Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 10 BklTYr4

Project Crusade Community

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 22 ... 34  Next
AuthorMessage

Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 10 EmptyMon Mar 17, 2014 4:54 am

MercuryHg34 wrote:
Ultimate special attacks should be a meter system like every other fighting game
Smash Bros. isn't a fighting game
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 10 EmptyMon Mar 17, 2014 5:02 am

notbro wrote:
MercuryHg34 wrote:
Ultimate special attacks should be a meter system like every other fighting game
Smash Bros. isn't a fighting game
It is a game where the sole goal is to kick the crap out of the other player, it's a fighting game.

As for the meter, I'd like to see it added as an option, but I realy do like the friendly nature of the Smash Ball. It makes it a lot easier to get the hang of for new players and it makes it very accessible.

Last edited by Ganonthegreat on Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Ganonthegreat/
HypeConduit
Level 6 CPU
HypeConduit

Klonoa
  XMister_RatburnX

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 10 EmptyMon Mar 17, 2014 5:02 am

The smash ball coming back is not a suprise at all. However, just like items, they distract players from the match's objective. Alot of the players who grab the smash ball do it just to take it away from other players. I'm not whining about any of the individual smashes per se, but the smash ball is a stain on Smash Bros.
Back to top Go down
Ness_64
Level 4 CPU
Ness_64

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 10 EmptyMon Mar 17, 2014 9:12 am

It's supposed to be a distraction, to mix things up. But the players still can (and probably will) beat the crap out of each other to stop others from getting it. In some cases this may end without anyone getting it at all, if both/all players are skilled enough.
And this mechanic was supposed to be implemented in 64, so if they did that back then, you probably wouldn't be complaining as much now - and there's many reasons I'm saying this.
Back to top Go down
HypeConduit
Level 6 CPU
HypeConduit

Klonoa
  XMister_RatburnX

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 10 EmptyMon Mar 17, 2014 10:39 am

Ness_64 wrote:
It's supposed to be a distraction, to mix things up. But the players still can (and probably will) beat the crap out of each other to stop others from getting it. In some cases this may end without anyone getting it at all, if both/all players are skilled enough.
And this mechanic was supposed to be implemented in 64, so if they did that back then, you probably wouldn't be complaining as much now - and there's many reasons I'm saying this.

The last thing that I want in a fight with somebody is a mix up independent of the players themselves. Also, I wouldn't consider what they wanted to include in a game made nine years prior to Brawl as a major factor. If it was so important to them, why didn't they put them in Melee?
Back to top Go down
GoldenYuiitusin
Level 5 CPU
GoldenYuiitusin

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 10 EmptyMon Mar 17, 2014 11:16 am

Don't like the Smash Ball? Just don't have it on.
Simple as that.
Back to top Go down
MercuryHg34

MercuryHg34

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 10 EmptyMon Mar 17, 2014 11:23 am

GoldenDiddy wrote:
Don't like the Smash Ball? Just don't have it on.
Simple as that.

That's why I play with them off. Although you have to admit that with a meter system and balanced final smashes in relation to each other, final smashes could technically be tourney legal. I mean if supers are legal in marvel or street fighter because of that then why can't it be true of smash as well?
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 10 EmptyMon Mar 17, 2014 11:56 am

Yea, I never was a fan of items, Smash balls, hazards, etc. I usually prefer them off. I hope we can have stage hazards off, though a part of me feels that is not gonna happen for some reason.
Back to top Go down
HypeConduit
Level 6 CPU
HypeConduit

Klonoa
  XMister_RatburnX

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 10 EmptyMon Mar 17, 2014 1:54 pm

Smash King wrote:

Yea, I never was a fan of items, Smash balls, hazards, etc. I usually prefer them off. I hope we can have stage hazards off, though a part of me feels that is not gonna happen for some reason.

Well I suppose the easy answer to that would be play the non-hazardous stages.
Back to top Go down
Dr. CanadianBacon
Level 6 CPU
Dr. CanadianBacon

Dr.CanadianBacon

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 10 EmptyMon Mar 17, 2014 2:48 pm

Uh, odd one outta the bunch here, I like the idea of Smash Balls... Yes, it's a distraction, but in a good way. When I see a Smash Ball, I have 2 options, wait for someone to go for it while they're distracted and destroy them, or get it myself and destroy them. As much as I can see people wanting a bar, I still prefer the Smash Ball. And honestly, we knew this was returning since the game was announced, since we saw Villager attempting to grab one on his "Newcomer Picture".

But yeah, cool Final Smashes, Smash Balls, yay...

Don't hate me :p
Back to top Go down
HypeConduit
Level 6 CPU
HypeConduit

Klonoa
  XMister_RatburnX

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 10 EmptyMon Mar 17, 2014 3:49 pm

Guys, along with Smash meters we should have cross-counters, advancing guards, shadows moves, x-factor, and fatalities.
Back to top Go down
VultureDuck
Level 6 CPU
VultureDuck

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 10 EmptyMon Mar 17, 2014 3:59 pm

HypeConduit wrote:
Guys, along with Smash meters we should have cross-counters, advancing guards, shadows moves, x-factor, and fatalities.
You forgot about Wagers.
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 10 EmptyMon Mar 17, 2014 4:11 pm

HypeConduit wrote:
Smash King wrote:

Yes, but even non-hazardous stages come to a limit in the Smash series.

But yea, I'm expecting final smashes to be revealed through the Pic of the days going forward.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 10 EmptyMon Mar 17, 2014 6:11 pm

HypeConduit wrote:
Smash King wrote:

Of which there are not many of (at least compared to the hazardous ones) and playing on them over and over gets old after a while.
Back to top Go down
MercuryHg34

MercuryHg34

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 10 EmptyMon Mar 17, 2014 6:50 pm

Mr. Kaneda wrote:
HypeConduit wrote:
Smash King wrote:

Of which there are not many of (at least compared to the hazardous ones) and playing on them over and over gets old after a while.

Not for me =)
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 10 EmptyMon Mar 17, 2014 7:30 pm

MercuryHg34 wrote:
Mr. Kaneda wrote:
HypeConduit wrote:
Smash King wrote:

Not for me =)

This.

For me, I'm looking for a good fight. With items, Smash Balls, and stage hazards interrupting the flow of the match, it takes away the fun for me and becomes a frustration instead.
Back to top Go down
HypeConduit
Level 6 CPU
HypeConduit

Klonoa
  XMister_RatburnX

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 10 EmptyMon Mar 17, 2014 7:59 pm

Smash King wrote:
MercuryHg34 wrote:
Mr. Kaneda wrote:
HypeConduit wrote:
Smash King wrote:

Not for me =)

This.

For me, I'm looking for a good fight. With items, Smash Balls, and stage hazards interrupting the flow of the match, it takes away the fun for me and becomes a frustration instead.  

It's like making an art college-level pencil sketch of a brilliant view, then following it up with coffee stains and crayon.
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 10 EmptyTue Mar 18, 2014 1:18 am

Loads of images today, showing off just how the Mario stage works.

Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 10 ZlCfzRpCLAEzC-LqC4Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 10 ZlCfzRpCLfEXjgpdwkSuper Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 10 ZlCfzRpCLsc42ZpA7gSuper Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 10 ZlCfzRpCMHYUiQh7v1

Sakurai wrote:
Pic of the day. Here's some info on the Nintendo 3DS stage called Super Mario 3D Land! First, it advances by side-scrolling. Then you continue into the valley--it's in 3D Land, after all. The protruding stone blocks change the angles of the platforms. After that, back to side-scrolling. Now it gets you moving--you'll have to trot downhill here, and finally, you get back on rails to go farther into the stage. It takes roughly two minutes to complete a lap, and at the end you go into a giant pipe that takes you back to the beginning. …I know this sequence goes above and beyond a traditional Pic of the Day, so consider this a little something extra on the side from me.
Back to top Go down
Dr. CanadianBacon
Level 6 CPU
Dr. CanadianBacon

Dr.CanadianBacon

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 10 EmptyTue Mar 18, 2014 4:45 am

This stage looks rather exciting actually, probably because of how colourful it is.

Back to top Go down
AEM

AEM

Ariand54321

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 10 EmptyWed Mar 19, 2014 9:14 am

Sakurai's gift to Super Metroid was Rosalina laying down.

Well there's always Friday for the anniversaries of Warioware and Kirby Super Star.
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 10 EmptyWed Mar 19, 2014 9:18 am

AEM wrote:
Sakurai's gift to Super Metroid was Rosalina laying down.

Well there's always Friday for the anniversaries of Warioware and Kirby Super Star.
The facial pose looks very similar to something I saw in Japan once.

Anyway, if they're doing a Metroid thing it would probably be on the release of Metroid NES (August 6th).
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 10 EmptyThu Mar 20, 2014 3:39 am

How often in competitive does a shield get broken? This daily image says that basically if you overcharge Diddy's Neutral B it can be used as a seriously OP Smash attack.

The reason I ask about shields is that Sakurai recommended using it on Shield Break.
Back to top Go down
Dr. CanadianBacon
Level 6 CPU
Dr. CanadianBacon

Dr.CanadianBacon

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 10 EmptyThu Mar 20, 2014 4:23 am

Ganonthegreat wrote:
How often in competitive does a shield get broken? This daily image says that basically if you overcharge Diddy's Neutral B it can be used as a seriously OP Smash attack.

The reason I ask about shields is that Sakurai recommended using it on Shield Break.

I don't think it ever happens/happens a lot. But I'm sure that if it did happen, someone wouldn't be a happy camper.
Back to top Go down
HypeConduit
Level 6 CPU
HypeConduit

Klonoa
  XMister_RatburnX

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 10 EmptyThu Mar 20, 2014 5:03 am

Shield breaking in competitive? If that happens, something is awfully wrong.
Back to top Go down
SP

cellularSP

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 10 EmptyThu Mar 20, 2014 5:19 am

Ganonthegreat wrote:

Well I doubt an opponent would willingly let you sit there while you ready up your gun to explode
Back to top Go down
C_Mill24
Level 9 CPU
C_Mill24

C-Mill24

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 10 EmptyThu Mar 20, 2014 6:56 am

Ganonthegreat wrote:
How often in competitive does a shield get broken?
Not very often. Only if your shield pressure is so perfect on an opponent, that instead of shield poking them, you break their shield. It doesn't happen very often.
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 10 EmptyThu Mar 20, 2014 10:55 am

sp wrote:
Ganonthegreat wrote:

Well I doubt an opponent would willingly let you sit there while you ready up your gun to explode

This

The only time I can imagine such a time consuming attack working is for accurate timing for edge guarding. But regardless, it appears that it has a huge risk at the same time.
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 10 EmptyFri Mar 21, 2014 12:54 am

For those wondering who this is today, it's the Kid Icarus Goddess Phosphora.

The picture in my sig is a close-up for some reason, the Miiverse fansite has the full image which confirms that this is a trophy.
Back to top Go down
Dr. CanadianBacon
Level 6 CPU
Dr. CanadianBacon

Dr.CanadianBacon

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 10 EmptyFri Mar 21, 2014 4:48 am

So I guess this confirms multiple backgrounds for trophies on the Wii U version, with Fat Little Mac also having a trophy, but with a yellow-green plaid background. But yeah, cool, I guess we're only getting 1-0 characters in March, unless for some reason we see 2 on one week Razz
Back to top Go down
HypeConduit
Level 6 CPU
HypeConduit

Klonoa
  XMister_RatburnX

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 10 EmptyFri Mar 21, 2014 10:22 am

Dr. CanadianBacon wrote:
Unless for some reason we see 2 on one week Razz

Saint Sakurai we pray 2 u  bounce 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)   Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW) - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 10 of 34Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 22 ... 34  Next