HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What happened to Goku's sprite?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
noobs45
Level 1 CPU

N/A

What happened to Goku's sprite? Empty
PostSubject: What happened to Goku's sprite?   What happened to Goku's sprite? EmptyFri May 29, 2015 9:12 am

What happened to Goku's sprite when 0.9 was released? I remember in0.84 and the 0.9 beta his sprite looked much better than it does now, body matched with proportions of the rest of himself, just looked better. Why did they do this? Any thoughts anyone? The final release of the latest version seems like he's thin and weak looking, more so anyway than the way he looked before. Thanks

vs the older better one

Back to top Go down
Mp3 Toaster

Mp3 Toaster

Lucario
  Mp3_Toaster

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Goku's sprite?   What happened to Goku's sprite? EmptyFri May 29, 2015 10:02 am

The older sprites were really big sprites that were scaled down significantly in-game. Making him look extremely out of place when compared to every other fighter there is. The Street Fighters and Mega Man also had the same issues too. Whether if the older sprites themselves looked better doesn't matter either. Since they were still too big overall. So we have no intentions of using the older Goku sprites.
Back to top Go down
noobs45
Level 1 CPU

N/A

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Goku's sprite?   What happened to Goku's sprite? EmptyFri May 29, 2015 10:30 am

Mp3 Toaster wrote:
The older sprites were really big sprites that were scaled down significantly in-game. Making him look extremely out of place when compared to every other fighter there is. The Street Fighters and Mega Man also had the same issues too. Whether if the older sprites themselves looked better doesn't matter either. Since they were still too big overall. So we have no intentions of using the older Goku sprites.

Couldn't they be scaled down though? The older sprites be scaled down to fit, or some adjustments a little bit? I still think the older one looks better, and if it could be scaled down I think would be a good idea in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
HypeConduit
Level 6 CPU
HypeConduit

Klonoa
  XMister_RatburnX

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Goku's sprite?   What happened to Goku's sprite? EmptyFri May 29, 2015 11:53 am

This is the same problem with MUGEN. Consistency makes for a much better game than dips and rockets in quality. I'm not saying anything in particular of the quality of Goku's sprites, but they were way out of place. Sorry duder.
Back to top Go down
Crimson Heights
Level 4 CPU

Hyperbeam Canon

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Goku's sprite?   What happened to Goku's sprite? EmptyFri May 29, 2015 3:25 pm

I like the new sprites. They match with everybody else. If his head is bigger than it should be, like the Capt., then I'm all for the team to fix that.
Back to top Go down
Shiruza
Level 5 CPU
Shiruza

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Goku's sprite?   What happened to Goku's sprite? EmptyTue Jun 02, 2015 2:15 pm

I agree, you're probably alone in this one. The sprites are based on an existing game anyways (JUS), which was the same used in (SSF2), so it only seems appropriate that they be the standard.

I really like the new animations, by the way. The only issue that I really see is a lack of anything to do with Super Saiyan.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Goku's sprite?   What happened to Goku's sprite? Empty

Back to top Go down

What happened to Goku's sprite?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1