Young Link [The Legend of Zelda] Discussion

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Dustination

Mach Rider
  Dustination

Young Link [The Legend of Zelda] Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Young Link [The Legend of Zelda] Discussion   Young Link [The Legend of Zelda] Discussion EmptySun Dec 27, 2015 1:08 pm

Discuss whether or not you think Young Link should be added to Super Smash Bros. Crusade.
Back to top Go down
https://projectcrusade.forumotion.com/
Alexander

Alexander

Fox
  KingTremolo

PostSubject: Re: Young Link [The Legend of Zelda] Discussion   Young Link [The Legend of Zelda] Discussion EmptySun Dec 27, 2015 5:18 pm

I'd like Young Link to be in, but I'd want him to reference Majora's Mask.

Perhaps he could take heavy inspiration from his Hyrule Warriors incarnation; there's a lot of moveset potential there.
Back to top Go down
MarioStrikerMurphy1994
Level 5 CPU
MarioStrikerMurphy1994

PostSubject: Re: Young Link [The Legend of Zelda] Discussion   Young Link [The Legend of Zelda] Discussion EmptySun Dec 27, 2015 9:19 pm

Honestly, about Majora's Mask reps., I visualize more to Skull Kid...

And also, about Link's alts., I think with Toon Link is enough...But well...
Back to top Go down
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
Braystar

Waluigi
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Young Link [The Legend of Zelda] Discussion   Young Link [The Legend of Zelda] Discussion EmptySun Dec 27, 2015 10:19 pm

He must have the transformation masks in his moveset, plz
Back to top Go down
MarioStrikerMurphy1994
Level 5 CPU
MarioStrikerMurphy1994

PostSubject: Re: Young Link [The Legend of Zelda] Discussion   Young Link [The Legend of Zelda] Discussion EmptyWed Dec 30, 2015 9:23 pm

Braystar wrote:
He must have the transformation masks in his moveset, plz

Well, despite about Majora's Mask reps., I support more to Skull Kid, I think I have some good ideas for Young Link's moveset, in order to further differentiate him from Link and Wind Waker Link (A.K.A. Toon Link):

-Neutral Special: Spin Attack

-Side Special: Deku Bubble Shot: Young Link equips the Deku Mask, transforming in a Deku. Later, holding down Special Button will cause Deku Link to create a bubble from his mouth, releasing the button will fire the bubble sending it weaving forward in an erratic pattern. this will deal minimal DMG but will stun foes it strikes, the bigger the bubble the longer the stun. however if the button is held too long, the bubble will pop stunning Deku Link.

-Up Special: Zora Dive: Young Link transforms in a Zora, using the Zora Mask. Later, he dives into enemies dealing racking DMG to foes. This is also good for recovery.

-Down Special: Goron Pound: Young Link transforms in Goron, using the Goron Mask. Later, he Curls up and bounces into the sky, then he falls back to the ground causing rocks to spike up on either side. if Goron Link lands on a foe, they will be dealt Big DMG but virtually no Knock Back, if a foe is hit by the jutting rocks they will receive some DMG but big knock back.

-Final Smash: Fierce Deity: Young Link equipsthe Fierce Deity Mask and transform into Fierce Deity Link! in this form, Young Link acts just like regular Adult Link. Only Fierce Deity Link uses his massive Deity Sword in his "A" attacks dealing big DMG and Great Knock back. Pressing Special Button will cause Fierce Deity Link to fire a blast of magical energy across the screen at high speed!

What do you think? Comment, please.
Back to top Go down
Roy
Level 7 CPU
Roy

RoyMaster4

PostSubject: Re: Young Link [The Legend of Zelda] Discussion   Young Link [The Legend of Zelda] Discussion EmptyWed Dec 30, 2015 9:49 pm

If Young Link's specials were based on the masks, it'd be more reasonable to have Up = Deku (Flower), Side = Goron (Roll), and Down = Zora (Barrier), with Neutral = Bow (Considering all of the dungeons have a bow upgrade).

But I'm not sure that is a good idea.
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: Young Link [The Legend of Zelda] Discussion   Young Link [The Legend of Zelda] Discussion EmptyWed Dec 30, 2015 9:51 pm

I think it'd be cool to make Link transform just to do one attack.

It'd be a pain to sprite however...
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Young Link [The Legend of Zelda] Discussion   Young Link [The Legend of Zelda] Discussion EmptyThu Dec 31, 2015 12:39 am

Roy wrote:
If Young Link's specials were based on the masks, it'd be more reasonable to have Up = Deku (Flower), Side = Goron (Roll), and Down = Zora (Barrier), with Neutral = Bow (Considering all of the dungeons have a bow upgrade).

But I'm not sure that is a good idea.
Well, I'm all in for this idea, although I would do things differently.
First of, Neutral Special should be the Fire Arrows from Majora's Mask and Super Smash Bros Melee.
Side Special could very easily be the Goron Roll.
Actually, Deku Flowers being Up Special is also a good idea.
Now, I'm not sure about what attack the Zora mask could give as an Down Special, since that's the mask I'm the least familiar with...
Back to top Go down
MarioStrikerMurphy1994
Level 5 CPU
MarioStrikerMurphy1994

PostSubject: Re: Young Link [The Legend of Zelda] Discussion   Young Link [The Legend of Zelda] Discussion EmptyThu Dec 31, 2015 1:24 am

OmegaSteve777 wrote:

About spriting his attacks, maybe yes, maybe no...
Back to top Go down
desu
Level 6 CPU
desu

Yoshi
  fanyoshixD

PostSubject: Re: Young Link [The Legend of Zelda] Discussion   Young Link [The Legend of Zelda] Discussion EmptyThu Dec 31, 2015 6:45 pm

I had similar ideas, however they are a bit different...
-I thought Neutral Special would be Fire Arrow like Trinito said, but I think he could shoot Ice Arrows too, rarely or depending if you press Up or Down when Young Link is equiping the arrows/starts the move, maybe to make it more different from Link and T. Link's versions he could shoot more than 1 arrow in a single time or he could keep shooting arrows without hiding the bow back in.

-Side Special would be what MarioStriker suggested, he would start spinning and if you press b he would do the Goron Pound, and if you press a he would punch with fists of fire, he doesn't get the mask off until he lands or if he's it when for example, doing the Goron Punch, because when he's rolling he would probably have super armor, he would still take damage but not knockback. And maybe if he's hit when he stops rolling the mask could break and you couldn't use the move again for some seconds.

-Up Special would be Deku Flowers, it's just... he can only do it in the ground... I wonder how an aerial version could work... It could be combined with Striker's idea Deku Bubble Shot, and if Link is hit while he is using the move, Link Deku would fall helpless or the mask would break and couldn't use the move again for 3 or 4 seconds, if Young Link is lucky, he could still use his hookshot to recover.

-Down Special, however, I thought of him having the Bomb Flower in the ground, he would pull it out and could throw them to the ground, if he's close he would get into the bomb's range and get damaged too, it kills at high percents.
In the air, he could use Super Bombs from A Link to the Past, compared to the rest of items, it would follow Young Link behind him, but it makes Link go slower in the air and in the ground. In the ground, Link has to set the bomb pressing Down Special again but in the air, he can throw it pressing Down B to the direction he wants to. It would explode after 3 seconds except if someone gets hit by it, the explosion is 5 hits in total (like Melee) and each hit does 1%/2%, with low knockback in the last hit, it isn't a good killing move but it is useful for combos and damage. Compared to the Bomb Flower it doesn't harm Link, but the explosion's fire can do a bit of damage to him. Link can held the bomb as much as he wants but while he is dragging it behind him it can't damage the opponents, because it hasn't been set up.

About the Normal Attacks, I'm still thinking about them, the moveset I made up so far has the jab, tilts, smashes and neutral air, and what I shared with you. If you want, I can share these attacks aswell.
Back to top Go down
Roy
Level 7 CPU
Roy

RoyMaster4

PostSubject: Re: Young Link [The Legend of Zelda] Discussion   Young Link [The Legend of Zelda] Discussion EmptyThu Dec 31, 2015 8:06 pm

The main issue I have with that, desu, is that there's a distinct lack of Zora. That's why I suggested it for the down special (using the electric barrier).

I don't like the Goron Roll being able to go into a punch. I feel like he should charge forward in a roll (ala Yoshi), but can press B to slam the ground before reverting back (or press A to revert back without pounding).

I wouldn't worry about Deku Flower being ground only - can spin attacks be done in midair? Did Fox ever catch on fire and dash upward? Did Elwind aim downward? The difference could simply be an instant launch, rather than being able to hold it in to hit an unsuspecting foe on the way up.
Back to top Go down
Alexander

Alexander

Fox
  KingTremolo

PostSubject: Re: Young Link [The Legend of Zelda] Discussion   Young Link [The Legend of Zelda] Discussion EmptyFri Jan 01, 2016 8:04 pm

OmegaSteve777 wrote:

It would be a lot easier than to have each form be a whole transformation.  Personally, I wouldn't mind those transformations like that as a spriter; variety is fun.
Back to top Go down
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
Braystar

Waluigi
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Young Link [The Legend of Zelda] Discussion   Young Link [The Legend of Zelda] Discussion EmptyFri Jan 01, 2016 10:36 pm

Well, I thought it be more you press Down B to swap masks, then that'll change what specials he has. And his 'normal' mask would be the yellow fox mask (I don't know the name, donthurtmeplz). I really like his design in Hyrule Warriors, so I would love that giant Koriri Sword. And instead of a bow, a Slingshot he had in OoT (I know he has a Bow in MM, but differentiate him god. Stop sucking up to Melee)
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Young Link [The Legend of Zelda] Discussion   Young Link [The Legend of Zelda] Discussion EmptySat Jan 02, 2016 12:17 am

But Fire Arrows are already different enough.
Back to top Go down
Dustination

Mach Rider
  Dustination

PostSubject: Re: Young Link [The Legend of Zelda] Discussion   Young Link [The Legend of Zelda] Discussion EmptySat Jan 02, 2016 12:33 am

Before anyone mentions sprites again I just want to say that you guys are free to discuss whatever ideas you may have without worrying about that.
If we can't do it, we can't do it.

Regardless, there is not a single suggestion in this thread that isn't doable
Back to top Go down
https://projectcrusade.forumotion.com/
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
Braystar

Waluigi
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Young Link [The Legend of Zelda] Discussion   Young Link [The Legend of Zelda] Discussion EmptySat Jan 02, 2016 12:50 am

Sprites are often the first thing siad to undo a character. Sometimes they're logical, like "No alts costumes" But others...
Back to top Go down
Athorment

Athorment

Ganondorf
  Athorment

PostSubject: Re: Young Link [The Legend of Zelda] Discussion   Young Link [The Legend of Zelda] Discussion EmptyFri Jan 08, 2016 11:44 pm

I would love to give all the "+1" to Dustination's post. I was about to mention the spriting when i read that.

If that's the case i would love to see Young Link transform for a few attacks:
-Side Smash: Goron Punch
-Dash Attack: Deku spin
-Up Air: Zora Dive (multi hit spin on the likes of charizard's Up B/Greninjas Up Air in sm4sh)
-Specials involving mask transformations.

It would be TONS of sprite work, but would make this young link super unique for Crusade and a perfect justification for having 3 links in the game.
Wil probably require some getting used to since hitboxes/hurtboxes would change as he attacks. lol
Back to top Go down
http://athorment.deviantart.com/
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Young Link [The Legend of Zelda] Discussion   Young Link [The Legend of Zelda] Discussion EmptyFri Jan 29, 2016 7:57 pm

So I think that with Dr. Mario added we should see Young Link as a definite possibility.

No one's bought this up, from what I see. But if Dr. Mario can get in as a clone of Mario I don't see why Young Link can't return with a completely original mask-based moveset.

Not only would he be completely decloned from his Melee roots, he'd be a unique addition to Crusade with a mechanic yet seen before.
Back to top Go down
Sean_McMuffin
Level 4 CPU
Sean_McMuffin

Mach Rider
  EnderSean311

PostSubject: Re: Young Link [The Legend of Zelda] Discussion   Young Link [The Legend of Zelda] Discussion EmptyFri Jan 29, 2016 8:23 pm

Masks would be absolutely amazing. As a matter of fact, I actually voted for Young Link with masks for the smash ballot.

Support.
Back to top Go down
TheRedBeast
Level 3 CPU
TheRedBeast

PostSubject: Re: Young Link [The Legend of Zelda] Discussion   Young Link [The Legend of Zelda] Discussion EmptySat Jan 30, 2016 7:01 am

well his attack where from of ocarina of time o a mix from this and majoras mask?
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Young Link [The Legend of Zelda] Discussion   Young Link [The Legend of Zelda] Discussion EmptySat Jan 30, 2016 10:53 am

KuramaExelsior wrote:
well his attack where from of ocarina of time o a mix from this and majoras mask?
I'm sorry, I don't understand what you're saying. I don't think he should take much at all from OoT if that's what you mean.
Back to top Go down
TheRedBeast
Level 3 CPU
TheRedBeast

PostSubject: Re: Young Link [The Legend of Zelda] Discussion   Young Link [The Legend of Zelda] Discussion EmptySun Jan 31, 2016 4:34 am

sorry my english is not to good, like i say moveset from wepons to ocarina of time and the mask from majoras mask
Back to top Go down
Sean_McMuffin
Level 4 CPU
Sean_McMuffin

Mach Rider
  EnderSean311

PostSubject: Re: Young Link [The Legend of Zelda] Discussion   Young Link [The Legend of Zelda] Discussion EmptySun Jan 31, 2016 8:08 am

My concept for different masks was always a transformation using neutral b. And the mask animation would just be a flash of light, as if you cancel the transformation sequence early in majoras mask.
Back to top Go down
Athorment

Athorment

Ganondorf
  Athorment

PostSubject: Re: Young Link [The Legend of Zelda] Discussion   Young Link [The Legend of Zelda] Discussion EmptySun Jan 31, 2016 11:49 am

KuramaExelsior wrote:
A moveset with weapons From ocarina of time and the masks from majoras mask

There's no need for that when The masks alone provide sufficient uniqueness. And if not, there's always Hryule Warrior's Oversized Kokiri Sword then.

Sean_mcmuffin wrote:
My concept for different masks was always a transformation using neutral b
So like Monado Boyz? or like Pokemon Trainer... who even though had an interest mechanic, was highly unliked among the general community? I feel that even a "Transform for one attack" could be a bit messy because it should probably change hurtboxes and weight. It's not the same to trade blows with a Deku Vs a Goron.
Back to top Go down
http://athorment.deviantart.com/
TheRedBeast
Level 3 CPU
TheRedBeast

PostSubject: Re: Young Link [The Legend of Zelda] Discussion   Young Link [The Legend of Zelda] Discussion EmptySun Jan 31, 2016 12:00 pm

well that cool too, luck for me i not the only think of the koei games sagas
Back to top Go down
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
Braystar

Waluigi
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Young Link [The Legend of Zelda] Discussion   Young Link [The Legend of Zelda] Discussion EmptySun Jan 31, 2016 4:15 pm

We need the oversized Koriri Sword. It could make for some hard hitting while still retaining speed.
Back to top Go down
Sean_McMuffin
Level 4 CPU
Sean_McMuffin

Mach Rider
  EnderSean311

PostSubject: Re: Young Link [The Legend of Zelda] Discussion   Young Link [The Legend of Zelda] Discussion EmptyMon Feb 01, 2016 10:25 am

Yeah I was thinking like Shulk's neutral special.
Also, he could use the gilded sword in normal form.
Back to top Go down
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
Braystar

Waluigi
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Young Link [The Legend of Zelda] Discussion   Young Link [The Legend of Zelda] Discussion EmptyMon Feb 01, 2016 3:19 pm

Oversized. Kokiri. Sword.
Back to top Go down
procrastinatingDestiny
Level 6 CPU
procrastinatingDestiny

DestinyIntwined

PostSubject: Re: Young Link [The Legend of Zelda] Discussion   Young Link [The Legend of Zelda] Discussion EmptyTue Feb 02, 2016 11:32 am

Young Link [The Legend of Zelda] Discussion Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRBI-gTFyhp2MJl3K4vMCCTU0Kg0xWkAPmoGkg87W8qLMbuL6YUe3JJQQ-6

I believe we already have an over sized sword
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: Young Link [The Legend of Zelda] Discussion   Young Link [The Legend of Zelda] Discussion EmptyTue Feb 02, 2016 3:28 pm

Ultra Sword ain't in Crusade
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Young Link [The Legend of Zelda] Discussion   Young Link [The Legend of Zelda] Discussion Empty

Back to top Go down

Young Link [The Legend of Zelda] Discussion
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next