View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
MonkeyDLenny
Level 1 CPU
MonkeyDLenny

Crash Bandicoot
  N/A

Top of the Tower (Banjo-Kazooie) Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Top of the Tower (Banjo-Kazooie) Discussion   Top of the Tower (Banjo-Kazooie) Discussion EmptyMon Mar 12, 2018 5:49 pm

The Top of Gruntilda's lair, where we all threw down with that witch who spent the whole game taunting us and where we literally drove her into the grave.

This is the spot of the Final Boss of Banjo-Kazooie

Top of the Tower (Banjo-Kazooie) Discussion Vczsuo10

Now it's here as a (possible) Crusade Stage!

Stage image here:

Yes I realized I comitted an internet sin using Comic Sans, it was the closest thing I had to Banjo talk text

The gimmick here is while you're battling it out, Grunty will be spectating the match from above and just like the game, spit taunts down at you (Which varies depending on who is present)

Top of the Tower (Banjo-Kazooie) Discussion OCoAj5j: (If Shantae is present) You think with that figure that you're all that!? I could fit into that outfit too, were I not so fat!

Top of the Tower (Banjo-Kazooie) Discussion OCoAj5j: (If Porky is present) A boy too lazy to climb from his bed? I'll surely awaken him with a rock to his HEAD!

Top of the Tower (Banjo-Kazooie) Discussion OCoAj5j: (If Goku is present) An orange clad warrior of world renowned fame! Though quite a few wonder why you're in this game!

When she's not tossing out her commentary she'll be throwing out potions or swooping down to interfere with the battle.

GIF here:

She can actually be damaged and even knocked off her broom however. If she's knocked off her broom, the broom will begin to pace back and forth across the arena and act as a platform for roughly a minute before it dives down beneath the clouds and brings Grunty back (I guess her tower is so high it'd take a full minute to get even close to the ground)

As for music, I would honestly go with the Nuts & Bolts rendition of the final boss theme. As flawed as that game is, it has some good music and the final boss just sounds so epic

So there's my suggestion for a Banjo stage, I've seen Furnace Fun suggested but I've not seen this suggested. Hope you all enjoy!
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: Top of the Tower (Banjo-Kazooie) Discussion   Top of the Tower (Banjo-Kazooie) Discussion EmptyTue Mar 13, 2018 1:29 am

I like the idea of Grunty doing commentary on the stage. Hopefully she won't be as involved in the battle similar Dr. Wiley stage boss in Smash U. Lol

My only problem is the layout itself. It's basically a Final Destination version of Miiverse. I get that you are trying to stick to the roots of the state's origin. However, this stage is dull in layout. May I suggest taking the Grunty gimmick and adding it to Spiral Mountain instead?
Back to top Go down
MonkeyDLenny
Level 1 CPU
MonkeyDLenny

Crash Bandicoot
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Top of the Tower (Banjo-Kazooie) Discussion   Top of the Tower (Banjo-Kazooie) Discussion EmptyTue Mar 13, 2018 12:20 pm

Smash King wrote:
I like the idea of Grunty doing commentary on the stage. Hopefully she won't be as involved in the battle similar Dr. Wiley stage boss in Smash U. Lol

My only problem is the layout itself. It's basically a Final Destination version of Miiverse. I get that you are trying to stick to the roots of the state's origin. However, this stage is dull in layout. May I suggest taking the Grunty gimmick and adding it to Spiral Mountain instead?

You're probably right on that part. I did try adding platforms when making up the stage but they all felt out of place; hence the idea of the broom being a temporary platform. I loved coming up with Grunty's commentary though

Top of the Tower (Banjo-Kazooie) Discussion OCoAj5j(Luigi) A little green man all shaking in fear! You best hurry home, for your end is near!

Top of the Tower (Banjo-Kazooie) Discussion OCoAj5j(Weegee) You creepy statue get out of my lair! I'd rather be friends with that big stupid bear!

Top of the Tower (Banjo-Kazooie) Discussion OCoAj5j(Sonic) You're quick on your feet for a big blue rat! Perhaps when I'm done you'd make a nice hat!
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: Top of the Tower (Banjo-Kazooie) Discussion   Top of the Tower (Banjo-Kazooie) Discussion EmptyTue Mar 13, 2018 1:22 pm

I second the idea of this stage, but the layout does need some redoing.

Maybe Grunty's Lair would be better?
Back to top Go down
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
Braystar

Waluigi
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Top of the Tower (Banjo-Kazooie) Discussion   Top of the Tower (Banjo-Kazooie) Discussion EmptyWed Mar 14, 2018 1:34 am

The writing for Grunty's lines gets an A+ from me
But I agree with Steve, Grunty's Lair has a lot more potential as an interesting stage
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Top of the Tower (Banjo-Kazooie) Discussion   Top of the Tower (Banjo-Kazooie) Discussion Empty

Back to top Go down

Top of the Tower (Banjo-Kazooie) Discussion
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1