Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy) Discussion

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Slissith

Slissith

( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy) Discussion - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy) Discussion   Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy) Discussion - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 14, 2015 7:16 am

GoldenYuiitusin wrote:
Lego Shaq wrote:

+Shuts up the rabid Shovel Knight supporters.

Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy) Discussion - Page 3 FqvQd1a

Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy) Discussion - Page 3 Tumblr_ncow7kOlOE1smr45to1_500
Back to top Go down
Nohrian Sadist

Nohrian Sadist

cheezetime

PostSubject: Re: Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy) Discussion   Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy) Discussion - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 14, 2015 11:47 am

TrinitroMan wrote:
GoldenYuiitusin wrote:
TrinitroMan wrote:
To be fair, though: Lego Shaq has a point.
I think that neither Shovel Knight nor Shantae should be playable in SM4SH until Quote from Cave Story becomes playable. But alas, that's already going off-topic again, so let's talk about Cloud again, shall we?
So SK fans should shut up because he's not Quote, who is somehow superior to both him AND Shantae for no real reason. Rolling Eyes
Oh no, you take that back! Cave Story is the father of all Indie games.
If Cave Story wouldn't have existed, then neither Shovel Knight nor the indie version of Shantae would exist.
While I love Quote and agree with some of the things you're saying, this is a little far fetched, don't you think?
Back to top Go down
TaXMaN
Level 6 CPU
TaXMaN

PAC-MAN

PostSubject: Re: Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy) Discussion   Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy) Discussion - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 14, 2015 12:09 pm

Leafyon wrote:
TrinitroMan wrote:
GoldenYuiitusin wrote:
TrinitroMan wrote:
To be fair, though: Lego Shaq has a point.
I think that neither Shovel Knight nor Shantae should be playable in SM4SH until Quote from Cave Story becomes playable. But alas, that's already going off-topic again, so let's talk about Cloud again, shall we?
So SK fans should shut up because he's not Quote, who is somehow superior to both him AND Shantae for no real reason. Rolling Eyes
If Cave Story wouldn't have existed, then neither Shovel Knight nor the indie version of Shantae would exist.
While I love Quote and agree with some of the things you're saying, this is a little far fetched, don't you think?

Agreed. If Cave Story didn't exist another game probably would've paved the path for future Indie games.
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy) Discussion   Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy) Discussion - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 14, 2015 12:21 pm

GoldenYuiitusin wrote:
Lego Shaq wrote:

+Shuts up the rabid Shovel Knight supporters.

Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy) Discussion - Page 3 FqvQd1a
I love his game, love the character. But I think he's not a good idea for Smash, and after being told he's one of the most likely candidates and generally being yelled at about not supporting Shovel Knight, do you expect me to have a good opinion on the supporters?

Calm down man, not like I threw your pizza on the roof sitcom laughter

Quote :
I understand how much you love Quote, but that's terrible logic. Shovel Knight could've been produced by any other company, who says it had to be indie in this hypothetical no Cave Story universe?
Back to top Go down
Shiruza
Level 5 CPU
Shiruza

PostSubject: Re: Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy) Discussion   Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy) Discussion - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 14, 2015 12:34 pm

I understand everyone's upset over the comments between Quote, Shovel Knight, and Shantae (as for me I love all three and would be overjoyed at any of their inclusions, make no mistake), but this is getting a little off-topic. We have a Shantae thread for this.

Don't you all agree?

EDIT: As extra motivation, I say we end it here before anyone brings up Frisk.
Back to top Go down
Dustination

Mach Rider
  Dustination

PostSubject: Re: Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy) Discussion   Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy) Discussion - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 14, 2015 12:44 pm

Move the indie character arguments to other threads please
Cloud should not be tainted with such discussion
Back to top Go down
https://projectcrusade.forumotion.com/
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy) Discussion   Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy) Discussion - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 14, 2015 2:08 pm

Shiruza wrote:
I understand everyone's upset over the comments between Quote, Shovel Knight, and Shantae (as for me I love all three and would be overjoyed at any of their inclusions, make no mistake), but this is getting a little off-topic. We have a Shantae thread for this.

Don't you all agree?

EDIT: As extra motivation, I say we end it here before anyone brings up Frisk.
I'm very excited for the Frisk thread so I can bury it in the ground

But you and Dust are right; just wanted to explain my reaction. Anyway...

What's there to say about Cloud right now? He'd ought to be confirmed for Crusade in my head right now.
Back to top Go down
Shiruza
Level 5 CPU
Shiruza

PostSubject: Re: Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy) Discussion   Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy) Discussion - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 15, 2015 10:48 am

Lego Shaq wrote:

What's there to say about Cloud right now? He'd ought to be confirmed for Crusade in my head right now.

Thank you, I understand.

Well, various move changes and the sort. We can get a rough idea from his trailer, but I suppose that bigger changes can wait for his actual release. Though I am pleasantly surprised by their inclusion of the Limit Break system. ^ ^

Side note: Should I take that as a support, or am I being too presumptuous?
Back to top Go down
Roy
Level 7 CPU
Roy

RoyMaster4

PostSubject: Re: Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy) Discussion   Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy) Discussion - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 15, 2015 12:07 pm

Is there a support list? I didn't see one in the OP.

Maybe this is weird, but I'm considering making a u-turn and removing my support now that he's in Sm4sh... I feel like it might do Crusade some good to have a more unique rep - that is, one that isn't in another Smash game. That Chocobo Knight was neat, and I really like Kefka... hm. Still undecided.
Back to top Go down
Naughty Ottsel
Level 5 CPU
Naughty Ottsel

Captain Falcon
  Vanillogic

PostSubject: Re: Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy) Discussion   Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy) Discussion - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 15, 2015 6:06 pm

I already supported this, and that still holds true. I also think Cloud could easily coexist alongside other FF reps, like Kefka.

Just want to say that Cloud being confirmed for Sm4sh doesn't mean anyone is confirmed to not be included. Just that the face of Final Fantasy and, arguably, JRPGs on the whole was announced first.
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy) Discussion   Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy) Discussion - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 15, 2015 6:07 pm

Shiruza wrote:
Lego Shaq wrote:

Thank you, I understand.

Well, various move changes and the sort. We can get a rough idea from his trailer, but I suppose that bigger changes can wait for his actual release. Though I am pleasantly surprised by their inclusion of the Limit Break system. ^ ^

Side note: Should I take that as a support, or am I being too presumptuous?
Thought I already supported. If not support.

Roy wrote:
Is there a support list? I didn't see one in the OP.

Maybe this is weird, but I'm considering making a u-turn and removing my support now that he's in Sm4sh... I feel like it might do Crusade some good to have a more unique rep - that is, one that isn't in another Smash game. That Chocobo Knight was neat, and I really like Kefka... hm. Still undecided.
..So you're basically trying to be a hipster?

I'm sorry, but, uh...not sure that's how it works. Cloud's plenty unique anyway, and hey, Pac-Man's in Smash 4, let's replace him with one of the ghosts according to your logic.

Plus, we can have multiple Final Fantasy reps. We have 3 Street Fighter reps already.
Back to top Go down
Shiruza
Level 5 CPU
Shiruza

PostSubject: Re: Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy) Discussion   Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy) Discussion - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 15, 2015 6:23 pm

Updated the original post with a support list at the very bottom. If I've forgotten anyone of have made a mistake, please let me know and I'll fix it.
Back to top Go down
Roy
Level 7 CPU
Roy

RoyMaster4

PostSubject: Re: Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy) Discussion   Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy) Discussion - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 15, 2015 10:30 pm

Lego Shaq wrote:

I'm sorry, but, uh...not sure that's how it works. Cloud's plenty unique anyway, and hey, Pac-Man's in Smash 4, let's replace him with one of the ghosts according to your logic.

Plus, we can have multiple Final Fantasy reps. We have 3 Street Fighter reps already.
Actually, I woulda been ok with Pac-Man being replaced with another Namco rep... Heihachi is a decent pick, but both can coexist and Pac-Man is already in the game. I think 3 Street Fighter reps is wrong... but that's not really up to me.

If we can have a lot of FF reps, of course Cloud is practically necessary. But if we only have 2 or 3, I'm not sure...
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy) Discussion   Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy) Discussion - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 15, 2015 10:47 pm

Well, Cloud is definitely recognizable, so I guess if a FF character gets in first, then it's Cloud.
Afterwards, we can always include a second FF rep, if necesary.
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy) Discussion   Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy) Discussion - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 16, 2015 2:18 pm

Roy wrote:
Lego Shaq wrote:

Actually, I woulda been ok with Pac-Man being replaced with another Namco rep... Heihachi is a decent pick, but both can coexist and Pac-Man is already in the game. I think 3 Street Fighter reps is wrong... but that's not really up to me.

If we can have a lot of FF reps, of course Cloud is practically necessary. But if we only have 2 or 3, I'm not sure...
If we have 2 or 3, of COURSE Cloud is neccessary. He's literally one of most popular character of the franchise. If we have 1, Cloud is neccessary as well. There's absolutely no need to not include Cloud.
Back to top Go down
Slissith

Slissith

( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

PostSubject: Re: Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy) Discussion   Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy) Discussion - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 16, 2015 2:22 pm

Do not allow his inclusion in Smash 4 to cloud your judgement.

Da Bum Tss!
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy) Discussion   Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy) Discussion - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 12:10 am

With Cloud being included, only the sky is the limit.
Back to top Go down
TheMayMaysJack
Level 4 CPU
TheMayMaysJack

:^)

PostSubject: Re: Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy) Discussion   Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy) Discussion - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 7:53 am

Rain death on your opponents with Cloud's buster sword and his magic skills.
Back to top Go down
Dustination

Mach Rider
  Dustination

PostSubject: Re: Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy) Discussion   Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy) Discussion - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 12:40 pm

Weather
Back to top Go down
https://projectcrusade.forumotion.com/
TSF.Strife
Level 3 CPU
TSF.Strife

WulfenGale

PostSubject: Re: Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy) Discussion   Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy) Discussion - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 1:56 pm

I like this idea.

I'll give a support.
Back to top Go down
Shiruza
Level 5 CPU
Shiruza

PostSubject: Re: Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy) Discussion   Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy) Discussion - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 21, 2015 1:03 pm

Updated the main page. Thank you for your support.
Back to top Go down
Shiruza
Level 5 CPU
Shiruza

PostSubject: Re: Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy) Discussion   Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy) Discussion - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 19, 2015 10:50 am

So now that everyone's had a chance to play as Cloud, what recommendations can you give for revisions in the moveset?

I have a few ideas:

-Change U-Spec to Climhazard, but combine the aspects of this Cloud's Climhazard with the SSB4 Climhazard (such as moving slightly forwards before rising, having additional hits during the Limit Break version, etc.)
-Change F-Spec to Cross Slash, functioning as it does in SSB4
-Give D-Smash a Limit Break variation in the form of Finishing Touch (as it appears in Smash 4).

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy) Discussion   Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy) Discussion - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 19, 2015 11:00 am

Hmm...fair enough...but it's rubbing me a bit the wrong way that Blade Beam is locked to Limit Break.
After all, Blade Beam is Cloud's Hadouken.
Maybe make Braver his Dash Attack (I always saw Braver as an attack initiated from a run/dash) and change his current F-Smash to a reinterpretition/Sakuraization of Fire/Firaga, which is a fiery explosion caused from his hand palm (kinda like Isaac's Forward Smash in the leaked Project M Dev Build).
While charging the Forward Smash, Cloud could even do his classic spell cast animation from Final Fantasy 7.
And with those changes, Blade Beam can return to its Neutral Special spot.
Back to top Go down
Shiruza
Level 5 CPU
Shiruza

PostSubject: Re: Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy) Discussion   Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy) Discussion - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 19, 2015 11:19 am

TrinitroMan wrote:
Hmm...fair enough...but it's rubbing me a bit the wrong way that Blade Beam is locked to Limit Break.
Maybe make Braver his Dash Attack (I always saw Braver as an attack initiated from a run/dash) and change his current F-Smash to a reinterpretition/Sakuraization of Fire/Firaga, which is a fiery explosion caused from his hand palm (kinda like Isaac's Forward Smash in the leaked Project M Dev Build).
While charging the Forward Smash, Cloud could even do his classic spell cast animation from Final Fantasy 7.
And with those changes, Blade Beam can return to its Neutral Special spot.

Hm... That could be made to work. I could then use the old N-Spec's Limit Break variation as the Limit Break variation for his F-Smash.

However, that being said, I'm conflicted; as a projectile, I feel as though Fire and Firaga are more unique and give Cloud more zoning options, with their slow style complimenting his close-quarters combat style. Plus, even if Blade Beam isn't made the N-Spec, it would still be represented.

Even so however, it is a good point that it would still make sense to make it as easy to use as it is in Smash 4.

And so I'm conflicted; Gameplay, or characterization?
Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

PostSubject: Re: Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy) Discussion   Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy) Discussion - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 19, 2015 12:55 pm

TrinitroMan wrote:

uhhh not at all. Only in Smash 4 is it presented that way. Blade Beam is one of Cloud's Limit Breaks in FF7, not some magic attack he can spam whenever he wants to. It is a super move he can only bust out on occasion. If you want to be accurate to Cloud as a character, you do it the way we did not the way smash 4 did.
Back to top Go down
Shiruza
Level 5 CPU
Shiruza

PostSubject: Re: Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy) Discussion   Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy) Discussion - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 20, 2015 9:36 am

Perfect Hell wrote:
TrinitroMan wrote:

uhhh not at all.  Only in Smash 4 is it presented that way.  Blade Beam is one of Cloud's Limit Breaks in FF7, not some magic attack he can spam whenever he wants to.  It is a super move he can only bust out on occasion.  If you want to be accurate to Cloud as a character, you do it the way we did not the way smash 4 did.

Good point; since every Limit Break can be seen as a "Special Move" in some capacity, I suppose that gives us more freedom in terms of how we can portray them and still be accurate to the source material.

In that case, Blade Beam will stay as it is, as Fire/Firaga has much more potential as a projectile. Thank you for your suggestion regardless, any input at all is welcome.

Which reminds me; Perfect Hell, I never got written confirmation in your support for this project. Would I be wrong to assume you are?
Back to top Go down
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

PostSubject: Re: Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy) Discussion   Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy) Discussion - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 20, 2015 9:46 am

Support
Back to top Go down
Shiruza
Level 5 CPU
Shiruza

PostSubject: Re: Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy) Discussion   Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy) Discussion - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 20, 2015 9:48 am

Perfect Hell wrote:
Support

Thank you. I've updated the support list.

Any other ideas for representing his Smash 4 self?

EDIT: Added TaXMaN to the support list as well.

Last edited by Shiruza on Sun Dec 20, 2015 9:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TaXMaN
Level 6 CPU
TaXMaN

PAC-MAN

PostSubject: Re: Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy) Discussion   Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy) Discussion - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 20, 2015 9:50 am

Cloud has my support.
Back to top Go down
eris27100
Level 3 CPU
eris27100

N/A

PostSubject: Re: Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy) Discussion   Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy) Discussion - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 20, 2015 8:22 pm

Now that I have played him in real smash I think I can support
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy) Discussion   Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy) Discussion - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy) Discussion
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next