HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Breloom (Pokémon) Discussion

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
UcheD914
Level 3 CPU

Nin_Fan914

Breloom (Pokémon) Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Breloom (Pokémon) Discussion   Breloom (Pokémon) Discussion EmptyWed Dec 21, 2016 3:11 pm

Pokémon from Generations I, II, IV, V, and VI have all gotten representation in one Super Smash Bros. game or another. Only the Pokémon from Generation III has been left out. Let's change that with this Hoenn Pokédex No. 036 and National Pokédex No. 286 entrant:
Breloom (Pokémon) Discussion 286Breloom

Some of you may think that this is not much, but I can guarantee you this from the Pokédex entry about Breloom:
Pokédex wrote:
Breloom closes in on its foe with light and sprightly footwork, then trows punches with its stretchy arms. This Pokémon's fighting technique puts boxers to shame.

I even have ideas for its moves.
Combo Strike: Quick Left Jab, Quick Right Jab, multiple hit if timed rightly otherwise angled uppercut
Down Strike: Low Jab

Sideways Tilted Strike: Breloom does a medium straight punch.
Downward Tilted Strike: Breloom does a straight low jab.
Upward Tilted Strike: Breloom does an upward hook punch.

Side Smash: Breloom starts with medium left cross and finishes with a strong right hook.
Down Smash: Breloom does downward spinning punches.
Up Smash: Breloom punches straight up.

Standard Special: Dynamic Punch - Breloom powers up its fists and punches forward with both arms for a meteor effect (vulnerable at startup)
Side Special: Seed Bomb - Breloom shoots a seed from the holes on its head, which will arc (the distance depends and which button you press) and explodes on contact.
Up Special: Sky Uppercut - Breloom does a leaping uppercut (similar to Ryu, but facing towards screen and spirals).
Down Special: Spore - Breloom unleashes spores that have a random effect of poison, paralysis, or sleep.
Grabbing Strike: Breloom straight punches the opponent.
Side Throw: Breloom hook punches the opponent.
Reverse Side Throw: Breloom toss opponent backwards, then punches opponent.
Up Throw: Breloom punches opponent upward.
Down Throw: Breloom punches opponent downward.

Final Smash: Breloom executes a dashing punch. On contact, those caught will get knocked upward, only to appear later in a Pokémon-themed boxing ring. Breloom appears later and performs every known boxing moves it knows and finishes it with a Mega Punch.

Idle stance: Breloom starts as it would in Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire. After a few seconds, it can do some quick & fancy footwork.

Taunt 1: Breloom psyches itself by air punching
Taunt 2: Breloom dashes quickly from left to right.

Why should Breloom be in Super Smash Bros. Crusade (this should answer the repeat questioner?
I get it to most of you critics out there that Breloom is not Hitmonchan. I also get that there are 100 Pokémon that I could choose from, but none of them in my eyes match that Smash criteria. I also know that most of us would rather have another starter Pokémon, but that not me (Charizard, Ivysaur, Squirtle, and Greninja are already in Super Smash Bros. games).

Last edited by UcheD914 on Mon Dec 26, 2016 1:37 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: Breloom (Pokémon) Discussion   Breloom (Pokémon) Discussion EmptyWed Dec 21, 2016 3:21 pm

But why Breloom
Back to top Go down
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
Braystar

Waluigi
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Breloom (Pokémon) Discussion   Breloom (Pokémon) Discussion EmptyWed Dec 21, 2016 4:38 pm

>No full moveset
This is sad, I thought we've pasted this
>Counter
OH WOW SO ORIGINAL WHAT A GREAT NEW IDEA WWWWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Back to top Go down
UcheD914
Level 3 CPU

Nin_Fan914

PostSubject: Re: Breloom (Pokémon) Discussion   Breloom (Pokémon) Discussion EmptyWed Dec 21, 2016 4:44 pm

I am open to suggestion, Braystar.
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: Breloom (Pokémon) Discussion   Breloom (Pokémon) Discussion EmptyWed Dec 21, 2016 6:12 pm

UcheD914 wrote:
I am open to suggestion, Braystar.

I have a suggestion: Finish the moveset. It's typically frowned upon to not have a complete moveset. It's a good start, but people like to see a full moveset before commenting on what they think.

Also why Breloom.
Back to top Go down
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
Braystar

Waluigi
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Breloom (Pokémon) Discussion   Breloom (Pokémon) Discussion EmptyWed Dec 21, 2016 7:15 pm

Please don't use that as an excuse to make the rest of us make your moveset
Back to top Go down
UcheD914
Level 3 CPU

Nin_Fan914

PostSubject: Re: Breloom (Pokémon) Discussion   Breloom (Pokémon) Discussion EmptyWed Dec 21, 2016 8:13 pm

Calm down, you two. I may have something up my sleeve.
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: Breloom (Pokémon) Discussion   Breloom (Pokémon) Discussion EmptyWed Dec 21, 2016 9:09 pm

Much better, a complete moveset is easier to judge.

There is still one key element that you are missing. The Reason For This Particular Character's Conclusion. I see that you are saying that we need a Gen 3 Pokemon and I agree with that, but why Breloom? There are over 100 Pokemon to choose from from that generation, but what makes Breloom stick out?
Back to top Go down
Naughty Ottsel
Level 5 CPU
Naughty Ottsel

Captain Falcon
  Vanillogic

PostSubject: Re: Breloom (Pokémon) Discussion   Breloom (Pokémon) Discussion EmptyThu Dec 22, 2016 12:19 am

I don't care if Gen 3 needs representation.

If a Pokemon entirely based around punching that isn't Hitmonchan gets in, I'm out.

Sorry, Breloom may have potential, but there's no way I'm supporting a punching Pokemon that isn't the punching Pokemon.
Back to top Go down
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
Braystar

Waluigi
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Breloom (Pokémon) Discussion   Breloom (Pokémon) Discussion EmptyThu Dec 22, 2016 12:32 am

Better, but you still have counter
I'm sure there's some move from Pokemon that could be an infinitely better choice.
Back to top Go down
UcheD914
Level 3 CPU

Nin_Fan914

PostSubject: Re: Breloom (Pokémon) Discussion   Breloom (Pokémon) Discussion EmptyThu Dec 22, 2016 5:53 am

You really hate Counter, don't you?
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: Breloom (Pokémon) Discussion   Breloom (Pokémon) Discussion EmptyThu Dec 22, 2016 2:28 pm

UcheD914 wrote:
You really hate Counter, don't you?

There are a lot of characters that have counter, so it makes sense to not want any more.
Back to top Go down
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
Braystar

Waluigi
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Breloom (Pokémon) Discussion   Breloom (Pokémon) Discussion EmptyThu Dec 22, 2016 8:36 pm

It also doesn't make sense for a random Pokemon to have a counter
Little Mac: Boxer, fake-outs are important in the ring
Shulk: He sees the future
FE characters: Idk they have swords and FE is a strategy game
And you still haven't said why this Pokemon is the 3rd gen that should get a spot in Crusade
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: Breloom (Pokémon) Discussion   Breloom (Pokémon) Discussion EmptyThu Dec 22, 2016 9:45 pm

Braystar wrote:

Counter is a move in Pokemon

Also both Lucario and Greninja have a counter
Back to top Go down
UcheD914
Level 3 CPU

Nin_Fan914

PostSubject: Re: Breloom (Pokémon) Discussion   Breloom (Pokémon) Discussion EmptyFri Dec 23, 2016 8:36 am

OmegaSteve777 wrote:
Braystar wrote:

Lucario has Double Team. Greninja has Subsitute.
Back to top Go down
TaXMaN
Level 6 CPU
TaXMaN

PAC-MAN

PostSubject: Re: Breloom (Pokémon) Discussion   Breloom (Pokémon) Discussion EmptyFri Dec 23, 2016 9:27 am

UcheD914 wrote:
OmegaSteve777 wrote:
Braystar wrote:

Lucario has Double Team. Greninja has Subsitute.
They still function as counters, regardless. I'm sure you can think of a more unique down special.
Back to top Go down
UcheD914
Level 3 CPU

Nin_Fan914

PostSubject: Re: Breloom (Pokémon) Discussion   Breloom (Pokémon) Discussion EmptySat Dec 24, 2016 3:45 pm

I may have thought of something. Check my first post.

EDIT: I changed it from Mind Reader to Spore.

One more thing:
Naughty Ottsel wrote:
I don't care if Gen 3 needs representation.

If a Pokemon entirely based around punching that isn't Hitmonchan gets in, I'm out.

Sorry, Breloom may have potential, but there's no way I'm supporting a punching Pokemon that isn't the punching Pokémon.
Pardon my bluntness, but I you don't care if Pokémon's Generation 3 needs representation, then why did you comment?
Back to top Go down
Naughty Ottsel
Level 5 CPU
Naughty Ottsel

Captain Falcon
  Vanillogic

PostSubject: Re: Breloom (Pokémon) Discussion   Breloom (Pokémon) Discussion EmptyTue Jan 31, 2017 7:10 pm

I'd like to see Gen 3 repped. I'm never gonna support a Pokemon based around punching other than Hitmonchan. Sorry. I wanted to make it clear why Breloom right off the bat wasn't getting my support.
Back to top Go down
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
Braystar

Waluigi
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Breloom (Pokémon) Discussion   Breloom (Pokémon) Discussion EmptyTue Jan 31, 2017 9:40 pm

"If you don't care/don't like *Insert whatever here*, why did you comment?"
Another generic, lame excuse
People do that because they don't like/agree with whatever and want to say it so people know
Back to top Go down
Verimelon
Level 2 CPU
Verimelon

PostSubject: Re: Breloom (Pokémon) Discussion   Breloom (Pokémon) Discussion EmptyFri Feb 03, 2017 4:29 am

So first off, I don't think Pokemon needs any more reps than it has. Between the 5 in Crusade, and the others with full movesets to import (Squirtle, Ivysaur, Charizard, and Greninja assuming we want to import all existing fighters), I think the series has plenty to work with at the moment.

I do see what you mean by wanting a 3rd generation fighter. I don't think I would pick Breloom myself. Now my reasoning for this is that he's a grass and a fighting type, both being represented in the current Crusade build between Snivy and Lucario.

So what would I pick, then? Almost the first thing that came to mind was Medicham. However, I quickly remembered that fighting/psychic is also being shown.

And then it hit me. Aggron. So why would I personally choose Aggron? Aggron represents Steel/Rock. While steel is already with Lucario, we can all be honest and say he really doesn't show it. Aggron is used by the regional champion, Steven Stone. Yes, I know the water guy is the champion in other versions. And yes, I know while Aggron is in Steven's team it really isn't his ace Pokemon (that title belonging to Metagross, who could actually also be a potential pick). But I think this already puts Aggron at a pick advantage for a 3rd gen rep.

While looking through some moves Aggron can learn, this one caught my eye the most.

Autotomize - "The user sheds part of its body to make itself lighter and sharply raise its Speed stat."

Aggron could be a Bowser-like with Autotomize as a down special. It turns Aggron from a big beefy heavyweight to a speedy lightweight in an instant.

So finishing that tangent and possible topic later down the line, I like some of the moves you've listed. I think Seed Bomb and Spore really stand out in this set because they're literally the only moves that don't involve punching. And I like that seed bomb travels in an arc.

I was sad to see that you didn't have any attacks that used the long tail Breloom has. Not even a swipe. Nor a headbutt. I understand the Pokedex talks about how it punches a lot, but sometimes you have to mix things up a bit so your moveset doesn't get too stale. That's a personal opinion, and may not represent what everyone else thinks. Hell, I imagine you could even have Breloom do a kangaroo kick (standing on its tail and kicking with both its feet).

The Pokedex also cites being able to stretch limbs to punch. And in that case, I'd rather support the Ribbon Girl topic for a limb stretching puncher as it gets a brand new series into Crusade.

So to end this, I can not support Breloom. I thought there were some neat ideas in the moveset, but overall I see more downsides.
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: Breloom (Pokémon) Discussion   Breloom (Pokémon) Discussion EmptyFri Feb 03, 2017 12:20 pm

From my experience, Gardevoir, Plusle & Minun and Deoxys have been the most popular choices (not counting starters).

While they all have types that are already represented, (Fairy from Jigglypuff, Psychic from Mewtwo, and Electric from Pikachu) having the same type as another Pokemon doesn't mean they can't have their own unique move set. Gardevoir wouldn't play anything like Jigglypuff or Mewtwo.

Also Rayquaza was planned to be in this game at some point. I'm not sure how he'd work but if it would then I'd support that.
Back to top Go down
Verimelon
Level 2 CPU
Verimelon

PostSubject: Re: Breloom (Pokémon) Discussion   Breloom (Pokémon) Discussion EmptyFri Feb 03, 2017 12:41 pm

OmegaSteve777 wrote:
From my experience, Gardevoir, Plusle & Minun and Deoxys have been the most popular choices (not counting starters).

While they all have types that are already represented, (Fairy from Jigglypuff, Psychic from Mewtwo, and Electric from Pikachu) having the same type as another Pokemon doesn't mean they can't have their own unique move set. Gardevoir wouldn't play anything like Jigglypuff or Mewtwo.

Also Rayquaza was planned to be in this game at some point. I'm not sure how he'd work but if it would then I'd support that.

Of course having a matching type doesn't completely negate a Pokemon's inclusion, I think it does make the roster look a little bland. Even if they were to fight completely differently, it's like "Ugh, ANOTHER fighting type Pokemon? Typical."

It's also important to look at a Pokemon's physiology. Using your examples, Plusle & Minun. Basically just Pikachu again. Gardevoir, while being a humanoid in a style similarish to Lucario Mewtwo and Greninja, she looks like she'd be much more elegant in her fighting style. Deoxys, while popular, is once again a humanoid Pokemon. If including Gardevoir, don't include Deoxys. And vice versa.

Aggron is a monster. The closest thing in the Pokemon franchise to have something like it is Charizard, who is a surprisingly mobile dragon by default. However, I do understand popularity over filling a weight niche. So out of the options given, I think Gardevoir would have the best chance even if I don't like it.

Now why Gardevoir over Deoxys? Again, Gardevoir looks elegant. I feel like Deoxys would just be another Mewtwo. Any moveset could be made for a Pokemon, but there also comes expectation. You see Deoxys and are probably like "Man, ANOTHER charged shadow ball Pokemon. How original." You see Gardevoir and don't really know what to expect.

I still stick by that if it were me, I'd personally choose Aggron or Metagross as a 3rd generation rep. No other Pokemon really look like them, and they bring a new heavyweight into the roster (especially for a series surprisingly lacking on heavies). I still realize that more realistically, waifu mon Gardevoir will win the vote any day.

And also hell yeah I'd support Rayquaza.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Breloom (Pokémon) Discussion   Breloom (Pokémon) Discussion Empty

Back to top Go down

Breloom (Pokémon) Discussion
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1