Demoman (Team Fortress 2) Discussion: Thankfully I already don't remember this. BklTYr4

Project Crusade Community

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Demoman (Team Fortress 2) Discussion: Thankfully I already don't remember this.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Snipes88
Level 4 CPU
Snipes88

Ristar
  N/A

Demoman (Team Fortress 2) Discussion: Thankfully I already don't remember this. Empty
PostSubject: Demoman (Team Fortress 2) Discussion: Thankfully I already don't remember this.   Demoman (Team Fortress 2) Discussion: Thankfully I already don't remember this. EmptySat Jul 22, 2017 6:59 am

Do I really have to explain what TF2 is? The TF2 vs Overwatch thing wasn't that long ago, but I guess rules are rules.
Team Fortress 2 is a class-based free to play online first person shooter developed by Valve and released in 2007 for PC, Mac, and later Linux (we don't talk about the console ports).

One of the classes is the Demoman, who is our subject today.

This link will tell you about his weapons so I don't have to go in depth during the moveset

Spoiler:
CSPs

Demoman (Team Fortress 2) Discussion: Thankfully I already don't remember this. Emwb9i8
Stock

Demoman (Team Fortress 2) Discussion: Thankfully I already don't remember this. N59UsRA
Series Icon

Demoman (Team Fortress 2) Discussion: Thankfully I already don't remember this. T2SH0ZH
Sprite for reference as to what he might look like in crusade (Credit to BananaBuddy on DeviantArt)

Character traits:
Tier Level: ~B
Weight: = Snake
Speed: Snake< >Mach Rider
Jump Height: Default
Idle: Grenade Launcher stance in game
Walk: Standard movement with launcher
Run: Sprinting with GL in one hand
Entrance Animation: He wakes up on a bench with a bottle in his hand
Taunt: Stock Bottle taunt
Victory animation: Oblooterated taunt
Lost: Passed out on the ground

Standard attacks:
Jab: hits with bottle
Dash: Shoulder charge
F-tilt: Pain Train smack
D-Tilt: Swipes with the Eyelander
U-Tilt: Swings upwards with the bottle
F-Smash: An overhead swing with the Scotsman's Skullcutter
D-Smash: Shoots stickybombs from the Scottish Resistance at the ground for each second the attack is charged for a maximum of 14 seconds, which will detonate within 10-20 seconds, depending on how long it was charged
U-Smash: Underhand swing with the Skullcutter
Nair: Mid-air summersault with the Half-Zatoichi
Bair: Backwards kick
UAir: Shoots Loch-n-Load upwards
Fair: Shoots Iron Bomber forwards
Dair: Stomps down and spikes

Specials:
Neutral: Throws Ullapool Caber
Side: Shield Charges about half the length of Battlefield, ending with an underhand swing from the Eyelander
Down: shoots a stickybomb from the stock launcher , which can then be detonated by pressing down special again
Up (Ground): Aims and charges the Loose Cannon to shoot the balls that, if timed right (what the charge is for) will double donk and do massive knockback. on hit, knocks the target back a bit (if no donk happens)
Up (Air): Overcharges the Loose Cannon to propel him upwards

Final Smash:
x10 Quickiebomb Launcher

He shoots one sticky from the quickiebomb launcher on the ground in front of him, and then detonates, ko-ing anyone within the blast radius, which is about a quarter the length of final destination

Q/A:

Why Demoman?
Because, only 4/9 classes WOULDN'T make good fighters in crusade, instead they'd make good assist trophies. I understand, Heavy will probably get in first, but Scout, Soldier, Demo, and Pyro would also be great fighters. I suggested Scout first but didn't do the character justice, so I'm trying again with Demo.

Last edited by Snipes88 on Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.voices.com/actors/snipes88
GamingGryffindor
Level 6 CPU
GamingGryffindor

Demoman (Team Fortress 2) Discussion: Thankfully I already don't remember this. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Demoman (Team Fortress 2) Discussion: Thankfully I already don't remember this.   Demoman (Team Fortress 2) Discussion: Thankfully I already don't remember this. EmptySat Jul 22, 2017 7:59 am

The Demopan idea is just flat out dumb. A more appropriate Final Smash would do what the Demoman is known for - making things explode. You use his most iconic weapon, the Sticky bomb Launcher, as a smash attack, when based on our damage output in TF2 it's debatable if it needs a nerf!

Why not use that or the Scottish Resistance (which has more bombs!) or have a med use the KritKreig on him while he does, that'd be more suiting.

Oh, and Heavy would get in first.
Back to top Go down
Nix~
Level 4 CPU
Nix~

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Demoman (Team Fortress 2) Discussion: Thankfully I already don't remember this.   Demoman (Team Fortress 2) Discussion: Thankfully I already don't remember this. EmptySun Jul 23, 2017 6:22 am

What do these moves do? How do they work in a smash game? Tell us more than just was they look like.
Back to top Go down
Snipes88
Level 4 CPU
Snipes88

Ristar
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Demoman (Team Fortress 2) Discussion: Thankfully I already don't remember this.   Demoman (Team Fortress 2) Discussion: Thankfully I already don't remember this. EmptySun Jul 23, 2017 8:00 am

Nix~ wrote:
What do these moves do? How do they work in a smash game? Tell us more than just was they look like.

So you want me to give exact damage and hitboxes?

also
Keybladeguy wrote:
The Demopan idea is just flat out dumb. A more appropriate Final Smash would do what the Demoman is known for - making things explode. You use his most iconic weapon, the Sticky bomb Launcher, as a smash attack, when based on our damage output in TF2 it's debatable if it needs a nerf!

Why not use that or the Scottish Resistance (which has more bombs!) or have a med use the KritKreig on him while he does, that'd be more suiting.

fixed
Back to top Go down
GamingGryffindor
Level 6 CPU
GamingGryffindor

PostSubject: Re: Demoman (Team Fortress 2) Discussion: Thankfully I already don't remember this.   Demoman (Team Fortress 2) Discussion: Thankfully I already don't remember this. EmptySun Jul 23, 2017 10:54 am

Snipes88 wrote:
Nix~ wrote:

So you want me to give exact damage and hitboxes?

also
Keybladeguy wrote:

fixed

So you still made his final smash something based off of a fan mod? *sighs* That doesn't represent the character.
Back to top Go down
Snipes88
Level 4 CPU
Snipes88

Ristar
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Demoman (Team Fortress 2) Discussion: Thankfully I already don't remember this.   Demoman (Team Fortress 2) Discussion: Thankfully I already don't remember this. EmptySun Jul 23, 2017 11:26 am

Keybladeguy wrote:
So you still made his final smash something based off of a fan mod? *sighs* That doesn't represent the character.

I think the x10 quickiebomb would be great, but let's hear your idea then. And kritzkrieg medic being in the final smash wouldn't work, if anything, medic should help Heavy

Back to top Go down
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
Braystar

Waluigi
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Demoman (Team Fortress 2) Discussion: Thankfully I already don't remember this.   Demoman (Team Fortress 2) Discussion: Thankfully I already don't remember this. EmptySun Jul 23, 2017 6:10 pm

I only see 3 characters from TF2 actually making it
Heavy (Face of the game), Pyro (Afterburn gimmick) and Solider (Most played character in the game)
Also, don't use X10, use something like the Bombinomicon to turn nearby players heads into bombs or something
Back to top Go down
GamingGryffindor
Level 6 CPU
GamingGryffindor

PostSubject: Re: Demoman (Team Fortress 2) Discussion: Thankfully I already don't remember this.   Demoman (Team Fortress 2) Discussion: Thankfully I already don't remember this. EmptySun Jul 23, 2017 7:42 pm

Braystar wrote:
I only see 3 characters from TF2 actually making it
Heavy (Face of the game), Pyro (Afterburn gimmick) and Solider (Most played character in the game)
Also, don't use X10, use something like the Bombinomicon to turn nearby players heads into bombs or something

Funny, I only see one making it. Heavy.

As for a Final Smash? Again, Scottish Resistance. Allows up to 14 bombs on the stage at once.

And why shouldn't Medic be involved? Ubers happen just as often on Soldiers and Demos than Heavies. Ubercharge or Kritkreig could work well as a Final Smash regardless of which class it's on.
Back to top Go down
Nix~
Level 4 CPU
Nix~

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Demoman (Team Fortress 2) Discussion: Thankfully I already don't remember this.   Demoman (Team Fortress 2) Discussion: Thankfully I already don't remember this. EmptyMon Jul 24, 2017 4:25 am

I don't really think there's a "face" to TF2. Heavy's on the cover, but there's literally nothing else going for him.

But yes, I'd like to see more than just a short description telling me what the move looks like. What properties does it have? What if I didn't know the difference between a Loch-N-Load and an Iron Bomber? Are they just the same move, except pointed in different directions?
Back to top Go down
GamingGryffindor
Level 6 CPU
GamingGryffindor

PostSubject: Re: Demoman (Team Fortress 2) Discussion: Thankfully I already don't remember this.   Demoman (Team Fortress 2) Discussion: Thankfully I already don't remember this. EmptyMon Jul 24, 2017 8:24 am

Nix~ wrote:
I don't really think there's a "face" to TF2. Heavy's on the cover, but there's literally nothing else going for him.

He was also the first to receive a "Meet the Team" video and is the only character to officially appear in crossovers. He's the face of the game.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Demoman (Team Fortress 2) Discussion: Thankfully I already don't remember this.   Demoman (Team Fortress 2) Discussion: Thankfully I already don't remember this. Empty

Back to top Go down

Demoman (Team Fortress 2) Discussion: Thankfully I already don't remember this.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1