King K. Rool (Donkey Kong Country) Discussion

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Alucard
Level 3 CPU
Alucard

King K. Rool (Donkey Kong Country) Discussion Empty
PostSubject: King K. Rool (Donkey Kong Country) Discussion   King K. Rool (Donkey Kong Country) Discussion EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 1:51 pm

How about King K. Rool ?
The Dk series have only 2 characters, it would be nice if there would be some more.
He could be a heavy weight character like koopa or king dedede, because there are too less heavy weight characters.
King K. Rool (Donkey Kong Country) Discussion KingKRoolDKJC
King K. Rool (Donkey Kong Country) Discussion 166
Back to top Go down
Dustination

Mach Rider
  Dustination

PostSubject: Re: King K. Rool (Donkey Kong Country) Discussion   King K. Rool (Donkey Kong Country) Discussion EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 3:24 pm

Back to top Go down
https://projectcrusade.forumotion.com/
Alucard
Level 3 CPU
Alucard

PostSubject: Re: King K. Rool (Donkey Kong Country) Discussion   King K. Rool (Donkey Kong Country) Discussion EmptyFri Oct 17, 2014 7:02 pm

Some details about this character.

Playstyle: King K. Rool is an heavyweight character like bowser or kind dedede. His tale and bite attacks should be faster than his punch attacks. But he is more effective when he fights at the distance.

Jumping: Normal double jumps like any other character.

Jab/Combo: King K. Rool makes punches with his fist and then with his tail. If he makes punches with his fists he wears boxing gloves like in the boss fight from Donkey Kong 64.
Forward Tilt: King K. Rool attacks with his belly.
Down Tilt: King K. Rool spins himself 360° and attacks nearby enemys with his tail.
Up Tilt: King K. Rool makes an uppercut.

Forward Smash: King K. Rool use a remote controll which shoots a laser and shocks his enemys, similar to the one in Donkey Kong Country 3.
Down Smash: King K. Rool charges his belly and make a belly bash on the ground.
Up Smash: King K. Rool charges his head and attacks with the spikes on his crown.

Neutral Air: King K. Rool makes a headbutt.
Forward Air: King K. Rool bites forward.
Backward: King K. Rool slashes with his tail.
Down Air: King K. Rool lands with his butt on his enemys. The landing causing a shockwave like in the boss fight of Donkey Kong 64.
Up Air: King K. Rool bites in the air, like a real crocodile.

Grab: King K. Rool absorbs his enemys in to his blunderbuss.
Forward Throw: King. K. Rool shoots his enemy out of the blunderbuss.
Backward Throw: Same only the following direction.
Down Throw: Same only the following direction.
Up Throw: Same only the following direction.

Neutral Special: King K. Rool charges his blunderbuss and shoots a cannonball ( similar to the neutral special from samus only if he charges too long the blunderbuss will explode and damage him himself ). From the Donkey Kong Country 2 boss fight.
Side Special: King K. Rool throws his crown. The crown will return to him like the bumerang from Link. ( Donkey Kong Country boss fight )
Down Special: King K. Rool releases a Klaptrap on the ground which runs in the direction where he looks and bites his enemys. Klaptraps are common enemys in the Donkey Kong series and a claptrap is also King K. Rools pet in Donkey Kong 64.
Up Special: King K. Rool uses his helicopterbackpack like in the Donkey Kong Country 3 boss fight.

Shield: King K. Rool hides himself in a barrel.

Final Smash: King K. Rool summons and commands some Kremlings to attack his foes.
Final Smash: Ships will be appearing in the background of the stage and shoot cannonballs at his foes.

Taunt: King K. Rool holds a shiny crystal coconut in the air.
Back to top Go down
Alucard
Level 3 CPU
Alucard

PostSubject: Re: King K. Rool (Donkey Kong Country) Discussion   King K. Rool (Donkey Kong Country) Discussion EmptySat Oct 18, 2014 5:24 am

How about this moveset ?
Back to top Go down
Naughty Ottsel
Level 5 CPU
Naughty Ottsel

Captain Falcon
  Vanillogic

PostSubject: Re: King K. Rool (Donkey Kong Country) Discussion   King K. Rool (Donkey Kong Country) Discussion EmptySat Oct 18, 2014 1:46 pm

I agree that K. Rool would be a great character for Smash. He's unique enough to not be a clone, he hasn't seen much love in the official Smash games, and this moveset really does him justice.
Back to top Go down
CyberFox
Level 2 CPU

PostSubject: Re: King K. Rool (Donkey Kong Country) Discussion   King K. Rool (Donkey Kong Country) Discussion EmptySat Oct 18, 2014 1:52 pm

Naughty Ottsel wrote:
I agree that K. Rool would be a great character for Smash. He's unique enough to not be a clone, he hasn't seen much love in the official Smash games, and this moveset really does him justice.

The reason "he hasn't seen much love in the official Smash games" is due to Nintendo doesn't have the rights to him
Back to top Go down
Dustination

Mach Rider
  Dustination

PostSubject: Re: King K. Rool (Donkey Kong Country) Discussion   King K. Rool (Donkey Kong Country) Discussion EmptySat Oct 18, 2014 3:28 pm

CyberFox wrote:
Naughty Ottsel wrote:

The reason "he hasn't seen much love in the official Smash games" is due to Nintendo doesn't have the rights to him

I don't know where you got this idea but he has been in multiple games by Nintendo since Rare was bought out by Microsoft.

-DK: King of Swing
-DK: Jungle Climber
-Donkey Kong Barrel Blast
-Mario Super Sluggers

Rareware had no affiliation with these games in the slightest. To think Nintendo doesn't own the rights at this point is inane.
Back to top Go down
Dr. CanadianBacon
Level 6 CPU
Dr. CanadianBacon

Dr.CanadianBacon

PostSubject: Re: King K. Rool (Donkey Kong Country) Discussion   King K. Rool (Donkey Kong Country) Discussion EmptySat Oct 18, 2014 4:40 pm

Dustination wrote:
CyberFox wrote:
Naughty Ottsel wrote:

I don't know where you got this idea but he has been in multiple games by Nintendo since Rare was bought out by Microsoft.

-DK: King of Swing
-DK: Jungle Climber
-Donkey Kong Barrel Blast
-Mario Super Sluggers

Rareware had no affiliation with these games in the slightest. To think Nintendo doesn't own the rights at this point is inane.

Plus he's been a trophy in both SSBB and SSB3DS

I support him, obviously. Not supporting this guy would be weird, especially for someone like me who loves heavy-weights.

Last edited by Dr. CanadianBacon on Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SP

cellularSP

PostSubject: Re: King K. Rool (Donkey Kong Country) Discussion   King K. Rool (Donkey Kong Country) Discussion EmptySat Oct 18, 2014 4:53 pm

k. rool was never an assist trophy
Back to top Go down
Johnny64

Johnny64

Snake

PostSubject: Re: King K. Rool (Donkey Kong Country) Discussion   King K. Rool (Donkey Kong Country) Discussion EmptySat Oct 18, 2014 4:55 pm

Well, i guess Donkey Kong could use more reps.
I support King K. Rool

@Doc he was just a trophy, im pretty sure
Back to top Go down
Dr. CanadianBacon
Level 6 CPU
Dr. CanadianBacon

Dr.CanadianBacon

PostSubject: Re: King K. Rool (Donkey Kong Country) Discussion   King K. Rool (Donkey Kong Country) Discussion EmptySat Oct 18, 2014 5:44 pm

StayPuft wrote:
k. rool was never an assist trophy

Sorry, I was meaning to put trophy xD I'll fix that...
Back to top Go down
Slissith

Slissith

( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

PostSubject: Re: King K. Rool (Donkey Kong Country) Discussion   King K. Rool (Donkey Kong Country) Discussion EmptySat Oct 18, 2014 9:17 pm

Support, obviously.
Back to top Go down
Pigmask Colonel
Level 1 CPU
Pigmask Colonel

PostSubject: Re: King K. Rool (Donkey Kong Country) Discussion   King K. Rool (Donkey Kong Country) Discussion EmptyThu Jun 11, 2015 11:13 pm

I wholeheartedly support this! My most-wanted SM4SH newcomer in Crusade? Fantastic! He could really make for quite the unique character. A heavyweight who heavily (heh) relies on projectiles would be very interesting and fun. Plus, DKC needs more representation both in the official Smash games, and here in Crusade (where is my Diddy, dammit?!).

Please, make this happen, guys.
Back to top Go down
Mikael_Fernandes
Level 3 CPU
Mikael_Fernandes

N/A

PostSubject: Re: King K. Rool (Donkey Kong Country) Discussion   King K. Rool (Donkey Kong Country) Discussion EmptyTue Aug 18, 2015 1:36 pm

Supporting K. Rool!
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: King K. Rool (Donkey Kong Country) Discussion   King K. Rool (Donkey Kong Country) Discussion EmptyThu Aug 27, 2015 3:13 pm

oh yeah, support yes please
Back to top Go down
desu
Level 6 CPU
desu

Yoshi
  fanyoshixD

PostSubject: Re: King K. Rool (Donkey Kong Country) Discussion   King K. Rool (Donkey Kong Country) Discussion EmptyThu Aug 27, 2015 7:06 pm

I support King K. Rool, him and Dixie Kong aren't bad ideas Wink
Back to top Go down
Braystar
Level 7 CPU
Braystar

Waluigi
  N/A

PostSubject: Re: King K. Rool (Donkey Kong Country) Discussion   King K. Rool (Donkey Kong Country) Discussion EmptyFri Aug 28, 2015 3:51 am

*Now with all this support, K. Rool is now a Mii Costume* Jokes aside, support
Back to top Go down
VultureDuck
Level 6 CPU
VultureDuck

PostSubject: Re: King K. Rool (Donkey Kong Country) Discussion   King K. Rool (Donkey Kong Country) Discussion EmptyFri Aug 28, 2015 11:18 am

I support
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: King K. Rool (Donkey Kong Country) Discussion   King K. Rool (Donkey Kong Country) Discussion EmptyFri Aug 28, 2015 1:10 pm

I think it would be cool if his down special was his ground pound from DK64.
He emits shockwaves when he hits the ground.
I dunno
Just thought it would be cool.

And no it's not just Bowser's down special, go look at the DK64 final boss if you don't know what I'm talking about.
Back to top Go down
Chaotic Chao
Level 4 CPU
Chaotic Chao

Phoenix Wright
  ChaotixChao

PostSubject: Re: King K. Rool (Donkey Kong Country) Discussion   King K. Rool (Donkey Kong Country) Discussion EmptySat Aug 29, 2015 12:52 pm

I support this
But hurry up and do it before Sakurai decides to suddenly stop trolling us and puts him in Sm4sh first
Back to top Go down
blaner
Level 1 CPU

PostSubject: Re: King K. Rool (Donkey Kong Country) Discussion   King K. Rool (Donkey Kong Country) Discussion EmptySat Aug 29, 2015 1:58 pm

are you sure this sprites are the one you are going to use?
http://www.spriters-resource.com/resources/sheets/1/166.png
if thats the case i ve always wanted to sprite him and i could do it :0
Back to top Go down
Dustination

Mach Rider
  Dustination

PostSubject: Re: King K. Rool (Donkey Kong Country) Discussion   King K. Rool (Donkey Kong Country) Discussion EmptySat Aug 29, 2015 2:02 pm

blaner wrote:
are you sure this sprites are the one you are going to use?
http://www.spriters-resource.com/resources/sheets/1/166.png
Not in a million years

If you would like to apply for the development team you can visit this page.
Back to top Go down
blaner
Level 1 CPU

PostSubject: Re: King K. Rool (Donkey Kong Country) Discussion   King K. Rool (Donkey Kong Country) Discussion EmptySat Aug 29, 2015 2:04 pm

i dont want to aply to the development team, i just want to sprite
im making my own game with a friends, so i wouldnt have time to be part of a constant team
and i asked, because those are the one in this topic and they fit the dk style, and i would give him a better palette :0
Back to top Go down
Dustination

Mach Rider
  Dustination

PostSubject: Re: King K. Rool (Donkey Kong Country) Discussion   King K. Rool (Donkey Kong Country) Discussion EmptySat Aug 29, 2015 2:11 pm

You can't sprite for the game if you aren't a part of the development team, sorry.

This topic is unofficial and does not represent the content that will be included in the game.
Back to top Go down
blaner
Level 1 CPU

PostSubject: Re: King K. Rool (Donkey Kong Country) Discussion   King K. Rool (Donkey Kong Country) Discussion EmptySat Aug 29, 2015 2:17 pm

i jnow it doesnt, but atleast i want to sprite a king k rool that fits your style and give it to you and use it ( IF YOU WANT TO)
here is the proof that i can sprite
http://blaner.deviantart.com/

i just want to sprite k rool and since im going to do it, atleast i want to give it to a good cause :/
Back to top Go down
Roy
Level 7 CPU
Roy

RoyMaster4

PostSubject: Re: King K. Rool (Donkey Kong Country) Discussion   King K. Rool (Donkey Kong Country) Discussion EmptySun Aug 30, 2015 7:30 am

Assuming he's done correctly, I have to support him. I don't like the vB as a ground pound, though... surely there's a better idea.

Good luck with the spriting, though.
Back to top Go down
OmegaSteve777
Level 8 CPU
OmegaSteve777

Gooey

PostSubject: Re: King K. Rool (Donkey Kong Country) Discussion   King K. Rool (Donkey Kong Country) Discussion EmptySun Aug 30, 2015 11:14 am

I just thought the ground pound would rep DK64 pretty well.

Something that isn't boxing gloves.
Back to top Go down
Roy
Level 7 CPU
Roy

RoyMaster4

PostSubject: Re: King K. Rool (Donkey Kong Country) Discussion   King K. Rool (Donkey Kong Country) Discussion EmptySun Aug 30, 2015 1:26 pm

I think the ground pound would fit better as a down smash. DK64 seems like it could be repped pretty well as it is... jab, down smash, possible dash attack (slip ala Lanky fight)... maybe even a final smash with the Blast-o-matic.

If K Rool ever found himself in this sort of tournament, he would find a way to cheat. Thus, I have an idea for a new down special (maybe summoning a Kremling could be side special? The crown boomerang is kind of boring anyways).

I call this move: 'Feign Death'. In classic DKC fashion, K Rool fakes his own demise. Upon hitting down special, it won't look like anything has happened. However, if K Rool is hit during a short 1 second window, it will appear as if the move KOs (knockback power is adjusted accordingly). After the explosion animation off-screen, K Rool gets up off the ground (hidden under some fake scenery) with almost no ending lag, allowing K Rool to attack the now confused opponent.

This move isn't useful at all early in the match because it will be obvious, allowing an opponent to prepare for your return. At high %'s, though, it will be almost indistinguishable from a normal KO making it a valuable tool to turn a losing situation into a potential victory.
Back to top Go down
Naughty Ottsel
Level 5 CPU
Naughty Ottsel

Captain Falcon
  Vanillogic

PostSubject: Re: King K. Rool (Donkey Kong Country) Discussion   King K. Rool (Donkey Kong Country) Discussion EmptySun Aug 30, 2015 1:56 pm

Now that's unique, and actually represents one of K. Rool's most memorable attributes from DKC: how you would think you'd beaten him, and the fake credits would roll, and ten he'd get back up. That's good.
Back to top Go down
Alexander

Alexander

Fox
  KingTremolo

PostSubject: Re: King K. Rool (Donkey Kong Country) Discussion   King K. Rool (Donkey Kong Country) Discussion EmptySun Aug 30, 2015 2:02 pm

I actually think that's pretty cool. I wasn't really a fan of him, but I do like the idea of the attack. It does sound like it could get annoying though, but idk.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: King K. Rool (Donkey Kong Country) Discussion   King K. Rool (Donkey Kong Country) Discussion Empty

Back to top Go down

King K. Rool (Donkey Kong Country) Discussion
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Project Crusade Community ::  :: Character Discussion :: Unofficial Characters :: Smash Veterans :: Archive-
Jump to:  
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com