HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

CPU with customization

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
AWACS
Level 1 CPU
AWACS

CPU with customization Empty
PostSubject: CPU with customization   CPU with customization EmptyMon Apr 06, 2015 7:46 pm

I'm fairly new to these forums, so I don't know if this has been brought up already.

The level 10 CPUs are fun to fight for a little while but they make a TON of mistakes and are easy to punish, is there a possible option of being able to sort of 'program' our own AI, and make them more difficult? I was thinking of an idea to create AI 'behaviors' and allow the user to pick whether they would be super aggressive, defensive, or balanced with their own little twists. I felt as though the current AI is a bit too passive at the moment, and they don't punish me when they have the chance to do so. Also, I feel as if the option to increase the overall skill needs to be increased a bit further, allowing the player to create a perfect enemy.
Back to top Go down
Falcon8r

Falcon8r

CPU with customization Empty
PostSubject: Re: CPU with customization   CPU with customization EmptyTue Apr 07, 2015 9:30 am

AWACS wrote:
I'm fairly new to these forums, so I don't know if this has been brought up already.

The level 10 CPUs are fun to fight for a little while but they make a TON of mistakes and are easy to punish, is there a possible option of being able to sort of 'program' our own AI, and make them more difficult? I was thinking of an idea to create AI 'behaviors' and allow the user to pick whether they would be super aggressive, defensive, or balanced with their own little twists. I felt as though the current AI is a bit too passive at the moment, and they don't punish me when they have the chance to do so. Also, I feel as if the option to increase the overall skill needs to be increased a bit further, allowing the player to create a perfect enemy.
There's a lot of work being done on the CPU's AI at the moment in order to make them more consistent and more challenging to fight against. We've acknowledged the AI is pretty bad at punishing from time to time and are specifically working on that. As far as customization, it's a great idea but sounds like it would bring a ton of complexity along with it - how do you edit these behaviors? How granular do we want to get with the customizations - everything from combos to punishes to recovery options?

We are primarily going to focus on improving the current AI, but after that we might look into ways to make it even more interesting.
Back to top Go down

CPU with customization
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1