Project Crusade Community

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

King Dedede (Kirby) Discussion

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Spoon300
Level 4 CPU

King Dedede (Kirby) Discussion Empty
PostSubject: King Dedede (Kirby) Discussion   King Dedede (Kirby) Discussion EmptyWed Nov 19, 2014 4:00 am

It's veteran day! Where I request whatever Vets I can name off the top of my Head! And guess who's the first one that comes to mind for a fan of a recently-ended family-friendly nintendo-based webcomic?

King Dedede

A veteran Smasher from Brawl Onward, King Dedede deserves to be in Crusade because of his importance to the Kirby Franchise. The first game featured a simplistic plot which all began with, as Matt Taranto put it in his one final song for BitF, a blob and a penguin's intense rivalry!

Moveset-Wise, He'd play like he did in SSB4, with minor balancing changes.

Discuss what Ideas you have for the Self-Proclaimed King of Dreamland in the comments below.
Back to top Go down
John25
Level 1 CPU

PostSubject: Re: King Dedede (Kirby) Discussion   King Dedede (Kirby) Discussion EmptyWed Nov 19, 2014 4:07 am

His Final Smash could be Masked Dedede
Back to top Go down
HypeConduit
Level 6 CPU
HypeConduit

Klonoa
  XMister_RatburnX

PostSubject: Re: King Dedede (Kirby) Discussion   King Dedede (Kirby) Discussion EmptyWed Nov 19, 2014 4:54 am

I'd guess that the devs already have a plan for him, or at least know if he's making the cut, but I am the one who made the Zelda/Sheik thread.
Back to top Go down
John25
Level 1 CPU

PostSubject: Re: King Dedede (Kirby) Discussion   King Dedede (Kirby) Discussion EmptyWed Nov 19, 2014 5:30 am

The only special move i really want to see changed is his Side Special. He could ride Wheelie like he did in Kirby: Air Ride.
Back to top Go down
Roy
Level 7 CPU
Roy

RoyMaster4

PostSubject: Re: King Dedede (Kirby) Discussion   King Dedede (Kirby) Discussion EmptyWed Nov 19, 2014 8:08 am

Spoon300 wrote:
And guess who's the first one that comes to mind for a fan of a recently-ended family-friendly nintendo-based webcomic?
Waluigi. Or Kirby.

But uh... I guess there really isn't much to say here, is there? Dedede is practically confirmed for the game (as much as Zelda). The only thing we'd probably change is the final smash - Masked Dedede does sound nice but not sure how well it would function. A simple alt costume with a mask would be better, if we can manage it.
Back to top Go down
Spoon300
Level 4 CPU

PostSubject: Re: King Dedede (Kirby) Discussion   King Dedede (Kirby) Discussion EmptyWed Nov 19, 2014 8:32 am

John25 wrote:
The only special move i really want to see changed is his Side Special. He could ride Wheelie like he did in Kirby: Air Ride.

That and Masked Dedede all seem like pretty swell Ideas, guys. And I don't know about you but, where have you read that Dedede is confirmed?
Back to top Go down
Dr. CanadianBacon
Level 6 CPU
Dr. CanadianBacon

Dr.CanadianBacon

PostSubject: Re: King Dedede (Kirby) Discussion   King Dedede (Kirby) Discussion EmptyWed Nov 19, 2014 9:00 am

I don't know what Sakurai was thinking with his new final smash, it makes no sense. I think some sort of reference to Masked Dedede would be a good idea though.
Back to top Go down
Dry

PostSubject: Re: King Dedede (Kirby) Discussion   King Dedede (Kirby) Discussion EmptyWed Nov 19, 2014 1:18 pm

Are you guys all fine with Gordo Throw? Personally I think Gordo Throw doesn't fit Dedede canonically, and doesn't have the comedy value of Waddle Dee Throw either. If the random chance of a Gordo is the problem, there's no reason not to just make Waddle Dees the new Gordos, with the same power and attributes and everything. I personally thought Waddle Dee Throw was a perfect move for Dedede, and the most effective Sakurai in Smash history.
Back to top Go down
Dr. CanadianBacon
Level 6 CPU
Dr. CanadianBacon

Dr.CanadianBacon

PostSubject: Re: King Dedede (Kirby) Discussion   King Dedede (Kirby) Discussion EmptyWed Nov 19, 2014 1:52 pm

Dry wrote:
Are you guys all fine with Gordo Throw? Personally I think Gordo Throw doesn't fit Dedede canonically, and doesn't have the comedy value of Waddle Dee Throw either. If the random chance of a Gordo is the problem, there's no reason not to just make Waddle Dees the new Gordos, with the same power and attributes and everything. I personally thought Waddle Dee Throw was a perfect move for Dedede, and the most effective Sakurai in Smash history.

I think Gordo Throw is fine, problem with Waddle Dee throw is the randomness really. I'd be fine with Waddle Dee throw if all Dedede threw was Waddle Dee's. That is, I'd be fine with it if it didn't decrease Bandana Waddle Dee's chances... which it could very well do. Although, that's just my thoughts. I'd say remove the Gordo's and Waddle Doo's and throw the Waddle Dees, just buff them a tad bit.
Back to top Go down
SP

cellularSP

PostSubject: Re: King Dedede (Kirby) Discussion   King Dedede (Kirby) Discussion EmptyWed Nov 19, 2014 4:44 pm

If DDD appears in this game he better have his Brawl B-Air back
Back to top Go down
John25
Level 1 CPU

PostSubject: Re: King Dedede (Kirby) Discussion   King Dedede (Kirby) Discussion EmptyThu Nov 20, 2014 10:35 am

StayPuft's idea approved!
Back to top Go down
John25
Level 1 CPU

PostSubject: Re: King Dedede (Kirby) Discussion   King Dedede (Kirby) Discussion EmptyThu Nov 20, 2014 10:40 am

Here's my Masked Dedede idea. It works like a Transformation right?. So all of his attacks may be buffed and deals electric damage. Like with Giga Bowser, he cannot be flinched. His Neutral Special has much more range and huge hitbox. His Up B has much more vertical recovery, but comes out much slower, and he gains a new Down B called Tornado Hammer, where he will use the jet within his hammer, creating a tornado effect as he spins his hammer furiously in circles around himself. The attack can rack up comboes on his opponents and last for up to three seconds straight. This attack can also be used to reflect projectiles back at his opponents. It lasts for 10 seconds.
Back to top Go down
Pigmask Colonel
Level 1 CPU
Pigmask Colonel

PostSubject: Re: King Dedede (Kirby) Discussion   King Dedede (Kirby) Discussion EmptyThu Jun 11, 2015 7:54 pm

I think that Gooey and Meta Knight being made before my SM4SH main D3 is a crime against humanity.You will pay, pay, pay! You will ALL pay!!!!1!!!!11!!!!

Really, though, this needs to be done in a few updates. Along with Diddy and Zelda.
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: King Dedede (Kirby) Discussion   King Dedede (Kirby) Discussion EmptyThu Jun 11, 2015 11:01 pm

Yes, Dedede needs to be there.
But only if his Final Smash wont be the one from Smash 4.
Back to top Go down
Mellon
Level 5 CPU
Mellon

mellon1111

PostSubject: Re: King Dedede (Kirby) Discussion   King Dedede (Kirby) Discussion EmptySat Jun 13, 2015 6:15 am

Support! I would love to see Down B get a new look to make it look more like the Hammer Flip and have him throw Waddle Dees for his Side B again, but only have 3 out at the same time. It would give him more stage control, know what I mean? Oh, and about his Final Smash...I don't want it to be a transformation like Bowser or just a powerful close-up attack like Ganondorf. How about having him turn into Masked Dedede, then throw a bunch of Waddle Dees to hurt the opponent before inhaling all of them (And maybe even some fighters?) and shooting them out again as a large star. A bit too complex, maybe.
Back to top Go down
Slissith

Slissith

( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

PostSubject: Re: King Dedede (Kirby) Discussion   King Dedede (Kirby) Discussion EmptyWed Jun 24, 2015 1:55 pm

Support
Back to top Go down
SnivyKawaii
Level 6 CPU
SnivyKawaii

Snivy

PostSubject: Re: King Dedede (Kirby) Discussion   King Dedede (Kirby) Discussion EmptyWed Jun 24, 2015 5:31 pm

Slissith wrote:
Support
Back to top Go down
http://snivykawaii.tumblr.com/
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: King Dedede (Kirby) Discussion   King Dedede (Kirby) Discussion EmptyThu Jun 25, 2015 1:16 am

Final Smash could be summoning the Mecha-Dedede from Returns to Dreamland and Mass Attack.

It could shoot lasers and bombs and stuff.

I support
Back to top Go down
Slissith

Slissith

( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

PostSubject: Re: King Dedede (Kirby) Discussion   King Dedede (Kirby) Discussion EmptyThu Jun 25, 2015 3:22 am

NOW DEDEDE HAS 6 SUPPORTS OMG!!!!111111
Back to top Go down
Moats
Level 4 CPU
Moats

PostSubject: Re: King Dedede (Kirby) Discussion   King Dedede (Kirby) Discussion EmptyThu Jun 25, 2015 3:42 am

Support
Back to top Go down
VultureDuck
Level 6 CPU
VultureDuck

PostSubject: Re: King Dedede (Kirby) Discussion   King Dedede (Kirby) Discussion EmptyThu Jun 25, 2015 9:24 am

CJ wrote:
Slissith wrote:
Support
Back to top Go down
Mikael_Fernandes
Level 3 CPU
Mikael_Fernandes

N/A

PostSubject: Re: King Dedede (Kirby) Discussion   King Dedede (Kirby) Discussion EmptyTue Aug 18, 2015 1:37 pm

Supporting! Smile
Back to top Go down
Naughty Ottsel
Level 5 CPU
Naughty Ottsel

Captain Falcon
  Vanillogic

PostSubject: Re: King Dedede (Kirby) Discussion   King Dedede (Kirby) Discussion EmptyTue Aug 18, 2015 6:50 pm

God, isn't this a trip down repressed-memory-lane, a Spoon300 post.

Nonetheless, support for Dedede
Back to top Go down
Lego Shaq

Lego Shaq

Geno

PostSubject: Re: King Dedede (Kirby) Discussion   King Dedede (Kirby) Discussion EmptyTue Aug 18, 2015 7:15 pm

Support, but he doesn't seem very likely imo. /s
Back to top Go down
desu
Level 6 CPU
desu

Yoshi
  fanyoshixD

PostSubject: Re: King Dedede (Kirby) Discussion   King Dedede (Kirby) Discussion EmptyTue Aug 18, 2015 7:35 pm

Support, he could have some of the new moves from Smash 4, but I prefer the Fair from SSBB.
Back to top Go down
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
Braystar

Waluigi
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: King Dedede (Kirby) Discussion   King Dedede (Kirby) Discussion EmptyTue Aug 18, 2015 8:33 pm

Sure, support. But keep his expressive nature from Smash 4, and his crouch. That crouch XD
Back to top Go down
Tetriser
Level 2 CPU
Tetriser

PostSubject: Re: King Dedede (Kirby) Discussion   King Dedede (Kirby) Discussion EmptySun Sep 20, 2015 5:07 am

Support 100%!
Back to top Go down
https://sonargamesmy.wordpress.com
Mikael_Fernandes
Level 3 CPU
Mikael_Fernandes

N/A

PostSubject: Re: King Dedede (Kirby) Discussion   King Dedede (Kirby) Discussion EmptySun Sep 20, 2015 9:02 am

so the dude who nominated dedede is banned.
What should we do?
Back to top Go down
Roy
Level 7 CPU
Roy

RoyMaster4

PostSubject: Re: King Dedede (Kirby) Discussion   King Dedede (Kirby) Discussion EmptySun Sep 20, 2015 9:34 am

Mikael_Fernandes wrote:
so the dude who nominated dedede is banned.
What should we do?
To be fair, does Dedede really need support? It's pretty safe to assume that Dedede will be in the game, so this topic should really be more about discussion of any potential Dedede changes.
Back to top Go down
MarioStrikerMurphy1994
Level 5 CPU
MarioStrikerMurphy1994

PostSubject: Re: King Dedede (Kirby) Discussion   King Dedede (Kirby) Discussion EmptyMon Nov 02, 2015 10:58 pm

John25 wrote:
His Final Smash could be Masked Dedede

Nice idea XD Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: King Dedede (Kirby) Discussion   King Dedede (Kirby) Discussion Empty

Back to top Go down

King Dedede (Kirby) Discussion
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1