[Super Smash Bros. Crusade Fan Project] Groudon (Pokemon) + Stage Discussion BklTYr4

Project Crusade Community

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

[Super Smash Bros. Crusade Fan Project] Groudon (Pokemon) + Stage Discussion

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
WindindiRealEdition
Level 1 CPU
WindindiRealEdition

Mewtwo

[Super Smash Bros. Crusade Fan Project] Groudon (Pokemon) + Stage Discussion Empty
PostSubject: [Super Smash Bros. Crusade Fan Project] Groudon (Pokemon) + Stage Discussion   [Super Smash Bros. Crusade Fan Project] Groudon (Pokemon) + Stage Discussion EmptyTue Nov 20, 2018 3:24 am

Hello everyone, please allow me to introduce myself as well as the character you are about to witness. First off, I am Windindi from Discord, I am a artist/writer who's dream is to be apart of the Crusade team as a sprite artist for upcoming projects such as stages and characters. In this thread, I wish to introduce my biggest (literally) project yet, Groudon as well as his overall role in-game.

About Groudon
[Super Smash Bros. Crusade Fan Project] Groudon (Pokemon) + Stage Discussion 383Groudon

PokeDEX: "Groudon is said to be the personification of the land itself. Legends tell of its many clashes against Kyogre, as each sought to gain the power of nature. Through Primal Reversion and with nature’s full power, it will take back its true form. It can cause magma to erupt and expand the landmass of the world."

In Pokemon, Groudon is the creator of all the land and continuously brawls Kyogre for control over the land, as long as Rayquaza doesn't stop both of their sorry asses. In a lot of Pokemon material, Groudon is portrayed as a boss willing to challenge all that provoke it or have the will of doing so. And while Groudon may just prefer to nap and bathe in it's lava, it's pretty clear that Groudon is simply a territorial beast who simply wishes for peace, though if need be, Groudon will fight, even going as far as being cataclysmic. Ok, cool...but this is just a Pokeball Pokemon...right? Well...nope! He's a planed character!

Groudon in Crusade

INTRODUCTION

First off, I would like for everyone to take a peak at Groudon's planed design as a fighter. I hope you find him suitable. Also note that Groudon is a work in progress.

[Super Smash Bros. Crusade Fan Project] Groudon (Pokemon) + Stage Discussion Groudon_Idle_Sprite

Pretty cool, huh? Groudon's sprite is an remaster of it's appearance in "Pokemon: Ranger" as well as "Pokemon: Mystery Dungeon" You must think I'm crazy at this point! Well compared to most fighters in the roster, Groudon will be ginormous! And if you're concerned about his stature, I've taken liberties to adjust his size to the likes of Bowser and Ridley. While we're on the topic, Groudon is also the heaviest character planed for Crusade, so yes he'll be quite slow compared to the majority of the cast. Also fun fact: When Groudon "runs", a sleet of Earth will pick Groudon's feet off the ground a little and slide him across in a similar fashion to Melee/Brawl Bowser, it's actually very hilarious! Also I'm sure you all are very curious how his alts will look like. So here's a full on look at those!

[Super Smash Bros. Crusade Fan Project] Groudon (Pokemon) + Stage Discussion Colors

1. Default (Regular Groudon as he appears)
2. Shiny (As encountered mostly in the Pokemon games, this is Groudon's shiny!)
3. Purple (tbh I was gonna try and do something over the top, but the purple was just too badass that I kept it lol)
4. Gold (Another skin, plus I wanted Groudon's colors to reflect actual minerals. There were plans to have a silver one, but...yeah)
5. Rivals (Based off of Kyogre)
6. Territorial (Based off of Rayquaza)
7. Virus (The Fake Groudon that Jirachi was tortured to make in Movie 08, if you've seen the flick, this was nightmare fuel)
8. Prime (Colors based off of it's Shiny form in Primal state! However, this does not in anyway make this Primal Groudon, that's it's Final Smash! But we shall cover that soon.)

I wonder which color you'll choose...let me know!

MOVESET

Of all the Pokemon characters thus far (and anyone really), Groudon is by far the most unique fighter ever seen! You see, Groudon has three amazing key factors that make it a serious threat unlike any other heavyweight ever known! Reining from the days of creation, Groudon emerges from it’s deep slumber to impose those who dare interrupt it’s rest as well as it’s territory...the entire earth! It’s legendary status is no joke ether, as it’s power and combo potential exceed the average heavyweight fighter, and only true Pokemon masters can tame this beast... Let's check it out!

Sunlight Armor- Groudon is the only character to be able to create it’s own superarmor.

Armor Sacrifice- With the cost of Armor Layers, several of Groudon’s attacks can be given additional effects to create frustrating situations for unexpecting victims.

Map Control- Excels at taking control of an entire map and making it’s own personal playground, forcing opponents to fight Groudon much differently.

Sound familiar? Well Groudon might have taken a few notes from some other fighting games to match the zaniness of Smash Bros! Let's talk about that! Sunlight Armor is exactly what you think it is! Groudon (In a fashion of the likes of Aganos from Killer Instinct) can create superarmor with it's Neutral B; Intense Sunlight! This attack is a beam of light that shines upon Groudon, giving it a layer of super armor. (Up to 3 layers of Intense Sunlight can be used). Intense Sunlight will also power up other special attacks Overheat or burn an Earth Pillar at the cost of a layer. This is what I call Armor Sacrifice-. Groudon in Crusade is an armored rushdown/zoner, which grants it Map Control-, which is Groudon's overall gameplan! It IS the creator of the earth, so it's bound to know a thing or two, right? Let's check out his other specials while we're at it!

Side Special: Precipice Blades - A ground latching projectile of sorts that reaches afar (roughly half the distance of Final Destination) causing spikes of molten rock to shoot out the ground sending any nearby opponents away from Groudon, which activates when the button is released. At the end of the attack, a larger amount of spikes will come out of the ground and cause a great amount of damage as well as knockback. (Damage is based off of how long an opponent gets hit, final hit is a launcher). At the cost of a Sunlight Armor, the attack will cause an eruption of molted rock to send opponents flying!

Up Special: Earth Pillar - Groudon spawns a pillar of rock and soil to aid it in recovery by appearing underneath it’s feet. In mid air, this attack can be used twice. This attack can also be used on the ground and act as a combo tool for Groudon, since you can throw opponents into the pillar as well as force them to bounce off of it. Groudon may also burn the pillars for burn damage to anyone that touches it by using a layer of Sunlight. Precipice Blades will also travel onto a pillar if nearby and cause it to explode, causing intense damage. Opponents however can break the pillar.

Down Special: Overheat - Large flames surround Groudon's body. The flames allow Groudon to eat up projectiles as well as act like a combo starter of sorts. Layers built upon Groudon can also be used to make the attack much stronger with additional flame damage, yet with the same knockback as before.

Final Smash: Primal Reversion - Groudon causes an Earthquake to happen, anyone touching the floor will be affected by the cinematic that follows (including platforms). During the cinematic, the player(s) are stuck in the earth, in which Primal Groudon emerges and uses Precipice Blades to launch the opponents toward the sea, where Primal Kyogre tackles them out attacking them with Origin Pulse shooting upwards towards a charging Mega Rayquaza (using Dragon Ascent), smashing the opponent into a destroyed landscape as Primal Groudon looks from a distance and roars victoriously. Any opponent above 100% (before the Final Smash activation) will be OHKOed.

STRENGTHS
Creates situations no other fighter can create, forcing players to approach Groudon completely differently.
Groudon is the only fighter to be able to create super armor for itself.
Has the most combo potential than any other heavy weight.
Largest throw range in the game, giving him mixups most characters cannot easily handle.

WEAKNESSES
Requires a high learning curve.
Large and slow.
Recovery can easily be exploited by skilled players.
Without super armor or shield, it has the worst defense of all characters.

PLAY GROUDON IF...
You enjoy making your opponents feel helpless.
You enjoy using oddball characters with unique skills.
You enjoy being a fortress of pure red awesomeness.
You have a deep love for kicking ass with a motherfing dinosaur.

DON’T PLAY GROUDON IF...
You don’t have the patience to learn all of it’s tricks.
You are wanting to move around easily.
You hate a big hitbox that could expose you to shenanigans.
You suck at multitasking.

Most Similar To: Kragg (Rivals of Aether), Aganos (Killer Instinct), Abigail (Street Fighter V)

Sootopolis City

[Super Smash Bros. Crusade Fan Project] Groudon (Pokemon) + Stage Discussion Sootopolis_City_2

It's a work in progress, but here's Sootopolis! Home of the unknown legends! Most players remember this from Pokemon: Emerald where Rayquaza stopped Groudon and Kyogre from a world ending duel. In Crusade, this stage holds many secrets! Let's unravel the secrets! Also, you might even see a waterfall pour from the right side! Also note that the rock itself is weathered too...nifty!
With hazards on; If the red platform is boarded twice, the sun will appear. If the blue platform is boarded twice, it will begin to rain. Both of these can cause hazards toward gameplay. However with hazards off, they will simply make the stage glow dependent upon which colored platform you land twice on.The more sun that occurs, the stage will split in half and lava will begin to consume the stage on a random side. Players stuck in the molted lava will become buried while taking damage. The more rain occurs, the stage will begin to float on top of the water, and if players are on one side of the stage, the stage will bend towards the area with the most weight. Be careful not to tip the stage over! If neither hazard happens for about a minute or so, a tornado will appear to pick the stage up, with Rayquaza zooming through it. After you reach the sky, Rayquaza will appear to observe the warriors brave enough to make the voyage... This does not change anything in the battle however. With hazards off, the stage becomes a viable tournament pick. I hope you all enjoy what's in store!

Conclusion

There's a LOT in store, but this is what I can provide you all for now, but I seriously hope you all enjoyed this read and also support Groudon's unexpected inclusion in proposition to Super Smash Bros. Crusade! It's been my dream to create a fighter like this in a game like this, and I hope you all take this to heart as I have. I'm hoping if this gets enough attention not only can Groudon make it in as a fighter but I too make it in as an official member of the spriting team! Anyways, please let me know what you all think of Groudon as well as myself and I can't wait to read up on what people have to say! You all have a wonderful day/night! Smile

For Groudon's whole moveset, click this link: https://docs.google.com/document/d/192_CiET7F2mHlwWKd0hCUFyOpuokEEZ5-NzKYGEJBX8/edit?usp=sharing

[Super Smash Bros. Crusade Fan Project] Groudon (Pokemon) + Stage Discussion KyogreGlow
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

[Super Smash Bros. Crusade Fan Project] Groudon (Pokemon) + Stage Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Super Smash Bros. Crusade Fan Project] Groudon (Pokemon) + Stage Discussion   [Super Smash Bros. Crusade Fan Project] Groudon (Pokemon) + Stage Discussion EmptyTue Nov 20, 2018 3:56 pm

I feel like Groudon would be better off as a stage hazard alongside Kyogre and Rayquaza. I personally think that there are better Gen 3 reps (Gardevoir and Deoxys for example) but there's no denying that Groudon would be different for a Pokemon.

I hope you make more character topics in the future.
Back to top Go down

[Super Smash Bros. Crusade Fan Project] Groudon (Pokemon) + Stage Discussion
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1