Character Removal for a Practical Roster? - Page 4 BklTYr4

Project Crusade Community

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Character Removal for a Practical Roster?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Should some characters be removed from the game?
Yes, remove some characters.
Character Removal for a Practical Roster? - Page 4 Bar_left38%Character Removal for a Practical Roster? - Page 4 Bar_right
 38% [ 15 ]
No, keep the roster.
Character Removal for a Practical Roster? - Page 4 Bar_left58%Character Removal for a Practical Roster? - Page 4 Bar_right
 58% [ 23 ]
I decline to comment on the matter.
Character Removal for a Practical Roster? - Page 4 Bar_left4%Character Removal for a Practical Roster? - Page 4 Bar_right
 4% [ 2 ]
Other
Character Removal for a Practical Roster? - Page 4 Bar_left0%Character Removal for a Practical Roster? - Page 4 Bar_right
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 40

AuthorMessage
Dustination

Mach Rider
  Dustination

Character Removal for a Practical Roster? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Removal for a Practical Roster?   Character Removal for a Practical Roster? - Page 4 EmptyFri Apr 29, 2016 8:03 pm

Xalciss wrote:
and not old enough to be considered a meta reference to a bygone era.
That's exactly what he is as evidenced by the kids in this thread who want Grand Dad
Back to top Go down
https://projectcrusade.forumotion.com/
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Character Removal for a Practical Roster?   Character Removal for a Practical Roster? - Page 4 EmptyFri Apr 29, 2016 8:23 pm

Xalciss wrote:
Ok I can agree that Weegee needs the boot. He's not fresh enough to be considered funny and not old enough to be considered a meta reference to a bygone era. He's too awkward.

And as I think about it more and more, I really do find the idea of a playable Astro Boy very appealing.

Metal Sonic would be a different choice but the only problem would be the sprites. I haven't seen a single good Metal Sonic sprite ever. Mecha Sonic yes. Metal Sonic? Not at all.
If he had an organic sprite scaled to the size of the Sonic characters in Crusade now, I wouldn't object.

Also I still say Kid Goku would be an awesome alt for Goku. Picture his final smash being a humongous, Giga Boswer-esque Oozaru. I approve!

Lastly, AstroBoi4Crusade
..Which is why we make sprites??

And uh, good luck getting a 4th party in I guess. Also no Weegee is the king of ancient memes.
Back to top Go down
Dustination

Mach Rider
  Dustination

PostSubject: Re: Character Removal for a Practical Roster?   Character Removal for a Practical Roster? - Page 4 EmptyFri Apr 29, 2016 8:29 pm

TrinitroMan wrote:
SageHarpuiaJDJ wrote:
-Shadow. Nothing against Shadow, but I want to see another Sonic character in his place. Dr. Eggman or Blaze would nice.
What about Metal Sonic, though? He's Sonic's most iconic arch-rival (yes, even more iconic than Ow the Edgehog).

That's completely not true though btw
Back to top Go down
Xalciss
Level 4 CPU
Xalciss

Ness

PostSubject: Re: Character Removal for a Practical Roster?   Character Removal for a Practical Roster? - Page 4 EmptyFri Apr 29, 2016 8:33 pm

Dustination wrote:
TrinitroMan wrote:
SageHarpuiaJDJ wrote:
-Shadow. Nothing against Shadow, but I want to see another Sonic character in his place. Dr. Eggman or Blaze would nice.
What about Metal Sonic, though? He's Sonic's most iconic arch-rival (yes, even more iconic than Ow the Edgehog).

That's completely not true though btw

^
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Character Removal for a Practical Roster?   Character Removal for a Practical Roster? - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 30, 2016 1:27 am

Who appeared as Sonic's rival in the extremely recent Sonic 4 Episode 2, Metal Sonic or Ow the Edgehog?
I'll give you a hint: The less edgy of the two characters got in.
Back to top Go down
Ridori
Level 2 CPU
Ridori

PostSubject: Re: Character Removal for a Practical Roster?   Character Removal for a Practical Roster? - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 30, 2016 4:26 am

TrinitroMan wrote:
Who appeared as Sonic's rival in the extremely recent Sonic 4 Episode 2, Metal Sonic or Ow the Edgehog?
You're forgetting about something. Sonic 4 is pretty much first few Sonic games with modern Sonic's stuff like homing attack. Episode 1 is 1 and Episode 2 is basically 2 except not really. Metal Sonic is here because he was in 2. Shadow didn't even exist at that point.
Either way, i don't think Metal Sonic would be that much better than Shadow. He is robot Sonic and that's it. Just getting rid of Shadow would be fine, but that guy isn't among the first characters that would have to go if anyone is going to get cut (Goku and Weegee need to get cut first).
EDIT: just realized that i mistook 2 for CD (where Metal Sonic actually appears). Now i feel dumb. But Sonic 4 is still meant to be like old games.

Last edited by Ridori on Sun May 01, 2016 5:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
AmareTSM

AmareTSM

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Character Removal for a Practical Roster?   Character Removal for a Practical Roster? - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 30, 2016 6:24 am

Xalciss wrote:
Ok I can agree that Weegee needs the boot. He's not fresh enough to be considered funny and not old enough to be considered a meta reference to a bygone era. He's too awkward.
The problem with memes is that they very rarely stand the test of time. Memes are inherently a very shallow form of humor, and I bet that whatever this "Grand Dad" thing is will die soon enough. They definitely need to go. Not at all disagreeing with what you were saying btw, just clarifying that the problem isn't necessarily Weegee, but memes in general lol.
Back to top Go down
Kzinssie
Level 5 CPU
Kzinssie

Shadow
  slothfulunchmeat

PostSubject: Re: Character Removal for a Practical Roster?   Character Removal for a Practical Roster? - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 30, 2016 8:41 am

I think Weegee's starting to have that nostalgic appeal, though.
Back to top Go down
AEM

AEM

Ariand54321

PostSubject: Re: Character Removal for a Practical Roster?   Character Removal for a Practical Roster? - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 30, 2016 2:52 pm

TrinitroMan wrote:
I'm going to stop taking you seriously now because of this example lol.
Back to top Go down
Chaotic Chao
Level 4 CPU
Chaotic Chao

Phoenix Wright
  ChaotixChao

PostSubject: Re: Character Removal for a Practical Roster?   Character Removal for a Practical Roster? - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 30, 2016 3:55 pm

You know, there's no good reason for Shadow to get cut, so I'm not even sure why people are suggesting it. It's not like he's cockblocking Dr. Eggman and Metal Sonic or something (in fact Eggman is probably MORE likely to get in now that Shadow's in the game, because Eggman's a more important character and a relatively less important character being in the game without him doesn't make sense), and he's the second most popular Sonic character, which is a fact you'll have to accept no matter what you think of him.
Back to top Go down
King Proto
Level 5 CPU
King Proto

ProtoBlur

PostSubject: Re: Character Removal for a Practical Roster?   Character Removal for a Practical Roster? - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 30, 2016 3:59 pm

Plus we would most likely get another heavy weight character!
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Character Removal for a Practical Roster?   Character Removal for a Practical Roster? - Page 4 EmptySun May 01, 2016 4:48 am

Something to thing about: Metal can be quite a heavy element. Wink
AEM wrote:
TrinitroMan wrote:
I don't see anything wrong with this example.
A game doesn't have to be good in order to be used as a good example.
Back to top Go down
Slissith

Slissith

( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

PostSubject: Re: Character Removal for a Practical Roster?   Character Removal for a Practical Roster? - Page 4 EmptySun May 01, 2016 4:52 am

It was a bad example because, disregarding Sonic 4 Episode 2, Metal Sonic hasn't been Sonic's rival in forever.
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Character Removal for a Practical Roster?   Character Removal for a Practical Roster? - Page 4 EmptySun May 01, 2016 10:13 am

TrinitroMan wrote:
AEM wrote:
TrinitroMan wrote:
Something to think about: You're advertising your character in a thread about cutting characters
Also something to think about: AEM never stated the game was bad. Look at what Sliss said
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Character Removal for a Practical Roster?   Character Removal for a Practical Roster? - Page 4 EmptyMon May 02, 2016 12:20 pm

Ah, okay. It seems you guys are thinking I want Shadow to be cut in favor of Metal Sonic.

But worry not, I actually do not want Shadow to be cut, since I do know about Shadow's importance to the history of Sonic games.
Back to top Go down
UcheD914
Level 3 CPU

Nin_Fan914

PostSubject: Re: Character Removal for a Practical Roster?   Character Removal for a Practical Roster? - Page 4 EmptyMon May 02, 2016 3:27 pm

I ask a question and it degenerates into this?! Sad
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Character Removal for a Practical Roster?   Character Removal for a Practical Roster? - Page 4 EmptyMon May 02, 2016 11:15 pm

What do you mean, "degenerate"? I don't see anything wrong with this topic.
Back to top Go down
AEM

AEM

Ariand54321

PostSubject: Re: Character Removal for a Practical Roster?   Character Removal for a Practical Roster? - Page 4 EmptyTue May 03, 2016 2:27 am

TrinitroMan wrote:
AEM wrote:
TrinitroMan wrote:
It's a poor example.

That game is four years old, it's hardly "recent". You talk about it like it's a mainstay Sonic game when it's literally an episodic mess that's not even primarily developed by Sonic Team. The last game you should be looking at as a real example is Lost World, which lacks both characters.

The entire basis of your argument seems to stem from character notoriety when Shadow is immensely more popular as a character (I mean he was written back into the canon due to fan demand after he was supposed to die as a one-off character).

Shadow has been acknowledged in thirty-five games, Metal has thirty of those. Metal Sonic has existed for twenty-three years versus Shadow's fifteenth, and he's in five more games despite the eight year gap? I fail to see the increase of notoriety Metal Sonic has over Shadow the Hedgehog, especially since Shadow has the more interesting moveset to offer to the game than what is literally Robot Sonic.
Back to top Go down
King Proto
Level 5 CPU
King Proto

ProtoBlur

PostSubject: Re: Character Removal for a Practical Roster?   Character Removal for a Practical Roster? - Page 4 EmptyTue May 03, 2016 3:49 am

Remember when we were talking about removing characters for a more practical roster? Even though it will most likely never happen...

Good times...
Back to top Go down
wheeled_tank
Level 6 CPU
wheeled_tank

Phoenix Wright
  wheeled_tank

PostSubject: Re: Character Removal for a Practical Roster?   Character Removal for a Practical Roster? - Page 4 EmptyTue May 03, 2016 5:00 am

There aren't too many I would remove. The only 2 that come to mind off the top of my head are Goku (for being 4th Party) and Weegee (for being an Internet Joke). The only one that goes into the "Maybe Remove" category is Gooey; He/She/It seems like a character that only die-hard Kirby fans know.
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Character Removal for a Practical Roster?   Character Removal for a Practical Roster? - Page 4 EmptyTue May 03, 2016 5:31 am

Agreed almost completely.
Back to top Go down
King Proto
Level 5 CPU
King Proto

ProtoBlur

PostSubject: Re: Character Removal for a Practical Roster?   Character Removal for a Practical Roster? - Page 4 EmptyTue May 03, 2016 3:08 pm

Weegee and Goku are actually one of the main reasons I like crusade so much. There characters who would (under normal circumstances) NEVER be in a smash game and it just adds to the game for me. I'm not saying we need more like them, because they are fine in their own right. It also might be because I grew up with YT and loved DBZ ever since I seen it. But I just never understood all the hate for them, and I know some people might say well Weegee is a meme and Goku is from an anime. I get it, two things nobody really wanted. It would really hurt Crusade more than do good if they were removed.

At least that's how I feel about it.
Back to top Go down
wheeled_tank
Level 6 CPU
wheeled_tank

Phoenix Wright
  wheeled_tank

PostSubject: Re: Character Removal for a Practical Roster?   Character Removal for a Practical Roster? - Page 4 EmptyTue May 03, 2016 3:15 pm

That's fine (I actually don't mind Weegee's moves myself), and the fact that they are here is what helps give Crusade its identity. They also show (to an extent) just how flexible the developers (old or new) can and will be, especially when it comes to giving both regular and strange characters a proper moveset.

Edit: That is part of the reason why so many "Forgotten gems" of characters that, if you remove the Company behind the character, would be perfect for Smash (Sonic characters, for example). That is actually part of the reason why I gave my suggestion for Lilac (because it seems that regular Smash doesn't want indie characters yet)
Back to top Go down
Kzinssie
Level 5 CPU
Kzinssie

Shadow
  slothfulunchmeat

PostSubject: Re: Character Removal for a Practical Roster?   Character Removal for a Practical Roster? - Page 4 EmptyTue May 03, 2016 6:16 pm

we need to increase the memes in weegee's moveset to keep him up-to-date

for instance, racist luigi
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: Character Removal for a Practical Roster?   Character Removal for a Practical Roster? - Page 4 EmptyTue May 03, 2016 7:47 pm

Isn't the point of Weegee is that he's an old meme.
Back to top Go down
thebuddyadrian
Level 5 CPU
thebuddyadrian

thebuddyadrian

PostSubject: Re: Character Removal for a Practical Roster?   Character Removal for a Practical Roster? - Page 4 EmptyTue May 03, 2016 8:02 pm

Imo weegee should be cut

Back to top Go down
Kzinssie
Level 5 CPU
Kzinssie

Shadow
  slothfulunchmeat

PostSubject: Re: Character Removal for a Practical Roster?   Character Removal for a Practical Roster? - Page 4 EmptyTue May 03, 2016 8:57 pm

OmegaSteve777 wrote:
Isn't the point of Weegee is that he's an old meme.

he is the ur-meme

he contains multitudes
Back to top Go down
Dustination

Mach Rider
  Dustination

PostSubject: Re: Character Removal for a Practical Roster?   Character Removal for a Practical Roster? - Page 4 EmptyTue May 03, 2016 9:15 pm

Unless there's another global change like there was with ladders and swimming we probably aren't going to touch Weegee's moveset

Especially not to add new-age memes
Back to top Go down
Kzinssie
Level 5 CPU
Kzinssie

Shadow
  slothfulunchmeat

PostSubject: Re: Character Removal for a Practical Roster?   Character Removal for a Practical Roster? - Page 4 EmptyTue May 03, 2016 9:18 pm

alright, fair enough

i feel like constantly updating the memes is a better option than keeping him in 2009 stasis forever but
Back to top Go down
Xalciss
Level 4 CPU
Xalciss

Ness

PostSubject: Re: Character Removal for a Practical Roster?   Character Removal for a Practical Roster? - Page 4 EmptyWed May 04, 2016 3:30 pm

If Weegee's Crusade meta references were conceptually inspired by THIS, he has full approval and can stay for as long as he likes.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Character Removal for a Practical Roster?   Character Removal for a Practical Roster? - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Character Removal for a Practical Roster?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next