View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
DiamondJoyride
Level 2 CPU
DiamondJoyride

N/A

My Personal v0.9 Tier List Empty
PostSubject: My Personal v0.9 Tier List   My Personal v0.9 Tier List EmptyWed May 04, 2016 2:02 pm

First off, hello there. This is my first post on this site. Yay

I'm competitive. Very competitive. On a level where my friends and I host weekly tournaments at my house to see who's the best of the best. And most of the time, the winner is different for every tournament. I think the reason is because a different character is used every time. Every tournament, new fighters are seen in the grand finals. But, I know G&W is basically the best in the game, and my friend, who's quite the player with him, got his ass kicked by another one of my friends, a Sonic main.

So, what you're gonna see, well, it's gonna be pretty bad from a really experienced player's eyes. But hey, it's only my first, so it's bound to get a lot, like a LOT of criticism. And I'm ready for it. So here you go, fellow smashers!

Tiers are in order, by the way.
S-Tier, Best to be used in tournaments
-Game & Watch
-Fox
-Peach
-Falco
-Lucas
-Marth
-Petey

A-Tier, solo viable
-Goku
-Sonic
-Knuckles
-Captain Falcon
-Ness
-Gooey
-Jigglypuff
-Mario
-Ganondorf
-Snivy
-Toad
-Bowser

B-Tier, best when used in doubles
-Phoenix Wright
-Shadow
-DHD
-Samus
-Meta Knight
-Krystal
-Luigi
-Kirby
-Snake
-R.O.B.
-Evil Ryu
-Tingle
-Yoshi
-Weegee
-Tails
-Mewtwo
-Lucario

C-Tier, Rare Use
-Pac-Man
-Little Mac
-Pichu
-Ryu
-Crash
-Chun-Li
-Ice Climbers
-Mach Rider
-Link
-Ridley
-Porky
-Mega Man
-Pikachu
-Ristar
-Toon Link

D-Tier, Not Viable
-Klonoa
-Waluigi
-DK
-Rayman

E-Tier, Very, very bad.
-Olimar
-Zero Suit Samus

If I forgot anyone, that's probably because I couldn't figure out a place fitting for them.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is pretty bad. I know it. But, it's always worth a shot to ask for opinions on something you're unsure about, so, what do you think of this? I'd really like to know everyone's opinion!

Last edited by DiamondJoyride on Thu May 12, 2016 8:15 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
Braystar

Waluigi
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: My Personal v0.9 Tier List   My Personal v0.9 Tier List EmptyWed May 04, 2016 6:16 pm

Tiers r4 queers
Back to top Go down
King Proto
Level 5 CPU
King Proto

ProtoBlur

PostSubject: Re: My Personal v0.9 Tier List   My Personal v0.9 Tier List EmptyWed May 04, 2016 6:38 pm

This is very interesting! As someone who only plays by themselves, it's really hard to truly understand all the characters in their entirety. This is really cool to see where if SSBC was played in a tournament environment where characters stand. In fact one of the most shocking things on this list for me is that Petey is S tier and SSZ is E, where I would think it would have been the opposite.

Also...

WELCOME TO THE FORMS!

EDIT: Nice to see another Knux main! Woop

Last edited by SS_Maeweather on Wed May 04, 2016 6:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dustination

Mach Rider
  Dustination

PostSubject: Re: My Personal v0.9 Tier List   My Personal v0.9 Tier List EmptyWed May 04, 2016 6:40 pm

Don't be a douche Braystar
Nice list friend, welcome to the forum
Back to top Go down
https://projectcrusade.forumotion.com/
wheeled_tank
Level 6 CPU
wheeled_tank

Phoenix Wright
  wheeled_tank

PostSubject: Re: My Personal v0.9 Tier List   My Personal v0.9 Tier List EmptyWed May 04, 2016 6:46 pm

First off, I tend not to care about tiers (I tend to use bottom-to-mid tiers), but this could be a decent base.

Secondly, welcome to the Forum. Try to explore around. You might find some interesting ideas and topics to jump into
Back to top Go down
AmareTSM

AmareTSM

N/A

PostSubject: Re: My Personal v0.9 Tier List   My Personal v0.9 Tier List EmptyWed May 04, 2016 7:22 pm

Surprisingly decent considering the lack of competitive play. I feel like there's a good bit of problems near the bottom half but to be honest I don't really blame you because there isn't much representation of those characters, or any characters for that matter. I will say that ZSS isn't E-Teir though, even though her sprite is Kappa
Back to top Go down
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
Braystar

Waluigi
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: My Personal v0.9 Tier List   My Personal v0.9 Tier List EmptyWed May 04, 2016 8:27 pm

Yay I lost health for stating my opinion. Any character is good if the player is good. What character you use does not equal skill, which is basically tier lists. And no offence to the creator, I just don't like tiers.
Back to top Go down
wheeled_tank
Level 6 CPU
wheeled_tank

Phoenix Wright
  wheeled_tank

PostSubject: Re: My Personal v0.9 Tier List   My Personal v0.9 Tier List EmptyWed May 04, 2016 8:29 pm

It probably happened because of the way you said it... (I don't care for tiers myself)
Back to top Go down
Dustination

Mach Rider
  Dustination

PostSubject: Re: My Personal v0.9 Tier List   My Personal v0.9 Tier List EmptyWed May 04, 2016 8:33 pm

Braystar wrote:
Yay I lost health for stating my opinion. Any character is good if the player is good. What character you use does not equal skill, which is basically tier lists. And no offence to the creator, I just don't like tiers.

You lost health for being a douche, stop playing the victim all the time
Back to top Go down
https://projectcrusade.forumotion.com/
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
Braystar

Waluigi
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: My Personal v0.9 Tier List   My Personal v0.9 Tier List EmptyWed May 04, 2016 8:35 pm

I got that off an old sprite animation from Newgrounds, didn't think it was THAT bad.

And Dust, I wasn't trying to be a victim, and when have I ever tried that here?
Back to top Go down
Kzinssie
Level 5 CPU
Kzinssie

Shadow
  slothfulunchmeat

PostSubject: Re: My Personal v0.9 Tier List   My Personal v0.9 Tier List EmptyWed May 04, 2016 8:38 pm

ive managed to state my opinion multiple times without hp loss

anyway its true that any character can be good in the right hands but by the very nature of competitive games with rosters of this size means some characters are just gonna be better than others, the best any dev can hope for is making it so that the gap between tiers is as small as possible
Back to top Go down
Nohrian Sadist

Nohrian Sadist

cheezetime

PostSubject: Re: My Personal v0.9 Tier List   My Personal v0.9 Tier List EmptyWed May 04, 2016 9:04 pm

Braystar wrote:
Any character is good if the player is good. What character you use does not equal skill, which is basically tier lists.

This is a common misconception. A tier list is designed to determine who would be best at an optimal level of play. Player skill has literally nothing to do with it.
Back to top Go down
wheeled_tank
Level 6 CPU
wheeled_tank

Phoenix Wright
  wheeled_tank

PostSubject: Re: My Personal v0.9 Tier List   My Personal v0.9 Tier List EmptyWed May 04, 2016 9:07 pm

Leafyon's Bricks wrote:
This is a common misconception. A tier list is designed to determine who would be best at an optimal level of play. Player skill has literally nothing to do with it.
^This

This is why putting characters into individual spots is inaccurate. I tend to put characters into different levels, but not split each level into different spots because characters in the tier "levels" always shift around (but usually don't leave their "level) (I LOVE using Pichu in Melee, and I will admit he deserves his near-bottom placement)

However, Player skill DOES also help determine how the character is (The only Top-Tier character in Melee I can use is Fox; I  EVERYOTHER top tier look horrible if I use them)
Back to top Go down
Chaotic Chao
Level 4 CPU
Chaotic Chao

Phoenix Wright
  ChaotixChao

PostSubject: Re: My Personal v0.9 Tier List   My Personal v0.9 Tier List EmptyThu May 05, 2016 7:38 am

I thought Wright's placement seemed to be a bit high at first but, in hindsight, he'd probably be pretty damn good in doubles, so I think it makes sense. This seems to be a pretty sensible list actually.
That said though, I assume this isn't finished yet, because the list is missing quite a few characters: Toad, Mewtwo, Waluigi, Wario, Tingle, Ashley, Krystal, Klonoa, Ridley, and (Power Suit) Samus. Hope I'm not forgetting anyone...
Back to top Go down
Alexander

Alexander

Fox
  KingTremolo

PostSubject: Re: My Personal v0.9 Tier List   My Personal v0.9 Tier List EmptyThu May 05, 2016 8:25 am

I'd like to see where you'd place my mains, Krystal and Pacman on that list.

I should look into Petey more, I never really considered him as S-tier material, but I guess I didn't give him much of a shot.
Back to top Go down
Kzinssie
Level 5 CPU
Kzinssie

Shadow
  slothfulunchmeat

PostSubject: Re: My Personal v0.9 Tier List   My Personal v0.9 Tier List EmptyThu May 05, 2016 9:06 am

Important to note when you start placing Tingle: his wavedash is a HUGE asset, he can cover tons of ground with it and make up for his otherwise-shitty range, particularly on his smashes.
Back to top Go down
DiamondJoyride
Level 2 CPU
DiamondJoyride

N/A

PostSubject: Re: My Personal v0.9 Tier List   My Personal v0.9 Tier List EmptyThu May 05, 2016 9:52 am

Hi guys, quick update.

I've been experimenting with the characters I haven't placed on the list yet, and I'm still a bit puzzled on where I should put them. There were some high tiers, mid tiers, low tiers. As I had mentioned above, I'm not good at making tier lists, so it unfortunately might take a bit longer than I thought to update it.

Thanks for understanding!
Back to top Go down
SP

cellularSP

PostSubject: Re: My Personal v0.9 Tier List   My Personal v0.9 Tier List EmptyThu May 05, 2016 6:03 pm

crash is top tier, hope this helps
Back to top Go down
DiamondJoyride
Level 2 CPU
DiamondJoyride

N/A

PostSubject: Re: My Personal v0.9 Tier List   My Personal v0.9 Tier List EmptyFri May 06, 2016 5:38 am

SP wrote:
crash is top tier, hope this helps

He is? I always considered him upper B-Tier, but I wasn't always sure about it. I'll look into him more.
Back to top Go down
Nix~
Level 4 CPU
Nix~

N/A

PostSubject: Re: My Personal v0.9 Tier List   My Personal v0.9 Tier List EmptyFri May 06, 2016 8:51 am

I'd like to know why you put G&W first. His tilts and aerials are pretty good but all his KO moves are pretty laggy. He's high on the list, for sure, but I think he'd be outclassed by fast and maneuverable characters like spacies.
Back to top Go down
DiamondJoyride
Level 2 CPU
DiamondJoyride

N/A

PostSubject: Re: My Personal v0.9 Tier List   My Personal v0.9 Tier List EmptyFri May 06, 2016 11:38 am

Nix~ wrote:
I'd like to know why you put G&W first. His tilts and aerials are pretty good but all his KO moves are pretty laggy. He's high on the list, for sure, but I think he'd be outclassed by fast and maneuverable characters like spacies.

He's at #1, dude.
Back to top Go down
Nix~
Level 4 CPU
Nix~

N/A

PostSubject: Re: My Personal v0.9 Tier List   My Personal v0.9 Tier List EmptyFri May 06, 2016 12:49 pm

DiamondJoyride wrote:
Nix~ wrote:

He's at #1, dude.

Understood, time to switch mains.
Back to top Go down
AmareTSM

AmareTSM

N/A

PostSubject: Re: My Personal v0.9 Tier List   My Personal v0.9 Tier List EmptyFri May 06, 2016 4:32 pm

GW is good for multiple reasons, but mostly because alot of his moves stay out for a long time (ftilt lol). Crash is relatively bad tbh.
Back to top Go down
DiamondJoyride
Level 2 CPU
DiamondJoyride

N/A

PostSubject: Re: My Personal v0.9 Tier List   My Personal v0.9 Tier List EmptySun May 08, 2016 5:59 pm

Hi everyone, quick update.

New character placements!

Yeah, I finally got around to adding them. I was experimenting with them longer than I thought, since most of the fighters placements were really tough for me to figure out, but I think in the end, I might have missed like, one or two more characters.

I think this turned out quite well to be honest. If I DID, forget anyone, tell me. But, leave feedback below as normal!
Back to top Go down
wheeled_tank
Level 6 CPU
wheeled_tank

Phoenix Wright
  wheeled_tank

PostSubject: Re: My Personal v0.9 Tier List   My Personal v0.9 Tier List EmptySun May 08, 2016 6:04 pm

By this tier's standards, I use characters from the middle (again Neutral )

Not that I mind; I am much more Casual than I am Competative
Back to top Go down
Nix~
Level 4 CPU
Nix~

N/A

PostSubject: Re: My Personal v0.9 Tier List   My Personal v0.9 Tier List EmptySun May 08, 2016 7:10 pm

Looks good until you get to the end. You should try Pikachu, ZSS, Link, and DK again. All of them could be at least B/C tier. It's fairly easy to rack up lots of damage with Pikachu, because some of his moves come out fast and last forever. ZSS' aerial game is among the best, and with Down B you can recover better than normal. Link can kill reliably at 70%, and has amazing area denial. DK isn't as good as the other ones, but he's at least as good as Ganon. He packs a massive punch if you time his moves right.

Even Olimar can be C/D if used properly.

Pichu isn't better than Pikachu. That just doesn't make sense.
Back to top Go down
AmareTSM

AmareTSM

N/A

PostSubject: Re: My Personal v0.9 Tier List   My Personal v0.9 Tier List EmptySun May 08, 2016 7:15 pm

Nix~ wrote:

Try side-b ing once you have 100+ damage. Also Nair is godlike and he's overall just a small, fast, and hard to hit character.
Back to top Go down
wheeled_tank
Level 6 CPU
wheeled_tank

Phoenix Wright
  wheeled_tank

PostSubject: Re: My Personal v0.9 Tier List   My Personal v0.9 Tier List EmptySun May 08, 2016 7:23 pm

AmareTSM wrote:
Nix~ wrote:

Try side-b ing once you have 100+ damage. Also Nair is godlike and he's overall just a small, fast, and hard to hit character.
That and, unlike in Melee, Pichu is actually faster than Pikachu.
I think the main part is that both (overall) have horrible range, but Pichu's speed and small size allows it to get close enough to the opponent.
Back to top Go down
DiamondJoyride
Level 2 CPU
DiamondJoyride

N/A

PostSubject: Re: My Personal v0.9 Tier List   My Personal v0.9 Tier List EmptyTue May 10, 2016 11:53 am

Quote :
That and, unlike in Melee, Pichu is actually faster than Pikachu.
I think the main part is that both (overall) have horrible range, but Pichu's speed and small size allows it to get close enough to the opponent.

Yeah basically.
Back to top Go down
wheeled_tank
Level 6 CPU
wheeled_tank

Phoenix Wright
  wheeled_tank

PostSubject: Re: My Personal v0.9 Tier List   My Personal v0.9 Tier List EmptyTue May 10, 2016 12:09 pm

Is it odd that, in Melee, I use Pichu better than Pikachu?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Personal v0.9 Tier List   My Personal v0.9 Tier List Empty

Back to top Go down

My Personal v0.9 Tier List
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next