HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 PS4 has been announced.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: PS4 has been announced.   Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:03 pm

Perfecthell4 wrote:
Superior to Nintendo would be opinion, as they are vastly different markets. Superior to Xbox however, is fact. Sony has consistently put out a vastly superior console to the Xbox. The only reason Xbox ever got popular was due to a good marketing strategy by releasing much earlier than the PS3. People aren't patient and also typically do no research into it, all they see is the surface "Xbox is here now and my friends have it, why wait for PS3?" without realizing that the PS3 was in fact better in every imaginable way, from the controller to the interface to the hardware. Microsoft also uses a good marketing strategy of the low retail price, but doesn't come with all of the things you need. For example, XBL. A PS3 user simply pays for the console, and that's it. Xbox users have to pay $50 a year for each year they own the console if they want online (which is pretty much everyone). If you consider that most users bought Xbox in it's first year, and it's been out for 7 years going into 8, that means $350-$400 tacked onto your Xbox price. Honestly, it's a lot like Apple. People buy the product because of good marketing and advertising without realizing they are wasting their money on the lesser product which costs more than the superior.

You've made a great point regarding the Xbox 360. Some great games on it, but Microsoft has really jumped ship with being a dedicated gaming system. Which is why we need Sony, Value and Nintendo to stay in the business.
Back to top Go down
MercuryHg34

avatar

  Ridley
  3883

PostSubject: Re: PS4 has been announced.   Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:27 pm

C_Mill24 wrote:
I'll just stick with Nintendo thank you very much.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
C_Mill24
Level 9 CPU
avatar

  Random
  2072
  C-Mill24

PostSubject: Re: PS4 has been announced.   Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:07 pm

Isn't Valve coming out with their own console?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
luke-ish
Level 4 CPU
avatar

  111

PostSubject: Re: PS4 has been announced.   Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:10 pm

Yeah, it's pretty much just a way to utilize steam's 'big picture', though. (From what I understand, that is)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Super Smash Bros Crusade
Administrator
avatar

  Random
  4175

PostSubject: Re: PS4 has been announced.   Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:41 pm

I got a PSP in like 2010 because I wanted to play Crisis Core and Dissidia, as well as some Naruto games since all the Nintendo ones are garbage (the one I got had Tobi in it). I also ended up getting Project: Diva and Dissidia Duodecim as well as quite a bit of homebrew junk.

I got a Vita on launch day and so far only have Gravity Rush and ClaDunX2 (which was a PSP download game anyway). Haven't seen anything else that remotely piques my interest other than the new Project: Diva and I've been following progress on homebrew stuff pretty closely.

I'm not even gonna consider getting a PS4. If I do get a playstation console I'd split the cost of a PS2 with my sister and just get a bunch of old games like Persona and .hack//.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://projectcrusade.forumotion.com
MercuryHg34

avatar

  Ridley
  3883

PostSubject: Re: PS4 has been announced.   Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:27 pm

I had a PSP one as well. Literally only played it for Monster Hunter Freedom and Gitaroo Man Lives! (an obscure music game with a kickass soundtrack).

Now I wish Gitaroo Man was eligible for DLC.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: PS4 has been announced.   Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:36 pm

Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

avatar

  Evil Ryu
  8834

PostSubject: Re: PS4 has been announced.   Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:21 pm

So because the Vita doesn't have a lot of games, that means the PS4 will be bad. Just like how the PSP didn't have much and the PS3 was bad. See the logic flaw?

_________________
Perfect Hell

SSBC Head Character Balancer

SSBC Programmer

SSBC Back Room Founder

SSF2 Back Room Member

Competitive discussion is what I do

Crusade Movesets:  projectcrusade.forumotion.com/t1613-pending-moveset-topic#45702
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SP



  Crash Bandicoot
  3847
  cellularSP

PostSubject: Re: PS4 has been announced.   Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:56 am

MercuryHg34 wrote:
I had a PSP one as well. Literally only played it for Monster Hunter Freedom and Gitaroo Man Lives! (an obscure music game with a kickass soundtrack).

Now I wish Gitaroo Man was eligible for DLC.

I had a PSP

Then I got a seizure while playing it

Then I was put on medication for a couple years

We don't talk about the PSP in my household
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: PS4 has been announced.   Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:45 am

Perfecthell4 wrote:
So because the Vita doesn't have a lot of games, that means the PS4 will be bad. Just like how the PSP didn't have much and the PS3 was bad. See the logic flaw?
The PS3 was bad
Back to top Go down
madam im adam
Level 5 CPU


  472

PostSubject: Re: PS4 has been announced.   Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:18 am

the ps3 was laughable /opinion
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AEM

avatar

  Geno
  1760
  Ariand54321

PostSubject: Re: PS4 has been announced.   Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:26 am

You said it Mystic Maya!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
madam im adam
Level 5 CPU


  472

PostSubject: Re: PS4 has been announced.   Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:38 am

ariel you're perf
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AEM

avatar

  Geno
  1760
  Ariand54321

PostSubject: Re: PS4 has been announced.   Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:49 am

aww, thanks Mystic Maya!

I think the Playstation 4 looks cool and all, but it just looks like a Playstation 3 with better graphics. Nothing new or innovative seems to be added into it to make the purchase worth it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: PS4 has been announced.   Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:00 am

and that's the video game industry for you
Back to top Go down
Sparlock

avatar

  Ryu
  5261
  Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: PS4 has been announced.   Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:02 am

Maya wrote:
the ps3 was laughable /opinion
sexual priest wrote:
Perfecthell4 wrote:
So because the Vita doesn't have a lot of games, that means the PS4 will be bad. Just like how the PSP didn't have much and the PS3 was bad. See the logic flaw?
The PS3 was bad

If there any reason other than just saying "It's Bad"? I mean that isn't much of a reason.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://steamcommunity.com/id/Ganonthegreat/
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: PS4 has been announced.   Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:06 am

Ganon the Antisocial Brit wrote:
Maya wrote:
the ps3 was laughable /opinion
sexual priest wrote:
Perfecthell4 wrote:
So because the Vita doesn't have a lot of games, that means the PS4 will be bad. Just like how the PSP didn't have much and the PS3 was bad. See the logic flaw?
The PS3 was bad

If there any reason other than just saying "It's Bad"? I mean that isn't much of a reason.
Back to top Go down
madam im adam
Level 5 CPU


  472

PostSubject: Re: PS4 has been announced.   Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:08 am

ridiculous update times was my major problem with it
in addition the buttons (or lack thereof) for turning the console itself on was kind of gratuitous and odd

plus I don't know if it was a problem with my console itself or my tv or whatever but on occasion the color scheme would be an odd combination of pink and green

there are probably more quirks with it that other people could mention as I didn't really use it that much due to those flaws
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AEM

avatar

  Geno
  1760
  Ariand54321

PostSubject: Re: PS4 has been announced.   Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:13 am

sexual priest wrote:
and that's the video game industry for you
That's why I like Nintendo.

They actually add new things into their systems.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: PS4 has been announced.   Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:16 am

Pearly wrote:
sexual priest wrote:
and that's the video game industry for you
That's why I like Nintendo.

They actually add new things into their systems.
like wireless dildos and glasses-free three dee
Back to top Go down
AEM

avatar

  Geno
  1760
  Ariand54321

PostSubject: Re: PS4 has been announced.   Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:23 am

sexual priest wrote:
Pearly wrote:
sexual priest wrote:
and that's the video game industry for you
That's why I like Nintendo.

They actually add new things into their systems.
like wireless dildos motion control and glasses-free three dee gyroscope
Even though Gyroscope is still basically motion control.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sparlock

avatar

  Ryu
  5261
  Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: PS4 has been announced.   Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:05 am

Maya wrote:
ridiculous update times was my major problem with it Wii is just as irritating with updates, and game updates are all optional unless you want multiplayer
in addition the buttons (or lack thereof) for turning the console itself on was kind of gratuitous and odd Strange reason to hate a console, but okay.

plus I don't know if it was a problem with my console itself or my tv or whatever but on occasion the color scheme would be an odd combination of pink and green Your TV

there are probably more quirks with it that other people could mention as I didn't really use it that much due to those flaws
So console's updating with the times, a strange power button and a dodgy TV, they sound like great reasons, sorry for ever doubting you.

-_-
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://steamcommunity.com/id/Ganonthegreat/
AEM

avatar

  Geno
  1760
  Ariand54321

PostSubject: Re: PS4 has been announced.   Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:11 am

H-Hey! You leave Mystic Maya alone!

Everyone has there own opinion on things! You two just don't happen to agree on it!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Perfect Hell

avatar

  Evil Ryu
  8834

PostSubject: Re: PS4 has been announced.   Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:11 am

I think a lot of people simply don't get the PS4 hardware improvements (I'm not referring solely to this forum or the people trolling in this thread). I'm losing count of the number of times i see "They improved the graphics a little". Seriously? Graphics are NOT a focal point for next gen, we already have near-life graphics. The next-gen is about making the hardware easier for game developers to work with, thus providing better quality games (not talking about graphical quality). It will also make cross-platform development between Playstation, Xbox, and PC a much simpler process, meaning most games will be cross-platform with only very few exceptions belonging to heavily biased game studios. The PS4 is an upgrade in terms of game development, social interaction, and user-intuitive interfacing, with some other cool gimmicks thrown in such as a much better PS Move functionality, touch sensors on the controller, motion control, and a vastly improved PS Eye.

_________________
Perfect Hell

SSBC Head Character Balancer

SSBC Programmer

SSBC Back Room Founder

SSF2 Back Room Member

Competitive discussion is what I do

Crusade Movesets:  projectcrusade.forumotion.com/t1613-pending-moveset-topic#45702
Back to top Go down
View user profile
madam im adam
Level 5 CPU


  472

PostSubject: Re: PS4 has been announced.   Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:32 am

Ganon the Antisocial Brit wrote:
Wii is just as irritating with updates, and game updates are all optional unless you want multiplayer
I wasn't comparing it with the wii, the wii has its own flaws
and whenever I play a game it insists on installing an update so

Quote :
So console's updating with the times, a strange power button and a dodgy TV, they sound like great reasons, sorry for ever doubting you.
-_-
: )
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sparlock

avatar

  Ryu
  5261
  Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: PS4 has been announced.   Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:39 am

Pearly wrote:
H-Hey! You leave Mystic Maya alone!

Everyone has there own opinion on things! You two just don't happen to agree on it!
My opinion is different therefore I am not allowed to say I disagree with a statement? Yes they are reasons, but they aren't good reasons.

Maya wrote:
and whenever I play a game it insists on installing an update so
Simply press Circle and the update will back out, you won't be able to go online, but there's no problem playing single-player. Plus, surely it's a bonus that these games are being tweaked, I mean it used to be that when a game was released, you had to take it with all the bugs and problems in the package, now thanks to this system games are getting much more refined over time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://steamcommunity.com/id/Ganonthegreat/
ZS
Level 6 CPU
avatar

  687

PostSubject: Re: PS4 has been announced.   Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:47 am

Ganon the Antisocial Brit wrote:
GigaPichu wrote:
geez ganon you're such a fanboy
Is it being a fanboy if a company is vastly superior to the other 2 rivals?

Definitely.

I may buy until the price lowers. I applaud Sony for not doing what Microsoft is apperantly doing with Durango.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: PS4 has been announced.   Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:48 am

Ganon the Antisocial Brit wrote:
Pearly wrote:
H-Hey! You leave Mystic Maya alone!

Everyone has there own opinion on things! You two just don't happen to agree on it!
My opinion is different therefore I am not allowed to say I disagree with a statement? Yes they are reasons, but they aren't good reasons.
he's doin some crazy roleplayin stuff ya goof
Back to top Go down
Sparlock

avatar

  Ryu
  5261
  Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: PS4 has been announced.   Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:54 am

sexual priest wrote:
Ganon the Antisocial Brit wrote:
Pearly wrote:
H-Hey! You leave Mystic Maya alone!

Everyone has there own opinion on things! You two just don't happen to agree on it!
My opinion is different therefore I am not allowed to say I disagree with a statement? Yes they are reasons, but they aren't good reasons.
he's doin some crazy roleplayin stuff ya goof
The first sentence was roleplay, the second was not.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://steamcommunity.com/id/Ganonthegreat/
madam im adam
Level 5 CPU


  472

PostSubject: Re: PS4 has been announced.   Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:18 pm

also
it's worth noting that PS3's library doesn't really pique my interest aside from things that were on other consoles
as a result of the other problems I had with it it didn't really seem wise to buy it for the ps3 in comparison to the other systems
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: PS4 has been announced.   

Back to top Go down
 
PS4 has been announced.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 ::  :: The Arcade-
Jump to:  
Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion