Project Crusade Community

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The amount of Reps That would fit the roster

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
SageHarpuiaJDJ

SageHarpuiaJDJ

The amount of Reps That would fit the roster Empty
PostSubject: The amount of Reps That would fit the roster   The amount of Reps That would fit the roster EmptyMon Dec 21, 2015 1:05 pm

The smash 4 final presentation got me to thinking this. What should be a good amount of characters to include in this roster? We currently have 62(58 excluding the alts)and there's more to come. Here's the current series and the amount of characters in each(Excluding future content like Shantae):

Mario series: 9(or 8 excluding Weegee alt)
Wario series: 2
Donkey Kong series: 1
Yoshi series: 1
Pokemon series: 6(or 5 excluding Pichu alt)
Metroid series: 3(or 2 excluding ZSS alt)
Zelda series: 4
Pikman series: 1
Fire Emblem series(everybody's favorite series :3): 1
StarFox series: 3
F-Zero series: 1
Kirby Series: 3
Earthbound/Mother series: 3
Punch Out series: 1
Sin and Punishment series: 1
Ice Climbers series: 1
Famicon series: 1
Duck Hunt series: 1
Mach Rider series: 1
Game and Watch series: 1
Metal Gear series: 1
Bomberman series: 1
Sonic series: 4
Ristar series: 1
Rayman series: 1
Crash series: 1
Mega Man series: 1
Street Fighter series: 3(or 2 excluding E. Ryu alt)
Ace Attorney series: 1
Pac-Man series: 1
Klonoa series: 1
Anime(subject to change to DBZ if requested enough): 1

In order of the roster from left to right. The main reason for this is when characters get added, or, if something comes up, removed, character suggestions will be more maintained. I'll update the thread whenever a new demo comes out to avoid confusion.

This thread can also be used to post whatever amount of characters from each series that you think should be included. This list can be edited to add or remove numbers and posted here, and I'll include them in this OP. Keep in mind of the current amount of this demo. This is, and I cannot stress this enough, NOT A CHARACTER SUGGESTION TOPIC, so try not to post suggestions here. Also, this is only for the characters in the current roster, so when you are making your ideal roster amount, do not include any new series.

Current Lists:

Last edited by SageHarpuiaJDJ on Mon Dec 21, 2015 3:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TaXMaN
Level 6 CPU
TaXMaN

PAC-MAN

PostSubject: Re: The amount of Reps That would fit the roster   The amount of Reps That would fit the roster EmptyMon Dec 21, 2015 2:24 pm

You left out the Pac-Man and Pikmin series.
Back to top Go down
SageHarpuiaJDJ

SageHarpuiaJDJ

PostSubject: Re: The amount of Reps That would fit the roster   The amount of Reps That would fit the roster EmptyMon Dec 21, 2015 3:44 pm

Edited the OP. Thanks for pointing that out.
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: The amount of Reps That would fit the roster   The amount of Reps That would fit the roster EmptyTue Dec 22, 2015 12:54 pm

I think Donkey Kong should have 2 or 3...
Back to top Go down
Athorment

Athorment

Ganondorf
  Athorment

PostSubject: Re: The amount of Reps That would fit the roster   The amount of Reps That would fit the roster EmptyTue Jan 12, 2016 8:33 pm

I believe most of the Nintendo franchises should have a minimum of 2 reps (Minus the obvious franchises that only have 1 character of course)

For the sake of marking a roster size limit I'm going to assume that the goal number is 80.
As of December 21, 2015 the roster is 58 (Minus Alts) so that gives 22 more slots.

Here are some of the franchise i think deserve more slots:
-DK: 2 more at least.
-Pokemon: 2-3 more due to Being one of Nintendo's Biggest franchises.
-Metroid: 1 more
-Zelda: 2-3 more due to it's popularity.
-Fire Emblem: 2-4 more. We only have Marth in the game so it would be great to get some of the sm4sh veterans in this.
-Star Fox: 1 more
-F-Zero: 1-2 more.
-Kirby: 1-2 more.
-Earthbound: 1 more.
-Mega Man: 1-2 more.
-New Franchise: 1 more. Something we haven't seen yet.

Roster grand total: 80

Edit: Although not "permited", i still want to mention veteran franchises as honorable mentions that i think would be good for the roster:
Kid Icarus (2), Animal Crossing (1-2), Wii Fit Trainer (1), Xenoblade (1), Final Fantasy (1)
Back to top Go down
http://athorment.deviantart.com/
Nintensis
Level 4 CPU
Nintensis

jmf72115

PostSubject: Re: The amount of Reps That would fit the roster   The amount of Reps That would fit the roster EmptyWed Jan 13, 2016 11:57 am

About the FE characters... They should really just add Roy, Robin, and Ike :/
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXcP_rB2DD03kDVk4qGFgpQ
procrastinatingDestiny
Level 6 CPU
procrastinatingDestiny

DestinyIntwined

PostSubject: Re: The amount of Reps That would fit the roster   The amount of Reps That would fit the roster EmptyWed Jan 13, 2016 12:41 pm

I believe that it was said that the final roster will have 80 characters, but I'm not certain.
Back to top Go down
Dustination

Mach Rider
  Dustination

PostSubject: Re: The amount of Reps That would fit the roster   The amount of Reps That would fit the roster EmptyWed Jan 13, 2016 12:49 pm

Nothing was said
Back to top Go down
https://projectcrusade.forumotion.com/
procrastinatingDestiny
Level 6 CPU
procrastinatingDestiny

DestinyIntwined

PostSubject: Re: The amount of Reps That would fit the roster   The amount of Reps That would fit the roster EmptyWed Jan 13, 2016 12:53 pm

Yeah I thought so, but it's what I heard. What do you do. But since this is very popular and, with a succesful board like this, I'm thinking about possibly 40 - 50 more characters before they finish. I wonder what they'll do when they finish?
Back to top Go down
King Proto
Level 5 CPU
King Proto

ProtoBlur

PostSubject: Re: The amount of Reps That would fit the roster   The amount of Reps That would fit the roster EmptyWed Jan 13, 2016 7:48 pm

Dustination wrote:
Nothing was said
Could you give us an estimate or not?
Back to top Go down
Dustination

Mach Rider
  Dustination

PostSubject: Re: The amount of Reps That would fit the roster   The amount of Reps That would fit the roster EmptyWed Jan 13, 2016 8:48 pm

SS_Maeweather wrote:
Dustination wrote:
Nothing was said
Could you give us an estimate or not?
The roster is always being modified, we aren't even completely sure ourselves.
Back to top Go down
https://projectcrusade.forumotion.com/
deepstate
Level 3 CPU
deepstate

PostSubject: Re: The amount of Reps That would fit the roster   The amount of Reps That would fit the roster EmptyThu Jan 14, 2016 1:02 am

DestinyIntwined wrote:
I believe that it was said that the final roster will have 80 characters, but I'm not certain.
you aren't wrong, this was the original plan 5 years ago during the proboards and early forumotion days. misinformation was common before the official facebook was founded - back then we had all sorts of folks joining the forum questioning old pitches and changelogs from outdated PR threads on other sites (a lot of them i was responsible for, oops)

anyway IMO series should be represented based on the amount of noteworthy characters in a series with potential for unique playstyles without hinging too much on obscurity/ridiculousness

metroid is one of the most recognizable series in gaming but doesn't need more than samus & ridley to get the point across - it's driven mainly by level design and atmosphere whereas mario and pokemon are gigantic multimedia empires with extensive lore and innumerable cast members. as seen in crusade, you can dig all the way down the obscurity level to petey piranha and snivy etc (are they still in?) without running out of variable steam

making a list like in the OP is a lil excessive. you should trust your gut instinct - ie you really don't need the entire playable sonic heroes cast in a super smash bros fangame to drive the point home that sonic is popular and influential

though you may disagree!
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: The amount of Reps That would fit the roster   The amount of Reps That would fit the roster EmptyThu Jan 14, 2016 3:21 am

Fire Emblem having only one single rep in Crusade is laughable.
Same with Donkey Kong having only one single rep.
It's also unfair that Ubisoft and Naughty Dog get one character each (Rayman and Crash respectively) and Konami gets only two, while Capcom has 4 reps and Sega even 5 reps.
Ubisoft could get Globox as a second rep, while Naughty Dog could get one of Cortex' animal henchmen (like Dingodile or Ripper Roo, I'm just throwing around names at this point) as the second rep.
And Konami really needs a Castlevania character, preferably the one who started it all (Simon Belmont).
Back to top Go down
TaXMaN
Level 6 CPU
TaXMaN

PAC-MAN

PostSubject: Re: The amount of Reps That would fit the roster   The amount of Reps That would fit the roster EmptyThu Jan 14, 2016 4:08 am

TrinitroMan wrote:
Fire Emblem having only one single rep in Crusade is laughable.
Same with Donkey Kong having only one single rep.
It's also unfair that Ubisoft and Naughty Dog get one character each (Rayman and Crash respectively) and Konami gets only two, while Capcom has 4 reps and Sega even 5 reps.
Ubisoft could get Globox as a second rep, while Naughty Dog could get one of Cortex' animal henchmen (like Dingodile or Ripper Roo, I'm just throwing around names at this point) as the second rep.
And Konami really needs a Castlevania character, preferably the one who started it all (Simon Belmont).

I'm sure FE and DK will get their reps eventually. For Ubisoft, not sure if Globox is that special. I know he has that weird rain dance thing he does. An Assassin's Creed rep can also be considered. If Crash were to get another rep, why not Dr. Neo Cortex himself? He has a lot more material to work with than his henchmen. As for Simon Belmont, sure why not?
Back to top Go down
procrastinatingDestiny
Level 6 CPU
procrastinatingDestiny

DestinyIntwined

PostSubject: Re: The amount of Reps That would fit the roster   The amount of Reps That would fit the roster EmptyThu Jan 14, 2016 10:19 am

Why not for Naughty Dog, Jak and Daxter?
Back to top Go down
Roy
Level 7 CPU
Roy

RoyMaster4

PostSubject: Re: The amount of Reps That would fit the roster   The amount of Reps That would fit the roster EmptyThu Jan 14, 2016 11:18 am

DestinyIntwined wrote:
This. So much this.
Please support Jak and Daxter.

... sorry, Jak is probably my second most wanted character in the game (behind Layton). But if you really are going for 'Naughty Dog rep', there's no better option than Jak. Cortex might be ok, but then we have 2 Crash characters... I don't think a second Naughty Dog rep is really necessary as far as represenation is concerned. Are you saying that we need a second Insomniac one once we get Spyro (who would be Ratchet)? I can understand Ubisoft getting a second rep, but Naughty Dog isn't really big enough to have to get another one.

Regardless, if we need representation by companies (ex. Konami), I believe we should be expanding the number of franchises rather than adding, say, another Metal Gear rep (no offense to Raiden). Simon Belmont is perfect in this regard.
Back to top Go down
procrastinatingDestiny
Level 6 CPU
procrastinatingDestiny

DestinyIntwined

PostSubject: Re: The amount of Reps That would fit the roster   The amount of Reps That would fit the roster EmptyThu Jan 14, 2016 11:37 am

Kingdom Hearts!
I'm sorry I just really want Sora as a rep
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: The amount of Reps That would fit the roster   The amount of Reps That would fit the roster EmptyThu Jan 14, 2016 1:28 pm

Roy wrote:
DestinyIntwined wrote:
This. So much this.

... sorry, Jak is probably my second most wanted character in the game (behind Layton). But if you really are going for 'Naughty Dog rep', there's no better option than Jak. Cortex might be ok, but then we have 2 Crash characters... I don't think a second Naughty Dog rep is really necessary as far as represenation is concerned. Are you saying that we need a second Insomniac one once we get Spyro (who would be Ratchet)? I can understand Ubisoft getting a second rep, but Naughty Dog isn't really big enough to have to get another one.

Regardless, if we need representation by companies (ex. Konami), I believe we should be expanding the number of franchises rather than adding, say, another Metal Gear rep (no offense to Raiden). Simon Belmont is perfect in this regard.
Offense taken
Back to top Go down
deepstate
Level 3 CPU
deepstate

PostSubject: Re: The amount of Reps That would fit the roster   The amount of Reps That would fit the roster EmptyThu Jan 14, 2016 8:41 pm

Roy wrote:
DestinyIntwined wrote:
This. So much this.

raiden would rule in a smash context though as would 90% of the fighting metal gear cast

we're talking a series where combat techniques run the gamut from cqc, psionics, cybernetics, blades, guns, grenades, nukes, bombs, mechs, dinner forks, rocket fists, biological warfare, kidnapping goats with balloons, the ability to shoot lightning out of your hand, being a vampire and going to space

castlevania rules and deserves a spot but for real, why not have both

also nathan drake > jak
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: The amount of Reps That would fit the roster   The amount of Reps That would fit the roster EmptyFri Jan 15, 2016 1:24 pm

your goth gf wrote:
Roy wrote:
DestinyIntwined wrote:
This. So much this.

raiden would rule in a smash context though as would 90% of the fighting metal gear cast

we're talking a series where combat techniques run the gamut from cqc, psionics, cybernetics, blades, guns, grenades, nukes, bombs, mechs, dinner forks, rocket fists, biological warfare, kidnapping goats with balloons, the ability to shoot lightning out of your hand, being a vampire and going to space

castlevania rules and deserves a spot but for real, why not have both

also nathan drake > jak
<333333
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: The amount of Reps That would fit the roster   The amount of Reps That would fit the roster EmptyWed Jan 20, 2016 2:01 am

your goth gf wrote:
Roy wrote:
DestinyIntwined wrote:
This. So much this.

You forgot the crotch-grabbing president and the nanomachines, son. Razz
Back to top Go down
wheeled_tank
Level 6 CPU
wheeled_tank

Phoenix Wright
  wheeled_tank

PostSubject: Re: The amount of Reps That would fit the roster   The amount of Reps That would fit the roster EmptySun May 08, 2016 7:31 pm

With Shantea's (planned) arrival, I suggest that an "Indie" category be added, because there are few, if any, Indie Games that have the ability (or popularity) to have multiple characters, but there are so many possibilities for Characters from different games. I think that "Indie" should sit somewhere between 3-5 characters (not including any possible alts) to keep it more in line with other third-party creators

time to wait for someone sitting in the signature

Edit: Why choose between Raiden and Simon Belmont? We could easily have both at the same time. It would allow Konami to keep up with the potential that Naughty Dogs and SEGA have available to them

Last edited by wheeled_tank on Sun May 08, 2016 7:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kzinssie
Level 5 CPU
Kzinssie

Shadow
  slothfulunchmeat

PostSubject: Re: The amount of Reps That would fit the roster   The amount of Reps That would fit the roster EmptySun May 08, 2016 7:44 pm

I don't like the idea of treating all indies as a single "category". For an official Smash game it would make sense, but that's not what this is - and throttling a category which includes such a variety of aesthetics and gameplay styles doesn't seem like a great idea. Cave Story, La-Mulana, Iji, BIT.TRIP, Shovel Knight, Freedom Planet, Hotline Miami, VVVVVV, Five Nights At Freddy's, Undertale, Terraria, Barkley Shut Up And Jam Gaiden... I'm not saying all or even most of those would make good candidates, but I don't see the appeal in putting them all under one umbrella.
Back to top Go down
wheeled_tank
Level 6 CPU
wheeled_tank

Phoenix Wright
  wheeled_tank

PostSubject: Re: The amount of Reps That would fit the roster   The amount of Reps That would fit the roster EmptySun May 08, 2016 7:48 pm

Kzinssie wrote:
I don't like the idea of treating all indies as a single "category". For an official Smash game it would make sense, but that's not what this is - and throttling a category which includes such a variety of aesthetics and gameplay styles doesn't seem like a great idea. Cave Story, La-Mulana, Iji, BIT.TRIP, Shovel Knight, Freedom Planet, Hotline Miami, VVVVVV, Five Nights At Freddy's, Undertale, Terraria, Barkley Shut Up And Jam Gaiden... I'm not saying all or even most of those would make good candidates, but I don't see the appeal in putting them all under one umbrella.
To be fair, there aren't many characters from Indie I would expect to be in (but the same could be said for Ice Climbers). At the same time, you are correct. I tend to be a little picky when it comes to character/series/#-party limits. (Curse me for needing some sort of order Sad )

Edit: I need to stop looking at this as a serious "For Sale" project and more as a "What If" project.
Back to top Go down
Kzinssie
Level 5 CPU
Kzinssie

Shadow
  slothfulunchmeat

PostSubject: Re: The amount of Reps That would fit the roster   The amount of Reps That would fit the roster EmptySun May 08, 2016 7:52 pm

Personally, I think if an indie character is interesting enough to be in it should be treated based on the actual developer that made it. And the only indie dev I can think of that has multiple franchises behind it is WayForward, so
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The amount of Reps That would fit the roster   The amount of Reps That would fit the roster Empty

Back to top Go down

The amount of Reps That would fit the roster
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1