HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Six SSBC Prototypes Dating as Early as March 2009

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dr.MarioX
Level 8 CPU
Dr.MarioX

Six SSBC Prototypes Dating as Early as March 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Six SSBC Prototypes Dating as Early as March 2009   Six SSBC Prototypes Dating as Early as March 2009 EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 3:16 pm

I was looking for one gmk file. I found six relevant gmk files, giving Crusade a prototype history similar to Sonic 2. Oddly, I've always liked playing prototypes of games. This is not only a nice treat for those die-hard fans of Crusade, but it also gives us an opportunity to really expand our article on The Cutting Room Floor. Smile

There are six, each of them I have named:
PhantomWai Prototype (May 2009)
Field Prototype (August 2009)
Nick Crusade Prototype (September 2009)
SFMK Prototype (December 2009)
Street Fighter Vs Dragon Ball Z Prototype (June 2009)
PhantomZant Prototype (March 2009)

The first one was last updated in May of 2009 and is playable with Game Maker 7 Pro. It includes info for 65 characters, 17 of which are playable (all of them except for Petey are playable now). Oddly, it's icon is nicer than the one used for 0.8.4. I call this the PhantomWai Prototype.

The second one can't be played too easily, because there are missing external stage files. It was last updated in August 2009, about the time the new engine began development. It's only notable change from PhantomWai (other than external stage files and some cleaning up in the gmk) is the inclusion of a Hyrule Field stage from Ocarina of Time. I'll call this one the Field Prototype.

The third one was pre-0.1 release, which was last updated in September of 2009. This was the very early stages of the new engine, including only Mario, Link, Ryu, and Sonic and Battlefield and Final Destination as its only stages. Final Smashes are available and matches can even be entered with one player. I call it the Nick Crusade Prototype.

The next too are Crusade's engine, but a tad different.

The fourth little thing here is what I call the SFMK Prototype. It appears to be the basis of a Smash Bros. clone crossover of Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat. The only character than can be played is Ryu, for he is the only character with external files. A folder exists for Ken, but it is empty. It was last updated December of 2009, meaning that is was before the release of Demo 0.1 in Janurary 2010 and it used that engine. I have not played it myself, but I fear that it cannot be played in the state it was discovered in. Also included is a near empty gmk with a simple "int" script for Ryu, but it's last update was September of 2010...

The fifth gmk was last updated in June of 2009. I'll call it the Street Fighter Vs Dragon Ball Z Prototype. It's a fitting name, because that's exactly what it is. I remember the branching off of Crusade to make this little side game. While a few of the original Crusade fighters can be chosen, Ryu and Goku are the main attraction, followed by two newcomers, Ken and Vegeta (both fully functional). Piccolo has animations within the gmk, so it's safe to assume that he was beginning development just before the project was abandoned.

To my surprise, there was a sixth gmk. From memory, I remembered it being a clone of the PhantomWai proto, but it's actually three months older. I call it the PhantomZant Prototype, because it includes Zant, who was the first character to ever be programmed for Crusade. This gmk also includes two of every animation, one for facing left and one for facing right. Knuckles and Sonic are also notably different, because they were originally scaled up and sprited by Phantom7. Overall, PhantomZant includes the same amount of characters as PhantomWai, but Zant and Jigglypuff are exclusive to PhantomZant and PhantomWai respectively. PhantomZant, despite being an earlier gmk, features more stages.

Downloads:
When you download these, don't do anything mean or nasty just because they are gmk files. Be a hero and help us dig up odd information or unused content. It would be pretty cool, you know.
Download the PhantomWai Prototype HERE.
Download the Field Prototype HERE.
Download the Nick Crusade Prototype Here
Download the SFMK Prototype HERE.
Download the Street Fighter Vs Dragon Ball Z Prototype HERE.
Download the PhantomZant Prototype HERE.
Back to top Go down
http://machriderz.deviantart.com/
GigaPichu

GigaPichu

PostSubject: Re: Six SSBC Prototypes Dating as Early as March 2009   Six SSBC Prototypes Dating as Early as March 2009 EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 3:29 pm

I'd love to see some vids of the one with Zant XD
Back to top Go down
Dejv
Level 3 CPU
Dejv

PostSubject: Re: Six SSBC Prototypes Dating as Early as March 2009   Six SSBC Prototypes Dating as Early as March 2009 EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 1:08 am

Same here. Please make one. I always wanted Zant in Crusade. Razz
Back to top Go down
desu
Level 6 CPU
desu

Yoshi
  fanyoshixD

PostSubject: Re: Six SSBC Prototypes Dating as Early as March 2009   Six SSBC Prototypes Dating as Early as March 2009 EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 5:56 am

with which i can open the games?
Back to top Go down
Dr.MarioX
Level 8 CPU
Dr.MarioX

PostSubject: Re: Six SSBC Prototypes Dating as Early as March 2009   Six SSBC Prototypes Dating as Early as March 2009 EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 7:25 am

All of them have gmk files, so if you have Game Maker 7, you can open them. To play them, you need Game Maker 7 Pro.
Back to top Go down
GigaPichu

GigaPichu

PostSubject: Re: Six SSBC Prototypes Dating as Early as March 2009   Six SSBC Prototypes Dating as Early as March 2009 EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 8:28 am

DMX if you're gonna post links at least dont be trolling us with them.

You should at least make a video of the Zant one since i've been dying to see what he looked like and I dont have GM7.
Back to top Go down
Dr.MarioX
Level 8 CPU
Dr.MarioX

PostSubject: Re: Six SSBC Prototypes Dating as Early as March 2009   Six SSBC Prototypes Dating as Early as March 2009 EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 8:33 am

My nice computer has Game Maker 7, but no Game Maker 7 Pro.
I'll have to get that, then I will upload gameplay of each.
Back to top Go down
Dejv
Level 3 CPU
Dejv

PostSubject: Re: Six SSBC Prototypes Dating as Early as March 2009   Six SSBC Prototypes Dating as Early as March 2009 EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 11:53 am

When will it be?
I mean, really, Zant in crusade! Gah.
Back to top Go down
ChristianSmash64
Level 3 CPU
ChristianSmash64

ChristianSmash

PostSubject: Re: Six SSBC Prototypes Dating as Early as March 2009   Six SSBC Prototypes Dating as Early as March 2009 EmptySun Jun 11, 2017 8:06 am

We need all of the older versions of Crusade reuploaded!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Six SSBC Prototypes Dating as Early as March 2009   Six SSBC Prototypes Dating as Early as March 2009 Empty

Back to top Go down

Six SSBC Prototypes Dating as Early as March 2009
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1