HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Balloon Fighter moveset

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
LightZX
Level 5 CPU
LightZX

Balloon Fighter moveset Empty
PostSubject: Balloon Fighter moveset   Balloon Fighter moveset EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 7:53 pm

So I was bored on chat and decided to make a general moveset for Balloon Fighter.

So general gimmick, Balloons changes how Balloon fighter works in the air and ground. Balloons are maxed out at 2. At the beginning of the game he starts out with 1 balloon. On ground he is slowed down by the balloons, meaning he is fastest when he has zero balloons on ground. Balloon Fighter gets 2 jumps with 0 balloons, 3 jumps for 1 balloon, and 5 jumps with 2 balloons. Balloons pop with 20 hits. In the air balloons let balloon fighter hover. Air speed is also increased with more balloons.

Side Special: On the ground Balloon fighter runs forward faster than normal and deals damage. In the air Balloon Fighter flys forward, and deals damage, but only when he has a balloon. On the ground and in the air, this move gives Balloon fighter slight super armor.

Neutral Special: Balloon Fighter starts inflating a balloon, when the special button is released, the balloon shoots out. Speed and Damage depend on how long the balloon is inflated.

Up Special: Balloon fighter starts flapping his arms to gain upward motion.
This is more effective the more balloons Balloon Fighter has.

Down Special: Balloon Fighter starts inflating balloons.

This what Giga and I made together. Giga Mostly.
Back to top Go down
SP

cellularSP

PostSubject: Re: Balloon Fighter moveset   Balloon Fighter moveset EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 8:28 pm

Balloons have been kind of decided to affect how he moves around, it wouldn't make sense to not have that gimmick.

The moveset in the OP isn't bad. Just not very representational in my opinion... but I know no one really gives a crap about that anymore. But here is my suggestion, not originally made by me but whatevers:

NSpecial - Balloon Pump: Balloon Fighter inflates a balloon, thus giving him another balloon to work with (maxing out at 2). If he inflates whilst having 2 balloons, a balloon behind him will automatically pop, which can damage nearby opponents for the lulz. Origin: Enemy balloon fighters could inflate new balloons when theirs were broken in the original balloon fight.

SSpecial - Flipper: Balloon Fighter throws a flipper (the melee item, if you're wondering what it is). The flipper will deal damage when initially thrown, though it will then stay in the air for a few seconds. While it is in the air, It will deal small damage and knock back to opponents and Balloon Fighter. Origin: The flipper was an obstacle in the original balloon fighter. May have to be changed if the flipper wants to make a return as an actual item.

USpecial - Balloon Burst: Balloon Fighter stands on a balloon and leaps into the air, bursting one of his balloons in the process. The burst can damage opponents if they are underneath it. If used with no balloons, Balloon Fighter will take a very small urge to gain height, but barely gains anything (kind of similar to Popo USpecial with no Nana or Olimar's USpecial with no Pikmin). Also, I think that the enemy balloon fighters in the NES game had parachutes when their balloons were broken. Perhaps if Balloon Fighter uses this move with no balloons he'll put out a parachute, so he'll have more mobility in the air trying to recover (mostly helps horizontally). Idunno. This is the only move that is "made-up", but... yeah.

DSpecial - Static Electricity: Balloon Fighter can only use this move when he has two balloons. When used, Balloon Fighter will rub the two balloons together. A charge of electricity is gained within the balloons, and when the dspecial is used again a lightning bolt will be fired from the balloons. This can be aimed in different directions on ground or in-air, though obviously you have more options in-air. Origin: Thundercloud hazards could shoot electricity in Balloon Fight.

Final Smash - Balloon Trip (?): Somewhat iffy on this idea, but basically enemy balloon fighters come to litter the stage, who can damage opponents. Maybe balloon fighter can get some speed and damage boosts as well, Idunno. Origin: Balloon Fight, Imean... well, Idunno what else to put. Basically I'm an unoriginal person.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Balloon Fighter moveset   Balloon Fighter moveset EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 11:48 am

StayPuft wrote:
Balloons have been kind of decided to affect how he moves around, it wouldn't make sense to not have that gimmick.

The moveset in the OP isn't bad. Just not very representational in my opinion... but I know no one really gives a crap about that anymore. But here is my suggestion, not originally made by me but whatevers:

NSpecial - Balloon Pump: Balloon Fighter inflates a balloon, thus giving him another balloon to work with (maxing out at 2). If he inflates whilst having 2 balloons, a balloon behind him will automatically pop, which can damage nearby opponents for the lulz. Origin: Enemy balloon fighters could inflate new balloons when theirs were broken in the original balloon fight.

SSpecial - Flipper: Balloon Fighter throws a flipper (the melee item, if you're wondering what it is). The flipper will deal damage when initially thrown, though it will then stay in the air for a few seconds. While it is in the air, It will deal small damage and knock back to opponents and Balloon Fighter. Origin: The flipper was an obstacle in the original balloon fighter. May have to be changed if the flipper wants to make a return as an actual item.

USpecial - Balloon Burst: Balloon Fighter stands on a balloon and leaps into the air, bursting one of his balloons in the process. The burst can damage opponents if they are underneath it. If used with no balloons, Balloon Fighter will take a very small urge to gain height, but barely gains anything (kind of similar to Popo USpecial with no Nana or Olimar's USpecial with no Pikmin). Also, I think that the enemy balloon fighters in the NES game had parachutes when their balloons were broken. Perhaps if Balloon Fighter uses this move with no balloons he'll put out a parachute, so he'll have more mobility in the air trying to recover (mostly helps horizontally). Idunno. This is the only move that is "made-up", but... yeah.

DSpecial - Static Electricity: Balloon Fighter can only use this move when he has two balloons. When used, Balloon Fighter will rub the two balloons together. A charge of electricity is gained within the balloons, and when the dspecial is used again a lightning bolt will be fired from the balloons. This can be aimed in different directions on ground or in-air, though obviously you have more options in-air. Origin: Thundercloud hazards could shoot electricity in Balloon Fight.

Final Smash - Balloon Trip (?): Somewhat iffy on this idea, but basically enemy balloon fighters come to litter the stage, who can damage opponents. Maybe balloon fighter can get some speed and damage boosts as well, Idunno. Origin: Balloon Fight, Imean... well, Idunno what else to put. Basically I'm an unoriginal person.
We should use this, but he should get some sort of dspecial when he had less than two. Yay Flipper!
Back to top Go down
danick
Level 4 CPU

PostSubject: Re: Balloon Fighter moveset   Balloon Fighter moveset EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 12:11 pm

I like more StayPuft
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Balloon Fighter moveset   Balloon Fighter moveset Empty

Back to top Go down

Balloon Fighter moveset
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1