View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
wheeled_tank
Level 6 CPU
wheeled_tank

Phoenix Wright
  wheeled_tank

wheeled_tank's less-than-amature Spriting Empty
PostSubject: wheeled_tank's less-than-amature Spriting   wheeled_tank's less-than-amature Spriting EmptyTue Aug 09, 2016 1:48 pm

Hello everyone. As the title says, I have very little experience with spriting (or any art for that matter), but I decided to try my hand at various types of Spriting, including making Kirby Hats based off of the characters in Crusade, along with others of my liking. In the case of the Kirby Hats, characters that are missing will be eventually be added, but please not that I am not an artist to any degree that I know of. Still, constructive criticism is still
something that I would like.
Kirby Hats:

Crusade-Style Lilac V1:

Crusade Krystal Touch-Up:
Something else I'm working on:

Last edited by wheeled_tank on Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:38 am; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
Nix~
Level 4 CPU
Nix~

N/A

PostSubject: Re: wheeled_tank's less-than-amature Spriting   wheeled_tank's less-than-amature Spriting EmptyTue Aug 09, 2016 9:23 pm

Take note, children. This is where legends are formed.
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: wheeled_tank's less-than-amature Spriting   wheeled_tank's less-than-amature Spriting EmptyTue Aug 09, 2016 9:36 pm

could you double or triple the size? they're a little small
Back to top Go down
Dustination

Mach Rider
  Dustination

PostSubject: Re: wheeled_tank's less-than-amature Spriting   wheeled_tank's less-than-amature Spriting EmptyTue Aug 09, 2016 10:01 pm

OmegaSteve777 wrote:

Just double or triple your eyes
Back to top Go down
https://projectcrusade.forumotion.com/
wheeled_tank
Level 6 CPU
wheeled_tank

Phoenix Wright
  wheeled_tank

PostSubject: Re: wheeled_tank's less-than-amature Spriting   wheeled_tank's less-than-amature Spriting EmptyWed Aug 10, 2016 9:11 am

Well, I did just take the Super-Star Kirby Sprite (Slissith told me that was the sprite that is used for Kirby in Crusade), but I'll see what I can do
Back to top Go down
Slissith

Slissith

( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

PostSubject: Re: wheeled_tank's less-than-amature Spriting   wheeled_tank's less-than-amature Spriting EmptyWed Aug 10, 2016 9:19 am

Dustination wrote:
OmegaSteve777 wrote:

Just double or triple your eyes

wheeled_tank's less-than-amature Spriting GtakVlnStZUbe

wheeled_tank wrote:
Well, I did just take the Super-Star Kirby Sprite (Slissith told me that was the sprite that is used for Kirby in Crusade), but I'll see what I can do

Keep in mind that sprites are resized in-game!
Back to top Go down
wheeled_tank
Level 6 CPU
wheeled_tank

Phoenix Wright
  wheeled_tank

PostSubject: Re: wheeled_tank's less-than-amature Spriting   wheeled_tank's less-than-amature Spriting EmptyWed Aug 10, 2016 2:01 pm

Yeah. I'll be getting back to Kirby Hats later (including resizing them). For now, I am trying my hand at re-creating Lilac's FP2 sprite in more of a "Crusade" style. Still heavily WiP (She is lacking her arms and legs right now), though there is still room to improve what I have right now, mainly her Head and Torso-length will change, but what else do you think needs to be changed?
wheeled_tank's less-than-amature Spriting Crusad10
Back to top Go down
TaXMaN
Level 6 CPU
TaXMaN

PAC-MAN

PostSubject: Re: wheeled_tank's less-than-amature Spriting   wheeled_tank's less-than-amature Spriting EmptyWed Aug 10, 2016 2:17 pm

Hey, those are not bad for someone that's new to spriting. Keep it up!
Back to top Go down
wheeled_tank
Level 6 CPU
wheeled_tank

Phoenix Wright
  wheeled_tank

PostSubject: Re: wheeled_tank's less-than-amature Spriting   wheeled_tank's less-than-amature Spriting EmptyWed Aug 10, 2016 5:12 pm

Thank you Tax. Speaking of, I finished my Crusade-Style of Lilac. It is a bit un-refined, but I plan on working on it, and might even make a sprite sheet for her using my Moveset Suggestion.
wheeled_tank's less-than-amature Spriting Crusad11

Also, something I noticed is that Lilac's head looks somewhat similar to MewTwo's. Strange
Back to top Go down
wheeled_tank
Level 6 CPU
wheeled_tank

Phoenix Wright
  wheeled_tank

PostSubject: Re: wheeled_tank's less-than-amature Spriting   wheeled_tank's less-than-amature Spriting EmptyFri Aug 19, 2016 3:17 pm

Added a slightly touched-up Krystal Sprite (From Crusade) to make it look more like Krystal (in Command)
Back to top Go down
Alexander

Alexander

Fox
  KingTremolo

PostSubject: Re: wheeled_tank's less-than-amature Spriting   wheeled_tank's less-than-amature Spriting EmptySat Sep 03, 2016 6:54 pm

Lilac looks pretty good so far!

Krystal is an improvement, but there isn't much that can be done to redeem that sprite aside from totally redoing it.
Back to top Go down
wheeled_tank
Level 6 CPU
wheeled_tank

Phoenix Wright
  wheeled_tank

PostSubject: Re: wheeled_tank's less-than-amature Spriting   wheeled_tank's less-than-amature Spriting EmptySat Sep 03, 2016 6:59 pm

Alexander wrote:
Lilac looks pretty good so far!

Krystal is an improvement, but there isn't much that can be done to redeem that sprite aside from totally redoing it.
Once/if I can figure out anatomy and animal snouts, I'll try to get a redo to Krystal instead of a trying simple touch up
Back to top Go down
GamingGryffindor
Level 6 CPU
GamingGryffindor

PostSubject: Re: wheeled_tank's less-than-amature Spriting   wheeled_tank's less-than-amature Spriting EmptySat Sep 03, 2016 7:36 pm

When the Krystal sprite doesn't look like crap

wheeled_tank's less-than-amature Spriting 0aa
Back to top Go down
SmashBros._L0ver
Level 2 CPU

N/A

PostSubject: Re: wheeled_tank's less-than-amature Spriting   wheeled_tank's less-than-amature Spriting EmptySat Sep 03, 2016 8:26 pm

lilac confimed in Super Smash Bros. Crusade
Back to top Go down
SmashBros._L0ver
Level 2 CPU

N/A

PostSubject: Re: wheeled_tank's less-than-amature Spriting   wheeled_tank's less-than-amature Spriting EmptySat Sep 03, 2016 8:26 pm

lilac confimed in Super Smash Bros. Crusade
Back to top Go down
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
Braystar

Waluigi
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: wheeled_tank's less-than-amature Spriting   wheeled_tank's less-than-amature Spriting EmptySat Sep 03, 2016 9:07 pm

Uh, no. Tank just made a sprite of her. Until a dev says that Lilac is in Crusade, that's when we can say Lilac confirmed.
Also why post the exact same thing twice?
Back to top Go down
GamingGryffindor
Level 6 CPU
GamingGryffindor

PostSubject: Re: wheeled_tank's less-than-amature Spriting   wheeled_tank's less-than-amature Spriting EmptySat Sep 03, 2016 10:02 pm

Braystar wrote:
Uh, no. Tank just made a sprite of her. Until a dev says that Lilac is in Crusade, that's when we can say Lilac confirmed.
Also why post the exact same thing twice?

You forget this is davi we're talking about.
Back to top Go down
wheeled_tank
Level 6 CPU
wheeled_tank

Phoenix Wright
  wheeled_tank

PostSubject: Re: wheeled_tank's less-than-amature Spriting   wheeled_tank's less-than-amature Spriting EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 5:23 am

Braystar wrote:
wheeled_tank's less-than-amature Spriting Lilac-stare_design <---(this actually can happen in Freedom Planet)
Back to top Go down
wheeled_tank
Level 6 CPU
wheeled_tank

Phoenix Wright
  wheeled_tank

PostSubject: Re: wheeled_tank's less-than-amature Spriting   wheeled_tank's less-than-amature Spriting EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 11:45 am

I need some assistance on how to start a sprite. I constantly try to start with the head and work my way down, but I seem to never be satisfied with how the start is. Could it be because I am starting in the worse possible area, or is it something else?
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: wheeled_tank's less-than-amature Spriting   wheeled_tank's less-than-amature Spriting EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 12:19 pm

wheeled_tank wrote:
I need some assistance on how to start a sprite. I constantly try to start with the head and work my way down, but I seem to never be satisfied with how the start is. Could it be because I am starting in the worse possible area, or is it something else?

My understanding is that you start with a basic trace of how it should look and then you go on from there.
Back to top Go down
wheeled_tank
Level 6 CPU
wheeled_tank

Phoenix Wright
  wheeled_tank

PostSubject: Re: wheeled_tank's less-than-amature Spriting   wheeled_tank's less-than-amature Spriting EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 12:57 pm

That should help then. Luckily for me, I have a decent reference thanks to this Fox amiibo (and the Swordfighter with Fox for a character of my own design)

And of course I have no Pencil Sharpener where I am when I need one Neutral

Nevermind. Found one
Back to top Go down
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
Braystar

Waluigi
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: wheeled_tank's less-than-amature Spriting   wheeled_tank's less-than-amature Spriting EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 3:05 pm

That face.
That is nightmare fuel
Back to top Go down
wheeled_tank
Level 6 CPU
wheeled_tank

Phoenix Wright
  wheeled_tank

PostSubject: Re: wheeled_tank's less-than-amature Spriting   wheeled_tank's less-than-amature Spriting EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 3:13 pm

Braystar wrote:
That face.
That is nightmare fuel
Well, don't make 5 or 6 Lilac save Files in Freedom Planet, and you won't have to worry Razz

Also, decided to create a character of my own using a new method of sprite making (it is also the first time I created a sprite that lacks a base sprite in anyway). I think it turned out pretty well (though she also looks a bit too "2-dimensional"). Let me know what you think.
Back to top Go down
wheeled_tank
Level 6 CPU
wheeled_tank

Phoenix Wright
  wheeled_tank

PostSubject: Re: wheeled_tank's less-than-amature Spriting   wheeled_tank's less-than-amature Spriting EmptySun Nov 13, 2016 2:57 pm

Made a fairly minor edit to Lilac, though I plan on angling her arms down some more at a later date. I mainly wanted to get some basic shading and color correction (i.e. making her look less pale)
Back to top Go down
wheeled_tank
Level 6 CPU
wheeled_tank

Phoenix Wright
  wheeled_tank

PostSubject: Re: wheeled_tank's less-than-amature Spriting   wheeled_tank's less-than-amature Spriting EmptyThu Dec 01, 2016 7:39 am

Another edit to Lilac (Need to figure out how to add an outline w/o making her head boxy), along with a new character for a different project/idea
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: wheeled_tank's less-than-amature Spriting   wheeled_tank's less-than-amature Spriting Empty

Back to top Go down

wheeled_tank's less-than-amature Spriting
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1