A few changes to the rules? BklTYr4

Project Crusade Community

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A few changes to the rules?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

A few changes to the rules? Empty
PostSubject: A few changes to the rules?   A few changes to the rules? EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 4:29 pm

Well, it has come to my attention that quite a few of the rules are misleading, sub-par, and simply carried over from the old forum. I'd like to address a few of the problems I feel there are with the current rules.

1. The first rule states that "posts that simply restate things that have already been said" and that any posts that do not have more than 10 characters are forbidden. The former, although I can see why it can be retained, has already been broken more than once without warning. The latter has been broken many times, and no one has been concerned. It also lists that "I'm new" threads are forbidden, even though we have a whole board for that. It states that posts informing the creator that the thread is going to get closed is forbidden. That isn't bad at all; I don't see the problem with that. Bumps have also been done. The section that states that the spam board may be deleted should also be omitted, as I doubt that would ever be a problem.

2. No problems

3. The rules state that we have an automatic sensor. This is blatantly false, and we are lenient about swearing anyways. This part of the third rule should be omitted.

4. While the rules state there is no advertising, there is a fine line between advertising and showcasing something that you wish to get support for. The rules to not do a very good job discerning between the two, and while I agree with the fact that accounts should be terminated if they're made solely for advertising, it should still be edited a bit. Also, it says to contact Werekill if you're in doubt of what is acceptable. A she is not a mod anymore, the name should be replaced with an active mod.

5. 200px is a bit too strict, 300 or 400 sounds better. However, this rule has been ignored somewhat. I would suggest mentioning the inclusion of spoilers in this rule, mainly for n00bs.

6. I agree with most of these rules, although we should be able to at least talk about ROMs. However, download links should not be tolerated, of course.

7. No problems

8. This is more of a subsection of rule #3, and should either be moved there or omitted completely.

9. Mods are allowed, and have been posted. Det has even mentioned the interest of having a mod board. This rule should be deleted.

10. This rule was only created in the issue at the beginning of the forums that I'd rather not mention, and was edited to meme abuse just to stay there. It's kind of a silly rule.

11a. Images and videos should be allowed with a spoiler, as well as images that only occupy a small amount of space.

11b. Cursing is allowed

11c. No problems

11d. No problems

It would be much appreciated if you would take the time to read this, mods/admins, as I feel it may deter new members from what is right and what is wrong.
Back to top Go down
Super Smash Bros Crusade
Administrator
Super Smash Bros Crusade

PostSubject: Re: A few changes to the rules?   A few changes to the rules? EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 5:12 pm

I'll redo the entire Global Rules come June if Golden/Plas/SK doesn't get to it before me.
Back to top Go down
https://projectcrusade.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: A few changes to the rules?   A few changes to the rules? EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 11:45 pm

Da Generic Name wrote:
Well, it has come to my attention that quite a few of the rules are misleading, sub-par, and simply carried over from the old forum. I'd like to address a few of the problems I feel there are with the current rules.

1. The first rule states that "posts that simply restate things that have already been said" and that any posts that do not have more than 10 characters are forbidden. The former, although I can see why it can be retained, has already been broken more than once without warning. The latter has been broken many times, and no one has been concerned. It also lists that "I'm new" threads are forbidden, even though we have a whole board for that. It states that posts informing the creator that the thread is going to get closed is forbidden. That isn't bad at all; I don't see the problem with that. Bumps have also been done. The section that states that the spam board may be deleted should also be omitted, as I doubt that would ever be a problem. This shall be edited.

2. No problems

3. The rules state that we have an automatic sensor. This is blatantly false, and we are lenient about swearing anyways. This part of the third rule should be omitted. Define lenient. We are still against explicit profanity. Don't expect any leniency over f-bombs.

4. While the rules state there is no advertising, there is a fine line between advertising and showcasing something that you wish to get support for. The rules to not do a very good job discerning between the two, and while I agree with the fact that accounts should be terminated if they're made solely for advertising, it should still be edited a bit. Also, it says to contact Werekill if you're in doubt of what is acceptable. A she is not a mod anymore, the name should be replaced with an active mod. Will clean up a bit. Replaced Werekill with SmashKing.

5. 200px is a bit too strict, 300 or 400 sounds better. However, this rule has been ignored somewhat. I would suggest mentioning the inclusion of spoilers in this rule, mainly for n00bs. Fixed.

6. I agree with most of these rules, although we should be able to at least talk about ROMs. However, download links should not be tolerated, of course. There is nothing that says you can't discuss them. Just that you can't request them, ask how to get them, or provide them.

7. No problems

8. This is more of a subsection of rule #3, and should either be moved there or omitted completely. It has been added.

9. Mods are allowed, and have been posted. Det has even mentioned the interest of having a mod board. This rule should be deleted.

10. This rule was only created in the issue at the beginning of the forums that I'd rather not mention, and was edited to meme abuse just to stay there. It's kind of a silly rule.
These rules have been deleted.

11a. Images and videos should be allowed with a spoiler, as well as images that only occupy a small amount of space. The usage of smaller images has been added.

11b. Cursing is allowed No it's not. Try dishing out the f-bomb on the chat.

11c. No problems

11d. No problems

It would be much appreciated if you would take the time to read this, mods/admins, as I feel it may deter new members from what is right and what is wrong.

I have also removed any mention of an infraction system, as we don't have one like the other forum.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A few changes to the rules?   A few changes to the rules? EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 4:21 am

Unspeakable Evil wrote:

Define lenient. We are still against explicit profanity. Don't expect any leniency over f-bombs.
Actually, if I recall correctly SK had censored Red's rant a while back...so never mind about that rule.

Quote :
No it's not. Try dishing out the f-bomb on the chat.
I have seen so many f-bombs in the chat without warnings that it put me under the impression that this rule was invalid.
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: A few changes to the rules?   A few changes to the rules? EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 4:33 am

I think we need a censor system.

The rules of profanity are so gray I'm never sure about what I'm allowed to say. I'm not talking about anything too technical, just something simple like this.

Warning: Profanity
Spoiler:
Nothing too fancy.
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Ganonthegreat/
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: A few changes to the rules?   A few changes to the rules? EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 4:42 am

Actually, Plasmis had planned to have a system on the forum where profanity automatically censors itself
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A few changes to the rules?   A few changes to the rules? EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 4:50 am

SmashKing201 wrote:
Actually, Plasmis had planned to have a system on the forum where profanity automatically censors itself
That's actually very simple to do, as I've done it on the CSR...it's in the administration board, you type in what words you want censored and what you want to replace them with.

Ganon, it should just be asterisks. Simple enough, doesn't make one sound immature when ranting. With your proposals, just think of how hilarious rants would be. "YOU FUDGING POOBAG, GET THE FUDGE OUT OF THE FORUMS" or something of the like.
Back to top Go down
Dry

PostSubject: Re: A few changes to the rules?   A few changes to the rules? EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 4:54 am

*looks at all of Felipe's posts*

If there's a rule against profanity, it sure isn't very active. If plasmis' system is gonna work, that'd be great. I personally have no problem with profanity, but I understand that some people get offended by it, which is why I'm all up for a censor.
Back to top Go down
Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

Ganonthegreat

PostSubject: Re: A few changes to the rules?   A few changes to the rules? EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 5:40 am

Da Generic Name wrote:
Ganon, it should just be asterisks. Simple enough, doesn't make one sound immature when ranting. With your proposals, just think of how hilarious rants would be. "YOU FUDGING POOBAG, GET THE FUDGE OUT OF THE FORUMS" or something of the like.
It's discouragement, if you add asterisks, then people still know what you're talking about and it doesn't really mean anything different. If someone trying to swear and all that comes out is "fudge" then they'll go "No, I don't want to swear" and the whole forum is nicer.

Kind of a geeky reference, but think of the Justice Field on Red Dwarf IV.
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Ganonthegreat/

PostSubject: Re: A few changes to the rules?   A few changes to the rules? EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 10:47 am

Da Generic Name wrote:
Unspeakable Evil wrote:

Define lenient. We are still against explicit profanity. Don't expect any leniency over f-bombs.
Actually, if I recall correctly SK had censored Red's rant a while back...so never mind about that rule.

Quote :
No it's not. Try dishing out the f-bomb on the chat.
I have seen so many f-bombs in the chat without warnings that it put me under the impression that this rule was invalid.

Ok, correction. Try dropping the F-bomb while I'm on the chat, as clearly, Jaklub doesn't seem to care.
Back to top Go down
Super Smash Bros Crusade
Administrator
Super Smash Bros Crusade

PostSubject: Re: A few changes to the rules?   A few changes to the rules? EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 5:47 pm

The censor would take literally 3 minutes to make.

I'm just too lazy to do it myself.
Back to top Go down
https://projectcrusade.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: A few changes to the rules?   A few changes to the rules? EmptySun May 06, 2012 3:35 pm

Allow Cursing/Swearing on chat and ban it in posts, that would be ok.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A few changes to the rules?   A few changes to the rules? EmptySun May 06, 2012 3:42 pm

Already been done.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A few changes to the rules?   A few changes to the rules? Empty

Back to top Go down

A few changes to the rules?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1