View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

Waluigi Discussion  Empty
PostSubject: Waluigi Discussion    Waluigi Discussion  EmptyThu Oct 02, 2014 2:41 pm

Discuss, share opinions, ideas, etc. about Waluigi.
Back to top Go down
VultureDuck
Level 6 CPU
VultureDuck

PostSubject: Re: Waluigi Discussion    Waluigi Discussion  EmptyMon Apr 13, 2015 11:27 am

Waluigi Changes/Improvements:

*NSpecial: Sometimes, Waluigi can send a Bob-omb instead of a Tennis Ball. It has more power and knock-back, but it is rare/uncommon.

*(New) Side Special: Mischievous Vines
Waluigi snaps his finger downwards, summoning a pack of vines in front of him. Any opponent touching the vines will take damage, but pressing the side-special again will cause one of the vines to become sentient and whips the opponent if they get too close. If the opponent stands in front of Waluigi doing the move, the vines will capture the opponent and does chips damage, however they can't get knocked back. Doing the side-special again after the vines disappear, they would be smaller and weaker, so Waluigi has to wait a bit to make them good again.

*Air Side Special: Air Swimming
Waluigi swims on the air, covering himself with vines. It's more of a charging move, and the vines damages the opponents. However, this also counts as making the vines weaker again.

*(New) F-Air: Same animation as Mario's/Luigi's forward air in SSB:64

*(New) B-Air: Same animation as Mario's/Luigi's back air

*F-Smash: The same thing, but this time he holds his tennis racket, giving him more reach

*Waluigi does not have a glide anymore

Last edited by VultureDuck on Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
HypeConduit
Level 6 CPU
HypeConduit

Klonoa
  XMister_RatburnX

PostSubject: Re: Waluigi Discussion    Waluigi Discussion  EmptyMon Apr 13, 2015 6:21 pm

I like these changes, but I'd like to get a better visualization of his Grounded Side B.
Back to top Go down
VultureDuck
Level 6 CPU
VultureDuck

PostSubject: Re: Waluigi Discussion    Waluigi Discussion  EmptyMon Apr 13, 2015 7:18 pm

HypeConduit wrote:
I like these changes, but I'd like to get a better visualization of his Grounded Side B.
How about he snaps his fingers, after that he points at the ground while also leaving his thumb open. This shows that he is doing an upside-down L pose with his fingers.

Also, instead of the vines attacking randomly, pressing the side-special again will cause the vines to become sentient and attack the opponent close to them.
Back to top Go down
Dry

PostSubject: Re: Waluigi Discussion    Waluigi Discussion  EmptyTue Apr 14, 2015 1:44 am

Are you aware of grab and zair? Or do you want to have side B vines alongside the existing ones?
Back to top Go down
VultureDuck
Level 6 CPU
VultureDuck

PostSubject: Re: Waluigi Discussion    Waluigi Discussion  EmptyTue Apr 14, 2015 5:14 am

Dry wrote:
Are you aware of grab and zair? Or do you want to have side B vines alongside the existing ones?
Yep :3, personally I think the vines are important to Waluigi, but using them only as a grab (and z-air) dosen't give him any justice.

Last edited by VultureDuck on Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SP

cellularSP

PostSubject: Re: Waluigi Discussion    Waluigi Discussion  EmptyTue Apr 14, 2015 7:14 am

Doesn't Waluigi only use vines in like 1 game
Back to top Go down
VultureDuck
Level 6 CPU
VultureDuck

PostSubject: Re: Waluigi Discussion    Waluigi Discussion  EmptyTue Apr 14, 2015 7:37 am

StayPuft wrote:
Well considering that Waluigi doesn't have many games under his belt, and that his vines are the most interesting thing about him. I think it makes sense that it should be one of specials. I mean besides his tennis racket, what other specialties/weapons that Waluigi has that is different from other Mario character.
Back to top Go down
Dustination

Mach Rider
  Dustination

PostSubject: Re: Waluigi Discussion    Waluigi Discussion  EmptyTue Apr 14, 2015 8:38 am

VultureDuck wrote:
StayPuft wrote:
Well considering that Waluigi doesn't have many games under his belt, and that his vines are the most interesting thing about him. I think it makes sense that it should be one of specials. I mean besides his tennis racket, what other specialties/weapons that Waluigi has that is different from other Mario character.

What about his air swimming, which you removed?
It's present in more games than the vines.
Back to top Go down
https://projectcrusade.forumotion.com/
VultureDuck
Level 6 CPU
VultureDuck

PostSubject: Re: Waluigi Discussion    Waluigi Discussion  EmptyTue Apr 14, 2015 8:39 am

Dustination wrote:
VultureDuck wrote:
StayPuft wrote:

What about his air swimming, which you removed?
It's present in more games than the vines.
It didn't remove it, it's the side-special in the air.

"*Air Side Special: Air Swimming
Waluigi swims on the air, covering himself with vines. It's more of a charging move, and the vines damages the opponents. However, this also counts as making the vines weaker again."
Back to top Go down
Dustination

Mach Rider
  Dustination

PostSubject: Re: Waluigi Discussion    Waluigi Discussion  EmptyTue Apr 14, 2015 8:41 am

Oh shoot, my bad.
Back to top Go down
Slissith

Slissith

( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

PostSubject: Re: Waluigi Discussion    Waluigi Discussion  EmptyTue Apr 14, 2015 9:59 am

I don't like the changes, to be honest. The vines have only been in one sport game and shouldn't IMO make up an important percentage of Waluigi's moveset.

Last edited by Slissith on Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Waluigi Discussion    Waluigi Discussion  EmptyTue Apr 14, 2015 10:00 am

Actually, I think Air-Swimming should be his Up-B instead, to make Waluigi's wellknown gimmick of cheating more obvious (best recovery, but absolutely no damage and punishable as hell).
Also, his Final Smash is really boring and generic. I suggest to replace it with something based on Dance Dance Revolution, because Waluigi played a more-or-less important villian role in the Mario version of DDR.
Back to top Go down
MarioStrikerMurphy1994
Level 5 CPU
MarioStrikerMurphy1994

PostSubject: Re: Waluigi Discussion    Waluigi Discussion  EmptySat Jan 09, 2016 5:26 pm

Finally, I can enjoy using Waluigi as a playable character in a SSB game.

He's one of my most favourite Super Mario characters ever. I don't know what's wrong with Sakurai, but it's unfair he didn't added him as a Playable Character. However, I can say that his moveset in Crusade is very original, and it's a proof of being prejudicious about him is a wrong thing.

I don't think a change is needed by the moment XD...
Back to top Go down
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
Braystar

Waluigi
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Waluigi Discussion    Waluigi Discussion  EmptySun Jan 10, 2016 1:30 pm

I don't like his FS. I can just imagine Whirlwinds, that Bob-omb thing he had in Mario Sports Mix and DDR: Mario Mix all in one. And we need a WAH! attack. Love the BitF reference BTW
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Waluigi Discussion    Waluigi Discussion  EmptyMon Jan 11, 2016 5:59 am

Speaking of the WAH! attack, a Waluigi mod for Super Smash Bros Brawl has exactly that.
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: Waluigi Discussion    Waluigi Discussion  EmptyMon Jan 11, 2016 2:04 pm

WAA! would fit for a better final smash than the one we have currently.
Back to top Go down
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
Braystar

Waluigi
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Waluigi Discussion    Waluigi Discussion  EmptyMon Jan 11, 2016 2:04 pm

That's where I got it from, but I don't want it to be a Standard Special. That's just taking it straight up. Maybe as a finisher to a new FS? (Because the FS we have now isn't very original)
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: Waluigi Discussion    Waluigi Discussion  EmptyMon Jan 11, 2016 2:09 pm

What he does is that he stomps a lot, pulls out a Bob-omb, puts it between his buttcheeks and explodes the opponent.

At least it sounds something like what Waluigi would do.
Back to top Go down
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
Braystar

Waluigi
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Waluigi Discussion    Waluigi Discussion  EmptyMon Jan 11, 2016 2:12 pm

True, it does sound like something he would do, but it's just his Down B with a bob-omb.
Back to top Go down
King Proto
Level 5 CPU
King Proto

ProtoBlur

PostSubject: Re: Waluigi Discussion    Waluigi Discussion  EmptyMon Jan 11, 2016 3:05 pm

OmegaSteve777 wrote:
What he does is that he stomps a lot, pulls out a Bob-omb, puts it between his buttcheeks and explodes the opponent.

At least it sounds something like what Waluigi would do.
Why?! Ugh frog
Back to top Go down
Moats
Level 4 CPU
Moats

PostSubject: Re: Waluigi Discussion    Waluigi Discussion  EmptyMon Jan 11, 2016 11:57 pm

Braystar wrote:
I don't want it to be a Standard Special.
I really want it to be a standard special.
Back to top Go down
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
Braystar

Waluigi
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Waluigi Discussion    Waluigi Discussion  EmptyTue Jan 12, 2016 12:00 am

The only reason I say that is because it's just taking it from a mod someone else has made. We cold incorporate it into other places
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Waluigi Discussion    Waluigi Discussion  EmptyTue Jan 12, 2016 3:31 am

Hmm...let's see.
Forward Smash: WAH!
Neutral Special: Tennis (but now the racket can hit the opponent directly as well)
Side Special: Bob-Omb
Up Special: Air Swimming
Down Special: Waluigi Stomp
Final Smash: Dance Dance Revolution Waluigi Mix

Yup, that's a perfect Waluigi moveset mostly using Crusade's assets.
Back to top Go down
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
Braystar

Waluigi
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Waluigi Discussion    Waluigi Discussion  EmptyTue Jan 12, 2016 3:48 am

^^^^^^^^^
 ^
Back to top Go down
King Proto
Level 5 CPU
King Proto

ProtoBlur

PostSubject: Re: Waluigi Discussion    Waluigi Discussion  EmptyTue Jan 12, 2016 6:19 am

TrinitroMan wrote:
Hmm...let's see.
Forward Smash: WAH!
Neutral Special: Tennis (but now the racket can hit the opponent directly as well)
Side Special: Bob-Omb
Up Special: Air Swimming
Down Special: Waluigi Stomp
Final Smash: Dance Dance Revolution Waluigi Mix

Yup, that's a perfect Waluigi moveset mostly using Crusade's assets.
Please make this happen! Clap
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: Waluigi Discussion    Waluigi Discussion  EmptyTue Jan 12, 2016 2:11 pm

I feel as if the side special should just be the throwing of the bob-omb. It feels awkward using a side special and you stop moving to pick up something.
Back to top Go down
Dustination

Mach Rider
  Dustination

PostSubject: Re: Waluigi Discussion    Waluigi Discussion  EmptyTue Jan 12, 2016 2:12 pm

Has Waluigi actually ever used his voice to do damage or is it a meme
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: Waluigi Discussion    Waluigi Discussion  EmptyTue Jan 12, 2016 2:13 pm

It's a meme, but people seem to enjoy it.
Back to top Go down
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
Braystar

Waluigi
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Waluigi Discussion    Waluigi Discussion  EmptyTue Jan 12, 2016 2:27 pm

Wouldn't hurt if he could or not. WAH!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Waluigi Discussion    Waluigi Discussion  Empty

Back to top Go down

Waluigi Discussion
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next