APEX 2015 and More!

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Perfect Hell

Perfect Hell

APEX 2015 and More! - Page 2 Empty
PostAPEX 2015 and More!

Today, we have a series of special announcements for the community!

APEX 2015 and More! - Page 2 IpTBUF0Zmf2OC

APEX 2015, the international tournament phenomenon, is coming up this January 30th - February 1st!  Crusade has attended this event for the past two years, and we are proud to announce our third consecutive year coming up!  We've been hard at work improving upon the Crusade formula in a variety of ways!

Unfortunately, APEX has asked us not to stream this year with Nintendo sponsoring the event.  However, we will be recording all weekend, and we will use the footage to create highlight videos and work on a trailer!  Players attending APEX 2015 will get a special opportunity to play the next version of Crusade before it officially releases to the public but, what is this new version?  Today, we unveil Crusade v0.9.1!

Content Expansion

Old fan favorite, Classic mode, stadium modes, such as Multi-Man Crusade, and more await!

APEX 2015 and More! - Page 2 Nc6LUtY
Classic is back!

APEX 2015 and More! - Page 2 WGIsdlj
Luigi on his way to the finish!

Many improvements to the Gameplay

• Improved, more dynamic camera

• Smaller stages that present an environment for more fast-paced bouts

• Upgraded physics

• Balance improvements and adjustments of KO power

• Refined collision detection

• Revamped interactions between items

• ...and more!

Visual Overhaul

A variety of effects have received overhauls, including, but not limited to hit sparks, shields, ledge grabbing, smoke trails.  Certain characters have been smoothed out as well!

APEX 2015 and More! - Page 2 GVRAi3i
New hit effects!

APEX 2015 and More! - Page 2 9aWhd8h
New shield damage effects!

A.I. Improvements

These guys will really put up a fight now!

---------------------------------------------------------------

We look forward to meeting fans both old and new while we're there!

In the past, members of the Crusade team have spent quite a large sum of money attending the event for the community. This money has been spent out of pocket in addition to the countless hours spent making this game out of nothing more than a love for the community and game. As the prices to attend APEX rise year by year, it becomes increasingly difficult for us to bring the game we love to this important event. This year, it has become too much for some to handle, and as such we would like to start a crowd-sourcing fundraiser. Crusade is and always will be free to play, this fundraiser is optional!

If you would like to help us lighten the burden of traveling to APEX, please donate here:

http://www.gofundme.com/CrusadeApex2015

If even 10% of our fanbase donates a single dollar, we will be able to cover our expenses entirely! If you choose to donate, here is what your money will be going towards (3 Developers):
- Travel costs: $250
- Hotel costs: $130
- Booth Fee: $130
- Meals: $140

More information on 0.9.1 will be released over the coming weeks, so stay tuned!

---------------------------------------------------------------

Interested in joining the Crusade team?

We've got a new application!

APEX 2015 and More! - Page 2 Ezimba13096635962700

Members of the Crusade team gain access to the content rosters, as well as the right to participate in discussions to change them!  Team members are expected to work somewhat consistently, though we understand if real-life obligations get in the way at times.  Crusade team members are also required to work only on confirmed roster content.  Join today and help this game move forwards!  Gain experience in game development and become a valued member of the team!

Apply here!

Donate here!
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

APEX 2015 and More! :: Comments

MarioSonicBoss A.
Re: APEX 2015 and More!
Post Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:11 pm by MarioSonicBoss A.
Doqtor Kirby wrote:
#poor

Same here why u do this mexico Razz
Perfect Hell
Post Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:26 pm by Perfect Hell
No worries, we're still going to Apex. I'm just personally going to owe a lot of money to close friends and immediate family. Leaving the donation page up though since i could still greatly use and appreciate the help.
Slissith
Post Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:53 am by Slissith
Perfect Hell wrote:
No worries, we're still going to Apex.  I'm just personally going to owe a lot of money to close friends and immediate family.  Leaving the donation page up though since i could still greatly use and appreciate the help.

Hopefully we can help you pay all those people back, Hell.

Smile
AEM
Post Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:20 pm by AEM
Not much, not little either.
I'm trying to save up for a N3DS, but I can't not help out in someway.

I hope you don't run into any issues with paying back your friends and family Perfect Hell. You've done a really nice thing getting Crusade in Apex for the past three years.
Post Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:44 pm by Crimson Heights
Someone just donated 200 USD! Good man/woman!!
Perfect Hell
Post Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:25 pm by Perfect Hell
I'm on my way to Apex! We've got some awesome stuff to show you guys after the weekend

I really appreciate these donations everyone. I'll be leaving the page up for another week or so depending on activity, we can still use more help so please consider adding your own contribution if you haven't!
Johnny64
Post Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:30 pm by Johnny64
Crimson Heights wrote:
Someone just donated 200 USD! Good man/woman!!

That person shall gain my entire respect, for doing what I myself can't do, and doing it greatly Smile

Unknown person, you have my eternal respect
TaXMaN
Post Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:14 am by TaXMaN
Unknown person also has my eternal respect! Smile

Hope everything goes well at APEX PH! Smile
Falcon8r
Post Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:30 am by Falcon8r
Good luck at APEX today guys! Very Happy
Post Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:20 am by DoesThisLookUnsure (TSP)
OH YEAH!

I logged in just because of this news.
0.9.1 HYPE!
Post Sat Jan 31, 2015 4:58 pm by Crimson Heights
Super Hype!! Post the Apex videos asap so I can watch them before opening up Crusade!
Hellzy
Post Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:48 am by Hellzy
No offense but APEX is over, release it already !!!
TaXMaN
Post Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:02 am by TaXMaN
@hellzyboy: Since when does "shortly" means the day after APEX? They still need to make a trailer with their footage from APEX.
Post Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:33 am by Dustination
Yeah reminder that nobody ever said the demo would be released right after APEX.
Post Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:41 am by Crimson Heights
I know how long it takes to make fancy video trailers. I'm a perfectionist, so I take forever. I just hope that's the first thing on Perfect Hell's mind as soon as he gets home and by Thursday we'll get a trailer, with the release by Friday.
Nights Owl
Post Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:06 am by Nights Owl
Just donated... I hope it helps guys. I love you all. <3 ; u;

Also, I'd be lying if I said Gigas art didn't make me want to donate more. Speaking of which, it's a bit unclear what to do to talk with him about it. Do I PM him here or DA? Or what? @_@
Post Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:17 am by Crimson Heights
I think Giga will contact you through the E-mail you used to donate with to make sure they're contacting the right person that donated.

About the footage. I wanna watch it now. Tell PH to post the raw material on YT when he can. Today Smile
Slissith
Post Mon Feb 02, 2015 1:08 pm by Slissith
Crimson Heights wrote:
I think Giga will contact you through the E-mail you used to donate with to make sure they're contacting the right person that donated.

About the footage. I wanna watch it now. Tell PH to post the raw material on YT when he can. NOW Smile

Fixed.
HypeConduit
Post Mon Feb 02, 2015 1:35 pm by HypeConduit
Hmm~ I love you I'd love to see what's going on with the next game. Happily waiting for the trailer!
Perfect Hell
Post Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:40 pm by Perfect Hell
It will take a few days to get footage up guys. I'll be posting the tournament matches as they are, all other footage will likely be kept off the youtube and drawn from to make highlights. It would be kind of absurd and definitely boring to upload/watch 2 days worth of footage at like 12 hours each.

Nights Owl you will get an email shortly about the art, thanks for your help!

Unfortunately because of the day 1 fiasco where Apex was shut down and moved, travel costs increased for all of us. Im not changing the fundme goal though, it just feels even more urgent now to raise funds, not just for me but mercury as well. Please help out if you are able!

And no the demo is not coming out on Friday. We have a lot to do especially with the feedback and bug reports garnered at Apex. We will continue to work on the next demo to make it a great experience for all of you, so please be patient while we work.

Apex feedback was extremely positive in general. People loved the new gameplay feel, we ran into minimal issues both software and hardware, we were able to have 2 HD 60 fps setups going the whole time, and the singles tournament on saturday got 18 signups and ran extremely well! This new demo is a blast to play and we're sure you'll all enjoy it just as much as the Apex players did!
Post Tue Feb 03, 2015 1:11 am by Dry
Sorry PH. Having promised to double my donation last time, I can't keep my promise any more, because I recently blew a hundred pounds on an injured homeless guy who for some reason couldn't get NHS service, and can't afford to give what I did last time. I hope more people can be encouraged to donate.
Post Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:30 am by Dustination
Dry wrote:
Sorry PH. Having promised to double my donation last time, I can't keep my promise any more, because I recently blew a hundred pounds on an injured homeless guy who for some reason couldn't get NHS service, and can't afford to give what I did last time. I hope more people can be encouraged to donate.

Dry, you donated more than enough. We are extremely gracious, thank you so much.
Perfect Hell
Post Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:49 am by Perfect Hell
As i said to you before, you have nothing to worry about, you already donated more than i could ever ask one person, and you did it without being asked. You have no obligations to donate any more than you want to and/or can afford.
Post Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:06 pm by Crimson Heights
I wanna watch some fighting.

Smash King
Post Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:13 pm by Smash King

For those of you who are awaiting replies from the development team about your Crusade application. No worries, we are currently reviewing every application and taking a look through all of them. You will get a reply very soon.
Moats
Post Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:49 pm by Moats
Perfect Hell wrote:
It will take a few days to get footage up guys.  I'll be posting the tournament matches as they are, all other footage will likely be kept off the youtube and drawn from to make highlights.  It would be kind of absurd and definitely boring to upload/watch 2 days worth of footage at like 12 hours each.
Boring to upload? From experience, definitely.

Boring to watch? Not so much.

Highlight videos miss some things. I watched ALL the old APEX Crusade videos on Twitch from beginning to end. I enjoyed viewing every detail even when people weren't playing. The anticipation of people choosing their characters and seeing who's gonna win put a smile on my face. I want to see ALL the fights.
Traweezie
Post Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:39 am by Traweezie
Perfect Hell wrote:
It will take a few days to get footage up guys.  I'll be posting the tournament matches as they are, all other footage will likely be kept off the youtube and drawn from to make highlights.  It would be kind of absurd and definitely boring to upload/watch 2 days worth of footage at like 12 hours each.

Dude I'm more than sure that there will be people watching that 12 hour footage if you broke it up into parts. I would like to see how others play the game
Post Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:16 am by Crimson Heights
Did any well known players from the Smash community try out the game? I wanna see some competitive play.

Btw, not enough Crusade on Youtube, that's the truth. Traw, you need to record more playing as Geno. I wanna see some Geno play and I can learn to do something with him.
Slissith
Post Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:47 am by Slissith
I wanna see the tournament!
Nights Owl
Post Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:30 pm by Nights Owl
I'd love to see all the footage instead of a short highlight reel. Maybe cut out idle moments where you just sit at the CSS, but other than that. I'd love to see all of it. Especially if any Big Names tried it out.
Post  by Sponsored content

APEX 2015 and More!

Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next