Crusade could be faster...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Freefork
Level 2 CPU
Freefork

N/A

Crusade could be faster... Empty
PostSubject: Crusade could be faster...   Crusade could be faster... EmptyTue Dec 13, 2016 6:45 pm

What if we brought L-cancelling back but gave players a 30 frame window so combos won't be hard?Clap I found L-cancelling satisfying! Would love it if it was back...

BETTER YET!Shocked What if L-cancelling was an option? If enabled, your landing lag is increased. However, L-cancelling an aerial would give you less landing lag than the original attack! That would be fun!
alien

Also, can a combo be a little less... strict? What if a combo string ended after an opponent is out of hitstun for 60 frames? This will encourage tactical play in Crusade and long combos feel more satisfying! Besides, Crusade is a tactical game! The game should encourage resets, no?afro
Back to top Go down
Nix~
Level 4 CPU
Nix~

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Crusade could be faster...   Crusade could be faster... EmptyTue Dec 13, 2016 7:42 pm

I don't really see how combos are hard in this game. With good movement and spacing your combos should be easy with characters who are meant to combo. Ending lag usually isn't a factor for me.

Optional L-cancelling perhaps an option that could be further explored. IMO, it would create another tier in the learning curve, one that the devs wanted to remove by removing L-cancelling in the first place. It'd be like manual vs automatic in Mario Kart. But as of now, I believe the blanket ending lag is 5-7 frames, if I remember correctly. Not much at all.

As for your last point, don't worry about the in-game combo meter. It doesn't do anything. Your only goal is to take the stock of the other player. Focus on that instead of the combo meter.
Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

PostSubject: Re: Crusade could be faster...   Crusade could be faster... EmptyTue Dec 13, 2016 10:44 pm

Landing lag is set on a per attack basis, and ranges from 6 to 25. However above 11 is fairly uncommon
Back to top Go down
TaXMaN
Level 6 CPU
TaXMaN

PAC-MAN

PostSubject: Re: Crusade could be faster...   Crusade could be faster... EmptyWed Dec 14, 2016 1:39 am

Nix~ wrote:
As for your last point, don't worry about the in-game combo meter. It doesn't do anything.

Except if you play as Little Mac, of course.
Back to top Go down
Freefork
Level 2 CPU
Freefork

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Crusade could be faster...   Crusade could be faster... EmptyWed Dec 14, 2016 3:53 am

Nix~ wrote:
I don't really see how combos are hard in this game. With good movement and spacing your combos should be easy with characters who are meant to combo. Ending lag usually isn't a factor for me.

Optional L-cancelling perhaps an option that could be further explored. IMO, it would create another tier in the learning curve, one that the devs wanted to remove by removing L-cancelling in the first place. It'd be like manual vs automatic in Mario Kart. But as of now, I believe the blanket ending lag is 5-7 frames, if I remember correctly. Not much at all.

As for your last point, don't worry about the in-game combo meter. It doesn't do anything. Your only goal is to take the stock of the other player. Focus on that instead of the combo meter.

I thought that making the in-game combo meter easy to please would make the game for fun for everyone! Also, I didn't say combos were hard. I meant to imply that combos don't leave room for creativity. Let's be realistic now: The largest combo you can get is by either down throwing into a multi-hit or using a rapid jab against a stupid AI. lol!

And this is my response to the last paragraph: Brow raise WOAH! CHILL! I play this game for fun, even it's competitive aspect is only articulated by me as "FUN". Of course the in-game combo gauge is important! It makes you feel proud! santa

Back to top Go down
Nix~
Level 4 CPU
Nix~

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Crusade could be faster...   Crusade could be faster... EmptyWed Dec 14, 2016 8:19 am

I guess we just have different ideas of fun. I feel like not paying attention to the combo meter gives a wider range of freedom in combos.
Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

PostSubject: Re: Crusade could be faster...   Crusade could be faster... EmptyWed Dec 14, 2016 9:45 am

TaXMaN wrote:
Nix~ wrote:
As for your last point, don't worry about the in-game combo meter. It doesn't do anything.

Common misconception. Little Mac's gimmick does not rely on the game's combo meter in any way.
Back to top Go down
TaXMaN
Level 6 CPU
TaXMaN

PAC-MAN

PostSubject: Re: Crusade could be faster...   Crusade could be faster... EmptyWed Dec 14, 2016 9:58 am

Perfect Hell wrote:
TaXMaN wrote:
Nix~ wrote:

Common misconception.  Little Mac's gimmick does not rely on the game's combo meter in any way.

Wait, really? So how much time do you have to connect with your next attack before the gimmick's "combo counter" resets?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Crusade could be faster...   Crusade could be faster... Empty

Back to top Go down

Crusade could be faster...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1