Masked Man (EarthBound) Discussion: I'm gonna get so strong even Dragos won't stand a chance against me! BklTYr4

Project Crusade Community

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Masked Man (EarthBound) Discussion: I'm gonna get so strong even Dragos won't stand a chance against me!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
MarioStrikerMurphy1994
Level 5 CPU
MarioStrikerMurphy1994

Masked Man (EarthBound) Discussion: I'm gonna get so strong even Dragos won't stand a chance against me! Empty
PostSubject: Masked Man (EarthBound) Discussion: I'm gonna get so strong even Dragos won't stand a chance against me!   Masked Man (EarthBound) Discussion: I'm gonna get so strong even Dragos won't stand a chance against me! EmptyMon Jan 11, 2016 6:13 pm

Another character idea.

This time, I'm coming with the Lucas' twin who was brainwashed by the evil: Masked Man.

-Appearences:
-MOTHER 3 (GBA; 2006)

-Data:
The Masked Man is a mysterious character who debuts during the final scene of the fifth chapter of Mother 3, he is the secondary antagonist of Mother 3. His intentions and identity are a mystery. He's a lethal soldier weaponed with an arm cannon, sword, and a winged jetpack. He's also codenamed as "Porky's Little Monster".

Why I support him?
He's one of my most favourite EarthBound characters. I like his sad story, and his personality. So, frankly, I think he could be another good EarthBound rep.

-Normal Moves:
-Neutral (x1): Gives a bash with the cannon on his hand
-Neutral (x2): Gives a slash with his sword
-Neutral (x3): Gives a series of multiple slashes with his sword
-Side: Bashes with his cannon forward, firing a barrage of beams
-Up: Swipes above him with his sword in a 180 degrees motion
-Down: A tripping kick at the opponent's feet

-Dash Attack: Stabs enemy with his sword, and he unleashes a shock wave

-Aerial Attacks:
-Neutral: Does a cartwheel. Like with Ness and Lucas, each hit gives a lightning
-Front: A downward swipe with his arm cannon, shooting a lightning
-Up: Slashes above him, causing him to do a back flip
-Back: Spins around and slashes behind him with his sword
-Down: Moves his arm cannon down, and shoots. It can function also as a Meteor Smash

-Grabs: For grabbing, he uses PK Paralyze.
-Pummel: Stabs enemy with his sword
-Forward Throw: Points his cannon in the enemy's body, and fires a beam, sending them away.
-Up Throw: Puts the enemy above him and slices him/her/it multiple times, ending with a powerful arc slash.
-Back Throw: Throws his enemy with his mind (like Ness and Lucas), for later shooting to him/her some beams with his cannon
-Down Thrown: Rises the enemy mentally up, and strongly pulls them down into the ground in a very brutal way

-Smash Attacks:
-Side Smash: Stabs his sword forward two times. Then he slashes enemy, making a large red shockwave
-Up Smash: Two fast slashes above him
-Down Smash: Sends PSI Thunder along the ground around him, making a very small electrified forcefield around him

-Special Attacks:
-Neutral Special: Cannon: Using his cannon, Masked Man shoots a series of powerful shoots  with a vertical-spread coverage.

-Side Special: PSI Lightning: Masked Man swings his sword, and a massive lightning bolt crashes down in front of him; goes through anything, appearing of a vertical form.

-Up Special: Jetpack: Masked Man uses his wings for fly. This attack could be somewhat like a mix of Meta-Knight's Shuttle Loop and Fox's Fire Fox; however, the main difference is that Masked Man sends a rapid sword rush.

-Down Special: Pig Bomb: Masked Man launches several mines in the air (they can be from 2 to 5). These can be detonated (won't hurt Masked Man) with vertical-based attacks.

-Final Smash: Natural Killer Cyborg: Masked Man summons the gigantic stronger machine which guards the entrance to Porky Minch's lair. The machine can stomp one enemies, grabiing them, firing several missiles at three random targets, hit the enemies with an electric shock attack. He destroys enemies with its signature attack, the End of the Century Beam: it uses reticles to take aim at every opponent who isn't incapacitated, then it changes its sprite to reveal a cannon in its mouth, from which it fires a massive rainbow-colored beam to deal high damage to all the enemies.

-Extra: Like with Pit, Charizard, Ridley, or Meta-Knight, he can use his wings for glide.

What do you think? Comment, please.

Last edited by MarioStrikerMurphy1994 on Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:25 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Editing data, removing unnecessary spoilers...)
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

Masked Man (EarthBound) Discussion: I'm gonna get so strong even Dragos won't stand a chance against me! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Masked Man (EarthBound) Discussion: I'm gonna get so strong even Dragos won't stand a chance against me!   Masked Man (EarthBound) Discussion: I'm gonna get so strong even Dragos won't stand a chance against me! EmptyMon Jan 11, 2016 6:20 pm

3 Mother reps is enough, and if we get another it should be Ninten who's a protagonist.

Can't say the movesets anything special. Pretty bland it seems to be a combination of a swordfighter and a gunner, which is cool, but I feel it should be a lot more drastic then this; and for a Mother character there's such few PSI involved.

No support.
Back to top Go down
King Proto
Level 5 CPU
King Proto

ProtoBlur

PostSubject: Re: Masked Man (EarthBound) Discussion: I'm gonna get so strong even Dragos won't stand a chance against me!   Masked Man (EarthBound) Discussion: I'm gonna get so strong even Dragos won't stand a chance against me! EmptyMon Jan 11, 2016 6:30 pm

^
Back to top Go down
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
Braystar

Waluigi
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Masked Man (EarthBound) Discussion: I'm gonna get so strong even Dragos won't stand a chance against me!   Masked Man (EarthBound) Discussion: I'm gonna get so strong even Dragos won't stand a chance against me! EmptyMon Jan 11, 2016 6:38 pm

SPOILERS M8
Back to top Go down
lordvaati
Level 2 CPU
lordvaati

PostSubject: Re: Masked Man (EarthBound) Discussion: I'm gonna get so strong even Dragos won't stand a chance against me!   Masked Man (EarthBound) Discussion: I'm gonna get so strong even Dragos won't stand a chance against me! EmptyMon Jan 11, 2016 6:44 pm

reminds me of my younger days, of when I made a moveset for the Masked Man on Smashboards. Moveset is strangely similar to mine as well. One thing worth noting is that he too can use PK Love like Lucas so maybe it should be put in his moveset as well much like how it is in Lucas' Smash attacks.

As for franchise representation I had that as an issue as well, but after Smash 4 I stopped caring about self restrained franchise restrictions-much less so for fangames.

I shall support him.
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Masked Man (EarthBound) Discussion: I'm gonna get so strong even Dragos won't stand a chance against me!   Masked Man (EarthBound) Discussion: I'm gonna get so strong even Dragos won't stand a chance against me! EmptyMon Jan 11, 2016 6:47 pm

Braystar wrote:
SPOILERS M8
Lucina m8

10 year old game m8

One of the most iconic sad scenes in gaming m8
Back to top Go down
MarioStrikerMurphy1994
Level 5 CPU
MarioStrikerMurphy1994

PostSubject: Re: Masked Man (EarthBound) Discussion: I'm gonna get so strong even Dragos won't stand a chance against me!   Masked Man (EarthBound) Discussion: I'm gonna get so strong even Dragos won't stand a chance against me! EmptyMon Jan 11, 2016 7:32 pm

Braystar wrote:
SPOILERS M8

Excuse me for this...

But, what do you think about the Moveset I made for him?
Back to top Go down
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
Braystar

Waluigi
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Masked Man (EarthBound) Discussion: I'm gonna get so strong even Dragos won't stand a chance against me!   Masked Man (EarthBound) Discussion: I'm gonna get so strong even Dragos won't stand a chance against me! EmptyMon Jan 11, 2016 8:19 pm

Generic.
Back to top Go down
Naughty Ottsel
Level 5 CPU
Naughty Ottsel

Captain Falcon
  Vanillogic

PostSubject: Re: Masked Man (EarthBound) Discussion: I'm gonna get so strong even Dragos won't stand a chance against me!   Masked Man (EarthBound) Discussion: I'm gonna get so strong even Dragos won't stand a chance against me! EmptyMon Jan 11, 2016 9:29 pm

I don't care about another Mother rep I'm just really pissed about that spoiler. Shaq, if it's so iconic, then why not make sure it doesn't get spoiled for the few who haven't played Mother 3 yet but were planning on it? If you met someone who'd never played Final Fantasy VII, would you immediately tell them that
Spoiler:
Granted, that's a little unrealistic, expecting to meet someone who doesn't know that. But I'd genuinely never heard any mention, in any Top 10, article, or discussion, of this. Maybe it's iconic among Mother fans, but outside of that, I don't think it's as famous as you think. As far as Lucina goes, I literally have no clue how she's a spoiler. All I know is that, apparently, her existence in Smash is a spoiler. But that doesn't say how she's a spoiler. This straight-up revealed the identity of what sounds like a very major character who, as you said, has a very emotional significance. Yes, there are spoilers in Smash. Zelda/Sheik, obviously. But does this moveset at all deal with his being Claus? With Zelda/Sheik, it's an actual gameplay mechanic (plus it's freaking Ocarina of Time. Even people who've never played Ocarina are at least familiar with it. The same can't be said about Mother 3) It doesn't seem like there's any reason to reveal that he's Claus.
Also, you know what game is almost 10 years old? Half-Life 2 Episode 2. I would never consciously spoil that game's ending to anyone, even if it's an old game. Just because it's been out for a long time doesn't mean it's story is any less powerful or impacting to those experiencing it for the first time.
You could at least put a simple spoiler warning, if you don't want the whole background section to be in a spoiler box. I'm seriously salty right now. Like, fuck you MarioStrikerMurphy. Wow. I was really looking forward to eventually having the time to play Earthbound and Mother 3, but now, I mean, come the fuck on!

No support. You don't deserve support.
Back to top Go down
Dustination

Mach Rider
  Dustination

PostSubject: Re: Masked Man (EarthBound) Discussion: I'm gonna get so strong even Dragos won't stand a chance against me!   Masked Man (EarthBound) Discussion: I'm gonna get so strong even Dragos won't stand a chance against me! EmptyMon Jan 11, 2016 9:39 pm

Looks like I'm going to have to add a new rule.
Back to top Go down
https://projectcrusade.forumotion.com/
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
Braystar

Waluigi
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Masked Man (EarthBound) Discussion: I'm gonna get so strong even Dragos won't stand a chance against me!   Masked Man (EarthBound) Discussion: I'm gonna get so strong even Dragos won't stand a chance against me! EmptyMon Jan 11, 2016 9:59 pm

No spoilers unless in a spoiler box that someone can choose to see it.
Back to top Go down
MarioStrikerMurphy1994
Level 5 CPU
MarioStrikerMurphy1994

PostSubject: Re: Masked Man (EarthBound) Discussion: I'm gonna get so strong even Dragos won't stand a chance against me!   Masked Man (EarthBound) Discussion: I'm gonna get so strong even Dragos won't stand a chance against me! EmptyMon Jan 11, 2016 11:05 pm

Braystar wrote:
No spoilers unless in a spoiler box that someone can choose to see it.

Edited the data.

Sorry for the spoilers. It wasn't my intention...
Back to top Go down
MarioStrikerMurphy1994
Level 5 CPU
MarioStrikerMurphy1994

PostSubject: Re: Masked Man (EarthBound) Discussion: I'm gonna get so strong even Dragos won't stand a chance against me!   Masked Man (EarthBound) Discussion: I'm gonna get so strong even Dragos won't stand a chance against me! EmptyMon Jan 11, 2016 11:06 pm

Edited.

I want to apologize seriously by adding unwillingly spoilers. It wasn't my intention...

Last edited by MarioStrikerMurphy1994 on Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MarioStrikerMurphy1994
Level 5 CPU
MarioStrikerMurphy1994

PostSubject: Re: Masked Man (EarthBound) Discussion: I'm gonna get so strong even Dragos won't stand a chance against me!   Masked Man (EarthBound) Discussion: I'm gonna get so strong even Dragos won't stand a chance against me! EmptyMon Jan 11, 2016 11:08 pm

For Naughty Ottsel:

Excuse me. It wasn't my intention...I swear it...

And, please, don't use vulgar language...
Back to top Go down
AEM

AEM

Ariand54321

PostSubject: Re: Masked Man (EarthBound) Discussion: I'm gonna get so strong even Dragos won't stand a chance against me!   Masked Man (EarthBound) Discussion: I'm gonna get so strong even Dragos won't stand a chance against me! EmptyMon Jan 11, 2016 11:43 pm

Naughty Ottsel wrote:
I don't care about another Mother rep I'm just really pissed about that spoiler. Shaq, if it's so iconic, then why not make sure it doesn't get spoiled for the few who haven't played Mother 3 yet but were planning on it? If you met someone who'd never played Final Fantasy VII, would you immediately tell them that
Spoiler:
Granted, that's a little unrealistic, expecting to meet someone who doesn't know that. But I'd genuinely never heard any mention, in any Top 10, article, or discussion, of this. Maybe it's iconic among Mother fans, but outside of that, I don't think it's as famous as you think. As far as Lucina goes, I literally have no clue how she's a spoiler. All I know is that, apparently, her existence in Smash is a spoiler. But that doesn't say how she's a spoiler. This straight-up revealed the identity of what sounds like a very major character who, as you said, has a very emotional significance. Yes, there are spoilers in Smash. Zelda/Sheik, obviously. But does this moveset at all deal with his being Claus? With Zelda/Sheik, it's an actual gameplay mechanic (plus it's freaking Ocarina of Time. Even people who've never played Ocarina are at least familiar with it. The same can't be said about Mother 3) It doesn't seem like there's any reason to reveal that he's Claus.
Also, you know what game is almost 10 years old? Half-Life 2 Episode 2. I would never consciously spoil that game's ending to anyone, even if it's an old game. Just because it's been out for a long time doesn't mean it's story is any less powerful or impacting to those experiencing it for the first time.
You could at least put a simple spoiler warning, if you don't want the whole background section to be in a spoiler box. I'm seriously salty right now. Like, fuck you MarioStrikerMurphy. Wow. I was really looking forward to eventually having the time to play Earthbound and Mother 3, but now, I mean, come the fuck on!

No support. You don't deserve support.
You DO realize that the spoiler is also in Lucas' trophy description, right?
Back to top Go down
Sean_McMuffin
Level 4 CPU
Sean_McMuffin

Mach Rider
  EnderSean311

PostSubject: Re: Masked Man (EarthBound) Discussion: I'm gonna get so strong even Dragos won't stand a chance against me!   Masked Man (EarthBound) Discussion: I'm gonna get so strong even Dragos won't stand a chance against me! EmptyTue Jan 12, 2016 12:42 pm

Lego Shaq wrote:
Braystar wrote:
SPOILERS M8
Lucina m8

10 year old game m8

Sorry but a game being ten years old is not an excuse when M3 was never released outside of Japan.

But yeah, I do support this. Although, like someone else said Ninten would be a much better rep.
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Masked Man (EarthBound) Discussion: I'm gonna get so strong even Dragos won't stand a chance against me!   Masked Man (EarthBound) Discussion: I'm gonna get so strong even Dragos won't stand a chance against me! EmptyTue Jan 12, 2016 1:32 pm

Sean_McMuffin wrote:
Lego Shaq wrote:
Braystar wrote:
SPOILERS M8
Lucina m8

10 year old game m8

Sorry but a game being ten years old is not an excuse when M3 was never released outside of Japan.

But yeah, I do support this. Although, like someone else said Ninten would be a much better rep.
Yep, it still is an excuse. At least when the game is perhaps the game that is asked for to come to America the most in the past 10 years.

And that someone was me
Back to top Go down
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
Braystar

Waluigi
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Masked Man (EarthBound) Discussion: I'm gonna get so strong even Dragos won't stand a chance against me!   Masked Man (EarthBound) Discussion: I'm gonna get so strong even Dragos won't stand a chance against me! EmptyTue Jan 12, 2016 2:29 pm

Lucina was a small spoiler anyway. She is on the goddamn boxart last time I remember
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Masked Man (EarthBound) Discussion: I'm gonna get so strong even Dragos won't stand a chance against me!   Masked Man (EarthBound) Discussion: I'm gonna get so strong even Dragos won't stand a chance against me! EmptyTue Jan 12, 2016 2:35 pm

Braystar wrote:
Lucina was a small spoiler anyway. She is on the goddamn boxart last time I remember
She's on the boxart as her masked form which is what she is seen as for half of the game. Her appearance is a huge spoiler as it reveals time-traveling antics and the true nature of many things.
Back to top Go down
Athorment

Athorment

Ganondorf
  Athorment

PostSubject: Re: Masked Man (EarthBound) Discussion: I'm gonna get so strong even Dragos won't stand a chance against me!   Masked Man (EarthBound) Discussion: I'm gonna get so strong even Dragos won't stand a chance against me! EmptyTue Jan 12, 2016 8:01 pm

Support for the man with the mask o/
Back to top Go down
http://athorment.deviantart.com/
KingAquaShadow
Level 1 CPU
KingAquaShadow

PostSubject: Re: Masked Man (EarthBound) Discussion: I'm gonna get so strong even Dragos won't stand a chance against me!   Masked Man (EarthBound) Discussion: I'm gonna get so strong even Dragos won't stand a chance against me! EmptyTue Jan 12, 2016 8:45 pm

Yeah... I'm sorry, but I can't support this guy at all. EB has more than enough characters as is, the moveset's really nothing special, and he's not even significant in the end. I see no reason to support him, period.
Back to top Go down
Naughty Ottsel
Level 5 CPU
Naughty Ottsel

Captain Falcon
  Vanillogic

PostSubject: Re: Masked Man (EarthBound) Discussion: I'm gonna get so strong even Dragos won't stand a chance against me!   Masked Man (EarthBound) Discussion: I'm gonna get so strong even Dragos won't stand a chance against me! EmptyTue Jan 12, 2016 9:18 pm

AEM wrote:

Just because Nintendo made a mistake doesn't mean we have to make the same one. Besides, you could go your entire life playing and loving Smash, and never read the trophy descriptions. They're an optional aspect of the game. Even for Completionists,  reading them isn't necessary.
me, someone who's active on these forums, reading a Character Suggestion that interests me is the main focus of what I do. Having a spoiler like that right at the start of a suggestion with no warning is the equivalent loading up the character select screen in Smash and getting a message saying CLAUS IS THE MASKED MAN.

Shaq, the very fact that it isn't out in America should excuse literally anyone in America from not knowing what seems to be a crucial plot twist.
Back to top Go down
desu
Level 6 CPU
desu

Yoshi
  fanyoshixD

PostSubject: Re: Masked Man (EarthBound) Discussion: I'm gonna get so strong even Dragos won't stand a chance against me!   Masked Man (EarthBound) Discussion: I'm gonna get so strong even Dragos won't stand a chance against me! EmptyWed Jan 13, 2016 7:15 am

I think 4 mother reps wouldn't hurt at all, it's a very special saga + smash has 6 FE reps and Crusade 4 Sonic reps. Through he hasn't gained my support yet because with him we would have 3 characters from Mother 3 and I would rather prefer a rep from Mother/Earthbound Beginnings or Mother 2/Earthbound, like Ninten.
Back to top Go down
lordvaati
Level 2 CPU
lordvaati

PostSubject: Re: Masked Man (EarthBound) Discussion: I'm gonna get so strong even Dragos won't stand a chance against me!   Masked Man (EarthBound) Discussion: I'm gonna get so strong even Dragos won't stand a chance against me! EmptyWed Jan 13, 2016 8:45 am

To be fair, one could argue that Porky reps Mother 2 and 3, though point duly noted(especially since I'm curious with how Ninten would work since all his PSI powers were based on stat boosts and healing.)

and yeah, the "limit of 4 characters to any franchise not named Mario/Pokemon/Zelda" rule died with Smash3D/U so I see no reason why fan projects should keep the same rule.
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Masked Man (EarthBound) Discussion: I'm gonna get so strong even Dragos won't stand a chance against me!   Masked Man (EarthBound) Discussion: I'm gonna get so strong even Dragos won't stand a chance against me! EmptyWed Jan 13, 2016 1:29 pm

desu wrote:
I think 4 mother reps wouldn't hurt at all, it's a very special saga + smash has 6 FE reps and Crusade 4 Sonic reps. Through he hasn't gained my support yet because with him we would have 3 characters from Mother 3 and I would rather prefer a rep from Mother/Earthbound Beginnings or Mother 2/Earthbound, like Ninten.
Sonic's on an entirely different level then Earthbound, and Crusade doesn't have 6 FE reps.

Back to top Go down
Athorment

Athorment

Ganondorf
  Athorment

PostSubject: Re: Masked Man (EarthBound) Discussion: I'm gonna get so strong even Dragos won't stand a chance against me!   Masked Man (EarthBound) Discussion: I'm gonna get so strong even Dragos won't stand a chance against me! EmptyWed Jan 13, 2016 1:38 pm

Doesn't mean we should limit our votes towards characters based on "Franchise fame". Masked man is part robot, so even if he were to play as a mix of "Gunner" and "Swordsman" (which is original in terms of what is available on the roster right now. The closest to this is Saki) he would potentially be a fast faller like fox, opening the opportunity for some sick combos.
OP's moveset is lacking more PSI, but "Lackluster" can always be polished if the discussion focuses on that. Still support o/
Back to top Go down
http://athorment.deviantart.com/
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Masked Man (EarthBound) Discussion: I'm gonna get so strong even Dragos won't stand a chance against me!   Masked Man (EarthBound) Discussion: I'm gonna get so strong even Dragos won't stand a chance against me! EmptyWed Jan 13, 2016 1:44 pm

Athorment wrote:
Doesn't mean we should limit our votes towards characters based on "Franchise fame". Masked man is part robot, so even if he were to play as a mix of "Gunner" and "Swordsman" (which is original in terms of what is available on the roster right now. The closest to this is Saki) he would potentially be a fast faller like fox, opening the opportunity for some sick combos.
OP's moveset is lacking more PSI, but "Lackluster" can always be polished if the discussion focuses on that. Still support o/
Why would he be a fast faller? He wears a metal helmet and I'm sure much more gear. He'd likely be a slow character, at that.

Not sure what you're trying to get at in that last part. And who said it's based on franchise fame? Mother has literally 3 games it doesn't need 4 reps. I get it's a "classic" series and all but seriously.
Back to top Go down
AEM

AEM

Ariand54321

PostSubject: Re: Masked Man (EarthBound) Discussion: I'm gonna get so strong even Dragos won't stand a chance against me!   Masked Man (EarthBound) Discussion: I'm gonna get so strong even Dragos won't stand a chance against me! EmptyWed Jan 13, 2016 4:49 pm

Naughty Ottsel wrote:
AEM wrote:

Just because Nintendo made a mistake doesn't mean we have to make the same one. Besides, you could go your entire life playing and loving Smash, and never read the trophy descriptions. They're an optional aspect of the game. Even for Completionists,  reading them isn't necessary.
me, someone who's active on these forums, reading a Character Suggestion that interests me is the main focus of what I do. Having a spoiler like that right at the start of a suggestion with no warning is the equivalent loading up the character select screen in Smash and getting a message saying CLAUS IS THE MASKED MAN.

Shaq, the very fact that it isn't out in America should excuse literally anyone in America from not knowing what seems to be a crucial plot twist.
You're severely overreacting to a game that's been released over a decade ago. If you never knew, it's on you to not expect being potentially spoiled about something so obvious 10 years after release.
Back to top Go down
Naughty Ottsel
Level 5 CPU
Naughty Ottsel

Captain Falcon
  Vanillogic

PostSubject: Re: Masked Man (EarthBound) Discussion: I'm gonna get so strong even Dragos won't stand a chance against me!   Masked Man (EarthBound) Discussion: I'm gonna get so strong even Dragos won't stand a chance against me! EmptyWed Jan 13, 2016 8:25 pm

AEM wrote:
You're severely overreacting to a game that's been released over a decade ago. If you never knew, it's on you to not expect being potentially spoiled about something so obvious 10 years after release.

So obvious? From the way Shaq described it, it sounds like a genuine spoiler with emotional weight.
It's my fault for being spoiled, because I expected a basic level of courtesy in regards to a character whose true identity is a spoiler?
And, again, it may have been out for 10 years, but that's only in Japan. You're expecting me to know something about a game that literally isn't legally available in my language. If I were reacting this way to Zelda/Sheik, than you'd be right. But that's because you can't go five feet on the internet looking at gaming-related content without some web comic or meme or a picture of a Smash roster revealing Zelda/Sheik. Masked Man isn't inherently obvious as Claus, so even if he were in a Smash game, looking at that game's roster wouldn't spoil his identity (provided he was named Masked Man, and not Masked Man/Claus).
It's not a twist that's particularly famous among gamers as a whole, it's not obvious, and it's absurd to blame someone for being frustrated at a spoiler because they aren't familiar with a game, simply because that game is old. I've also never played System Shock. Or Chrono Trigger. Or Castlevania: Symphony of the Night. And you have no way of knowing, beforehand, whether or not other people on this forum have, so if you're going to discuss a game in a way that involves spoilers, you should warn them.
Back to top Go down
AEM

AEM

Ariand54321

PostSubject: Re: Masked Man (EarthBound) Discussion: I'm gonna get so strong even Dragos won't stand a chance against me!   Masked Man (EarthBound) Discussion: I'm gonna get so strong even Dragos won't stand a chance against me! EmptyWed Jan 13, 2016 11:50 pm

If you really cared that much you would have played a while ago.

Way I see it, it's not the knowledge of the spoiler, it's experiencing it. You can still experience the game no different. The new Star Wars has a similar spoiler where just knowing a character's identity / death / etc. doesn't ruin the moment it happens when you see the film.

You're taking this way too personal and you have no right to insult another person over it, especially if it was not an intentional "lol imma spoil everything for you"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Masked Man (EarthBound) Discussion: I'm gonna get so strong even Dragos won't stand a chance against me!   Masked Man (EarthBound) Discussion: I'm gonna get so strong even Dragos won't stand a chance against me! Empty

Back to top Go down

Masked Man (EarthBound) Discussion: I'm gonna get so strong even Dragos won't stand a chance against me!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next