Beat (Jet Set Radio) Discussion

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Roy
Level 7 CPU
Roy

RoyMaster4

Beat (Jet Set Radio) Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Beat (Jet Set Radio) Discussion   Beat (Jet Set Radio) Discussion EmptySun Oct 26, 2014 9:01 am

"The radio station your parents, the PTA, and the FBI don't wantcha to hear...JET SET RADIOOO!"

Beat (Jet Set Radio) Discussion BeatJSR

Beat is the protagonist of Jet Set Radio, a Sega franchise that focuses on graffiti. The goal of the game was to spray over the rival gang's graffiti to gain control of the city. That will translate into the smash setting through his neutral special attack. He's moderately fast on the ground due to his rollerskates, but not as strong until he gets his tags going.

I'm not going to go through a full moveset here, just his specials to show how he can be unique.

Neutral Special: Tag
Beat bends down to spray the ground, producing a tag. If done near a wall, he'll instead spray the wall. Opponents can attack a tag a few times to get rid of it. Every tag present on the field increases the damage and knockback of all of his attacks, so it is beneficial to keep opponents away from any tags set up. In the case of mirror matches, each Beat will have a different color tag, and placing a tag over another one will remove the old one.

Side Special: Boost
Beat will charge forward, ramming into any players along the way. Pressing the special button while in the middle of a Boost will allow Beat to spray a smaller tag along the way - smaller tags are less powerful than full tags, but are easily removed.

Up Special: Grind Rail
A brief moment allows you to control where the grind rail will be placed, similar to Pac-Man's side special. After that moment, Beat will grind up the rail, rapidly hitting anyone caught in it. He won't go into freefall after the grind.

Down Special: Jet Set Radio
Beat will place a radio that has Professor K talking and playing some tunes. Staying near the radio will slowly heal anyone nearby, with an increased rate for each tag present on the field.

The main purpose of Beat was to bring in another Sega character (one from the Dreamcast era at that), but Beat can turn out to be a unique character in his own right.

Supporters: 12
Roy
DimpsyVs
HypeConduit
Slissith
Johnny64
TrinitroMan
Forest Bug Productions
Chaotic Chao
HamburgerMan
Pakeli
FVNSPARTAN550
Kzinssie

Last edited by Roy on Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:19 am; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
DimpsyVS
Level 2 CPU
DimpsyVS

PostSubject: Re: Beat (Jet Set Radio) Discussion   Beat (Jet Set Radio) Discussion EmptySun Oct 26, 2014 10:26 am

This actually sounds really interesting, and it'd be really cool if Beat was playable. Supporting this!
Back to top Go down
HypeConduit
Level 6 CPU
HypeConduit

Klonoa
  XMister_RatburnX

PostSubject: Re: Beat (Jet Set Radio) Discussion   Beat (Jet Set Radio) Discussion EmptySun Oct 26, 2014 10:36 am

I love it, love it, love it. I support Beat all the way, probably the best idea for another Sega rep so far. Good stuff, Roy.
Back to top Go down
Roy
Level 7 CPU
Roy

RoyMaster4

PostSubject: Re: Beat (Jet Set Radio) Discussion   Beat (Jet Set Radio) Discussion EmptySun Oct 26, 2014 11:20 am

HypeConduit wrote:
I love it, love it, love it. I support Beat all the way, probably the best idea for another Sega rep so far. Good stuff, Roy.
Thanks.

I was trying to think of a good Sega rep... the problem is, so many of them are generic. Ryo, anyone from Virtua Fighter, B. D. Joe, Vectorman, Gillius... just not much to work with. NiGHTS isn't really doable since her main gimmick involves flying. Amigo is just a rhythm game (which might work but would be kind of awkward). Ulala is in the same boat as Amigo. Alex Kidd is an icon, but the only unique thing he can possibly possess is the rock-paper-scissors, but how does that translate into smash? Mobo/Robo are basically Ice Climbers. Beat seemed like the most unique choice.

I might look into Aiai or Vyse later... Monkey Ball has had some fighting minigames before, and Vyse is a dual-sword fighter which could be fairly unique for Smash.
Back to top Go down
Alucard
Level 3 CPU
Alucard

PostSubject: Re: Beat (Jet Set Radio) Discussion   Beat (Jet Set Radio) Discussion EmptySun Oct 26, 2014 7:21 pm

A good and in my opion an very awesom sega rep could be Altered Beast or the dwarf from Golden Axe Smile
Back to top Go down
Slissith

Slissith

( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

PostSubject: Re: Beat (Jet Set Radio) Discussion   Beat (Jet Set Radio) Discussion EmptySun Oct 26, 2014 9:25 pm

support!
Back to top Go down
Johnny64

Johnny64

Snake

PostSubject: Re: Beat (Jet Set Radio) Discussion   Beat (Jet Set Radio) Discussion EmptyTue Oct 28, 2014 12:14 am

HypeConduit wrote:

You took the words out of my tongue, I SUPPORT Beat
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Beat (Jet Set Radio) Discussion   Beat (Jet Set Radio) Discussion EmptyTue Aug 25, 2015 6:02 am

I'll bump up this thread to voice my support as well.
Back to top Go down
Forest Bug Productions
Level 3 CPU
Forest Bug Productions

PostSubject: Re: Beat (Jet Set Radio) Discussion   Beat (Jet Set Radio) Discussion EmptyTue Aug 25, 2015 6:36 am

DEFINITELY SUPPORTING because this just beats most threads
Back to top Go down
TrinitroMan
Level 7 CPU
TrinitroMan

PostSubject: Re: Beat (Jet Set Radio) Discussion   Beat (Jet Set Radio) Discussion EmptyTue Aug 25, 2015 6:46 am

I c wat u did dere!
Back to top Go down
Roy
Level 7 CPU
Roy

RoyMaster4

PostSubject: Re: Beat (Jet Set Radio) Discussion   Beat (Jet Set Radio) Discussion EmptyTue Aug 25, 2015 6:50 am

I'm surprised this has as much support as it does, considering I put in less effort than most of my other topics... I only did the specials here. Huh.
Back to top Go down
Chaotic Chao
Level 4 CPU
Chaotic Chao

Phoenix Wright
  ChaotixChao

PostSubject: Re: Beat (Jet Set Radio) Discussion   Beat (Jet Set Radio) Discussion EmptyTue Aug 25, 2015 6:56 am

Support, so much funky support
Spin the beat Professor K
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Beat (Jet Set Radio) Discussion   Beat (Jet Set Radio) Discussion EmptyTue Aug 25, 2015 8:56 am

Yeah but if Amy and Robonik do get a spot and we already have Ristar so i dont think Beat will get a spot anyways i still support Beat
Back to top Go down
Azure_Raven
Level 4 CPU

Mr. Game & Watch

PostSubject: Re: Beat (Jet Set Radio) Discussion   Beat (Jet Set Radio) Discussion EmptyTue Aug 25, 2015 9:42 am

Support.
Back to top Go down
FVNSPARTAN550
Level 2 CPU
FVNSPARTAN550

Ganondorf
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Beat (Jet Set Radio) Discussion   Beat (Jet Set Radio) Discussion EmptyTue Aug 25, 2015 9:44 am

Absolute support, Beat is one of my favourite characters of all time. Now, I'd like to help out with some neutral attacks.
Jab: A 3-hit jab in which he kicks three times, the first kick has an upwards angle, the second downwards and the third is a sparta-like kick.
Fsmash: A fast and powerful roundhouse kick.
Usmash: Beat does a reverse hop and stands on both hands, then he kicks upwards. Slow but very powerful. The hop has a hitbox with fixed knockback on his legs so the smash can hit easily.
Dsmash: He does a short hop, spreading his legs while mid-air. A bit slow but with good range and knockback.
Back to top Go down
Roy
Level 7 CPU
Roy

RoyMaster4

PostSubject: Re: Beat (Jet Set Radio) Discussion   Beat (Jet Set Radio) Discussion EmptyTue Aug 25, 2015 9:52 am

FVNSPARTAN550 wrote:
Absolute support, Beat is one of my favourite characters of all time. Now, I'd like to help out with some neutral attacks.
I figured most of his moves would involve generic-ish kicks, maybe with multiple hits due to the skates on some moves. I've only played a few minutes of it, though, so I don't know anything specific.
Back to top Go down
FVNSPARTAN550
Level 2 CPU
FVNSPARTAN550

Ganondorf
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: Beat (Jet Set Radio) Discussion   Beat (Jet Set Radio) Discussion EmptyTue Aug 25, 2015 9:58 am

You may also involve some break dance moves, since the GGs (or at least the 95% of them, I'm not sure about a couple characters) loves dancing.
Back to top Go down
Kzinssie
Level 5 CPU
Kzinssie

Shadow
  slothfulunchmeat

PostSubject: Re: Beat (Jet Set Radio) Discussion   Beat (Jet Set Radio) Discussion EmptyFri Feb 19, 2016 11:17 pm

Never thought Beat could work in Smash, but you kinda nailed it. Put me down as a supporter.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Beat (Jet Set Radio) Discussion   Beat (Jet Set Radio) Discussion Empty

Back to top Go down

Beat (Jet Set Radio) Discussion
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1