Bowser Jr. (Super Mario Bros) BklTYr4

Project Crusade Community

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Bowser Jr. (Super Mario Bros)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

Bowser Jr. (Super Mario Bros) Empty
PostSubject: Bowser Jr. (Super Mario Bros)   Bowser Jr. (Super Mario Bros) EmptyMon Jul 13, 2015 9:09 am

Bowser Jr. (Super Mario Bros) 300px-Bowser_Jr._SSB4

Neutral attack:The Junior Clown Car punches twice, followed by a flurry of punches and a finishing hit using boxing gloves. It's surprinsingly powerful and can kill around 130-150% at the edge of the stage

Forward tilt:The Junior Clown Car stabs forward using a pitchfork. Can be angled.

Up tilt:The Junior Clown Car slashes upward using a pitchfork.

Down tilt:The Junior Clown Car opens its mouth to attack with its tongue.

Dash attack:The Junior Clown Car slashes multiple times with a grinder.

Forward smash: Bowser Jr. uses two drills to drill his opponents. Can be angled.

Up smash: Bowser Jr. flips upside down and attacks with the Junior Clown Car's spinning propeller.

Down smash: Bowser Jr. slams the ground on both sides of him using wrecking balls.

Neutral aerial:The Junior Clown Car spins around with the boxing glove arms extended.

Forward aerial:The Junior Clown Car swings a wrecking ball in front of Bowser Jr.

Back aerial:The Junior Clown Car swings a wrecking ball behind Bowser Jr.

Up aerial: Bowser Jr. swings a hammer above himself.

Down aerial: Bowser Jr. extends a drill below the Junior Clown Car to drill his opponents. It has almost no landing lag if you hit an opponent while landing

Pummel: Bowser Jr. hits the opponent with a toy hammer.

Forward throw:The boxing glove arm uppercuts the opponent forward.

Back throw: Bowser Jr. spins, then throws the opponent behind him with the claw. Can kill at higher percentages

Up throw: Bowser Jr. throws the opponent above him with the claw.

Down throw: Bowser Jr. throws the opponent onto the ground and drills into them.

Neutral special: Bowser Jr. fires a slow, heavy cannonball from the Junior Clown Car's mouth. It can be charged to increase the cannonball's speed and power.

Side special: Bowser Jr. transforms the Junior Clown Car into a kart that speeds forward. Changing the direction will cause it to spin out.

Up special: Bowser Jr. ejects from the Junior Clown Car just before it explodes. He can perform a hammer attack upon falling.

Down special: Bowser Jr. drops a Mechakoopa from the hatch of the Clown Car as it walks forward. If it makes contact with an opponent, it will detonate. They can be picked up as items.

Final Smash: Bowser Jr. transforms into his Shadow Mario disguise and paints an orange "X" on the screen. Anyone caught in the "X"'s hitbox will take damage. The "X" will clear away after some time.

Last edited by Playtimebro on Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:11 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Bowser Jr. (Super Mario Bros)   Bowser Jr. (Super Mario Bros) EmptyMon Jul 13, 2015 10:02 am

Will he have the Koopalings as costumes instead of different palletes?
If not, then no support.
Back to top Go down
TaXMaN
Level 6 CPU
TaXMaN

PAC-MAN

PostSubject: Re: Bowser Jr. (Super Mario Bros)   Bowser Jr. (Super Mario Bros) EmptyMon Jul 13, 2015 10:27 am

TrinitroMan wrote:
Will he have the Koopalings as costumes instead of different palletes?
If not, then no support.

Highly doubt it.
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Bowser Jr. (Super Mario Bros)   Bowser Jr. (Super Mario Bros) EmptyMon Jul 13, 2015 11:08 am

Then no support from me.
Back to top Go down
danick
Level 4 CPU

PostSubject: Re: Bowser Jr. (Super Mario Bros)   Bowser Jr. (Super Mario Bros) EmptyMon Jul 13, 2015 1:48 pm

I will support if make him a new moveset
Back to top Go down
Mellon
Level 5 CPU
Mellon

mellon1111

PostSubject: Re: Bowser Jr. (Super Mario Bros)   Bowser Jr. (Super Mario Bros) EmptyMon Jul 13, 2015 4:19 pm

Please stop posting these

Some of us are thinking about original movesets for these characters unlike this copy-paste grossness
Back to top Go down
Dustination

Mach Rider
  Dustination

PostSubject: Re: Bowser Jr. (Super Mario Bros)   Bowser Jr. (Super Mario Bros) EmptyMon Jul 13, 2015 5:39 pm

Mellon wrote:
Please stop posting these

Some of us are thinking about original movesets for these characters unlike this copy-paste grossness

It's first come first serve. If yours ends up being better when you get around to it this one gets replaced. Simple as that.
Back to top Go down
https://projectcrusade.forumotion.com/
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Bowser Jr. (Super Mario Bros)   Bowser Jr. (Super Mario Bros) EmptyMon Jul 13, 2015 11:16 pm

I'm sorry, but Bowser Jr.'s Smash 4 moveset is already good enough.
Any major tinckering at it, like literally replacing a move, will only break more than it fixes.
However, I willl still not support Bowser Jr., but not because of the moveset, but only because he very probably wont get the Koopalings as alt costumes and instead just get boring recolors.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bowser Jr. (Super Mario Bros)   Bowser Jr. (Super Mario Bros) EmptyMon Jul 13, 2015 11:59 pm

Yeah i actually add the koopalings the why i put bowser jr./ koopalings i think you didnt get but ok
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Bowser Jr. (Super Mario Bros)   Bowser Jr. (Super Mario Bros) EmptyTue Jul 14, 2015 1:38 am

I only said that because the game developers might agree on Bowser Jr., but not on Koopalings alt customes.
Back to top Go down
SP

cellularSP

PostSubject: Re: Bowser Jr. (Super Mario Bros)   Bowser Jr. (Super Mario Bros) EmptyTue Jul 14, 2015 7:26 am

I actually hated that the Koopalings were alts of Bowser Jr. For starters, some of the larger Koopalings are resized to fit into the smaller clown car, which looks really weird. Second, it sort of forced all of the Koopalings into a generic set of moves based on Bowser Jr, when all of the Koopalings have their own magic abilities, etc. Obviously they all couldn't be selectable like this, but they still feel somewhat watered down since they are alts of Bowser Jr and are forced into clown cars.

At the end of the day, I know that a lot of people actually like the Koopalings as alts, and I suppose I can live with Bowser Jr.'s default color if I want to use him.

As for the Koopalings' chances in Crusade if Bowser Jr. was to be included, I'd say they are slim to none. Crusade is a huge package as it is, and we want to try and save space anywhere we can. Adding in 7 different Koopalings just to be alts is a waste in all honesty, as that space could be used for other characters entirely.
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: Bowser Jr. (Super Mario Bros)   Bowser Jr. (Super Mario Bros) EmptyWed Jul 15, 2015 12:36 pm

The only way I can see Kooplings being a thing in Crusade is if we even had a spriter willing and able to sprite Bowser Jr. 8 times (Bowser Jr. himself and the 7 Kooplings). Each character has a good 60 to 70 animations, so imagine that times 8.

Also, there is file size to consider, which I'm sure is better reserved for a better variety of characters.

To me, the Kooplings were a bonus and not a necessity in SSB4. I don't mind seeing Bowser Jr. in Crusade without the Kooplings, however, I don't know if fans themselves would be ok with that. Not sure if its right to support it or not.
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Bowser Jr. (Super Mario Bros)   Bowser Jr. (Super Mario Bros) EmptyWed Jul 15, 2015 1:09 pm

Well, if Bowser Jr. ain't gonna get his Koopalings alts, then I'm not supporting him, because to be dead honest: That was the only big appeal about Smash 4 Bowser Jr. (the other one is him riding a vehicle, and that spot is already taken by Pokey).
Back to top Go down
Azure_Raven
Level 4 CPU

Mr. Game & Watch

PostSubject: Re: Bowser Jr. (Super Mario Bros)   Bowser Jr. (Super Mario Bros) EmptyWed Jul 15, 2015 3:09 pm

I support Bowser Jr, but NOT the Koopalings. I don't hate them, but like Staypuft and Smash King have already mentioned, it would take an unknown amount of time and effort to sprite all the Koopalings and program them into the game; it would also waste a large amount of space that could be used for something else, like other characters or stages. Also, giving that each Koopaling has their own special traits and abilities, I feel like giving putting them in as alternate costumes takes that away from them. If any of the Koopalings DO make it into Crusade (possibly unlikely, given the amount of other possible characters), they should be given their own moveset that uniquely defines them.

Overall, I support.
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: Bowser Jr. (Super Mario Bros)   Bowser Jr. (Super Mario Bros) EmptyWed Jul 15, 2015 9:50 pm

I support BOWSER JUNIOR

he fun
Back to top Go down
Mellon
Level 5 CPU
Mellon

mellon1111

PostSubject: Re: Bowser Jr. (Super Mario Bros)   Bowser Jr. (Super Mario Bros) EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 4:07 pm

Ah whatever I'm too tired to make a seperate topic so I'll just paste my moveset here

I really just wanted to get this out there ASAP so I haven't written things like Character Bio and playstyle. Just know that this Bowser Jr will change between two forms during battle.

Bowser Jr in Crusade

Clown Car Form
This form will mostly be the same as the one in SSB4, but with a few changes

-When landing after using the Up B, Bowser Jr changes to his Regular Form.

-Down Special has a 3% chance of dropping a Bob-omb instead of a Mechakoopa

-The wrecking balls used in his Bair, Fair, Dsmash and Ledge attack now have spikes on them to better represent the hazards found in many of Super Mario World's castles.

-Down Air will make the clown car's propeller spin rapidly and make Bowser Jr go slightly upwards, like Ivysaurs Dair.

-Side Smash will have a mechanical hand similar to the one Bowser uses in New Super Mario Bros U squash whoever is in front of the clown car.

-Grab now uses the same hand as the Side Smash to grab foes

-Back Throw has Bowser Jr turning around, then spinning the hand in circles twice before throwing the foe away.

-Down Throw has Bowser Jr slamming the foe on the ground, then flying upside down with the Clown Car and spewing flames on the foe from above.

Regular Form

Standard Attacks
Jab: Swings his Smash 4 hammer in front of him twice, ending with a whack-a-mole swing that has a chance of burying opponents. The first 2 hits deal 3% damage each, while the final hit deals 4%
Side Tilt: A swipe with the magic paintbrush, which comes out fast and has good knockback. Deals 7% damage and has some slight endlag.
Up Tilt: Bowser Jr jumps upwards while crouching, like Bowser's Up Smash but much faster. Deals 12% damage, but has a long startup.
Down Tilt: A bite attack that deals 8% damage with little knockback or ending lag. Slight startup.
Dash Attack: Bowser Jr withdraws into his shell and spins while moving forward, like the Koopalings do after getting hurt in the New Super Mario Bros series. Lasts for 2 seconds, and deals 10% damage. Makes the same sound effect as getting hit by a Green Shell, and Bowser Jr is not able to cancel the attack, slow down or change direction in any way.

Smash attacks
Up Smash: Bowser Jr throws a hammer in an upwards arch, like Bowser in the original Super Mario Bros. Very powerful at 18% uncharged, but Bowser Jr is unable to move while the hammer is in the air.
Down Smash: A swipe in front of and behind him with the Magic Paintbrush. Each swipe leaves a stripe of magic paint on the ground, which sticks around for a few seconds and deals 5% with minimal knockback to whoever touches it. The first swipe deals 13%, while the second swipe deals 16%.
Side Smash: A stream of fire ending with a fireball, with slightly shorter range than Mii Gunner's Side Smash. The stream of fire hits 4 times and deals 10% damage if all of them hit (2%, 2%, 3%, 3%) with the fireball dealing 10% as well. Has barely any startup and slightly longer endlag, but characters with combo breakers like Marth's Up B can avoid getting hit by the final Fireball.

Aerials
Unique air: The hammer used in Bowser Jr's Up B from Smash 4 can only be used after the Clown Car forms's Up B, and not in the Regular Form's moveset.
Nair: Does a spin with his limbs stretched out like Bowser's Nair in Smash 4. Can hit 5 times, but the attacks don't combo too well into each other despite each hit only dealing 3.5%.
Fair: A surprisingly quick horizontal swipe with the magic paintbrush, dealing 9% damage with surprisingly good knockback. Like the Down Smash, it also leaves a spot of paint wherever the attack is used, which disappears slightly faster than the Down Smash's paint.
Bair: Bowser Jr picks up a Bob-omb out of nowhere and does a backflip, then throws the bomb downwards and backwards at a 90 degree angle. The backflip itself has a really tiny hitbox which knocks the foe into the Bob-omb as it explodes. Naturally the same damage and knockback as a Bob-Omb does.
Dair: Similar to Bowser's Smash 4 Dair, except that Bowser Jr doesn't curl up in his shell and instead just falls shell-first towards the ground. Has a small sweetspot that meteor smashes foes. Sweetspot deals 18%, while regular deals 14%. Medium startup, long end lag.
Uair: Identical to his Up Air in the Clown Car.

Specials
Neutral Special: Junior Fireball. Bowser Jr charges for a moment, then launches a fireball straight forward like Bowser's Fire Shot custom in Smash 4. Has some slight end lag, but not a whole lot. In the air, the Fireball heads downwards and makes Bowser Jr stall in the air like with Mario's Cape. Deals 10% and is based on the attack used in almost all of his boss battles in the New Super Mario Bros series.

Side Special: Shadow Mario. Bowser Jr puts on his Shadow Mario Bib and dashes forward automatically. If the attack button is pressed during this, Bowser Jr will swipe in front of him with the Magic Paintbrush in a similar way to Marth's dash attack. The jump button makes Bowser Jr jump at the same height as Mario, and the special button instantly turns him back to Bowser Jr, whereas attacking leaves you with more endlag. The swipe deals 9% and, once again, leaves a mark of paint wherever it was used which damages whoever who touches it. This paint sticks around longer than the Down Smash and Fair. Based on his first appearance as Shadow Mario in Super Mario Sunshine.

Down Special: Retreat. Bowser Jr retreats into his shell for about three seconds, damaging anyone who touches the spikes above him but not doing anything to attacks coming in from the sides. Attacks from above are cancelled by the powerful shell. Deals 7% with meh knockback, and has a lot of endlag. This move, however, is activated on Frame 1 and has some surprisingly big upwards range. Based on his boss battles in the original New Super Mario Bros.

Up Special: Junior Clown Car. After about a second after this move is used, the Junior Clown Car swoops in from the background and picks up Bowser Jr, carrying him upwards. Since Bowser Jr falls while waiting for the Clown Car, it doesn't carry him too far upwards; About the same as a single Quick attack burst from Pikachu. Changes to the Clown Car form.
Back to top Go down
Dr. CanadianBacon
Level 6 CPU
Dr. CanadianBacon

Dr.CanadianBacon

PostSubject: Re: Bowser Jr. (Super Mario Bros)   Bowser Jr. (Super Mario Bros) EmptySat Jul 18, 2015 9:49 am

Smash King wrote:

The only way I can see Kooplings being a thing in Crusade is if we even had a spriter willing and able to sprite Bowser Jr. 8 times (Bowser Jr. himself and the 7 Kooplings). Each character has a good 60 to 70 animations, so imagine that times 8.

Also, there is file size to consider, which I'm sure is better reserved for a better variety of characters.

To me, the Kooplings were a bonus and not a necessity in SSB4. I don't mind seeing Bowser Jr. in Crusade without the Kooplings, however, I don't know if fans themselves would be ok with that. Not sure if its right to support it or not.

Actually remaking the Koopalings doesn't take that much effort once the original animation is finished. The most difficult one is probably Ludwig because the large amounts of hair. I've done Idle animations for every Koopaling in the Clown Copter myself and it's not that bad really. Just resize some of their bodies to make them look Bigger/Smaller, and you'll get there eventually. That being said I'm sure it'd take a couple extra hours of work regardless. After making Bowser Jr.'s sprites I'd think it'd take around 3-6 hours of extra work to port the Koopalings into his sprites... Per Koopaling. So 21-42 hours of extra work I'd say. I'm sure that's not even much compared to other sprites though. Not sure how long it'd take to program personally.
Finding someone that dedicated would be tough, and I think Koopalings would be an extra bonus added onto a later version, while Bowser Jr. himself could be added earlier with simple palette swaps like other characters for awhile.

That's my opinion at least, I support simply because I love playing Bowser Jr. in Smash Wii U, and I sprited him a lot when he was first announced. One of my favourite characters for sure, love him and the Koopalings!
Back to top Go down
Naughty Ottsel
Level 5 CPU
Naughty Ottsel

Captain Falcon
  Vanillogic

PostSubject: Re: Bowser Jr. (Super Mario Bros)   Bowser Jr. (Super Mario Bros) EmptyMon Jul 20, 2015 1:29 pm

Definitely support Bowser Jr., and the Koopalings as alternates. While I won't srgue that they don't have their own quirks and individual traits, I don't think that they're unique enough to warant being anything other than skins. But I still support Bowser Jr. if the Koopalings aren't an option. He's one of the more unique Mario characters in Smash, despite what some may think based on who he is in the Mario games themselves.
Back to top Go down
AkumaTh
Level 3 CPU
AkumaTh

AkumaTh

PostSubject: Re: Bowser Jr. (Super Mario Bros)   Bowser Jr. (Super Mario Bros) EmptyTue Jul 21, 2015 1:17 pm

I'll support Bowser Jr, but the Koopalings as alts will be a big space waster in a game like this. Having them as alts will be having 8 times the space of one character, and that can't be good.

Though maybe the Koopalings can be made into one character. One main Koopaling and the others being the specials and some attacks. Kind of like Olimar but without having the Pikmin on screen the entire time.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mgcomics.com/
MarioStrikerMurphy1994
Level 5 CPU
MarioStrikerMurphy1994

PostSubject: Re: Bowser Jr. (Super Mario Bros)   Bowser Jr. (Super Mario Bros) EmptyTue Nov 03, 2015 12:01 am

Sounds interesting seeing the Little son of The Koopa King. However, I'm suggesting some changes:

-No longer fighting on The Clown Car
-Neutral Special: Hammer/Boomerang/Fireball Throw
-Side Special: Cannon
-Up Special: Ground Pound
-Down Special: MechaniKoopa
-Final Smash: Koopa Clown Car

What do you think? Comment, please.
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Bowser Jr. (Super Mario Bros)   Bowser Jr. (Super Mario Bros) EmptyTue Nov 03, 2015 8:36 am

MarioStrikerMurphy1994 wrote:
Sounds interesting seeing the Little son of The Koopa King. However, I'm suggesting some changes:

-No longer fighting on The Clown Car
-Neutral Special: Hammer/Boomerang/Fireball Throw
-Side Special: Cannon
-Up Special: Ground Pound
-Down Special: MechaniKoopa
-Final Smash: Koopa Clown Car

What do you think? Comment, please.
Neutral and Side are not what I think of at all when I see Jr. Same with the Up special.

I can't think of a great moveset myself but I do think he shouldn't be in the Clown Car. Support for now, like it was needed tho.
Back to top Go down
Roy
Level 7 CPU
Roy

RoyMaster4

PostSubject: Re: Bowser Jr. (Super Mario Bros)   Bowser Jr. (Super Mario Bros) EmptyTue Nov 03, 2015 10:10 am

If we have Bowser Jr, I support using the clown car (and thus SSBU moveset). The main reason is that it makes him unique - painting the ground (assuming a paintbrush based moveset) is taken by Inkling, and creating damaging terrain spots is something Petey can do (who is also our Sunshine rep as it is).
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Bowser Jr. (Super Mario Bros)   Bowser Jr. (Super Mario Bros) EmptyTue Nov 03, 2015 11:20 am

Roy wrote:
If we have Bowser Jr, I support using the clown car (and thus SSBU moveset). The main reason is that it makes him unique - painting the ground (assuming a paintbrush based moveset) is taken by Inkling, and creating damaging terrain spots is something Petey can do (who is also our Sunshine rep as it is).
I think the cart moveset would be a perfect fit for Eggman. We don't have to have a paint moveset, Jr has other moves, he could spin in his shell for one.

I love the Clown Car moveset but I just don't think it's Bowser Jr as he could be. I dunno how to express it.
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Bowser Jr. (Super Mario Bros)   Bowser Jr. (Super Mario Bros) EmptyTue Nov 03, 2015 11:36 am

To be fair, it pretty much became Bowser Jr at this point.
Even in his recent non-Smash appearance, you see Bowser Jr. in his Clown Car all the time and never exiting.
My head canon is that after an intense battle against the Mario Brothers, Bowser Jr. got paralyzed from the waist down due to Mario breaking Bowser Jr.'s spine, and now that poor kid needs to stay in his Clown Car in order to move around at all.
Really shows that Mario is the real villian.
Back to top Go down
Dustination

Mach Rider
  Dustination

PostSubject: Re: Bowser Jr. (Super Mario Bros)   Bowser Jr. (Super Mario Bros) EmptyTue Nov 03, 2015 11:37 am

There is literally nothing wrong with the Clown Car
Back to top Go down
https://projectcrusade.forumotion.com/
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: Bowser Jr. (Super Mario Bros)   Bowser Jr. (Super Mario Bros) EmptyTue Nov 03, 2015 11:45 am

Dustination wrote:
I know, I love the clown car, I just don't want to see Jr OUT of his Clown Car be something that falls into obscurity. In Ultra Smash, he's playable..in his clown car.

I'll still be using Jr if he makes it in in the Clown Car though. Both moveset ideas are good.
Back to top Go down
Roy
Level 7 CPU
Roy

RoyMaster4

PostSubject: Re: Bowser Jr. (Super Mario Bros)   Bowser Jr. (Super Mario Bros) EmptyTue Nov 03, 2015 11:48 am

Hm, I forgot about Eggman... though the 2 movesets are distinct... I'm not sure what to think here. It'd be nice to see a full moveset for non-clown car Jr, though.
Back to top Go down
TaXMaN
Level 6 CPU
TaXMaN

PAC-MAN

PostSubject: Re: Bowser Jr. (Super Mario Bros)   Bowser Jr. (Super Mario Bros) EmptyTue Nov 03, 2015 12:27 pm

TrinitroMan wrote:
My head canon is that after an intense battle against the Mario Brothers, Bowser Jr. got paralyzed from the waist down due to Mario breaking Bowser Jr.'s spine, and now that poor kid needs to stay in his Clown Car in order to move around at all.
Really shows that Mario is the real villian.

That's for stealing the princess you little brat! Twisted Evil

Eh, I think Junior's Clown Car is fine, really.
Back to top Go down
MarioStrikerMurphy1994
Level 5 CPU
MarioStrikerMurphy1994

PostSubject: Re: Bowser Jr. (Super Mario Bros)   Bowser Jr. (Super Mario Bros) EmptyTue Nov 03, 2015 4:41 pm

Lego Shaq wrote:
Dustination wrote:
I know, I love the clown car, I just don't want to see Jr OUT of his Clown Car be something that falls into obscurity. In Ultra Smash, he's playable..in his clown car.

I'll still be using Jr if he makes it in in the Clown Car though. Both moveset ideas are good.

Now I'm thinking it very well, buddy, if he fights here like in SSB4, he can be even a good match for Porky Minch XD.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bowser Jr. (Super Mario Bros)   Bowser Jr. (Super Mario Bros) Empty

Back to top Go down

Bowser Jr. (Super Mario Bros)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1