Candidate Cut Poll

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
M. Bison
Level 5 CPU
M. Bison

Candidate Cut Poll - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Candidate Cut Poll   Candidate Cut Poll - Page 13 EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 6:10 pm

CJ wrote:
mr. game wrote:
I agree with GoldenYuiitusin
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: Candidate Cut Poll   Candidate Cut Poll - Page 13 EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 7:45 pm

I honestly don't see what benefit would it be to add another skipped gen Pokemon. Think about it, how many times is Meowth gonna get skipped over by another gen? 3rd gen ends up getting in over Meowth, then its 6th gen, then its 7th gen, so on and so forth. How is it that Meowth, a Pokemon that had been long-wanted in Smash since possibly the 1st Smash game, always gets skipped for gen-rep purposes? He is the 2nd or 3rd (if Jiggz counts) most famous Pokemon in the series.

Plus, Meowth could go 2 ways. He can either just be the generic Meowth with all the abilities he's capable of learning. Or he can be the Team Rocket version who can do several Meowth attacks, team rocket references attacks, & even crack jokes and some humor. And imagine all the alternate versions he can have if we choose to. Hell, I can see a Team Rocket opening motto for the victory theme. lol.

Also, with Mewtwo already on good terms with the Ash in the anime, according to the previous movie he was in, he kinda lost credibility as a villain imo. Meowth has always been the rival of Pikachu in the series, despite having to tag with him on occasions for Meowth's own benefits.

I think Meowth's history in the series, many options, etc is more interesting than another gen rep Pokemon, a role that has been played out to death imo.
Back to top Go down
C_Mill24
Level 9 CPU
C_Mill24

C-Mill24

PostSubject: Re: Candidate Cut Poll   Candidate Cut Poll - Page 13 EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 7:47 pm

Pokemon is already over-repped here and in the actual Smash series. I'm changing my vote to none. Pokemon is a series that doesn't need anymore reps.
Back to top Go down
GoldenYuiitusin
Level 5 CPU
GoldenYuiitusin

PostSubject: Re: Candidate Cut Poll   Candidate Cut Poll - Page 13 EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 8:20 pm

SK, you're really giving Meowth (and Jigglypuff) too much credit. Pretty sure both are at least behind Venusaur, Blastoise, and especially Charizard.

In all honesty, I have to say that Meowth hasn't been "long wanted" like you think he is.

He wasn't within the top 20 on Sakurai's pre-Melee poll (though Mewtwo, Mew, Pokémon Trainer/Red/Satoshi/whatever, and Lugia were), and judging by what I've learned from pre-Melee speculation at SmashBoards by people that were there during that time, Meowth wasn't real big outside Japan either.

During Brawl speculation, same deal; not very popular of a request (and the few that did were under the false pretense that he was planned for 64).

Even NOW, for Smash Wii U/3DS, no one really cares about him. Especially since he's not Mewtwo, who was excluded from Brawl.

So no, Meowth hasn't been getting left out for the next Gen (which isn't true anyway, since Pichu was an afterthought character in Melee, which brought in Mewtwo, and Brawl included Pokémon Trainer, a 1st Gen character, not just Lucario); Meowth's been getting left out because no one really cares about him and Sakurai clearly doesn't see reason to include him.

That's not to say Meowth shouldn't be in Smash or Crusade; in all honesty, he makes more sense in Smash at this point instead of Jigglypuff.
It's just that, given the current situation we have for Crusade, Meowth is not the best route to go.
If both Meowth and a 3rd Gen were allowed, perfect. But ever since you made it to where only ONE character per series for "Suggestions" (as they're called now), you pretty much made it difficult to give reason to support him.
Back to top Go down
Yeti
Level 6 CPU
Yeti

PostSubject: Re: Candidate Cut Poll   Candidate Cut Poll - Page 13 EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 4:43 pm

Could I Vote Both or None, Because that's what I'd prefer.
Back to top Go down
Dr. CanadianBacon
Level 6 CPU
Dr. CanadianBacon

Dr.CanadianBacon

PostSubject: Re: Candidate Cut Poll   Candidate Cut Poll - Page 13 EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 4:48 pm

I think I will change my vote once more, to none
Back to top Go down
Keven
Level 5 CPU
Keven

PostSubject: Re: Candidate Cut Poll   Candidate Cut Poll - Page 13 EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 4:52 pm

Keep Deoxys
Back to top Go down
GamingGryffindor
Level 6 CPU
GamingGryffindor

PostSubject: Re: Candidate Cut Poll   Candidate Cut Poll - Page 13 EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 5:09 pm

keep Meowth, Screw Deoxys I dont even know why it is so popular.
Back to top Go down
Yeti
Level 6 CPU
Yeti

PostSubject: Re: Candidate Cut Poll   Candidate Cut Poll - Page 13 EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 5:17 pm

Vanellope von Schweetz wrote:
Its Popular because its a Pokemon from an Unrepped Gen
Gen 1: Pikacha, Jiggs, Mewtwo, and/or Red, (an then we add Meowth Talk about overrepping)
Gen 2: Pichu (I wish we had Celebi, or Kris)
Gen 3:(We add Deoxys or/and May and we can have nice things )
Gen 4: Lucario (I wish we had Dawn)
Gen 5: Zoreak and/or Hilbert/Hilda/Nate/Rose
Gen 6:(Not enough pokemon known to rep anyone)(Mewtwo and Jiggs kinda rep this though)

THAT is Why.
Back to top Go down
LightZX
Level 5 CPU
LightZX

PostSubject: Re: Candidate Cut Poll   Candidate Cut Poll - Page 13 EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 5:28 pm

Because Deoxys probably a better moveset axel? He has three forms, so down special change form with each form being different. Meaning a pretty cool character.
Back to top Go down
C_Mill24
Level 9 CPU
C_Mill24

C-Mill24

PostSubject: Re: Candidate Cut Poll   Candidate Cut Poll - Page 13 EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 5:37 pm

LightZX wrote:
Because Deoxys probably a better moveset axel? He has three forms, so down special change form with each form being different. Meaning a pretty cool character.
If you ask me, that just sounds boring. I'd say you choose which form you want before the start of the battle, and then you're stuck with it for the entire match. Having Deoxys change forms as a down special is an outright unoriginal concept. Nor would it make any sense In the actual game, Deoxys couldn't change form freely in battle, you would have to touch a meteor in order to change its form. And don't throw in any anime, cartoon, or movie logic in there.
Back to top Go down
Dr. CanadianBacon
Level 6 CPU
Dr. CanadianBacon

Dr.CanadianBacon

PostSubject: Re: Candidate Cut Poll   Candidate Cut Poll - Page 13 EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 5:58 pm

Yeti wrote:
Gen 1: Pikacha, Jiggs, Mewtwo, and/or Red, (an then we add Meowth Talk about overrepping)
Gen 6:(Not enough pokemon known to rep anyone)(Mewtwo and Jiggs kinda rep this though)

THAT is Why.

Why do you want so many Pokemon trainers? It makes it seem even more represented, don't we have enough with 2 Pokemon trainers?
Back to top Go down
C_Mill24
Level 9 CPU
C_Mill24

C-Mill24

PostSubject: Re: Candidate Cut Poll   Candidate Cut Poll - Page 13 EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 6:25 pm

Yeti wrote:

THAT is Why.
This absolutely proves my point of how over-repped this entire series is.
Back to top Go down
GoldenYuiitusin
Level 5 CPU
GoldenYuiitusin

PostSubject: Re: Candidate Cut Poll   Candidate Cut Poll - Page 13 EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 9:11 pm

You say Pokémon is over-repped?

....do you not know how many Mario and Mario Accessories characters there are?
Back to top Go down
GamingGryffindor
Level 6 CPU
GamingGryffindor

PostSubject: Re: Candidate Cut Poll   Candidate Cut Poll - Page 13 EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 9:43 pm

i Sell Mario and Mario Accessories.

seriously thought Meowth was planned for 64.

Deoxys wasnt even considered.
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: Candidate Cut Poll   Candidate Cut Poll - Page 13 EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 9:45 pm

i Sell Mario and Mario Accessories.

seriously thought Meowth was planned for 64.

Deoxys wasnt even considered.

Meowth was never planned in SSB64, that was just a rumor.

Deoxys couldn't have been considered at the time either cause 3rd gen never existed at that time.

BTW, Pokemon Candidate Cut Poll UPDATED
Back to top Go down
Traweezie

Traweezie

PostSubject: Re: Candidate Cut Poll   Candidate Cut Poll - Page 13 EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 10:19 pm

Meowth. I vote Meowth
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/traweezie?feature=mhee
desu
Level 6 CPU
desu

Yoshi
  fanyoshixD

PostSubject: Re: Candidate Cut Poll   Candidate Cut Poll - Page 13 EmptyFri Jul 19, 2013 5:55 am

I vote for keep Deoxys
Back to top Go down
C_Mill24
Level 9 CPU
C_Mill24

C-Mill24

PostSubject: Re: Candidate Cut Poll   Candidate Cut Poll - Page 13 EmptyFri Jul 19, 2013 7:11 am

GoldenYuiitusin wrote:
You say Pokémon is over-repped?

....do you not know how many Mario and Mario Accessories characters there are?
I think you're forgetting that the entire Pokemon franchise is Second Party property. Mario is the flagship franchise of Nintendo and Smash Bros. series, so it can get away with that.
Back to top Go down
GoldenYuiitusin
Level 5 CPU
GoldenYuiitusin

PostSubject: Re: Candidate Cut Poll   Candidate Cut Poll - Page 13 EmptyFri Jul 19, 2013 8:53 am

Nintendo is majority owner.

Also, Mario is not "flagship" to Smash.
Back to top Go down
MercuryHg34

MercuryHg34

PostSubject: Re: Candidate Cut Poll   Candidate Cut Poll - Page 13 EmptyFri Jul 19, 2013 9:05 am

The title of the game is a spin off of Super Mario Bros. I fail to see how Mr. Nintendo himself is not the flagship character and series of Smash.
Back to top Go down
CartmanWii
Level 2 CPU
CartmanWii

PostSubject: Re: Candidate Cut Poll   Candidate Cut Poll - Page 13 EmptyFri Jul 19, 2013 11:22 am

I vote to keep Meowth.
Back to top Go down
GoldenYuiitusin
Level 5 CPU
GoldenYuiitusin

PostSubject: Re: Candidate Cut Poll   Candidate Cut Poll - Page 13 EmptyFri Jul 19, 2013 12:41 pm

MercuryHg34 wrote:
The title of the game is a spin off of Super Mario Bros. I fail to see how Mr. Nintendo himself is not the flagship character and series of Smash.

The original Japanese title of the series is "Dairantou Smash Brothers", first and foremost, with the first game being "Nintendo All-Star! Dairantou Smash Brothers"

Pretty damn sure that ain't a spin-off of the Super Mario Bros. name.
Oh, you're using the title of the series outside Japan? Tough shit; Nintendo is a Japan based company, and the game was released in Japan first.
So the "Super Smash Bros. is spin-off of Super Mario Bros." logic doesn't fly. At all.
Back to top Go down
C_Mill24
Level 9 CPU
C_Mill24

C-Mill24

PostSubject: Re: Candidate Cut Poll   Candidate Cut Poll - Page 13 EmptyFri Jul 19, 2013 1:11 pm

GoldenYuiitusin wrote:
MercuryHg34 wrote:

The original Japanese title of the series is "Dairantou Smash Brothers", first and foremost, with the first game being "Nintendo All-Star! Dairantou Smash Brothers"

Pretty damn sure that ain't a spin-off of the Super Mario Bros. name.
Oh, you're using the title of the series outside Japan? Tough shit; Nintendo is a Japan based company, and the game was released in Japan first.
So the "Super Smash Bros. is spin-off of Super Mario Bros." logic doesn't fly. At all.
Regardless, the Mario series is able to get away with having a ton of representatives because it is the leading franchise of Nintendo.
Back to top Go down
GoldenYuiitusin
Level 5 CPU
GoldenYuiitusin

PostSubject: Re: Candidate Cut Poll   Candidate Cut Poll - Page 13 EmptyFri Jul 19, 2013 1:16 pm

And Pokémon is Nintendo's 2nd.
Back to top Go down
C_Mill24
Level 9 CPU
C_Mill24

C-Mill24

PostSubject: Re: Candidate Cut Poll   Candidate Cut Poll - Page 13 EmptyFri Jul 19, 2013 1:26 pm

GoldenYuiitusin wrote:
I'd say Zelda's number 2.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Candidate Cut Poll   Candidate Cut Poll - Page 13 EmptyFri Jul 19, 2013 1:57 pm

C_Mill24 wrote:
GoldenYuiitusin wrote:
pokemon is the second best-selling video game series of all time, behind mario

shhhh
Back to top Go down
GoldenYuiitusin
Level 5 CPU
GoldenYuiitusin

PostSubject: Re: Candidate Cut Poll   Candidate Cut Poll - Page 13 EmptyFri Jul 19, 2013 8:38 pm

C_Mill24 wrote:
GoldenYuiitusin wrote:

And you'd be wrong.
Back to top Go down
Dr. CanadianBacon
Level 6 CPU
Dr. CanadianBacon

Dr.CanadianBacon

PostSubject: Re: Candidate Cut Poll   Candidate Cut Poll - Page 13 EmptySat Jul 20, 2013 7:14 am

Pokemon is the 2nd best selling Nintendo franchise, but that doesn't mean it should be over-repped. Think about it, 2 trainers = 6 Pokemon, plus a suggestion, then Snivy, Pikachu, Pichu, Mewtwo, Lucario. That's 12 Pokemon Reps. That's quite a bit already, and I feel like having another trainer would make it too over-repped for my likings. And unfortunately the Wii series is Nintendo's third best selling franchise, wow! (Then Legend Of Zelda)
Back to top Go down
VultureDuck
Level 6 CPU
VultureDuck

PostSubject: Re: Candidate Cut Poll   Candidate Cut Poll - Page 13 EmptySat Jul 20, 2013 7:26 am

Dr.CanadianBacon wrote:
2 trainers = 6 Pokemon, plus a suggestion, then Snivy, Pikachu, Pichu, Mewtwo, Lucario. That's 12 Pokemon Reps.
Actually Snivy is going to be part of Unova Trainer, so that's 11 reps.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Candidate Cut Poll   Candidate Cut Poll - Page 13 Empty

Back to top Go down

Candidate Cut Poll
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 13 of 19Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19  Next