Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 12 BklTYr4

Project Crusade Community

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 23 ... 34  Next
AuthorMessage
Dr. CanadianBacon
Level 6 CPU
Dr. CanadianBacon

Dr.CanadianBacon

Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 12 EmptyTue Apr 01, 2014 1:17 pm

That spring reminds me of Stage Builder, so, perhaps is this a stage-builder stage? Surprised
Back to top Go down
SP

cellularSP

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 12 EmptyTue Apr 01, 2014 1:34 pm

If it is I'm excited to see the new stage builder stuff cause the shown stage looks pretty neat
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 12 EmptyTue Apr 01, 2014 1:36 pm

Sakurai specifically mentions that it's a side-scrolling stage, so IMO stage builder is unlikely.

I did some looking around, the main guesses are that it's either an extension to Palutena's Temple, or it's Pandora's Tower. If it's Pandora's Tower, I'd say get hyped.
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Ganonthegreat/
SP

cellularSP

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 12 EmptyTue Apr 01, 2014 1:37 pm

Sakurai didn't specifically say it was scrolling

"Pic of the day. This may look like a side-scrolling action game, but it's actually one of the stages."
Back to top Go down
AEM

AEM

Ariand54321

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 12 EmptyWed Apr 02, 2014 2:36 am

much zelda item
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 12 EmptyWed Apr 02, 2014 2:48 am

Sakurai wrote:
Pic of the day. The Gust Bellows can blow opponents away with its powerful wind blasts. When someone drops it, though, the gusts run wild! Out of the new items, more than a few will be from The Legend of Zelda series. We'll take the most interesting and straightforward ones and reformulate them to match the Smash Bros. world.

Looks like we're getting even more Zelda items than the Beetle, Cucco, Fairy and Bellows too.
Back to top Go down
MercuryHg34

MercuryHg34

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 12 EmptyWed Apr 02, 2014 5:17 am

"Reformulate"

I think this is the word he's been using to base his balancing work on.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 12 EmptyWed Apr 02, 2014 6:35 pm

Ganonthegreat wrote:
Sakurai specifically mentions that it's a side-scrolling stage, so IMO stage builder is unlikely.

It would certainly be something if the SSB4 had a stage builder capable of making side-scrolling stages.
Back to top Go down
HypeConduit
Level 6 CPU
HypeConduit

Klonoa
  XMister_RatburnX

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 12 EmptyWed Apr 02, 2014 9:09 pm

I've always been a huge LBP2 addict, so if I wanted a change to the level editor, I would make it based on flexible objects rather than the weird, creepy required grid+blocks that were in Brawl. At least make the snapping optional; this by itself would please me. This all would probably just piss on the physics, however.
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 12 EmptyThu Apr 03, 2014 7:29 am

I don't think Sakurai has shown off anything yet that isn't a buff. I guess he's taking his idea of balancing this time from The Incredibles.
Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 12 EmptyThu Apr 03, 2014 1:28 pm

But they've all been buffs to characters who were bad before. And also showing nerfs does not garner hype.
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 12 EmptyFri Apr 04, 2014 1:14 am

http://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct/04-08-2014/

Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 12 Kerry-coombs-hyped

HYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPE

Anyway, I'm gonna' guess two + newcomers, and a couple of veterans and a release date.
Back to top Go down
SP

cellularSP

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 12 EmptyFri Apr 04, 2014 7:58 am

I'm expecting nothing so I'm pleasantly surprised if we get anything

Becoming excited just sets you up for disappointment and is probably the reason why a lot of the Smash Fanbase is unbearable to listen to
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 12 EmptyFri Apr 04, 2014 8:35 am

I can picture it now.

Sakurai wrote:
The current titles for this generation of Smash Bros has always been up for change. We are pleased to announce that the 3DS version of Smash Bros will be officially titled "Super Smash Bros. Crusade".
Back to top Go down
HypeConduit
Level 6 CPU
HypeConduit

Klonoa
  XMister_RatburnX

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 12 EmptyFri Apr 04, 2014 10:27 am

"Today, we'd like to announce that every Fsmash will be a OHK. Also, the roster is being reduced to Four characters. See you in 2024!

Signed:
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 12 EmptyFri Apr 04, 2014 12:48 pm

For those of you expecting a list of characters to be revealed at the Smash Direct this Tuesday, you're setting yourself up for disappointment.

I feel that we will get no more than 2 characters at most. 1 to make up for the character drought from March, while the other one is for this month. I think it will be a 3rd party character (like Snake) and/or the other one being a newcomer. I can't see Sakurai presenting us with a 1st/2nd party veteran on a Direct this special and would rather save that for POTD. So yea, 1 or 2 characters at most, imo.

Honestly, we will get a lot of information. However, I think a majority of the direct will focus heavy on contents of the game that is not relating to the usual VS Mode. Things like 1P Mode, Online, Trophies, etc. Since these things may likely require a presentation like this because a POTD doesn't really explain it as much as Sakurai wants it to.

Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 12 EmptyFri Apr 04, 2014 1:34 pm

I'm personally setting my expectations high, but no matter what they unveil I'll be happy, so long as it's merely something.
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 12 EmptySat Apr 05, 2014 2:17 am

DP, but I just realised that will all the hype over the Direct we completely overlooked that there was a Animal Crossing AT unveiled.

What do you guys think of it? Apparently she throws healing items out like food, which is strange because I expected if anybody should be in that role it should be Nook. He runs the shop after all and he's arguably the most well known AC character. This also means that Resetti is looking unlikely to return, but I don't think anybody will be sad about this.
Back to top Go down
C_Mill24
Level 9 CPU
C_Mill24

C-Mill24

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 12 EmptySat Apr 05, 2014 7:11 am

I personally believe, as of right now, Isabelle has more popularity than Tom Nook (for the right and wrong reasons), so it would make sense having Isabelle an assist trophy. Besides, Isabelle is more likely to help someone out more than Tom Nook would.
Back to top Go down
SP

cellularSP

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 12 EmptySat Apr 05, 2014 8:00 am

Nook doesn't run the shop in the newest Animal Crossing, he runs a real estate office which is pretty different

Isabelle is the one who helps you through the beginning of the game and she actually gives you fruit non-native to your town at the beginning so I think it makes perfect sense

Plus she's kinda popular so huhu
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 12 EmptySat Apr 05, 2014 9:48 pm

more furbait is always necessary
Back to top Go down
HypeConduit
Level 6 CPU
HypeConduit

Klonoa
  XMister_RatburnX

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 12 EmptySun Apr 06, 2014 6:12 am

Can I safely assume that the PotDs will be postponed for the ND's preparation?
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 12 EmptySun Apr 06, 2014 6:29 am

POTD are never on weekends
Back to top Go down
Dr. CanadianBacon
Level 6 CPU
Dr. CanadianBacon

Dr.CanadianBacon

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 12 EmptySun Apr 06, 2014 6:36 am

I think he means for tomorrow, and I don't think they'll be postponed, a picture doesn't take much effort to take, SNAP DONE. So yeah, still expecting pics.
Back to top Go down
HypeConduit
Level 6 CPU
HypeConduit

Klonoa
  XMister_RatburnX

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 12 EmptySun Apr 06, 2014 6:42 am

Smash King wrote:
POTD are never on weekends

Oh Jeez I didn't even notice Facepalm 
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 12 EmptySun Apr 06, 2014 6:49 am

Nah, in the event of a Direct where they unveil a new character what they tend to do is update as normal, then release a second POTD when the Direct is over.
Back to top Go down
GoldenYuiitusin
Level 5 CPU
GoldenYuiitusin

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 12 EmptySun Apr 06, 2014 9:59 am

Little Mac's case was different.
His pic counted for that Friday's pic because of the Direct being much later than usual.
Since this Direct will be late as well, whatever reveals we get with have the picture up after the Direct, but we won't get another pic until Thursday.

....If it goes as normal. There could very well be a different method since this Direct is specifically a Smash one.
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 12 EmptyMon Apr 07, 2014 2:24 am

Damn that Metroid looks sleek, it really makes me want an HD Metroid game.

Come on though Sakurai, we all know which Metroid character we want to see.
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Dr. CanadianBacon
Level 6 CPU
Dr. CanadianBacon

Dr.CanadianBacon

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 12 EmptyMon Apr 07, 2014 4:10 am

Yay for Metroids. With all the assist trophies announced so far, it makes me think we're going to see a lot more assist trophies that are based off Nintendo's main series, which is nice. Because I didn't know what a lot of Brawl's assist trophies were (And I still don't, what's that thing in the drill tank/car? Seriously that thing is weird)

Also that Metroid is beautiful
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 12 EmptyMon Apr 07, 2014 4:45 am

Dr. CanadianBacon wrote:
Yay for Metroids. With all the assist trophies announced so far, it makes me think we're going to see a lot more assist trophies that are based off Nintendo's main series, which is nice. Because I didn't know what a lot of Brawl's assist trophies were (And I still don't, what's that thing in the drill tank/car? Seriously that thing is weird)

Also that Metroid is beautiful
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 12 Empty

Back to top Go down

Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 12 of 34Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 23 ... 34  Next