Project Crusade Community

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Bertie the Brain (1950)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
GothicSlenderman
Level 3 CPU

Bertie the Brain (1950) Empty
PostSubject: Bertie the Brain (1950)   Bertie the Brain (1950) EmptySat Jan 02, 2016 3:49 am

Bertie the Brain (1950) <a href=Bertie the Brain (1950) <a href=Bertie the Brain (1950) Bertie10" />
Unfinished Sprite I made for the character

Bertie the Brain (1950) Bertie10" />

Bertie the Brain is seen as one of the first official video game characters. While the first video game, Space Wars, dated back to 1947. Bertie dated back to 1950 as one of the first gaming characters. I feel like this could introduce a lot of people to the first gaming character in history.

How he would fight: He would be a big heavy weight fighter with slow, yet powerful attacks. However; his attacks almost always hit sense he is a super computer yet a computer from over 60 years ago. His main function was to be an AI for Tic-Tac-Toe but I feel like we could use this for his moveset.

I was going to make a full sprite with big robotic Donkey Kong like arms. Basically he'd be like Bowser & DK in size/Strength/Weight but with some attributes similar to R.O.B./Mr. Game & Watch. However; I couldn't make the full sprite sense I'm currently busy in my own game at the moment.

Special: Tic-Tac-Toe - A chargeable move that actually plays a game of Tic-Tac-Toe. The attack is most powerful when the game is complete
Side Special: X-Cross/O-Cross - Very powerful combo move, yet more determined on how much damage Bertie has taken.
Down Special: Artificial AI - He charges up to make all of his attacks super powerful, Like Cloud's Limit in Smash but with all attacks.
Up Special: Space War - A game from 1947 would be his Upspecial but only for movement. No damage will be dealt from this attack.
Final Smash: Tic-Tac-Toe Victory - A bunch of Circles and X's come on screen and damage everyone who touches one. All just to complete a real game of Tic-Tac-Toe.

Standard attacks
Combo: A 2 punch attack like DK's but does little to no knockback so you could chain a combo
Side Tilt: Similar to Ryu's side tilt in Smash 4 but more powerful and has a better range
Dash: A clap of both of his robotic arms causing a seismic wave. The clalp would do the most damage but the wave would mainly cause knockback.
Up Tilt: I'd say just a standard punch going upward in the vain of his side tilt.
Down Tilt: A simple stomp to the ground.
Side Smash: X-Cross. A 2 hit attack that charges in power & range with the size of the X
Up Smash: Circle Punch. His arm would spin like DK's neutral special. But the punch would go upward.
Down Smash: Circle Spin. Both of his arms point diagonally downward and spin causing multiple hits.
N-Air: I'd King Dedede's but with a tad bit more range
Down Air: If you played Playstation Allstars than I'd compare this to Sweet Tooth's down air where he falls straight downward into the ground with a power stomp
Front Air: Like Diddy Kong's down air but facing forward. But it would still have a meteor affect. So Kind of like Mario's front air.
Back Air: 2 Punches behind him
Up Air: Sparks flight out of the top of his body causing multiple hits.

Grabs
Pummle: randomly the character with have either an X or a O put in them
Front Throw: Character his covered in a Tic-Tac-Toe grid like the pummle but with more hits
Back Throw: Grabs the character by their legs and swings them back and forth on the ground at least 3 times before flying backwards.
Up Throw: 3 Circles or X's will appear in a diagonal form and a slash goes through it guiding a powerful punch (The game covers Bertie but does more damage to the opponent)
Down Throw: Slams a character to the ground and stomps on them repeatedly

Taunt: His arms and legs would disappear and he would become the original machine for a few seconds.

Victory: A Circle would appear one his screen with WIN under it
Lose: The same thing but with an X and the word Lose

Stage: Space Wars 1947

Last edited by GothicSlenderman on Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Bertie the Brain (1950)   Bertie the Brain (1950) EmptySat Jan 02, 2016 6:41 am

Did...did you seriously just suggest a friggin TIC-TAC-TOE COMPUTER as a Smash Bros Crusade character?
Back to top Go down
Slissith

Slissith

( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

PostSubject: Re: Bertie the Brain (1950)   Bertie the Brain (1950) EmptySat Jan 02, 2016 7:10 am

It's kind of like ROB on steroids. Intrigued. Presentation needs work though.
Back to top Go down
SP

cellularSP

PostSubject: Re: Bertie the Brain (1950)   Bertie the Brain (1950) EmptySat Jan 02, 2016 9:18 am

TrinitroMan wrote:
Did...did you seriously just suggest a friggin TIC-TAC-TOE COMPUTER as a Smash Bros Crusade character?

tic tac toe is serious business

wars have been prevented because of its influence
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Bertie the Brain (1950)   Bertie the Brain (1950) EmptySat Jan 02, 2016 9:36 am

I uh. I'm not sure what to say here
Back to top Go down
TaXMaN
Level 6 CPU
TaXMaN

PAC-MAN

PostSubject: Re: Bertie the Brain (1950)   Bertie the Brain (1950) EmptySat Jan 02, 2016 9:54 am

I wouldn't say Bertie counts as a video game character. It's a real life computer that can play tic tac toe. So I don't know why you say he's the first video game character ever.
Back to top Go down
GothicSlenderman
Level 3 CPU

PostSubject: Re: Bertie the Brain (1950)   Bertie the Brain (1950) EmptySat Jan 02, 2016 11:12 am

Slissith wrote:
It's kind of like ROB on steroids. Intrigued. Presentation needs work though.

Yeah, I'd make a full sprite to give him big Donkey Kong sized arms and legs. However; I'm currently busy with my own game at the moment. But I just had to share this idea when I was doing some reasearch.
Back to top Go down
GothicSlenderman
Level 3 CPU

PostSubject: Re: Bertie the Brain (1950)   Bertie the Brain (1950) EmptySat Jan 02, 2016 11:13 am

TaXMaN wrote:
I wouldn't say Bertie counts as a video game character. It's a real life computer that can play tic tac toe. So I don't know why you say he's the first video game character ever.

Yeah, in a way he's not really a character. But the name Bertie was just adorable to me, instantly I had to characterize him.

But if he was a character he would be kind of like Bowser and DK in size, weight & strength but with many R.O.B./Mr. Game & Watch like attributes.
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Bertie the Brain (1950)   Bertie the Brain (1950) EmptySat Jan 02, 2016 12:45 pm

I think Bertie would be much more fitting as a stage than a character.
A stage based on the Tic-Tac-Toe computer, I can definitely imagine, yes yes. Razz
Back to top Go down
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
Braystar

Waluigi
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Bertie the Brain (1950)   Bertie the Brain (1950) EmptySat Jan 02, 2016 1:37 pm

What the hell. I think this is 4-th party. And I do not see a Tic-Tac-Toe computer making it in
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: Bertie the Brain (1950)   Bertie the Brain (1950) EmptySat Jan 02, 2016 9:43 pm

This is the strangest character suggestion yet. This is coming from the guy that suggested Grandma from Cookie Clicker
Back to top Go down
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
Braystar

Waluigi
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Bertie the Brain (1950)   Bertie the Brain (1950) EmptySat Jan 02, 2016 10:23 pm

Grandma made more sense than this
Back to top Go down
procrastinatingDestiny
Level 6 CPU
procrastinatingDestiny

DestinyIntwined

PostSubject: Re: Bertie the Brain (1950)   Bertie the Brain (1950) EmptySun Jan 03, 2016 12:53 am

eh, at least research was done and things were learned
Back to top Go down
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
Braystar

Waluigi
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Bertie the Brain (1950)   Bertie the Brain (1950) EmptySun Jan 03, 2016 1:23 am

I learned the name of a Tic Tac Toe machine. Woopie Facepalm
Back to top Go down
GothicSlenderman
Level 3 CPU

PostSubject: Re: Bertie the Brain (1950)   Bertie the Brain (1950) EmptySun Jan 03, 2016 1:58 am

OmegaSteve777 wrote:
This is the strangest character suggestion yet. This is coming from the guy that suggested Grandma from Cookie Clicker

Wait, what are you talking about? I never suggested anything from Cookie Clicker on this site? I never even played Cookie clicker before.
Back to top Go down
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
Braystar

Waluigi
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Bertie the Brain (1950)   Bertie the Brain (1950) EmptySun Jan 03, 2016 2:07 am

He's talking about himself. Facepalm Facepalm Facepalm Facepalm Facepalm
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Bertie the Brain (1950)   Bertie the Brain (1950) EmptySun Jan 03, 2016 7:28 am

Why are we still posting in this thread? Facepalm Facepalm Facepalm Facepalm Facepalm Facepalm Facepalm Facepalm Facepalm Facepalm Facepalm Facepalm Facepalm Facepalm Facepalm Facepalm Facepalm Facepalm Facepalm Facepalm Facepalm Facepalm
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bertie the Brain (1950)   Bertie the Brain (1950) Empty

Back to top Go down

Bertie the Brain (1950)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1