HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Stanley (Donkey Kong) Discussion

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Alucard
Level 3 CPU
Alucard

Stanley (Donkey Kong) Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Stanley (Donkey Kong) Discussion   Stanley (Donkey Kong) Discussion EmptyTue Oct 07, 2014 6:35 pm

This is a never returning character and had his only appearance in donkey kong 3.
he might could return in smash bros crusade. He is classic and rare.
His moves could be combined with the level hazards from the main game donkey kong 3 like wasps, bees, beehives and also
his iconic bugspray or maybe throwable coconuts ( an attack from donkey kong ).
His universe is for sure the donkey kong universe.
Stanley (Donkey Kong) Discussion Stanley
Back to top Go down
Crimson Heights
Level 4 CPU

Hyperbeam Canon

PostSubject: Re: Stanley (Donkey Kong) Discussion   Stanley (Donkey Kong) Discussion EmptyTue Oct 07, 2014 8:08 pm

He would sure make a nice trophy. Also that sprayer, is it the same kind that Mr. Game & Watch uses?
Back to top Go down
Alucard
Level 3 CPU
Alucard

PostSubject: Re: Stanley (Donkey Kong) Discussion   Stanley (Donkey Kong) Discussion EmptyThu Oct 09, 2014 7:01 am

Maybe its the same bugspray like the one from donkey kong 3, because there was a game and watch
game named greenhouse which had similarities with donkey kong 3, but it was never confirmed.
Back to top Go down
SP

cellularSP

PostSubject: Re: Stanley (Donkey Kong) Discussion   Stanley (Donkey Kong) Discussion EmptyThu Oct 09, 2014 7:03 am

Alucard wrote:
Maybe its the same bugspray like the one from donkey kong 3, because there was a game and watch
game named greenhouse which had similarities with donkey kong 3, but it was never confirmed.

Game and Watch references Stanley with his Neutral A attack; its the bug-spray.

As for Stanley, what's so special about him other than the fact that he's retro? If DK were to get another rep, why not someone a bit more recognizable like K. Rool or Dixie? Heck, even Cranky?
Back to top Go down
Alucard
Level 3 CPU
Alucard

PostSubject: Re: Stanley (Donkey Kong) Discussion   Stanley (Donkey Kong) Discussion EmptyThu Oct 09, 2014 8:27 am

maybe because this could be his revival Very Happy he is only presented in donkey kong 3 and never again.
but i also agree with other dk characters like dixie/cranky and i even posted the idea with king k.rool Smile
Back to top Go down
SP

cellularSP

PostSubject: Re: Stanley (Donkey Kong) Discussion   Stanley (Donkey Kong) Discussion EmptyThu Oct 09, 2014 6:28 pm

Why should this be his revival? What's so special about him other than the fact he's retro and had a trophy in Smash Bros. Melee?
Back to top Go down
Smash King
Smash King
Smash King

EJ88201

PostSubject: Re: Stanley (Donkey Kong) Discussion   Stanley (Donkey Kong) Discussion EmptyFri Oct 10, 2014 9:26 am

Im quite skeptical about this character myself
Back to top Go down
C_Mill24
Level 9 CPU
C_Mill24

C-Mill24

PostSubject: Re: Stanley (Donkey Kong) Discussion   Stanley (Donkey Kong) Discussion EmptyFri Oct 10, 2014 10:55 am

Stanley had only one appearence in Donkey Kong 3 and it honestly wasn't really all that major. Not to mention there isn't a whole lot Stanley does aside from spraying. So I say no.
Back to top Go down
Mp3 Toaster

Mp3 Toaster

Lucario
  Mp3_Toaster

PostSubject: Re: Stanley (Donkey Kong) Discussion   Stanley (Donkey Kong) Discussion EmptyFri Oct 10, 2014 3:49 pm

Personally, I am not really a fan of just adding random retro's for the sake of adding retro's. I mean, for some reason being old and useless for many years makes them cooler for many people. The current retro's we have now at least has some merits. While Stanley has nothing in comparison. Only being known as someone who replaced Mario in the series he originated from. And I can imagine not many were fond of that. So in the end. There is no interest in him for me.
Back to top Go down
Johnny64

Johnny64

Snake

PostSubject: Re: Stanley (Donkey Kong) Discussion   Stanley (Donkey Kong) Discussion EmptyFri Oct 10, 2014 9:04 pm

I'll have to vote no, just because he's retro doesn't mean he's better than, say... Excite Biker or Dig Dug
Back to top Go down
Dr. CanadianBacon
Level 6 CPU
Dr. CanadianBacon

Dr.CanadianBacon

PostSubject: Re: Stanley (Donkey Kong) Discussion   Stanley (Donkey Kong) Discussion EmptySat Oct 11, 2014 7:46 am

I'll vote no as well, he's just not important. At all.
Back to top Go down
Ninten DS™
Level 1 CPU
Ninten DS™

Porky

PostSubject: Re: Stanley (Donkey Kong) Discussion   Stanley (Donkey Kong) Discussion EmptyThu Sep 27, 2018 1:28 pm

Stanley would be a great retro rep in my opinion for Smash Bros., but not for Crusade. I don't think Crusade will ever have interest on including yet more retro characters with poor moveset potential before other characters like veterans. He would bring an interesting moveset revolving mostly around the bug spray but I have to say no to Stanley in Crusade, perhaps Stanley could make it into the actual Smash Bros. some day. Sorry Stanley: not this time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stanley (Donkey Kong) Discussion   Stanley (Donkey Kong) Discussion Empty

Back to top Go down

Stanley (Donkey Kong) Discussion
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1