Project Crusade Community

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Fire Emblem: Awakening

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
MercuryHg34

MercuryHg34

Fire Emblem: Awakening Empty
PostSubject: Fire Emblem: Awakening   Fire Emblem: Awakening EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 7:43 pm

Surprised this hasn't come up yet, but I felt like starting it. I know there aren't many people who play FE, but for those that do here is a thread to discuss the newest game and 13th in the series, Awakening.

I love the game, I'm near the end and I have to say the story and game play in this one were superb. The replay value is extremely high, and I'd recommend the game to anyone that owns a 3DS. I'd recommend getting a 3DS just for this game, although there are plenty of others that are worth it as well.

So what do you guys think about it?
Back to top Go down
M. Bison
Level 5 CPU
M. Bison

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: Awakening   Fire Emblem: Awakening EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 8:49 pm

I haven't played any of the other Fire Emblem games, but I love Awakening so far. It's by far my favorite 3DS game. I'd say it's Nintendo's best game in awhile (They've been disappointing to me the last couple of years). Also I love the characters. Definitely a really good game.
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: Awakening   Fire Emblem: Awakening EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 9:58 pm

I bought Fire Emblem Awakening a few weeks ago. This is my 1st FE game as well. I have to admit that I got hooked on this game within 10 minutes.

I'm currently on the 3rd level I believe. This my 1st time playing and I put it on lunatic (hardest mode) and I still can't get passed the first 3 levels of the game cause of how strong the enemies are and how weak my team are. Only reliable person I got is Fredrick. lol
Back to top Go down
Dry

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: Awakening   Fire Emblem: Awakening EmptyThu Apr 04, 2013 1:30 am

Haven't got it yet, reviews have been good though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: Awakening   Fire Emblem: Awakening EmptyThu Apr 04, 2013 3:55 am

Got it by trading in my DS and old iPod. Completely worth it. I just made it to chapter 7, but it's a great game so far.

SK, you're screwed later. Fredrick becomes less and less reliable due to slow experience gain Lil Dolan
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: Awakening   Fire Emblem: Awakening EmptyThu Apr 04, 2013 4:43 am

Two weeks until it's out over here, but it will be day one for me. One of my favorite games of all time is Path of Radiance.
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Ganonthegreat/
MercuryHg34

MercuryHg34

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: Awakening   Fire Emblem: Awakening EmptyThu Apr 04, 2013 6:41 am

I've followed the series since FE7 (Lyn's game, or more accurately Eliwood's game), but Awakening is just so good compared to the others. My one complaint is that the amount of grinding potential can make it really easy to break the game and then it becomes trivially easy. But not many people do that, so it kind of balances out.

Frederick is definitely your most important early game unit on Lunatic, and I strongly advise that you pair him up with Sumia and get them married as soon as you can. On hard mode he's still a top tier character (if you ignore avatar) but his mid and late-game are terrible without her.

If anyone has questions about any part of the game I am very familiar with building good characters from my experience with FE 11 since the reclass system works very similarly.

So what characters have you all been using so far? I would share my team but it may contain spoilers, however I am still curious as to what units are popular among the rest of us.
Back to top Go down
MercuryHg34

MercuryHg34

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: Awakening   Fire Emblem: Awakening EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 5:45 am

So I just beat the game, the ending was pretty good. Now I plan to start a new game on Hard mode (again), this time playing at a "brisk pace" and not grinding/abusing rng events like tiles and barracks. I might make a playlog of it and put it in the OP once I figure out exactly what I'm going to do.

EDIT: I put it in my signature instead, the log is being kept over at Serene's Forest Forums. I'm doing it with specific rules in play to help them out with their hard mode tier list.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: Awakening   Fire Emblem: Awakening Empty

Back to top Go down

Fire Emblem: Awakening
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1