTue Apr 22, 2014 3:04 pm

I doubt he could be coded to be taller without looking something like
Why the heck is Waluigi so short in this game? 6tBzQZS
But what do I know
I'd rather have short Waluigi than something like this lmfao
Back to top Go down
https://projectcrusade.forumotion.com/
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

PostSubject: Re: Why the heck is Waluigi so short in this game?   Why the heck is Waluigi so short in this game? EmptyTue Apr 22, 2014 3:28 pm

^ you're probably right, but i'll try it anyway just in case.
Back to top Go down
SP

cellularSP

PostSubject: Re: Why the heck is Waluigi so short in this game?   Why the heck is Waluigi so short in this game? EmptyTue Apr 22, 2014 5:07 pm

I wouldn't mind Waluigi eventually getting a resprite

(personally I think this is a helluva lot better than what we have now),

but he is definitely a much lower priority, as he doesn't look necessarily BAD, as opposed to someone like Yoshi or ZSS.
Back to top Go down
HypeConduit
Level 6 CPU
HypeConduit

Klonoa
  XMister_RatburnX

PostSubject: Re: Why the heck is Waluigi so short in this game?   Why the heck is Waluigi so short in this game? EmptyTue Apr 22, 2014 7:25 pm

StayPuft wrote:
...as opposed to someone like Yoshi or ZSS.

Yoshi looks pretty sketchy, but ZSS looks AWFUL... She should be like top 5 on the list.
Back to top Go down
mikeyn1gm
Level 3 CPU

PostSubject: Re: Why the heck is Waluigi so short in this game?   Why the heck is Waluigi so short in this game? EmptyWed Apr 23, 2014 12:41 am

HypeConduit wrote:
StayPuft wrote:
...as opposed to someone like Yoshi or ZSS.

Yoshi looks pretty sketchy, but ZSS looks AWFUL... She should be like top 5 on the list.

Whoever needs it the most.....of course it's understandable. I definitely thought Mega Man was high priority

I was just afraid that I was the only one who was bothered by his size......it's just sooo short for Waluigi lol
Back to top Go down
Z1GMA
Level 2 CPU
Z1GMA

PostSubject: Re: Why the heck is Waluigi so short in this game?   Why the heck is Waluigi so short in this game? EmptyThu May 15, 2014 10:18 am

Imma complain a bit as well, even though I shouldn't - I mean, I'm freeloading on a fun and great game.
Waluigi, imo, should be tall and lanky, like in Mario Tennis where he puts this to good use.
A character with a couple of weak long-range attacks, effective for poking.
I mean, come on. His current range is really bad.
A good Ftilt for him would be a weak, fast, straight forward Toe Kick that has amlost the range of Ridley's Ftilt.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why the heck is Waluigi so short in this game?   Why the heck is Waluigi so short in this game? Empty

Back to top Go down

Why the heck is Waluigi so short in this game?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1