HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Project Four : Smashing Predictions

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Blitz [BANNED]
Level 7 CPU

Project Four : Smashing Predictions Empty
PostSubject: Project Four : Smashing Predictions   Project Four : Smashing Predictions EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 6:16 pm

This will be my topic for my own Smash Brothers 4 Roster, new characters, new movesets, and the like. Updates may happen every week or so. Be sure to critique my roster, and suggest things for the characters.

The Roster
Mario Series:
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
*Bowser Junior
Mario Spin-Offs
Wario
Yoshi
Donkey Kong
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
*King K. Rool
Legend of Zelda
Link
Zelda / Sheik
*Ganondorf
*Toon Link
*Tingle
Pokemon
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Pokemon Trainer : Squirtle/Ivysaur/Charizard
*Meowth
*Zoroark
Metroid
Samus / Zero Suit
*Ridley
Star Fox
Fox
*Falco
*Wolf
*Krystal
Kirby
Kirby
Meta Knight
King Dedede
*Dark Matter
Earthbound
Ness
Lucas
*Masked Man
Fire Emblem
Marth
Ike
*Sothe
F-Zero
Captain Falcon
*Samurai Goroh
Other Series
Olimar
Pit
Classic
R.O.B.
Ice Climbers
Game&Watch
*Little Mac
*Sukapon
*Takamaru
Third Party
Sonic the Hedgehog
Solid Snake
*Mega Man
*Geno
*Rayman
The Newbies
Bowser Junior

Because of his recurrence in recent Mario games, Bowser Junior has joined the Smash series. He wields the Magic Paintbrush. He is a medium weight character, who focuses on weakening the opponent before striking. For his standard attacks, he focuses on using his claws that aren't holding the paintbrush and the paintbrush.

Neutral Special : Sonic Roar
Derived from his Mega Strike from Mario Strikers Charged, Bowser Junior screams, and anyone in front of him suffers knockback and shrinks as if he was touched by a poison mushroom. It does not deal sufficient damage.
Side Special : Graffiti Shot
Derived from Super Mario Sunshine and Mario Super Sluggers, Bowser Junior pulls back his paintbrush and swings it forward, shooting a blob of rainbow colored paint that slows down the victim and causes damage.
Up Special : Koopa Clown Copter
Derived from New Super Mario Bros. Wii, Bowser Junior pulls out his Minature Koopa Clown Copter from behind him and pulls it down below him and falls back in, making him rise like Snake's Cypher.
Down Special : Spiked Retreat
Derived from New Super Mario Bros., Bowser Junior retreats into his shell and his spikes grow out slightly. If you hold the Down B, then he stays in his shell. He cannot be knocked back while in his shell and any physical contact deals damage.
Final Smash : Airship Armada
Junior will whistle, summoning airships to the background. He will then jump off screen and land on one of the ships. He can then aim and fire the cannons until the Final Smash ends.
King K. Rool

K. Rool, like most Villains, will be a slow but powerful character. His basic attacks involve biting, punching, and slashing at his victims.

Neutral Special : Blunderbuss
K. Rool pulls out his Blunderbuss and charges like Diddy Kong's Neutral Special. He then shoots a slow moving Cannonball that does decent damage and explodes, but with low range.

Side Special : Krown Boomerang
K. Rool throws his crown like a boomerang, which is faster then Link's boomerang but can't have influenced trajectory

Up Special : Heli-Copter
K. Rool equips the Heli-Copter and starts rising until you hit A. Works like Snake's Up Special.

Down Special : K. Rool Krash
K. Rool jumps and crashes down to the ground, similar to Bowser's Bowser Bomb. Deals damage to people on his left and right.

Final Smash : Kannonball Barrage
K. Rool stomps and cannonballs start falling from the sky. They start rolling around the stage, and explode on contact, doing large damage and knockback.
Tingle

Zoroark

Zoroark will play similar to Lucario and Mewtwo, but will be abit more tricky to hit, having better dodges and such. Zoroark was included because, much to Purple's rage, I believe that Lucario replaced Mewtwo, and because Zoroark has a similar roll to Lucario, being revealed before it's Generation started and having a similar body structure. And they both look badass.

Neutral Special : Shadow Ball

Zoroark charges concentrated shadow energy, and once pressed again, will fire the Shadow Ball. Acts like Mewtwo's Neutral Special in Melee, going in a zig-zag pattern. Can be charged and stored. Chosen because it gives old players that mained Mewtwo or Lucario would still have residue of the character in his special moves.

Side Special : Faint Attack

Zoroark quickly turns to the other side of the screen and dissapears. Then three dark strikes pulse behind him and he appears at a distance, similar to Fox's Side Special.

Down Special : Torment

Zoroark raises its finger and taunts the opponent. If hit, the victim is unable to use their special attacks temporarily.

Up Special : Shadow Claw

Zoroark dissapears and reappears in the direction you tilt. Then a shadowy cut effect appears before he does, dealing nice damage and good knockback.

Final Smash : Night Daze

Zoroark's eyes glow crimson and its body becomes surrounded by a crimson aura. It then raises its arms above its head. When it does, the aura around its forearms gets thicker. It then slams its arms down into the ground. A pink and crimson glowing forcefield of energy appears from the aura around Zoroark's arms and grows larger, spreading all around it. Deals large damage, operating like a more powerful Smart Bomb. Chosen because it is Zoroark's signature move in Pokemon Black and White.

Krystal
Neutral Special : Ice Blaster
Krystal pushes her staff forward, causing a mist of ice particles similar to the Ice Climber's Down Special. Deals low damage but freezes opponents.
Side Special : Demon Launcher
Krystal pulls out the Demon Launcher from Star Fox Assault, and launches a chargeable beam. Deals good damage and knockback that increases based off of how much she charges it.
Down Special : Ground Quake
Krystal jumps upward and smashes her staff into the ground, making a quake around the area doing decent damage and making people stuck in the ground
Up Special : Rocket Boost
Krystal thrusts her staff downward and jets upward, jetting fire from her staff. Decent damage and works as a meteor smash.
Final Smash : Don't Feel Like Making One Up Right Now
Dark Matter

Masked Man

Sothe

Samurai Goroh

Little Mac

Sukapon

Takamaru

Mega Man

Geno

Geno will focus on properly timing his specials to there advantage. If you overcharge it, then the attack will explode with magic, doing damage too you. His standard attacks will focus on his gun fists and the like.

Neutral Special : Geno Beam

Geno's three flower point move in Super Mario RPG (gameplay here).. Geno's fist folds into his arm and a gun pushes out of his arm. He then charges as Red Stars appear above his head one by one. To time it correctly, you must press the special button at the third star to fire the fully charged beam. The longer you charge it, the wider and longer the beam goes. Does good damage and low knockback.

Side Special : Geno Whirl

Geno's eleven flower point move in Super Mario RPG (gameplay here). Geno holds his hands up and Red Stars charge above them one by one. To time it correctly, you must press the special button at the third star to fire the fully charged version. Once the special button is hit again, he throws a golden energy disc forward. At full charge, it deals homerun bat knockback and medium damage. Deals sub standard damage and decent knockback with no charge.

Up Special : Geno Boost

Geno's four flower point move in Super Mario RPG (gameplay here). Geno raises his hands up, and red arrows start going up his body, giving him the ability to overcharge his next special attack without taking damage. In the air, he rises upward as this attack is performed. Deals no damage, but small knockback on people around him.

Down Special : Geno Blast

Geno's twelve flower point move in Super Mario RPG (gameplay here). Geno raises his hands up, and stars of different colors appear above his head. These can be held to charge power. Once released, Geno will push his hands down to the round and streams of light of different colors crash to the ground corresponding to the colors of the stars. Deals large damage and medium knockback.

Final Smash : Geno Flash

Geno's sixteen flower point move in Super Mario RPG (gameplay here). Geno raises his hands up, and 3 red stars appear above him. They then dissapear, and Geno crosses his arms and nods. He then jumps up into the sky and turns into a cannon. He then shoots a large beam, that can be controlled like Lucario's Aura Storm.

Rayman

Uncloned Characters
Ganondorf

Ganondorf currently is terrible, because he is a slow and strong character with the moveset of a fast character. He needed ranged attacks, so he will now take use of his sword and magic attacks.

Toon Link

For Toon Link's new moveset, he will take use of the weaponry that he uses in the Toon Legend of Zelda games.

Neutral Special : The Sand Wand
Based off of the item of the same name from Spirit Tracks, Toon Link pulls out the Sand Wand and charges. Once the button is released, a column of sand raises from the ground infront of him. The longer he charges, the more columns of sand come up. At full charge, he can make enough columns to reach 3/4s of Final Destination. Deals small damage, but large knockback upwards.

Side Special : Wind Waker
Based off of the item from the game of the same name, Toon Link draws the Wind Waker, pulls it back then waves it forward. It shoots a hurricane that goes a larger distance and deals more damage the longer it is charged. Carries victims along with it.

Down Special : Iron Boots
Based off of the Iron Boots from Wind Waker, Toon Link equips the Iron Boots. In the air, he crashes downwards, working similar to Kirby's Down Special. On the ground or once he lands with the boots, he cannot be knocked back, but cannot move. He can perform attacks however. Unequips them by hitting Down Special again.

Up Special : The Cyclone Slate
Based off of the item of the same name from Phantom Hourglass, Toon Link pulls out the Cyclone Slate and starts writing on it, acting as charging. When you release the button, Toon Link dissapears in a tornado and reappears in the direction you press. Goes a larger distance the longer you charge it. Deals no damage but medium knockback when you reappear.

Final Smash : The Lokomo Song
Based off of the Spirit Flute from Spirit Tracks, Toon Link pulls out the Spirit Flute and starts to play it. As this happens, the Lokomo's and Toon Zelda start rotating around him. During this, a large area of effect around him deals medium damage and knockback. The song played during this is the Zelda Duet from Spirit Tracks.
Falco

For Falco's new moveset, I took his slogan "Personally, I prefer the air" to a whole new level. He has combat tactics that change depending on whether or not he is in the air, giving him more gimmicks.

Neutral Special : Demon Sniper Rifle
A weapon useable in Star Fox Assault (gameplay here). If you just hit the Special button, he would shoot a small and weak stunning beam. However, if you charge it, then not only will it do more damage, but it will cause large knockback. While charging, you can also aim the shot diagonally downward or diagonally upward aswell as the default by tipping the control stick up or down. If you are in the air, then it doesn't need to be charged and is fired straight downward. Changed to make differences between Fox, Falco, and Wolf.
Up Special : Booster Pack
Equipment useable in Star Fox Assault (gameplay here). In the game, the booster pack would appear on Falco and he would start rising upward. He would have complete horizontal control. Lasts a good amount of time. My reason behind changing it to this was because, Falco is a bird, he should have a good recovery.
Down Special : Reflector
Unchanged because it works far differently from Fox's.
Final Smash : Arwing
Falco shouts "Personally, I prefer the air!" He then jumps off screen and flys in on his Arwing. It works similar to Fox's Landmaster, but has a higher speed, and can "DO A BARREL ROLL!"
Wolf

For Wolves new moveset, I made Wolf geared more towards damage, and less on agility, similar to the other villains in Super Smash Brothers.

Neutral Special : Machine Gun
A weapon useable in Star Fox Assault (gameplay here). Wolf pulls out the Machine Gun and fires small and weak energy projectiles rapidly until you release the Special Button.
Side Special : Wolf Flash
Unchanged because it works differently from Fox's, and it works well for recovery.
Up Special : Red Fang
Something created by me, to unclone Wolf from Fox. Wolf rushes upward and starts to slash and kick as he rises. Name based off of the name of Wolf's Wolfen's Japanese name.
Down Special : Energy Grenade
A weapon useable in Star Fox Assault (gameplay here). Wolf takes out a grenade an charges it. Charging does not increase the strength, but the grenade explodes after 4 seconds, but when he charges it it decreases the time it takes to explode. It explodes into a energy field.
Final Smash : Star Wolf Assault
Wolf taps his communicator on his ear and says "Move out!". Then 2 Wolvens start dashing across the top and bottom of the screen for a few seconds, doing large damage and knockback. During the period, something similar to the taunt on Lylat Cruise, Panther and Leon start making fun of the victims. If no one is hit, then they will both shout, "Dang we missed!" or something to that effect.

Last edited by Blitz n' Barrage on Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:44 pm; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down
Blitz [BANNED]
Level 7 CPU

PostSubject: Re: Project Four : Smashing Predictions   Project Four : Smashing Predictions EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 4:42 am

Updated with the Bowser Junior moveset
Back to top Go down
GigaPichu

GigaPichu

PostSubject: Re: Project Four : Smashing Predictions   Project Four : Smashing Predictions EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 5:57 am

Micaiah is a no-no
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Project Four : Smashing Predictions   Project Four : Smashing Predictions EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 6:01 am

GigaPichu wrote:
Micaiah is a no-no
Agreed, I'd like to see her, but I think for a 4th Rep Leaf or Sothe would be more likely.
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Ganonthegreat/
GigaPichu

GigaPichu

PostSubject: Re: Project Four : Smashing Predictions   Project Four : Smashing Predictions EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 6:20 am

Leaf? Maybe.

Sothe? Hell No.
The only other Rep that seems possible from the Dawn Duo would be The Black Knight, IMO. Because he is a villain and is considered one of the Series' most badass characters.
Plus, IIRC, Sothe is just Micaiah's 'Attack Dog' and is one of the fools hopelessly obsessed with her 'perfection'.

Anna would probably be the best bet of all, though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Project Four : Smashing Predictions   Project Four : Smashing Predictions EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 9:00 am

Guys, Micaiah isn't even the 4th Rep. She's the 3rd. Meaning, he doesn't even have Roy or Krom.
Back to top Go down
GigaPichu

GigaPichu

PostSubject: Re: Project Four : Smashing Predictions   Project Four : Smashing Predictions EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 9:02 am

oh I didn't notice that.

Yeah complete bull.
Back to top Go down
Blitz [BANNED]
Level 7 CPU

PostSubject: Re: Project Four : Smashing Predictions   Project Four : Smashing Predictions EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 10:34 am

I haven't played Fire Emblem before, I didn't know who was important, it just seemed she was important.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Project Four : Smashing Predictions   Project Four : Smashing Predictions EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 1:51 pm

Rayman and/or Ezio but no one else sees them as likely as I do so

Also, Takamaru seems like a shoe-in at the moment
Back to top Go down
AEM

AEM

Ariand54321

PostSubject: Re: Project Four : Smashing Predictions   Project Four : Smashing Predictions EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 2:46 pm

Esper wrote:

Ubisoft is close to a shoe-in in getting a Third Party, you aren't the only one Bro.

And yes, because of his game's appearance in Nintendo Land. It's very unlikely that he won't make it in.
Back to top Go down
Blitz [BANNED]
Level 7 CPU

PostSubject: Re: Project Four : Smashing Predictions   Project Four : Smashing Predictions EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 11:56 am

AEM wrote:
Esper wrote:

Ubisoft is close to a shoe-in in getting a Third Party, you aren't the only one Bro.

And yes, because of his game's appearance in Nintendo Land. It's very unlikely that he won't make it in.
I didn't want to have two Samurai in my roster, but I've seen arguements for Takamaru, so I'll probably add him,
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Project Four : Smashing Predictions   Project Four : Smashing Predictions EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 12:14 pm

OMG TWO SAMURAI IS THE END OF THE WORLD.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Project Four : Smashing Predictions   Project Four : Smashing Predictions EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 12:16 pm

Out of the 2 samurai, I'd say Takamaru has more of a shot than Goroh.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Project Four : Smashing Predictions   Project Four : Smashing Predictions EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 12:24 pm

Wolf does not need a new moveset. He'ss actually fine as is, and not a clone like people think. His specials could use some decloning though.

I also came up with my own Masked Man moveset during the Mother poll, but Porky won, and now it is null.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Project Four : Smashing Predictions   Project Four : Smashing Predictions EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 2:48 pm

I'll just leave this here
https://twitter.com/Sora_Sakurai/status/215707283961823232/photo/1
Back to top Go down
M. Bison
Level 5 CPU
M. Bison

PostSubject: Re: Project Four : Smashing Predictions   Project Four : Smashing Predictions EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 2:51 pm

Mrs. Master wrote:
I'll just leave this here
https://twitter.com/Sora_Sakurai/status/215707283961823232/photo/1
What is this I don't even.
And Why the heck is Viridi ahead of Palutena (and Sonic and Fox for that matter) in whatever poll that is?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Project Four : Smashing Predictions   Project Four : Smashing Predictions EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 3:22 pm

Found these on Smash boards.
http://ssb4u.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/img_2961.jpg

http://ssb4u.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/img_2960.jpg
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Project Four : Smashing Predictions   Project Four : Smashing Predictions EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 3:47 pm

There are a few there I don't actually recognise, which surprises me. I think one of the ones I don't know is from Inazuma Eleven.

Seriously surprised Pit is #1, also surprised about Viridi, because I thought Hades and Magnus would be ahead of her. Also, Pittoo should be a costume at best.
Back to top Go down
Keven
Level 5 CPU
Keven

PostSubject: Re: Project Four : Smashing Predictions   Project Four : Smashing Predictions EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 4:22 pm

Krom ( Fire Emblem Awakening ) is really in good position . is even more popular than Ike and Marth i hope he will be in SSB4 .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Project Four : Smashing Predictions   Project Four : Smashing Predictions EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 4:34 pm

Bear in mind that all this is just a popularity contest. Sakurai only tweeted the one that Pit got #1 for because he was shocked and happy that was the case.
Back to top Go down
M. Bison
Level 5 CPU
M. Bison

PostSubject: Re: Project Four : Smashing Predictions   Project Four : Smashing Predictions EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 4:37 pm

Silver Lightan wrote:
Bear in mind that all this is just a popularity contest. Sakurai only tweeted the one that Pit got #1 for because he was shocked and happy that was the case.
I figured it was something like that. Even so how is Viridi so high?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Project Four : Smashing Predictions   Project Four : Smashing Predictions EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 5:43 pm

She's a Tsundere.
Back to top Go down
Maikeru
Level 5 CPU
Maikeru

PostSubject: Re: Project Four : Smashing Predictions   Project Four : Smashing Predictions EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 6:30 pm

Silver Lightan wrote:
Probably due to Kid Icarus Uprising ._.
So we might see some pretty new arsenal coming along the way
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Project Four : Smashing Predictions   Project Four : Smashing Predictions EmptySun Jun 24, 2012 11:22 pm

Although, this poll holds *some* merit.
Since Sakurai obviously knows about the poll since he tweeted it, he knows the following:

1. Waluigi is popular. Hell, not even Wario made Top 20. Possibly he would consider Waluigi?
2. Both Krom and Ike are popular, so there is no need to cut Ike for Krom.
3. Viridi, Dark Pit, and Palutena are popular. Which in turn would mean a 2nd character for Kid Icarus would not be such a bad idea. And for all we know, it could range from Palutena, Medusa, Hades, Magnus, Dark Pit, or Viridi.
Back to top Go down
Blitz [BANNED]
Level 7 CPU

PostSubject: Re: Project Four : Smashing Predictions   Project Four : Smashing Predictions EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 4:53 am

Silver Lightan wrote:
Since Sakurai obviously knows about the poll since he tweeted it, he knows the following:

1. Waluigi is popular. Hell, not even Wario made Top 20. Possibly he would consider Waluigi?
3. Viridi, Dark Pit, and Palutena are popular. Which in turn would mean a 2nd character for Kid Icarus would not be such a bad idea. And for all we know, it could range from Palutena, Medusa, Hades, Magnus, Dark Pit, or Viridi.
I can almost guarantee that it won't be Dark Pit. He is pretty much a recolor of our current Pit, and wouldn't have much of a different moveset. I'm hoping that we get Medusa or Hades, so we can get some villains up in this hizhouse
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Project Four : Smashing Predictions   Project Four : Smashing Predictions EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 5:10 am

Since I haven't played KIU, the only reason I'd ever want Hades is so I can rapidly switch between him and Pit on the character select screen to hear the announcer chant "PIT! HADES! PIT! HADES!" etc
Back to top Go down
Slissith

Slissith

( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

PostSubject: Re: Project Four : Smashing Predictions   Project Four : Smashing Predictions EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 7:56 am

Esper wrote:
Since I haven't played KIU, the only reason I'd ever want Hades is so I can rapidly switch between him and Pit on the character select screen to hear the announcer chant "PIT! HADES! PIT! HADES!" etc

I'm pretty sure Sakurai will add Hades for this very reason.
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Project Four : Smashing Predictions   Project Four : Smashing Predictions EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 8:08 am

Esper wrote:
I would do that all day.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Project Four : Smashing Predictions   Project Four : Smashing Predictions EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 8:18 am

Blitz n' Barrage wrote:
Silver Lightan wrote:

I can almost guarantee that it won't be Dark Pit. He is pretty much a recolor of our current Pit, and wouldn't have much of a different moveset. I'm hoping that we get Medusa or Hades, so we can get some villains up in this hizhouse
I thought this too, but then I remembered; Luigi.
I can honestly see Dark Pit ending up as a Luigi version of Pit who switches off the 6 main weapons he uses.
Back to top Go down
M. Bison
Level 5 CPU
M. Bison

PostSubject: Re: Project Four : Smashing Predictions   Project Four : Smashing Predictions EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 10:46 am

Dark Pit was created because of the popularity of Pit's Smash Bros. Alternate Color. So he's already just Pit's alternate color.

Anyway I hope it's Palutena. But Please no Viridi.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Project Four : Smashing Predictions   Project Four : Smashing Predictions Empty

Back to top Go down

Project Four : Smashing Predictions
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next