Lip VS Prinny

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Nights Owl
Level 4 CPU
Nights Owl

Lip VS Prinny - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lip VS Prinny   Lip VS Prinny - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 4:54 pm

GigaPichu wrote:
the ice climbers were an interesting concept. Two characters fighting at the same time controlled as one.

There's nothing particularly interesting about Lip that Dr. Mario cant already do.

That Dr.Mario can't already do?

Be a clone that throws pills instead? Wowwy.

We have to change Dr.Mario to make him not just a clone.

Edit: And just taking move inspirations from other Nintendo puzzle games makes perfect sense, right? Because a different persona of Mario is soooo interesting. While you could do the same thing with Lip.

Last edited by Nights Owl on Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lip VS Prinny   Lip VS Prinny - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 4:55 pm

GigaPichu wrote:
the ice climbers were an interesting concept. Two characters fighting at the same time controlled as one.

There's nothing particularly interesting about Lip that Dr. Mario cant already do.
Not to mention her staff is already an item.
Back to top Go down
Nights Owl
Level 4 CPU
Nights Owl

PostSubject: Re: Lip VS Prinny   Lip VS Prinny - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 5:01 pm

BluePsychic wrote:
GigaPichu wrote:

Not to mention her staff is already an item.

That's a terrible reason.

Not to mention there's more than one Staff. Her and her daughter both have one.

(Not directed at BP)
And if you think she's "Boring" moveset wise, take inspiration from the other characters in the game too. She can easily be Sakurai'd.
Back to top Go down
GigaPichu

GigaPichu

PostSubject: Re: Lip VS Prinny   Lip VS Prinny - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 5:08 pm

i meant in the terms of puzzle-game shenanigans.

Dr. Mario could easily do that.

Saying Lip is interesting isn't realyl an argument because its a matter of opinon. It is true that Dr. Mario could do basically the same things as Lip would probably do. Only difference is that she'd have a lips stick all the time, which as blue said, is already an item. So not much there.
Back to top Go down
Nights Owl
Level 4 CPU
Nights Owl

PostSubject: Re: Lip VS Prinny   Lip VS Prinny - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 5:12 pm

GigaPichu wrote:
i meant in the terms of puzzle-game shenanigans.

Dr. Mario could easily do that.

Saying Lip is interesting isn't realyl an argument because its a matter of opinon. It is true that Dr. Mario could do basically the same things as Lip would probably do. Only difference is that she'd have a lips stick all the time, which as blue said, is already an item. So not much there.

You're thinking too closed minded. She could use the elements of the other characters in the game. They don't have to be 100% loyal to how they are.
And why would Dr.Mario be more interesting than Lip if they WERE to use a "Puzzle" based moveset? He's just Mario with different attire. It's lazy.

Also, I never said she was interesting. I said she wasn't limited Moveset wise if you didn't try to be so loyal to the game. Sakuraing Characters is perfectly fine in some cases.
Back to top Go down
GigaPichu

GigaPichu

PostSubject: Re: Lip VS Prinny   Lip VS Prinny - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 5:15 pm

so you mean give her powers the other fairies used?
I know they did that with Ness but with Lip thats kind of a stretch i'd think.

Also giving Dr. Mario a moveset that doesnt make him a Mario clone isn't lazy. It's actually being less lazy technically.
Back to top Go down
Nights Owl
Level 4 CPU
Nights Owl

PostSubject: Re: Lip VS Prinny   Lip VS Prinny - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 5:19 pm

GigaPichu wrote:
so you mean give her powers the other fairies used?
I know they did that with Ness but with Lip thats kind of a stretch i'd think.

Also giving Dr. Mario a moveset that doesnt make him a Mario clone isn't lazy. It's actually being less lazy technically.

1st: How? Explain. How is it a stretch?

2nd: Again, explain. My argument:

He's Mario with a Doctor costume on, instead of a completely new character.

That and Dr.Mario doesn't need to be in with Puzzle Movesets. That could be given to Lip while Dr.Mario could be given something completely different.
Back to top Go down
GigaPichu

GigaPichu

PostSubject: Re: Lip VS Prinny   Lip VS Prinny - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 5:29 pm

Well for one thing, those powers were done by the fairies because they were elemental fairies.

It isnt like Ness and Lucas learning the PSI, its something else. Lip doesnt learn any new powers, but Ness and Lucas do.

Mario with a doctor outfit may not be different in concept, but he can definately be different in style. A completely new character isnt needed while we have a perfectly good rep for it already there.
Back to top Go down
Nights Owl
Level 4 CPU
Nights Owl

PostSubject: Re: Lip VS Prinny   Lip VS Prinny - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 5:35 pm

GigaPichu wrote:
Well for one thing, those powers were done by the fairies because they were elemental fairies.

It isnt like Ness and Lucas learning the PSI, its something else. Lip doesnt learn any new powers, but Ness and Lucas do.

Mario with a doctor outfit may not be different in concept, but he can definately be different in style. A completely new character isnt needed while we have a perfectly good rep for it already there.

So because they're elemental fairies that means they can only use magic and can't teach it to a different fairy because... the game doesn't say so? For all we know it could be the staves, or they're just taught the magic of what type of fairy they are. It's not explained well enough, so it can be used in exaggeration for a moveset. Mach Rider is just as terrible moveset wise, and look at him. He's a blast to play as.

He can be different in Type, but I don't think of Dr.Mario when I think of NIntendo Puzzle Series. I wouldn't expect him to attack with Blocks and other such things. HIs main moveset Golden made is only Puzzle Based for the Specials as far as I know. Making him still pretty much half clone. It'd just fit better with a different character completely. If you change Dr.Mario too much people are going to complain. Which AFAIK is why you guys didn't change Ganon too much.

It'd fit Lip better because her A moves could be puzzle based too if they were going with that moveset.

Also, Dr.Mario should stay the same. He's an Alt to Mario right? Pichu wasn't changed and is Pikachu's Alt. So it should be the same for Doc. They're the same characters. Just different forms/appearances.

Last edited by Nights Owl on Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: Lip VS Prinny   Lip VS Prinny - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 5:36 pm

Here is a very detailed moveset of Lip. Sounds interesting.

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=12905838&postcount=6719
Back to top Go down
Nights Owl
Level 4 CPU
Nights Owl

PostSubject: Re: Lip VS Prinny   Lip VS Prinny - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 5:40 pm

Thank you for helping my case SK.

Also, I'm changing my Vote back to Lip.
Back to top Go down
GigaPichu

GigaPichu

PostSubject: Re: Lip VS Prinny   Lip VS Prinny - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 5:41 pm

I'm just sayin, we really don't need Lip.
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: Lip VS Prinny   Lip VS Prinny - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 6:17 pm

Update on Lip VS Prinny Poll
As of 2/3/13 at 9:17PM EST

You have 3 options available on this poll. Those options being;

- Lip becomes Confirmed DLC & Prinny moves to DLC Poll

- Prinny remains as Confirmed DLC & Lip remains on DLC Poll

- Replace Prinny's Confimred DLC spot for a 17th vote option for DLC Poll.

4 votes for Lip
Supporters:
Spoiler:

0 votes for Prinny
Supporters:
Spoiler:

8 votes for 17th Option
Supporters:
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
M. Bison
Level 5 CPU
M. Bison

PostSubject: Re: Lip VS Prinny   Lip VS Prinny - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 7:17 pm

I vote for 17th option
Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

PostSubject: Re: Lip VS Prinny   Lip VS Prinny - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 7:24 pm

Nights Owl wrote:

Also, Dr.Mario should stay the same. He's an Alt to Mario right? Pichu wasn't changed and is Pikachu's Alt. So it should be the same for Doc. They're the same characters. Just different forms/appearances.

False. Pichu was changed in that side special is now Flail and down special is now Endure. Changing specials goes a long way in changing a character.
Back to top Go down
MercuryHg34

MercuryHg34

PostSubject: Re: Lip VS Prinny   Lip VS Prinny - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 3:45 am

Also unlike Melee, Pichu counts as an alt of Pikachu here. Don't forget Fair 2 is Iron Tail now as well.

And also he doesn't totally suck.
Back to top Go down
AEM

AEM

Ariand54321

PostSubject: Re: Lip VS Prinny   Lip VS Prinny - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 7:49 am

Lip deserves the spot more.

So I'll vote for her.
Back to top Go down
GigaPichu

GigaPichu

PostSubject: Re: Lip VS Prinny   Lip VS Prinny - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 7:56 am

aem you can also vote for people not being on confirmed anything at all too
Back to top Go down
AEM

AEM

Ariand54321

PostSubject: Re: Lip VS Prinny   Lip VS Prinny - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 8:24 am

GigaPichu wrote:
aem you can also vote for people not being on confirmed anything at all too
oh
I guess that is the better option in the long run then.

I'll go with that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lip VS Prinny   Lip VS Prinny - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Lip VS Prinny
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Project Crusade Community :: Suggestion Poll Board :: Suggestion Poll General Discussion-
Jump to:  
Create a forum on Forumotion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com