Perspective Stages: Yes or No? (A community discussion thread) BklTYr4

Project Crusade Community

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Perspective Stages: Yes or No? (A community discussion thread)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Perspective Stage Remakes or No?
Yes
Perspective Stages: Yes or No? (A community discussion thread) Bar_left65%Perspective Stages: Yes or No? (A community discussion thread) Bar_right
 65% [ 11 ]
Maybe
Perspective Stages: Yes or No? (A community discussion thread) Bar_left12%Perspective Stages: Yes or No? (A community discussion thread) Bar_right
 12% [ 2 ]
No
Perspective Stages: Yes or No? (A community discussion thread) Bar_left23%Perspective Stages: Yes or No? (A community discussion thread) Bar_right
 23% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 17

AuthorMessage
Maikeru
Level 5 CPU
Maikeru

Perspective Stages: Yes or No? (A community discussion thread) Empty
PostSubject: Perspective Stages: Yes or No? (A community discussion thread)   Perspective Stages: Yes or No? (A community discussion thread) EmptyTue May 15, 2012 10:12 pm

Now don't say im going against Felipe (Dat Fleep) because im not but in a overall question for the entire community: How do you feel about the perspective stages?

Do you feel like they're gonna improve crusade by alot or do you think that it really doesn't fit what crusade is going for?

Do the sprites need changes because of this or is there something about the stage that needs to fit the characters instead? (I know.. Random question)

You don't need to answer these questions of mine. The point i made is topic/poll is for a community discussion about the new perspective remakes of old crusade stages and to see if players will like or hate this new change coming up for the v0.8.5 patch for SSB Crusade

Heres an example of what im talking about
https://projectcrusade.forumotion.com/t864-cutman-arena-with-perspective

Now apparently there has been an old somebody who goes by the name DMX who disagrees with this because he claims it'll remove the nostalgia. Please don't say that DMX is retarded or DMX needs to burn but everyone has their own honest opinion and it helps if the community can discuss it properly so that everyone (about 75-100%% of the community) is ok with the new perspective remakes

Remember:
-This is just a discussion thread.. this is to give your own honest thoughts on the perspective changes and whether or not they should be in SSBC V0.8.5 patch

-Do not disrespect others or put yourself on a higher level, dev or not. We want the community to agree with this aswell.. Not just you.

-No Spamming/Flaming/Trolling please. This is supposed to be a proper community discussion thread

-A poll is put up. Vote cancelling is allowed in case you want to change your decision

Discuss c:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Perspective Stages: Yes or No? (A community discussion thread)   Perspective Stages: Yes or No? (A community discussion thread) EmptyWed May 16, 2012 3:49 am

I like the perspective that's being added to these stages. It makes the game look more professional IMO.
Back to top Go down
Dr.MarioX
Level 8 CPU
Dr.MarioX

PostSubject: Re: Perspective Stages: Yes or No? (A community discussion thread)   Perspective Stages: Yes or No? (A community discussion thread) EmptyWed May 16, 2012 5:48 am

The biggest problem with the game that everyone knows are clashing sprites. How can we fix this? By respriting some unfitting characters, of course.

How can we make it worse? By making every stage look like a render of a 3D model.

Let's look at something interesting I did. It's Zoness from Star Fox 64:
Perspective Stages: Yes or No? (A community discussion thread) 2f425aca2d798f12c460b094bf3cc59f
Notice that the main sections of the stage are sprite work from scratch and it looks good.

Should I also bring up my version of The Chozo Ruins from Metroid Prime?
Perspective Stages: Yes or No? (A community discussion thread) D5f1ac618dda6b36c98b40469686e916

These two are examples of what I think all stages should be like- a sprite style with a few effects. The new perspective takes away from the retro stages.
Back to top Go down
http://machriderz.deviantart.com/
Maikeru
Level 5 CPU
Maikeru

PostSubject: Re: Perspective Stages: Yes or No? (A community discussion thread)   Perspective Stages: Yes or No? (A community discussion thread) EmptyWed May 16, 2012 7:01 am

Dr.MarioX wrote:
The biggest problem with the game that everyone knows are clashing sprites. How can we fix this? By respriting some unfitting characters, of course.

How can we make it worse? By making every stage look like a render of a 3D model.

http://neuropod.net/imagehost/uploads/2f425aca2d798f12c460b094bf3cc59f.png
Notice that the main sections of the stage are sprite work from scratch and it looks good.

http://neuropod.net/imagehost/uploads/d5f1ac618dda6b36c98b40469686e916.png

These two are examples of what I think all stages should be like- a sprite style with a few effects. The new perspective takes away from the retro stages.
Well for starters: Final Destination and Battlefield converted to a 3D appeal and look better than they are

The only bad 3D stage i encountered was Mute City: Simply because it looked lazy
But yea.. I agree/disagree with you on some point.

However, this is basically a unique approach for SSBC because its something that other smash brother games haven't done.
Still, i do find it a bit hard to accept these 3D perspective changes right away but who knows... Maybe it might help SSBC in the right direction.. We'll just have to wait and see

Btw, Nice stages you made Smile
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: Perspective Stages: Yes or No? (A community discussion thread)   Perspective Stages: Yes or No? (A community discussion thread) EmptyWed May 16, 2012 7:06 am

Mr. mistress wrote:
I like the perspective that's being added to these stages. It makes the game look more professional IMO.
Basically this, looking at the Youtube video of Link v Ridley I don't think it even really chashes with the 2D characters. It's a great change in my opinion.

Obviously there should be some stages that remain 2D, like Q*Bert, Pac-Man and possibly Tetris, but the vast majority should have this change.
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Ganonthegreat/
Jak

Klonoa

PostSubject: Re: Perspective Stages: Yes or No? (A community discussion thread)   Perspective Stages: Yes or No? (A community discussion thread) EmptyWed May 16, 2012 7:10 am

The issue is much broader than pre-rendered/drawn stages.

It's about where the general visuals of Crusade are going.
Back to top Go down
Level 4 CPU

PostSubject: Re: Perspective Stages: Yes or No? (A community discussion thread)   Perspective Stages: Yes or No? (A community discussion thread) EmptyWed May 16, 2012 3:29 pm

Dr.MarioX wrote:

Perspective Stages: Yes or No? (A community discussion thread) 2f425aca2d798f12c460b094bf3cc59f

Perspective Stages: Yes or No? (A community discussion thread) D5f1ac618dda6b36c98b40469686e916

yeah but its not happening.

Also, send me the zoness sprites in separated layer please, i think with a few we can include it.

Also, for everyone, Mute City was never revamped, its the same from 0.5
Back to top Go down
Dr.MarioX
Level 8 CPU
Dr.MarioX

PostSubject: Re: Perspective Stages: Yes or No? (A community discussion thread)   Perspective Stages: Yes or No? (A community discussion thread) EmptyWed May 16, 2012 4:32 pm

I honestly think we'd be a bit more credit for actually hand drawing most of our stages. A lot of people would see that making most of our stages 3D model rips as lazy. Besides, hand drawing is a very quick process. I finished Chozo Ruins in a little over a day and Zoness in three or four. Most characters in the game also have pixel-width black outlines like these two stages and those who don't are more than likely to be resprited anyways.
Back to top Go down
Level 4 CPU

PostSubject: Re: Perspective Stages: Yes or No? (A community discussion thread)   Perspective Stages: Yes or No? (A community discussion thread) EmptyWed May 16, 2012 5:35 pm

>Rips
>Modeled from 0

Yeeaaaaaaaaaah

Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

PostSubject: Re: Perspective Stages: Yes or No? (A community discussion thread)   Perspective Stages: Yes or No? (A community discussion thread) EmptyWed May 16, 2012 6:35 pm

I don't think this is something to be decided on for all stages at once. This should be done on a case-by-case basis. Stages that would look nicer from it can get 3d renders, stages that really need the nostalgia feel don't get the treatment
Back to top Go down
Dr.MarioX
Level 8 CPU
Dr.MarioX

PostSubject: Re: Perspective Stages: Yes or No? (A community discussion thread)   Perspective Stages: Yes or No? (A community discussion thread) EmptyWed May 16, 2012 7:04 pm

The only stages that aren't 3D shouldn't be just for nostalgic purposes.
Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

PostSubject: Re: Perspective Stages: Yes or No? (A community discussion thread)   Perspective Stages: Yes or No? (A community discussion thread) EmptyWed May 16, 2012 7:16 pm

I disagree. While your Chozo Ruins there is ok and so is Zoness, they would look much better with a 3d render. 2d for nostalgia would be ideal. Think console smash's G&W stage
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: Perspective Stages: Yes or No? (A community discussion thread)   Perspective Stages: Yes or No? (A community discussion thread) EmptyWed May 16, 2012 7:25 pm

Updated the OP with the Pokemon stages, sorry about that. lol
Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

PostSubject: Re: Perspective Stages: Yes or No? (A community discussion thread)   Perspective Stages: Yes or No? (A community discussion thread) EmptyWed May 16, 2012 7:42 pm

SmashKing201 wrote:
Wrong thread
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: Perspective Stages: Yes or No? (A community discussion thread)   Perspective Stages: Yes or No? (A community discussion thread) EmptyWed May 16, 2012 7:48 pm

perfecthell4 wrote:
SmashKing201 wrote:
Wrong thread

o_0 Sorry again (FAIL)

Anyways continue your topic
Back to top Go down
Dry

PostSubject: Re: Perspective Stages: Yes or No? (A community discussion thread)   Perspective Stages: Yes or No? (A community discussion thread) EmptyWed May 16, 2012 10:30 pm

Felipe, while I totally agree with your new 3D renders, what the hell is going on with you lately? You seem more arrogant and obnoxious than ever. Just puff down before you screw up again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Perspective Stages: Yes or No? (A community discussion thread)   Perspective Stages: Yes or No? (A community discussion thread) Empty

Back to top Go down

Perspective Stages: Yes or No? (A community discussion thread)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1