Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

Lip VS Prinny Empty
PostSubject: Lip VS Prinny   Lip VS Prinny EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 8:34 pm

Today, we start a topic about 2 characters. One that is a current Confirmed DLC and another that is a Previous Confirmed DLC. Those 2 characters being Prinny (current) and Lip (previous).

The purpose of this Post Poll is to get a public input on the situation between the 2 characters. The question at hand is this, "Should Lip replace Prinny as Confirmed DLC?".

Here is a bit of a history lesson on how we got to this issue, which you can see in the spoilers.

Spoiler:

Now, Nights Owl has returned to Crusade and plans to contribute to this project from this day forward. Now that you know the story, how do you guys feel about replacing Prinny with Lip as Confirmed DLC?

So you guys know, just like Kefka VS WoL, the results will not automatically finalize the decision. The current Dev Team are now in discussion about this. This Post Poll's purpose is to get a better understanding of all this in a public point of view.

Whichever decision we conclude to, the winner will likely become/remain Confrimed DLC, while the loser will be on the DLC Poll.

Being opinionated in this discussion would really be beneficial.

For those of you not familiar with the 2 characters here they are:

Lip (Panel De Pon)
Wiki
Lip VS Prinny 150px-Lip

Prinny (Disgaea)
Wiki
Lip VS Prinny Prinny_the_Peg-Leg_Penguin

Back to top Go down
Nights Owl
Level 4 CPU
Nights Owl

Lip VS Prinny Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lip VS Prinny   Lip VS Prinny EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 9:01 pm

Just an FYI, I was the Admin and Det was the Mod. =P

Also.... In the case against Prinny..

He's only ever been in one game on a Nintendo Console. Which was the DS version of the first Disgaea, and even then, he's a side monster NPC.

His two Spin-offs being exclusive to the PSP, and the whole series is mostly exclusive to the Playstation Brand.

In the case FOR Lip...

She's only technically had one game, and a remake of said game for Gamecube.
She is a Japanese exclusive character, who has only ever made appearance outside of Japan in the SSB series with "Lip's Stick" and her Trophies.

She was the pioneer for the Panel De Pon, Or Puzzle League series of games known in the states.
The game "Panel De Pon" was originally released for the SNES, and later edited for American audiences since I guess little anime girls is too Japan for us, they replaced her with Yoshi and other such things from Yoshi's Island. She later had a GC remake along with Dr.Mario and (I think) The title "Yoshi" in the Nintendo Puzzle Collection for Gamecube, which was sadly Japan only, Again. After that, she was in Captain Rainbow (For Wii) as a "Forgotten" Nintendo Character, and after (Or maybe a bit before) she was in "Puzzle League DS" or "Panel De Pon DS" as a Hidden Theme in the Japanese only version, needing you to do multiple tasks to unlock the theme.

She's known as the "Wind Fairy" from PDP and doesn't really have much to go off for a moveset, but given she has the ability to use the Wind Elemental and has a (Spear?) Staff to use, she's more than possible to make a moveset for. (We'd still need to include the blocks somehow I think.)

TL;DR
Lip is the start of a Nintendo franchise, albeit a Japan only start.
Prinny is mostly on Sony consoles with and only a side character in the main games, having two spin offs on the PSP.

I vote for Lip.
Back to top Go down

Lip VS Prinny Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lip VS Prinny   Lip VS Prinny EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 9:27 pm

I vote Lip. While this would compromise some of my ideas for Doc, a classic Nintendo character should definitely take place over a niche 3rd Party character.
Back to top Go down
Nights Owl
Level 4 CPU
Nights Owl

Lip VS Prinny Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lip VS Prinny   Lip VS Prinny EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 9:29 pm

GoldenYuiitusin wrote:
I vote Lip. While this would compromise some of my ideas for Doc, a classic Nintendo character should definitely take place over a niche 3rd Party character.

I love you. Full on homo.
Back to top Go down

Lip VS Prinny Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lip VS Prinny   Lip VS Prinny EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 9:37 pm

GoldenYuiitusin wrote:

This.
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

Lip VS Prinny Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lip VS Prinny   Lip VS Prinny EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 11:06 pm

Due to the circumstances on how Prinny even made it here, I will have to go with Lip as my vote. Also, she is one of our first Confirmed DLC characters and a popular retro choice for SSB4.
Back to top Go down

Lip VS Prinny Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lip VS Prinny   Lip VS Prinny EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 3:26 am

I love how you refer to excalibur and his "boys" as if he's a father or a gang leader
Back to top Go down
CartmanWii
Level 2 CPU
CartmanWii

Lip VS Prinny Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lip VS Prinny   Lip VS Prinny EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 4:27 am

I vote for Lip
Back to top Go down
MercuryHg34

MercuryHg34

Lip VS Prinny Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lip VS Prinny   Lip VS Prinny EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 5:16 am

I vote in favor of Lip. And if Cless did get removed, then I'd suggest either voting for a new character to rep the Tales series (or a different series altogether), or allowing PH4 to pick a character to replace him since he's probably done way more balancing work than Excal and his "boys" combined. But that's for another topic I suppose.
Back to top Go down

Lip VS Prinny Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lip VS Prinny   Lip VS Prinny EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 5:09 pm

MercuryHg34 wrote:
allowing PH4 to pick a character to replace him since he's probably done way more balancing work than Excal and his "boys" combined. But that's for another topic I suppose.
I'm not opposed to this
Back to top Go down

Lip VS Prinny Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lip VS Prinny   Lip VS Prinny EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 5:12 pm

Lip replaces Prinny
Back to top Go down

Lip VS Prinny Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lip VS Prinny   Lip VS Prinny EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 5:21 pm

Quote :
[20:17:05] ~ Jaklub : why not free the spot so there are 17 top characters in dlc.

Am changing my vote to this suggestion.
Back to top Go down

Lip VS Prinny Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lip VS Prinny   Lip VS Prinny EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 5:25 pm

Mr. Mistress wrote:
Quote :
[20:17:05] ~ Jaklub : why not free the spot so there are 17 top characters in dlc.

Am changing my vote to this suggestion.
Transform Pokémon.
Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

Lip VS Prinny Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lip VS Prinny   Lip VS Prinny EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 8:00 pm

Voting for Lip.
Back to top Go down
GigaPichu

GigaPichu

Lip VS Prinny Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lip VS Prinny   Lip VS Prinny EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 8:03 pm

we should not have confirmed dlcs from the past (proboards) in the first place. Someone like Nights, who hasn't done anything for Crusade, should definately not get a freebie.

so i vote no and to remove prinny from there anyway.

iirc, lip is on the DLC poll. Vote for her there.
Back to top Go down
Super Smash Bros Crusade
Administrator
Super Smash Bros Crusade

Lip VS Prinny Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lip VS Prinny   Lip VS Prinny EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 8:20 pm

GigaPichu wrote:
we should not have confirmed dlcs from the past (proboards) in the first place. Someone like Nights, who hasn't done anything for Crusade, should definately not get a freebie.

so i vote no and to remove prinny from there anyway.

iirc, lip is on the DLC poll. Vote for her there.

he was the only admin who actually did crap for quite a long time
Back to top Go down
https://projectcrusade.forumotion.com
GigaPichu

GigaPichu

Lip VS Prinny Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lip VS Prinny   Lip VS Prinny EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 8:22 pm

yeah on proboards.

Then he left, and now he does nothing, and he hasn't for a very long time.

Why should he get a freebie on the DLC when me, jak, SK and the other devs all have to put things through polls? Even then they arent confirmed DLC's.

I'd rather not have the DLC list have any biases at all. Biases are just bad and lead to trouble.
Back to top Go down
Super Smash Bros Crusade
Administrator
Super Smash Bros Crusade

Lip VS Prinny Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lip VS Prinny   Lip VS Prinny EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 8:30 pm

he did all the same stuff on the original forum as well
werekill didn't do crap really

and it's not a bias character, it's a "this character was going to be in dlc before things went kablooie and that character has no support now, does this character have enough support to switch places with them"
Back to top Go down
GigaPichu

GigaPichu

Lip VS Prinny Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lip VS Prinny   Lip VS Prinny EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 8:33 pm

but giving them an auto-confirm on this separate poll is wrong and unfair to the rest of us. It's also just as unfair that you have a freebie in there too but the rest of us dont, but that's another story.
Back to top Go down
Super Smash Bros Crusade
Administrator
Super Smash Bros Crusade

Lip VS Prinny Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lip VS Prinny   Lip VS Prinny EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 8:37 pm

oh my freaking god we are not doing this again
Back to top Go down
GigaPichu

GigaPichu

Lip VS Prinny Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lip VS Prinny   Lip VS Prinny EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 8:40 pm

Det seriously.

Jak was actually getting really pissed about this and frankly i don't find it fair either. Im not trying to have a fight, i'm just saying, you do not supersede everyone else on the forum and your friends do not get special passes to things.
We are equal and we have votes and nothing can be a free-pass for anyone, not for you, not for anyone. Alrighty.
Back to top Go down
Super Smash Bros Crusade
Administrator
Super Smash Bros Crusade

Lip VS Prinny Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lip VS Prinny   Lip VS Prinny EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 8:48 pm

jak has not confronted me once about my confirmed dlc spot and considering i have said multiple times i was willing to give it up for a 6th gen rep if and when the time comes i don't see why it's even an issue

why there are any confirmed DLC at this point besides my own is beyond me, somehow getting kicked off the roster just means you have a free pass into the game anyway? and the pokemon polls being closed early was dumb too, as it killed chances of a proper 6th gen rep being thrown into dlc
Back to top Go down
GigaPichu

GigaPichu

Lip VS Prinny Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lip VS Prinny   Lip VS Prinny EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 8:49 pm

Jak doesnt confront you because he doesnt like conflict.

Im just talking for him here.

Well then if you are so unsure about confirmed dlc's too, then why can't we just remove them?
Back to top Go down

Lip VS Prinny Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lip VS Prinny   Lip VS Prinny EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 9:04 pm

Honestly, I think DLC isn't a good idea unless Crusade will allow people to add custom content on their own.
Back to top Go down
Super Smash Bros Crusade
Administrator
Super Smash Bros Crusade

Lip VS Prinny Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lip VS Prinny   Lip VS Prinny EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 9:05 pm

ok for once this post will make less sense without proper punctuation and caps so
Let's start with that now.

GigaPichu wrote:
Im just talking for him here.
Yes, and talking for Jak always turns out well, doesn't it?

Quote :
Well then if you are so unsure about confirmed dlc's too, then why can't we just remove them?

There were originally going to be only two confirmed DLC characters: one for me and one for Nights, for coming up with the DLC system, and had things not gone kablooie, we would have been the ones to actually make the DLC stuff (hahaha that would've been fun huh).
Everyone else would be done through poll.
As time went on somehow Golden took the reigns for DLC (being the "roster discussion leader" I guess entitled him to the DLC roster or something, some clarification on this would be nice as I don't believe I ever found out) and then some roster changes happened and several characters were thrown into the "confirmed" section, as well as the Mario poll being undone due to Geno and the Pokemon poll being closed because apparently it is impossible for the leaders of a poll to change over the course of at least two years (or for, you know, new candidates to come up, like 6th gen, which could have been on the poll, and ironically enough, this issue was fixed for DLC as it stands today, including the Kirby and Zelda polls, but not for the Pokemon poll, which was closed literally years in advance).
Several of the characters who are confirmed DLC were taken straight off the roster, which is dumb because removing them from the roster was supposed to make them not in the game; adding them to the DLC poll would've been fine because it would show they deserved to be on the roster in one aspect if they still managed to get in.

In general, I would not be opposed to chucking every confirmed DLC into the poll to fend for themselves though.

Mr. Mistress wrote:
Honestly, I think DLC isn't a good idea unless Crusade will allow people to add custom content on their own.

I still have trouble understanding why people who likely won't even be making the extra content are complaining about getting it.
Back to top Go down
GigaPichu

GigaPichu

Lip VS Prinny Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lip VS Prinny   Lip VS Prinny EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 9:09 pm

Well det i'm trying here. I'm not gonna just be silent about things me and him don't agree with.

Alright so why not do that.
Put every 'confirmed' DLC onto the poll, then we see how they fare. That's definitely a more fair way to do it.
Back to top Go down

Lip VS Prinny Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lip VS Prinny   Lip VS Prinny EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 9:24 pm

Dela Mochimazzi wrote:

why there are any confirmed DLC at this point besides my own is beyond me, somehow getting kicked off the roster just means you have a free pass into the game anyway? and the pokemon polls being closed early was dumb too, as it killed chances of a proper 6th gen rep being thrown into dlc

Alright, this is where I'm going to take issue.

Why there is ANY confirmed DLC at all, INCLUDING yours is beyond asinine.
For one, it started with a flawed sense of the "Big 4" for Smash, going as far as giving Kirby yet another character it doesn't really need while Donkey Kong, which is much bigger of a series than Kirby, gets left behind with 3 actual slots. And series with enough characters like Mario (which was taken out due to the Falconization) and Zelda get another freebie character, while series with less characters get the short end of the stick because they "weren't good enough" in your eyes to have a character be DLC. I mean Hell, Kid Icarus should have a 2nd character, but that'll only happen if one wins the main DLC poll while Zelda, with plenty of characters, gets another just because.

And two, it gave you a freebie on the basis that "he was one of the first DLC". Well, Agumon was one of the three original members of the Alliance, the other two being Minister (another freebie of yours) and DHD. Why was he not locked into the main roster in the first place when Rentz were taken out of control, why was he one of the expendable ones during the Falconization while someone who got in through whining and begging like Cless stays, and why should he be kicked off confirmed DLC because you don't agree with the concept of any of the ones that aren't the ones you decided? Answer me that.
Other than that, a character that had to be taken out for Falconization that people voted to have is also on confirmed DLC (Anthony Higgs). Should the community be denied the character they voted for as a Metroid character simply because you don't want any confirmed DLC that isn't what you decided upon?

As for the Pokemon poll, you can't honestly tell me that you were expecting 6th Gen to show its face by the time the Pokemon DLC poll would have ended.
Aside from that, you want to know WHY it ended? Because, again, due to Falconization. With Mario getting another character (Geno) as a result of it, Pokemon, out of fairness, was given a 2nd DLC. And it just so happened that only two were really making waves, Meowth and Deoxys. With Meowth in the lead.
So even if we waited for the 6th Gen or even the 7TH Gen, which for all we know might show ITS face by the time we actually do DLC, it would take quite a lot for a newer Pokemon to outdo at least Deoxys (and if that were to happen, then we wouldn't have a proper 3rd Gen; so much for giving every Gen a rep unless you were to disallow Meowth, but then you'd be essentially screwing over everyone who voted for him for the sake of a shallow reason like representing every Gen). So no, it was not a "dumb" decision. If anything, making the fudge cake poll in the FIRST PLACE was the dumb decision. And you have yourself to blame for that.

EDIT: Actually, to be completely honest, we shouldn't have even HAD anything in regards to DLC until the damn game was finished!
Back to top Go down

Lip VS Prinny Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lip VS Prinny   Lip VS Prinny EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 9:47 pm

Dela Mochimazzi wrote:
Mr. Mistress wrote:

I still have trouble understanding why people who likely won't even be making the extra content are complaining about getting it.

It's true that I most likely won't be making any of the characters, but that brings me to my question: WHO WILL? Before you say "The Spriting team duh," I highly doubt they sound enthusiastic about spriting Twenty-something characters for a game that's, for all intents and purposes, finished. If they wanted to do so, then I wouldn't have a problem. But I'm not confident that they will.
Back to top Go down

Lip VS Prinny Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lip VS Prinny   Lip VS Prinny EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 10:03 pm

GoldenYuiitusin wrote:
EDIT: Actually, to be completely honest, we shouldn't have even HAD anything in regards to DLC until the damn game was finished!
Preach
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

Lip VS Prinny Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lip VS Prinny   Lip VS Prinny EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 11:15 pm

Update on Lip VS Prinny Poll
As of 1/31/13 at 2:02AM EST

You have 3 options available on this poll. Those options being;

- Lip becomes Confirmed DLC & Prinny moves to DLC Poll

- Prinny remains as Confirmed DLC & Lip remains on DLC Poll

- Replace Prinny's Confimred DLC spot for a 17th vote option for DLC Poll.

6 votes for Lip
Supporters:
Spoiler:

0 votes for Prinny
Supporters:
Spoiler:

3 votes for 17th Option
Supporters:
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Lip VS Prinny Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lip VS Prinny   Lip VS Prinny Empty

Back to top Go down

Lip VS Prinny
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Project Crusade Community :: Suggestion Poll Board :: Suggestion Poll General Discussion-
Jump to:  
Create free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com