View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

Smash Randomizer Empty
PostSubject: Smash Randomizer   Smash Randomizer EmptyMon Jul 18, 2016 3:35 pm

Although not everything is thought out, I just wanted to throw an idea out there.

The mode revolves around giving players or the stage something random every minute. You have to deal with whatever random thing the randomizer gives you until the minute ends and gives you another one. The objective is random each match.

Some random things that can occur...
For Players
Small
Big
Invisible
Given an item
Very light
Very heavy
Shield does damage to opponents when provoked
Every attack shoots a projectile
Very floaty
Infinite jumps
Metal
Reversed controls
Very slow
Very fast
Very, very fast
300% damage
Very high attack, but almost no knockback
Very high knockback, but almost no attack
Fully charged smash attacks can instant KO half the time
No change (It can happen just as often as the others)
Very, very high attack but can be KO'd very easily
Falls asleep until provoked
Shield causes opponents to sleep
Everywhere you walk you leave toxic fumes (Does no knockback, but 1% every second.)
Moon Jump (Kind of like infinite jumps, but just holding the jump button to make you go up)
Smash Meter is filled
Randomly colored (Doesn't do anything besides make you a different color)
All attacks freeze your opponents
Air dodging makes you go really far

For Stages
Enemies appear
Nothing moves on the stage
The stage moves very slowly
The stage moves very quickly
Only one kind of item
Only healing items appear
Lasers (As in giant lasers appear out of no where)
The stage has lava at the bottom (Similar to Brinstar and Norfair)
Bob-omb Rain
Healing items fill Smash Meter instead of heal
Explosions heal
Assists randomly appear (As in Pokeballs and Assist Trophies)
Random Weegee lasers (Weegee's neutral special)
Turns invisible or turns black (You can still see yourselves, just not the stage itself)

Objectives
Get the most KOs (Like in a timed match)
Be the last one standing (Like in a stock match)
Get the most of coins (Like in a coin match)
Get the least coins
Deal the most damage (KOs don't matter, only how much % you've given)
Take the most damage
Be the first to kill Player *1-6* (In order for that player to win, they must survive)
Be the last one to hold the Yoshi Egg! (Like that one event in Melee)
Get the most KOs with items! (Only items can KO, but you can still do damage)

It was just an idea I had at random. Yes, it's not very serious, but it could lead to some ridiculous moments with friends.

Support List
wheeled_tank
TaXMaN
thebuddyadrian

Last edited by OmegaSteve777 on Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:27 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Jexulus
Level 3 CPU
Jexulus

Jexulus

Smash Randomizer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smash Randomizer   Smash Randomizer EmptyMon Jul 18, 2016 9:19 pm

Locking off access to buttons or movement subtracts from, not add to, the experience. Icons popping up with a legend in the game's menu would be needed so we can quickly see what's happening. At least that's what I would do.

Fighting over the Yoshi Egg? Sounds like fun.
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

Smash Randomizer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smash Randomizer   Smash Randomizer EmptyMon Jul 18, 2016 9:27 pm

Got rid of them
I thought it'd be ridiculous if you were playing with your friends and then you can't jump
I dunno
Back to top Go down
wheeled_tank
Level 6 CPU
wheeled_tank

Phoenix Wright
  wheeled_tank

Smash Randomizer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smash Randomizer   Smash Randomizer EmptyMon Jul 18, 2016 9:48 pm

I support this. Reminds me of the "Slot Machine" mode from Mortal Kombat, and the crazy combinations in that mode were hilarious. I didn't mind the "Remove" attributes. If people don't want to lose their jumps, how about one that removes shields.

Also, just thought about everyone having Franklin Badges while all attacks are Projectiles  Kappa

Edit: Maybe make a trait of the stage, where healing items fill up your Final Smash meter instead of your health, while making the Final Smash increasing items fill up your health (There aren't any right now, but I have a good idea of at least one item with this trait)
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

Smash Randomizer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smash Randomizer   Smash Randomizer EmptyMon Jul 18, 2016 11:27 pm

I added a few more

I really want to see this happen now.
Back to top Go down
TaXMaN
Level 6 CPU
TaXMaN

PAC-MAN

Smash Randomizer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smash Randomizer   Smash Randomizer EmptyTue Jul 19, 2016 12:29 pm

I'm a sucker for crazy game modes. Count me in! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

Smash Randomizer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smash Randomizer   Smash Randomizer EmptyTue Jul 19, 2016 1:35 pm

Added a support list
Back to top Go down
thebuddyadrian
Level 5 CPU
thebuddyadrian

thebuddyadrian

Smash Randomizer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smash Randomizer   Smash Randomizer EmptyMon Jul 25, 2016 12:48 pm

support
Back to top Go down
Xalciss
Level 4 CPU
Xalciss

Ness

Smash Randomizer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smash Randomizer   Smash Randomizer EmptyFri Aug 19, 2016 4:14 pm

This would be fun for a party or against the CPU

I support, although I would change a few things
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

Smash Randomizer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smash Randomizer   Smash Randomizer EmptyFri Aug 19, 2016 5:17 pm

Xalciss wrote:

Those things being...?
Back to top Go down
Xalciss
Level 4 CPU
Xalciss

Ness

Smash Randomizer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smash Randomizer   Smash Randomizer EmptySat Aug 20, 2016 12:08 am

OmegaSteve777 wrote:
Xalciss wrote:

Those things being...?

I wouldn't include the reversed controls and every attack shoots a projectile bits.

Reversed controls seems a bit unfair, especially since the effects change instantly every minute. You have no time to react say, if you are trying to get on stage and suddenly jerk in the opposite direction. You literally have a 0% chance of survival (unless their is like a "3,2,1 countdown before the next effect)

And the projectile attack just seems like a bit too strong and spam heavy, even for a "madness" mode like this. You have an impenetrable wall for defense as long as you keep shooting.

Other than that, I like this idea. The more modes, the better.
Back to top Go down
wheeled_tank
Level 6 CPU
wheeled_tank

Phoenix Wright
  wheeled_tank

Smash Randomizer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smash Randomizer   Smash Randomizer EmptySat Aug 20, 2016 12:22 am

You can blame me for the Projectile one. I do like the "Warning" countdown though.
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

Smash Randomizer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smash Randomizer   Smash Randomizer EmptySat Aug 20, 2016 10:20 am

Xalciss wrote:
OmegaSteve777 wrote:
Xalciss wrote:

Those things being...?

I wouldn't include the reversed controls and every attack shoots a projectile bits.

Reversed controls seems a bit unfair, especially since the effects change instantly every minute. You have no time to react say, if you are trying to get on stage and suddenly jerk in the opposite direction. You literally have a 0% chance of survival (unless their is like a "3,2,1 countdown before the next effect)

And the projectile attack just seems like a bit too strong and spam heavy, even for a "madness" mode like this. You have an impenetrable wall for defense as long as you keep shooting.

Well, I imagine that there is a wheel that tells you what you have then applies two seconds later, so you could react fast enough to not die.

Also the projectiles are as strong as Fox's.

Back to top Go down
Xalciss
Level 4 CPU
Xalciss

Ness

Smash Randomizer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smash Randomizer   Smash Randomizer EmptyMon Aug 22, 2016 12:01 pm

OmegaSteve777 wrote:
Xalciss wrote:
OmegaSteve777 wrote:
Xalciss wrote:

Those things being...?

Well, I imagine that there is a wheel that tells you what you have then applies two seconds later, so you could react fast enough to not die.

Ah in that case, all seems to be in order. good job with this idea man.

My final suggestion may be to incorporate a "probability" for certain effects, the ones that may be the most damning, like the reversed controls and 300% additional damage effects. The more fun advantages like super small or very fast should occur more often than those with big disadvantages. (think espeon from Crusade 0.9 and the lower chance it has of spawning from a pokeball as opposed to unown or snorlax)
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

Smash Randomizer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smash Randomizer   Smash Randomizer EmptyMon Aug 22, 2016 3:26 pm

Xalciss wrote:
OmegaSteve777 wrote:
Xalciss wrote:
OmegaSteve777 wrote:
Xalciss wrote:

Those things being...?

Ah in that case, all seems to be in order. good job with this idea man.

My final suggestion may be to incorporate a "probability" for certain effects, the ones that may be the most damning, like the reversed controls and 300% additional damage effects. The more fun advantages like super small or very fast should occur more often than those with big disadvantages. (think espeon from Crusade 0.9 and the lower chance it has of spawning from a pokeball as opposed to unown or snorlax)

Thanks Smile

Also, maybe have settings to make them all equal or to have only negative ones or to only have positive ones could be a thing.
Back to top Go down
Nintega
Level 1 CPU

Nintega94

Smash Randomizer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smash Randomizer   Smash Randomizer EmptySat Nov 12, 2016 6:18 pm

An Idea i have for a stage randomizing option is "Competitive Glory" Where when the minute of the event starts, the stages automatically changes to Battlefield, & the players in 3rd, 4th, 5th, & 6th Players are removed from the game for that minute, leaving the top 2 players alone to duke it out. No items would appear during the event either, & after the event's minute is up, whoever took the most damage or lost the most stocks will be put further behind the current objective in the match. Not only would this help losing players catch up (not to mention take a breather for a minute) it'd be really cool to add in a competitive like event as something to make even the how dare you have fun crowd, at least tolerate the mode if possible.
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

Smash Randomizer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smash Randomizer   Smash Randomizer EmptySat Nov 12, 2016 8:31 pm

Nintega wrote:
An Idea i have for a stage randomizing option is "Competitive Glory" Where when the minute of the event starts, the stages automatically changes to Battlefield, & the players in 3rd, 4th, 5th, & 6th Players are removed from the game for that minute, leaving the top 2 players alone to duke it out. No items would appear during the event either, & after the event's minute is up, whoever took the most damage or lost the most stocks will be put further behind the current objective in the match. Not only would this help losing players catch up (not to mention take a breather for a minute) it'd be really cool to add in a competitive like event as something to make even the how dare you have fun crowd, at least tolerate the mode if possible.

This could be interesting, maybe not so much the Battlefield part, but the rest sounds cool.
Back to top Go down
King Proto
Level 5 CPU
King Proto

ProtoBlur

Smash Randomizer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smash Randomizer   Smash Randomizer EmptyMon May 08, 2017 6:46 am

Please Smile

EDIT: Maybe have the audience gasp or something before something happens, to at least not leave players in the dark when something happens and they can prepare for it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Smash Randomizer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smash Randomizer   Smash Randomizer Empty

Back to top Go down

Smash Randomizer
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1